Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. (52326 Views)

Buhari Still Working, Having Meetings In London – Kachikwu / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:
GEJ bought equipment: didn't he meet equipment? Nigerians has been on many peace-keeping missions, aiding other countries across the globe through our military equipment even before he became President: were they using military equipment he bought during this period too?

Continuity, accountability, responsibility, impartiality etc are some of the characteristics of Nolan Principles of corporate governance in public office: but reverse is the case when it comes to GEJ's turn: a government that is ready to take present glory but do not want to take glory for past blemishes that happened during his tenure at the helm of affairs

Care to list any other administration that bought far more weapons for the military, police force, and intelligence services. List any other administration that invested so much in much needed TACTICAL trainings as well as Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism. What the hell do i think we acquired during old peacekeeping missions? In the past, soldiers used extremely old vietnam era american flak vest and old AK-47/OBJ-006 rifles. Add a couple of old Canadian Grizzly APC, THATS ALL. Thanks to GEJ, each combat trooper, conventional or special ops/covert is equipped with either brand new Marom Dolphin combat vests or Isreali/South African tactical variants with camel systems, armed with sophisticated Beryl Assualt rifles, Tavor variants for special forces, Galil Aces for DSS, FN P90s for DSS and NIA, FN FS2000, pistols, sniper rifles. Thanks to GEJ soldiers ride into with MRAPs, LCAVs, IFVs, and bada$$ T-72M1 or AV Main Battle Tanks. Thanks to GEJ for the first time in decades, we can now launch air assaults, dropping paratroopers or special ops operators behind enemy lines thanks to the activation of our C-130s and G-222, the.additional Mi-35Ms attack helos, reactivated Super Puma helicopters, new Gazelle Scout helos for army aviation corps. And so much more.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by impossible27(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dat my proud fomer president talking. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
-the-equipment-i-bought-says-jonathan
As if na him papa money he take buy am clueless drunky master...
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by gemtlesoul123: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
U buy equipment to loot our money but u forget to buy d one to fight insurgency
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by wirinet(m): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
This statement is vague at best and stupid at worst. Is Jonathan saying the Nigeria military did not have any weapons when he took over? So what was the over 80,000 Nigeria soldiers using for trainings and combat operations before he became president?

Why not give us an inventory of the weapons you bought -the type and cost. How many tanks did you buy? How many planes, helicopters, heavy artillery weapons, communication equipment, rifles and even helmets?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
vera202:
I tink u ar d one dat hv no idea cos d so called gudwill jst came in one or 2 months ago, which means Buhari hv been fighting dis war with GEJ Equipments

The goodwill began more than 2 months ago. Plus equipments were available before jonathan and he (jonathan) met them there. The ma who was supposed to handle weapons procurement for jonathan is currently under arrest for doing nothing.
I am not speaking based on what the media are reporting, I have soldier friends in the NE fighting this war and my info is first hand from them on the field. They know what equipments they had available to them during jonathans tenure and what they now have which made them bring boko haram to its knees in a few months as against jonathans 6 yrs of politicising boko haram.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
prettyboi1:

What a freaking lie. Under Jonathan, boko haram was attacking military barracks/installations,police outposts and even the police headquarters. Boko haram was hitting Abuja very frequently at some point in time...they even blew up the UN secretariat in Abuja, blew ThisDay newspaper's headquarters up. They were very active in Borno,Adamawa, Yobe,Kano and they had occasional attacks in Plateau, Niger,Kaduna,Nasarrawa and Kogi states. Under Jonathan, you remember that there was a time when Boko haram members were rampantly breaking out of jail...almost weekly or at most fortnightly (at the time). Churches in the north of the country were rampantly blown up on service days,mosques were rampantly blown up,etc, Universities in the north of the country were also rampantly attacked and students attacked...and you come here to lie that the attacks under Buhari are more than they were under Jonathan's government. Wake up and stop lying....the truth is boko haram seems to have been more destroyed now that they were under Jonathan's government.
By the way, I'm not here to engage in trivial politics or sycophancy that most of you on here do, I have just stated what the facts are. Simple!

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

True. But under same GEJ administration, Boko Haram was destroyed as a cohesive fighting force with fallen territories recaptured and IDPs returned to their homes, thanks to the successful 6 weeks military combined arms offensive launched.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The goodwill began more than 2 months ago. Plus equipments were available before jonathan and he (jonathan) met them there. The ma who was supposed to handle weapons procurement for jonathan is currently under arrest for doing nothing.
I am not speaking based on what the media are reporting, I have soldier friends in the NE fighting this war and my info is first hand from them on the field. They know what equipments they had available to them during jonathans tenure and what they now have which made them bring boko haram to its knees in a few months as against jonathans 6 yrs of politicising boko haram.

Please what weopons did GEJ meet? Sure a number of Otokar Kobras, old T-55 tanks, Vickers MK3s, and so on, most FAULTY. What else?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
THE GULLBLE M.ORONS WILL ALWAYS LIE AND ARGUE.....

BUHARI HAS NOT BOUGHT EVEN A BULLET BUT BOKO HARAM ARE BEING FOUGHT....

GEJ BOUGHT 80% OF THE WEAPONS USED IN FIGHTING BOKO HARAM AND SOME DESCENDANTS OF DULLARD OF DAURA WILL COME HERE WITH THEIR MISERABLE IGNORAMUS NARRATIVES....

WITH THE BRAINS SOME DUNDEE SUPPORTERS ARE DISPLAYING HERE I PITY THEIR OFFSPRING'S....slowpoke WILL BE SMARTER THAN THEM...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Suddenly, expensive and complex military equipments were purchased, and delivered within 6 months even with dwindling revenue projections?? Hmmmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Eluwilussit(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

Because theyre far from North America plus that wasn't the plan. We did not go there to win, we went there to destabilize, destroy, and plunder.
You're African, you probably won't get it.

Hey, I might be African but I don't live anywhere near Africa. As a matter of fact, I have been in North America for almost 15 years. So I understand.

Back to your main point, it is arrogance of the highest order to assume that the USA could win any ideological war in any foreign land. USA may have gone to those places with some ulterior motives, no doubt, but to claim that they spend billions of dollars every month, just to destabilize those countries, makes the USA look stupid. We ain't even talking about the human loss. Can you tell us how many thousands of soldiers died and are still dying because of the wars? We haven't even mentioned the disabled. Anyway, I am one of the people who believe that the USA has more good intentions than bad.

Given what the USA loses, in foreign missions as can be proved by the amount of debt it owes, I wonder how they can recoup their money. If the aim is to destabilize, then it comes at a great cost. grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by wirinet(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

Care to list any other administration that bought far more weapons for the military, police force, and intelligence services. List any other administration that invested so much in much needed TACTICAL trainings as well as Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorism. What the hell do i think we acquired during old peacekeeping missions? In the past, soldiers used extremely old vietnam era american flak vest and old AK-47/OBJ-006 rifles. Add a couple of old Canadian Grizzly APC, THATS ALL. Thanks to GEJ, each combat trooper, conventional or special ops/covert is equipped with either brand new Marom Dolphin combat vests or Isreali/South African tactical variants with camel systems, armed with sophisticated Beryl Assualt rifles, Tavor variants for special forces, Galil Aces for DSS, FN P90s for DSS and NIA, FN FS2000, pistols, sniper rifles. Thanks to GEJ soldiers ride into with MRAPs, LCAVs, IFVs, and bada$$ T-72M1 or AV Main Battle Tanks. Thanks to GEJ for the first time in decades, we can now launch air assaults, dropping paratroopers or special ops operators behind enemy lines thanks to the activation of our C-130s and G-222, the.additional Mi-35Ms attack helos, reactivated Super Puma helicopters, new Gazelle Scout helos for army aviation corps. And so much more.

Are you being sarcastic or you are actually serious. Every other person involved with combat operations against Boko Haram contradict what you wrote up there. Apart from the urgency and flurry of activities within the election postponement window, the Nigerian army lost EVERY combat with boko Haram. Boko Haram were overrunning Nigerian military barracks in the northeast with embarrassing ease. Boko Haram captured and held unto 14 local governments and the government seemed powerless. Everybody including northern governors and the soldiers on the field complained of lack of equipment and that boko Haram were better armed than the Nigerian military. So can you dare to prove that the Nigeria army had all these equipment and weapons you listed in adequate quantity? Can you help Jonathan justify the $1billion dollars and other hundreds of billions of naira allocated to arms purchase within the last 4 years of his administration

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

I challenge any APC apologist to counter this guy...watch how they'll avoid him..... lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Image123(m): 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
tete7000:

You never heard him well. QED
Of course, you're the one that heard him well.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
wirinet:

Are you being sarcastic or you are actually serious. Every other person involved with combat operations against Boko Haram contradict what you wrote up there. Apart from the urgency and flurry of activities within the election postponement window, the Nigerian army lost EVERY combat with boko Haram. Boko Haram were overrunning Nigerian military barracks in the northeast with embarrassing ease. Boko Haram captured and held unto 14 local governments and the government seemed powerless. Everybody including northern governors and the soldiers on the field complained of lack of equipment and that boko Haram were better armed than the Nigerian military. So can you dare to prove that the Nigeria army had all these equipment and weapons you listed in adequate quantity? Can you help Jonathan justify the $1billion dollars and other hundreds of billions of naira allocated to arms purchase within the last 4 years of his administration
Sharap my friend! how many LGAs were recaptured by Buhari? Name them please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by dukecharles(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Why wasn't the war against boko haram won during his tenure??

But election held in North East, fear God bro. It took GEJ 6 weeks to flush out Boko boys before election

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by foriz4u(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:

I don't know, but bombs were going off like it was Christmas.

No, he hasn't but it has reduced.
do u expected it to increase b4?? it will definitely reduce even if a lane man is the president. no big deal abeg. but d truth remains, so long we still have unemployment and illiteracy issue in this country terrorism will always throw its spite at our faces .
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
chudionu58:
I challenge any APC apologist to counter this guy...watch how they'll avoid him..... lol

What is there to counter? He should provide photos of these weapons in combat operations in the north east. Even the nairaland tread on combat operations in the north east showed that the main mode of transportation of Nigeria soldiers was Toyota hilux printed in military colours.

He might as well claim that Jonathan bought intercontinental ballistic missiles fitted with nuclear warhead and you will now ask APC apologists to counter the guy.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
chudionu58:
Suddenly, expensive and complex military equipments were purchased, and delivered within 6 months even with dwindling revenue projections?? Hmmmmmm.

I guess u did not read my previous posts and just jumped on this one. China, USA, saudi arabia amongst others have all made really valuable and sizeable equipment donations to Nigeria all of which cannot be mentioned openly as it would be against protocol. All those equipments are as a result of what Sahara reporters called the "Junketing" of buhari.
I have first hand info on the equipments delivered and more yet coming, when they were delivered and when they will be. Whatever info I can divulge safely I have done.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:
GEJ bought equipment: didn't he meet equipment? Nigerians has been on many peace-keeping missions, aiding other countries across the globe through our military equipment even before he became President: were they using military equipment he bought during this period too?

Continuity, accountability, responsibility, impartiality etc are some of the characteristics of Nolan Principles of corporate governance in public office: but reverse is the case when it comes to GEJ's turn: a government that is ready to take present glory but do not want to take glory for past blemishes that happened during his tenure at the helm of affairs

Did you read before posting?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Coolgent(m): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
You bought equipment & yet you can fight Bokoharam?
Shege banza kowai
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
chudionu58:

I guess the heckler and koch series and the mk19 grenade launchers amongst others delivered were bought by jonathan abi? Go and sit down.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by barcaboi(m): 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

More people died from bokoram from June to Dec 2015 than from Jan-May 2015,They were also far more attacks during the latter part of the year under Buhari.
hilarious u used only jan - may.....lemme ask, how many LGA did boko control in d last 2yrs?....how many were rescued from dem?...tell me again, b4 GEJ came..why was our peace mission crew 1 of d best?.....didn't he inherit dose?...how come soldiers were sentenced to death for mutiny when dey got no weapon?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by peacengine(m): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

WORD!
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

The weed you took before posting that was sent from outer space by aliens.

The Lockheed c130 and the Aeritalia g222 u mentioned there were already in possession of the nigerian army b4 GEJ so stop saying nonsense

The MRAP is being produced here by our military and was not purchased. Practically all you listwd there are lies. I have pictures and facts. You have stories.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by arewafederation: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
dadexcel:
[s]................Proper education and arguement/ contribution requires reading in between the lines , digesting the content of a write up before making your comment.....just saying! [/s]

Let me assume you are referring to yourself. cool
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by mrodogu: 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So since Buhari has not procured new equipments which ones is he now using to tackle boko haram?
the one your hero bought sir
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
wirinet:

What is there to counter? He should provide photos of these weapons in combat operations in the north east. Even the nairaland tread on combat operations in the north east showed that the main mode of transportation of Nigeria soldiers was Toyota hilux printed in military colours.

He might as well claim that Jonathan bought intercontinental ballistic missiles fitted with nuclear warhead and you will now ask APC apologists to counter the guy.
Visit beegeagle blog and educate yourself appropriately starting from 2014...the information is there to be seen, stop feigning ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hengineer:
Can you kindly explain what you mean by biased here??

There were very loud complaints about a lack of basic weapons to fight bokoharam which no doubt led to an unnecessary elongation of a war which should have ended long long ago. Billions were spent for this singular purpose of procuring weapons but most of the moneys were diverted by crooks (as is being revealed lately). Somehow, someway, with the use of the little it had and the few weapons procured (mainly early 2015 before the election), the terrorists have now been greatly subdued by the military.

Now I asked 2 simple questions:
1. With the insurgence largely subdued by the military (using the little it has and at a great human capital loss), does it make any sense scolding the present admin for not buying arms for a war that is already almost over?

2. With the billions budgeted for arms largely squandered, and with a virtually empty treasury, what funds do you expect the present government to use in procuring more arms (even if it's for a future eventuality)?

In your honest opinion and with politics or any sentiments put aside, do you really think that statement by Jonathan was necessary?

As for your first point bro u said the army is using the 'little oit has', I don't know how they got the 'little'. Because u later admitted they were bought before elections. By Jonathan. U tend to forget Jonathan tried to buy from US, but they blocked the sale and Nigeria could not procure it until another country independent of the grip of America sold to us. And that took forever. Imagine if the weapons were gotten earlier, it would have made a lot of difference. But buying such a huge amount of weapons requires a lot of international monitoring and evaluation. It takes months or years.

I du no about ur second point. Cos you are yet to indict Jonathan. Ypou don't blame a father because his sons are thieves. Until you prove that the father taught the sons the art of stealing. And like I said u will never see my side of the issue. So lets not talk too much. After four years lets talk.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I guess the heckler and koch series and the mk19 grenade launchers amongst others delivered were bought by jonathan abi? Go and sit down.
Lol, any snippet on when the orders were placed? Don't tell me it's not part of the equipment the Americans refused selling that they are now stylishly releasing and you are here masturbating! Anytime, Buhari purchases T-72s and Mi-35s and the Beryl carbines , you can come let's talk.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by APCsupporter: 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Was boko haram in charge of any territory by May 29 when he handed over to Buhari?

Has Buhari stopped the boko haram attacks?

When did they take over the territories? And before u mislead people more than 20 terriroties were not recovered as at may 29th

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Old Photos Of Nigeria Leaders And Their Wives / Kabir Adamu Among Passengers Kidnapped During Kaduna Train Attack / Have You Received Any Money Or Relief Material From The Federal Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.