Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. (52328 Views)

Buhari Still Working, Having Meetings In London – Kachikwu / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Osgilliat(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2016
The ineffectual Buffon is trying to associate himself with the defeating of Boko haram. I wonder when this man will receive some sense. O Ya gba

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Image123(m): 10:20am On Jan 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Unlike the days of that buffoon (according to the economist) our soldiers no longer use their hands to defuse mines which were strewn all over the roads by boko haram and which added to the demoralisation of our men in the face of battle, we now have 24 of these buffalo mine sweepers generously donated by the united states (free).
A military man knows what the military need in certain situations and Buhari made a specific plea and got a specific response.

Don't mind these guys. Information is available on SIPRI website about expenditures and arms tranfers for all countries. While we indeed spent a lot, we got little or nothing during the Jonathan era. If GEJ wasn't shameless and indeed INEFFECTUAL, he will not be saying these. It is like a coach with players who got them relegated. Another coach took the same team and won Champions League. The relegation coach is now talking in the beer parlor that it is his players that were used.

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 29, 2016
Image123:

Don't mind these guys. Information is available on SIPRI website about expenditures and arms tranfers for all countries. While we indeed spent a lot, we got little or nothing during the Jonathan era. If GEJ wasn't shameless and indeed INEFFECTUAL, he will not be saying these. It is like a coach with players who got them relegated. Another coach took the same team and won Champions League. The relegation coach is now talking in the beer parlor that it is his players that were used.

That beer parlour coach with his buffoonery needs to be whipped!
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2016
Image123:

Many do not know that the moment boko haram announced their affiliation with isis, the united states took interest. They wanted to assist nigeria in the fight but our level of corruption in Jonathans government made them look for every reason not to do so. They cited instances when information was leaked to boko haram from within the nigerian army which shows that boko haram had those working for them within our army.
How then could they send us support troops or equipment when their troops may not be safe and those equipment could easily fall into enemy hands. Hence their desire to support anyone who would rid Nigeria of corruption and that was why they threw their weight behind buhari and what jonathan could not do when he was before Obama, buhari did. USA blocked all arms purchases by Nigeria for the singular reason of corruption in our army and the buffoonery of our leadership.
Now all doors of military aid are wide open to us.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by richeso: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in unintelligent nonsense and ignorant posters...

Makes you just stupid already.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I honestly do not thinking you know what you are saying one bit. Besides the Mraps being locally produced here every other all terrain vegicle you mentioned there were already In our possession in the days of Yaradua so shut it. I have close ties to the military and will tell you that contrary to what many thought about our military and its weaponry we were not so devoid of equipment as many like you assumed. We were only being stingy with what we had and. All you listed there as far back as 2004 we had them so stop with the deification of Jonathan.

LMAO!!!! OH MY cheesy !!! Did you just say that the Bigfoot MRAP along with the REVA and co where purchased ever since 2004?!!!! Jesu!!! Boy if you dont have a damn clue about military procurements but feel the urge to spew CRAP, here's an idea: SHUT THE FVCK UP!! There were NO BIGFOOTS, NO REVAs, NO SPRINGBUCKS, NO STREIT SPARTAN MK3, and DEFINITELY NO IGIRIGI under OBJ or YARADUA (God bless his gentle soul). Apart from the older BTRs, MOWAGs, and the icon NPF MOPOL SAXON, OBJ bought over 100 Otokar Kobras for both Army and Police, and APCs/MRAPs like the Casspire were purchased for MOPOL Squadrons detailed for protection of embassies. Newly formed Police Anti Terror Squad (ATS) equally recieved a few RG-31 Nyala MRAPs. Other few contributions, sgsin to the police, came from states like Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Ogun, etc that purchased STREIT SPARTAN MK2s & MK3 variants for their respective police commands. THAT WAS IT.

The set FIRST STREIT SPARTAN MK3 pirchased fir the Nigerian Army (Army Explosives Ordnance Disposal EOD ) was under GEJ.

The FIRST use of the CS/VP3 bigfoot MRAPs was reported in 2014/2015.

The FIRST set of REVA MK2 MRAPs were purchased in early 2015 and are used SPECIFICALLY by the South African trained 72nd Mobile Strike Force (Special Forces).

The BTR-4 IFVs from Ukraine were purchased btw 2013-14.

The FIRST IGIRIGI PROTOTYPE was unveiled during the Army's Celebration Day.Improved production variant saw action much later. Again under GEJ's watch.

Add to all these are additional STREIT variants, the INKAS LCAVs for army and police, brand new SPRINGBUCKs for police.

Oh, did i mention those BVP-1 IFVs kicking boko haram a$$ in Borno? My bad, Mr. ITK. All those were GEJ. Along with the SAMIL gun trucks and RM-20 122mm MLRS.

Do note that we've not even delved into gunships, fire arms, MBTs, and co.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by misgab: 11:38am On Jan 29, 2016
if he had bought the said equipment at the inception of Bh will buhari still be wasting his precious time doing what he GEJ should have done then. besides jona is shameless he should start practising and preparing how he is going to have a nice time behind bars.The rest of ya past tifing CIC start your rehearsals as well.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you had any jot of intelligence you would have clearly deduced my point. This administration is 100 times wiser than 1000 Jonathans put together. When intelligence available already revealed how corrupt nigeria was and also intelligence gathered also showed that boko haram had sponsors within so why wouldnt they be resisted when corruption was the lifeline for boko haram.
Buhari did just one thing...focus on the botched arms purchase and expose the corrupt elements and every other nation who previously refused to help are now doing so without us spending further on arms procurement. We are now receiving arms for free.
You keep talking about Apaches and T72s like its news. Fyi the Nigerian army has taken possession of 8 advanced Apaches sold to us in August by the united states under a special arrangement and also several T72 tanks.
Our troops now have proper air support. Something they hardly ever had. Like I said, I have hard facts while you have stories.

*smh* The Nigerian Airforce does NOT operate ANY AH-64 APACHE. NOT NOW, NOT EVER.

We only use variants of the Russian Mi-35, from the Mi-35V (purchased under OBJ)nd P series to the Mi-35M all weather version purchased under GEJ
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 11:46am On Jan 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Unlike the days of that buffoon (according to the economist) our soldiers no longer use their hands to defuse mines which were strewn all over the roads by boko haram and which added to the demoralisation of our men in the face of battle, we now have 24 of these buffalo mine sweepers generously donated by the united states (free).
A military man knows what the military need in certain situations and Buhari made a specific plea and got a specific response.

Clap for yaself!! So the hand-me-down MRAPs, donations from the USA, is now a Buhari feat?! You know see why you clowns are seen as pathetic? Even military buffs already seen the problwm with that donation, no thanks to the logistic nightmare these ex-Afghan war hand-me-down MRAPs will create....yet you celebrate it as a PMB feat, abi? Hehehehe pathetic. Oh btw before those, we used these:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by princejayboss: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ephemmm:

It seems you are new on politics and history? For your information, Nigeria has good record when it comes to peace-keeping mission especially in African and Pan-Africa.

Go and conduct empirical research, other countries are backing Nigeria to be enlisted as one of the permanent members of Security Council even before your el-dorado equipment bought in some weeks to presidential election in 2015. However, was it your Ogogoro master that bought those equipment used in check-mating the activities of Niger Delta militant during OBJ and Yaradua too?

You need to wake up from your slumber.

You are so funny...
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Image123(m): 2:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
ocelot2006:

LMAO!!!! OH MY cheesy !!! Did you just say that the Bigfoot MRAP along with the REVA and co where purchased ever since 2004?!!!! Jesu!!! Boy if you dont have a damn clue about military procurements but feel the urge to spew CRAP, here's an idea: SHUT THE FVCK UP!! There were NO BIGFOOTS, NO REVAs, NO SPRINGBUCKS, NO STREIT SPARTAN MK3, and DEFINITELY NO IGIRIGI under OBJ or YARADUA (God bless his gentle soul). Apart from the older BTRs, MOWAGs, and the icon NPF MOPOL SAXON, OBJ bought over 100 Otokar Kobras for both Army and Police, and APCs/MRAPs like the Casspire were purchased for MOPOL Squadrons detailed for protection of embassies. Newly formed Police Anti Terror Squad (ATS) equally recieved a few RG-31 Nyala MRAPs. Other few contributions, sgsin to the police, came from states like Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Ogun, etc that purchased STREIT SPARTAN MK2s & MK3 variants for their respective police commands. THAT WAS IT.

The set FIRST STREIT SPARTAN MK3 pirchased fir the Nigerian Army (Army Explosives Ordnance Disposal EOD ) was under GEJ.

The FIRST use of the CS/VP3 bigfoot MRAPs was reported in 2014/2015.

The FIRST set of REVA MK2 MRAPs were purchased in early 2015 and are used SPECIFICALLY by the South African trained 72nd Mobile Strike Force (Special Forces).

The BTR-4 IFVs from Ukraine were purchased btw 2013-14.

The FIRST IGIRIGI PROTOTYPE was unveiled during the Army's Celebration Day.Improved production variant saw action much later. Again under GEJ's watch.

Add to all these are additional STREIT variants, the INKAS LCAVs for army and police, brand new SPRINGBUCKs for police.

Oh, did i mention those BVP-1 IFVs kicking boko haram a$$ in Borno? My bad, Mr. ITK. All those were GEJ. Along with the SAMIL gun trucks and RM-20 122mm MLRS.

Do note that we've not even delved into gunships, fire arms, MBTs, and co.

What are you saying that is making you so happy? It is on public record that the GEJ administration used over a trillion naira as expenditure for arms purchase. It is a shame on them if they did not purchase even more than all these so called weapons. How is it we buy all the good and expensive books for a student and he fails. then someone else takes the same books and passes. Is the first student not supposed to be very ashamed of himself? Is he supposed to be mouthing that someone else passed using the textbooks that he bought, textbooks that could not help him? Was he not playing the pity game saying USA did not allow him to buy weapons, why is he now saying he bought weapons? Why was boko haram ransacking army barracks with ease and carting away with sophisticated ammunition under his watch?
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ocelot2006(m): 6:20am On Jan 30, 2016
Image123:

What are you saying that is making you so happy? It is on public record that the GEJ administration used over a trillion naira as expenditure for arms purchase. It is a shame on them if they did not purchase even more than all these so called weapons. How is it we buy all the good and expensive books for a student and he fails. then someone else takes the same books and passes. Is the first student not supposed to be very ashamed of himself? Is he supposed to be mouthing that someone else passed using the textbooks that he bought, textbooks that could not help him? Was he not playing the pity game saying USA did not allow him to buy weapons, why is he now saying he bought weapons? Why was boko haram ransacking army barracks with ease and carting away with sophisticated ammunition under his watch?

What "pity game"? Is the United States the only source of weapons in the world? We tried buying American made AH-6 Cobra attack helicopters from Isreal, the Americans blocked it, we tried buying surplus USMC Sea King Transport helicopters, again it was blocked. We used the black market route, the Americans kicked against it for "human rights issues". So we RETALIATED: We terminated the training programme for a new Special Forces (Ranger battalion) with the Americans, pretty much telling the Americans to go FVCK themselves, switched to the EAST (China, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Russia) and other countries (Isreal, South Africa, France) for weapons & tactical training, then ROYALLY WHOOPED Boko Haram's collective bums in the military offensive that followed. SIMPLE.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Image123(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
ocelot2006:

What "pity game"? Is the United States the only source of weapons in the world? We tried buying American made AH-6 Cobra attack helicopters from Isreal, the Americans blocked it, we tried buying surplus USMC Sea King Transport helicopters, again it was blocked. We used the black market route, the Americans kicked against it for "human rights issues". So we RETALIATED: We terminated the training programme for a new Special Forces (Ranger battalion) with the Americans, pretty much telling the Americans to go FVCK themselves, switched to the EAST (China, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Russia) and other countries (Isreal, South Africa, France) for weapons & tactical training, then ROYALLY WHOOPED Boko Haram's collective bums in the military offensive that followed. SIMPLE.

Indeed, and you're still expatiating on the pity game. You're trying to tell me that for about 6years of death and waste, it's only American weapons that was being sourced? That it is around election that somebody finally discovered they could switch? With over 1trillion spent, yet boko haram remained a menace.
Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by chudionu58(f): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
ocelot2006:

Look my friend an average APC supporter is shallow and inept, they only thrive on lies from the usual suspects, having robustly lectured the fools since yesterday; why not ignore them and their deliberate ignorance? Besides, the most important segment of of 2015's voting population - the neutrals - have all grown irrevocably disenchanted with the current government (study the trend of likes and shares online, to start with )....Their views are neither reflective nor representative!!!! Ignore the two biggest foools on this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kabir Adamu Among Passengers Kidnapped During Kaduna Train Attack / Have You Received Any Money Or Relief Material From The Federal Government? / Cars Recovered By Abdullahi Abubakar From Yuguda (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.