Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye (33239 Views)

Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Intendy: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
and he told you to continue taking bribe. oya dino kontinu

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by nairaman66(m): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
resty4:
True, obj is epitome of corruptn.infact he institutionalized corruptn.

I beg to disagree! GEJ institutionalized corruption not the former!!

OBJ started it, GEJ perfected it!
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino Dino, the guy look am sey Obasanjo want block hin way
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by TimeManager(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
A self-defense approach to discredit the obvious truism. Obj laid it bare, but as an habit wailers would buttlick dino melaye.
The truth has spoken!
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by ledaman: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
See pot calling kettle black! useless and irresponsible senator saraki's dog
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
ALISMILE:
See how pple re foolish here! They all praising Dino, but they failed to wonder why he(Dino) didn't address the issue of d cars! They re praising Dino for shutting sombdy who questioned the rational behind the proposed purchase of d cars! That is jus how d weak minds amongst us allow politicians to twist us!
My guy, don't worry yourself...these guys are paid to distract us from the issue at hand. They know the question raised by OBJ is valid, even though he is corrupt, but choose to divert our attention to further secure the skeleton in their closet.
Corrupt people are known for attacking the messenger instead of addresing the message.......typical.

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by duality(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
How come people are not interested in the BMW cars purchase for the presidency. abi that one no be waste of money?

I think some people see the NA as an opposition party, hence they attack them to divert attention from buhari.

The presidency orchestrated the missing budget, yet some persons deliberately attacked the NA, rather than the culprit which is Buhari led presidency.

This is diabolical.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Eskdale(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
siraj1402:
Dino Melaye, a senator from Kogi west, has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter to the national assembly as a misplacement anger, accusing him of introducing corruption into the national assembly.

Obasanjo had written a letter to the national assembly accusing it of insincerity for its planned purchase of 469 cars worth N4.7bn.

But Melaye, in a riposte on Thursday, said the former president introduced corruption into the national assembly in his bid to run for a third term in office.

“I have tremendous respect for president Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo. Elder statesman, respected pan Africanist and committed patriot. I went through the letter written to all senators and members of the house of representatives. The letter I can see is a misplacement of anger,” he said.

“Our leader is mistaking the eighth national assembly as the same senate assembly that defrauded him in 2007. Those who collected his money and refused to implement the 3rd term agenda. I appeal to baba that we are not the ones please. After nine years of that bribery saga, the first of its kind, I expect forgiveness to have taken place.

“There was the case of bribery introduced by the Obasanjo regime in the desperate attempt to remove speaker Ghali Umar Na’abba from office then. In fact, there was open display of that bribery money on the floor of the house. That government exposed the national assembly to corruption and easy money. I hope this is not in an attempt to cover up and distract attention from the Halliburton and Siemens corruption allegations.

“While I am against corruption anywhere in Nigeria, I will not support accusations based on anger and vindictiveness. The eighth senate should also look inwardly and purge herself of all the deliberate misgivings of the past. Nigeria must work and we must support the anti corruption stand of the Buhari administration. God bless Nigeria.”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-respect-obasanjo-but-he-introduced-bribery-to-the-national-assembly-says-melaye
OBJ is a thief of de oldest and highest order..
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by ALISMILE(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dragonking:
Am sure if dino said this exact statement to gej you won't be typing this bullshiit!!!! Hypocrite...
when u click on sombdy's mention try and make a point! Next time u come to my mention witout makin a point I will sooooooooooooo ignore u that u will doubt ur existence! Try me!
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by M4gunners: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino the first time i will like you for telling the truth.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by oz4real83(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Our politicians always divert attention from issues at stake to irrelevant things. Metuh,Okonji-Iweala,Gej,Tompolo and so many other people. Is what Obj saying true? That is the answer we expected from NASS. Nigerians are wiser!!!

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by kosokoadeyemi: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Baba take ur time,leave this.buhari govt alone,this boys will mess u up.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Ndolarr: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino is lamentably unfit to be a Senator of this great country. He is uncouth, unpolished, unserious and opportunistic. He lacks the aura of a Senator, judging by his outbursts and un-intelligent comments on serious national issues. Honestly, I fail to see the connection between the warning by Obasanjo on the satanic profligacy and insensitive looting tendencies of the eight national assembly and his reference to the rumored 3rd term bid of obasanjo!The message is simple: Saraki and Dogara should empathize with the suffering Nigerians and reduce drastically the cost of running their chambers, including the suspension of the planned purchase of vehicles to satisfy their greed!! I wonder why Dino, in his characteristic motor park tout outbursts, will attempt to divert attention from the message! Posterity can never be kind to rogue Senator Dino, who is ever supporting corruption in the National Assembly, bearing in mind his fierce support for the discredited Patricia Etteh in the House of Representatives few years back and now for Saraki in his CCT corruption trial!! Shame on Dino.

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Dragonking: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
ALISMILE:
when u click on sombdy's mention try and make a point! Next time u come to my mention witout makin a point I will sooooooooooooo ignore u that u will doubt ur existence! Try me!
The truth is bitter... Go and sleep!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by ALISMILE(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

My guy, don't worry yourself...these guys are paid to distract us from the issue at hand. They know the question raised by OBJ is valid, even though he is corrupt, but choose to divert our attention to further secure the skeleton in their closet.
Corrupt people are known for attacking the messenger instead of addresing the message.......typical.
I hate OBJ but he made soooo much sense in that letter! Wen I read Dino's reply, d 1st tin that came to my mind was, hw can this guy be runnin away frm d issue? Only for me to come to NL and see pple actually praising Dino! Can our pple d especially d youths be soooo dumb? Am jus glad we still ve sombdy like u who is able to read betw d lines!

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Cekpo34(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
ALISMILE:
Blame d brainless Nigerians who re praising Dino! Nigerians re jus too dull 4 my liking! In saner climes pple will ask Dino to shut up and address d issues in d letter!

He can't address the issues the way you want him to but has openly stated his support for transparent National Assembly. Remember he isn't the S.P! He has openly supported anti corruption fight and at the same time blow whistle! I see nothing wrong in his approach.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by kacchy(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
Perilous times

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by less20: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2016

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by bluecircle470: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
So d corruption now continue to ur time abi, shey u av become saraki spokesman! U will definitely go b4 saraki.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by bluecircle470: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
Youthful exuberant is disturbing melaye. U're nt d type dat can tackle OBJ even Jonathan was no match to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by OpinionCounts(m): 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
ALISMILE:
Blame d brainless Nigerians who re praising Dino! Nigerians re jus too dull 4 my liking! In saner climes pple will ask Dino to shut up and address d issues in d letter!

My brother, also note that in those "saner climes" as stated by you, people like obasanjo with his corrupt stewardship record will never have d guts to show up in public not to talk of writing a letter accusing the hallowd chamber of same corruption he is known to be part of.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Who is this mofos, Dino? Who elected him a Senator?
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by arcnomec(m): 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
EdCure:
This is very typical of a PDP-minded politician. They try as much as they can to rubbish the image of their critic, discredit him and deflect focus from the real issues at stake.

Jonathan and his gang of thieves used this silly tactic and are still using it.
They have taught their herd of hypnotic wailers how to tow this line of ignominy.

Mr man,who amongst the two is a PDP politician ?
Read through the lines before rushing to comment.This is why student fails comprehension passage in exams .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Forwetinnah: 10:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Just imagine the old phooooool saying corruption and wastage started in the government 5 or 6years or so(in his letter) Imagine the old tortoise??!! Has he forgotten how he, Turai and Aaondoka scammed Nigerians with news of Yar'Adua's recovery while they rapeeed our economy? Has he forgotten all the wastage in the power sector when he was President? Has he forgotten how he and his Vice Atiku took Nigeria to the cleaners selling and buying everything for themselves? Has he?? What a phoolish old man to imply that wastage in government started 5 or 6 years ago!! Jonathan's success will kill OBJ!! I'm not in support of the recent NASS STUNT but OBJ is in no position to write thrash with his crooked fingers!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Forwetinnah: 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
OpinionCounts:

My brother, also note that in those "saner climes" as stated by you, people like obasanjo with his corrupt stewardship record will never have d guts to show up in public not to talk of writing a letter accusing the hallowd chamber of same corruption he is known to be part of.

Exactly...imagine the godfather of corruption writing trash
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by jojothaiv(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
#Organized Hypocrisy....
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by dammytosh: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
So that is the budget published and sacrifice for the time ?

Lol.

Dino is digging his political grave
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by jojothaiv(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
Odikwa serious o...
Even people wey never settle deir family matter sef go come dey flex muscle here too...
Make I dey observe how people wey dey Nairaland go settle the mata too....

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Forwetinnah: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
nairaman66:

I beg to disagree! GEJ institutionalized corruption not the former!!

OBJ started it, GEJ perfected it!

..i wonder the adjective you would use by the time Dullardmadu Bunkhari is done with Nigeria. N800million to update a website?? Forwetin?? Say dem go launch special satellite into space for that website alone. Atrocious!!

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by brilliant5(m): 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
Defend wat u caused of mr man. We kW obj is a senile man who was corrupt
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by brilliant5(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
Defend wat u acused of mr man. We kW obj is a senile man who was corrupt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics) / Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser / Fayose Absent At Buhari's Meeting With State Governors In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.