Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye (33238 Views)

Probe Obasanjo, He Introduced Corruption – Waku To Buhari / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by tolastikha: 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dino don't let them bamboozled you to face Ebora Owu o. If Ebora face you back, certainly Saraki will be impeached and your own don finish be that.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by stonemasonn: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
nairaman66:

I beg to disagree! GEJ institutionalized corruption not the former!!

OBJ started it, GEJ perfected it!
IBB institutionalized corruption instead

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by AlPeter: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
We knw baba iyabo na corruption even he no deny am so make somebori tell dis clown to face topic

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by longayink: 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
nzeobi:
Dino I concur

Obj is known for busy body and holier than thou approach.

Arewa Legislators ensured that Obasanjo's bribe money for 3rd Term never worked; because Arewa wanted power back to Arewa in 2007. And Arewa got the power it wanted back.

Arewa-led government shall soon put Obasanjo back to Prison - and no body can do anything about it.

Arewa hasn't forgiven Obasanjo for trying to restructure Nigeria Armed Forces to the disadvantage of Arewa.

Halliburton bribery that clearly indicted Obasanjo smells tougher every day of the Buhari government.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
ALISMILE:
I hate OBJ but he made soooo much sense in that letter! Wen I read Dino's reply, d 1st tin that came to my mind was, hw can this guy be runnin away frm d issue? Only for me to come to NL and see pple actually praising Dino! Can our pple d especially d youths be soooo dumb? Am jus glad we still ve sombdy like u who is able to read betw d lines!
My comrade, there are many like me in NL but they always choose to ignore this kind of thread because they know the corrupt ones and their stooges will troop here to display their affinity for corruption and cluelessness. Check their moniker, its a duplicated ignorance with zero contribution on the matter at hand.....they are shameless

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by longayink: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
tolastikha:
Dino don't let them bamboozled you to face Ebora Owu o. If Ebora face you back, certainly Saraki will be impeached and your own don finish be that.

Only in Nigeria where the younger generations are denied appropriate education - not empowered by older and dying generations.
That's where a person like Obasanjo from the dying off generation can have the sort of powers you gave him.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by tpiaobsession: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
obviously, this is not the chamber with the broken chair.

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Rolexy23: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
na all of u b thief... bro. OBJ is just d messiah... ;Dna all of u b thief... bro. OBJ is just d messiah...
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by 42ultimate(m): 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
This man called Dino is a complete and a full blown fool. Someone accused you of excessive feeding on our money, instead of you to try to justify the accusations you rather resorted to blackmail. You must be thinking that you are still in Nigeria of yesteryears, right? We have all upgraded, we are more wise than before. Imagine, Dino is employing the tactics of PDP during Jonathan campaigns where they were supposed to be educating masses about what they will do if voted into power but rather they were telling us about Buhari's missing certificate and how he doesn't feel free around women(cheap blackmail). What you are telling us now is that corruption that Obasanjo started must not end with you, right? Mr Dino, if you want to do the right thing, drop the idea of buying the unnecessary cars and probe the alleged bribery you claimed Obasanjo started if truly he was the one who gave out the bribe. By doing so, you will win my support. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by sarutobie(m): 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
duality:
How come people are not interested in the BMW cars purchase for the presidency. abi that one no be waste of money?

I think some people see the NA as an opposition party, hence they attack them to divert attention from buhari.

The presidency orchestrated the missing budget, yet some persons deliberately attacked the NA, rather than the culprit which is Buhari led presidency.

This is diabolical.
diabolical and hypocritical(which is also akin to witchcraft) is their nature..Obasanjo that orchestrated the sharing of 'ghana must go' bags in this country..the man that gulped 16billion on a phantom power project that never came to light, the man who masterminded the haliburton fraud, the spearhead of the much demonized PDP for EIGHT solid years and wanted a third term to complete his diabolic thievery, the man who slaughtered men, women, children and livestock in Odi and looked the other way when sharia was foisted on a good number of states in Nigeria..that same Obasanjo who even the seeds of his loins spoke against?? I will dine with a hundred Buharis than shake hands with such a man..two faced holier than thou hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by longayink: 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
If Nigeria is not a zoo, a person like Obasanjo should not have continued to have the political clout to grossly influence the country's political process.

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by prixm: 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
Senator Dino, what Nigerians expect from you is to address the issue Baba Obj raised. Is it right at this very grave time for our legislators who have been given vehicle allowance (to enable them purchase cars to make their work easy) to budget N4.7b for vehicles again. Baba Obj suggested that the legislators should render to Nigerians service for which they were voted into both houses. In this dire situation, everybody in government; executive, legislature, judiciary, should cut down waste and frivolous expenditure and settle for basic needs that the country may be able to afford right now.

Senator Dino, our memory is not that short, we have not forgotten so many evil Baba Obj represent for this country even though he likes to imagine that he is the true nationalist. He is in denial, alone, because everybody else knows him for who he is.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by anonimi: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
EdCure:
This is very typical of a PDP-minded politician. They try as much as they can to rubbish the image of their critic, discredit him and deflect focus from the real issues at stake.

Jonathan and his gang of thieves used this silly tactic and are still using it.
They have taught their herd of hypnotic wailers how to tow this line of ignominy.

Is it possible to rubbish someone that is CLEAN?
Is Ebola Owu clean of CORRUPTION

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by hopilo: 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
EdCure:
This is very typical of a PDP-minded politician. They try as much as they can to rubbish the image of their critic, discredit him and deflect focus from the real issues at stake.

They have taught their herd of hypnotic wailers how to tow this line of ignominy.
Point of correction, he is as at today APC minded. Don't ever return those you declared saints back to PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by johnmartus(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
i can see how some people giggle here they envy obj because of his role in the last election i really pity them obj have nothing to do with nigeria at his age one even said he would vote buhari for third terms only if buhari could jail obj imagine

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by dahjor(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
As much as I'm not saying former president Obasanjo is a saint, this is the reason corruption still thrive admist us. Dino didn't respond to the allegations. Purchase of cars individually for oversight functions of committees even after the official car which becomes theirs after 4 years, earning more than what revenue and allocation office recommended, instead he's attacking the man, and I see people hailing Dino's response.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by longayink: 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
sarutobie:

diabolical and hypocritical(which is also akin to witchcraft) is their nature..Obasanjo that orchestrated the sharing of 'ghana must go' bags in this country..the man that gulped 16billion on a phantom power project that never came to light, the who masterminded the haliburton fraud, the spearheaded of the much demonized PDP for EIGHT solid years and wanted a third term to complete his diabolic thievery, the man who slaughtered men, women, children and livestock in Odi and looked the other way when sharia was foisted on a good number of states in Nigeria..that same Obasanjo who even the seeds of his loins spoke against?? I will dine with a hundred Buharis than shake hands with such a man..two faced holier than thou hypocrite!

It's a country of dwarves - barely and half-educated population.
A population whose youths were told by a particular HoS that the youths are leaders of tomorrow
About 30 years after that tale,, those youths voted to make that particular HoS in his 70s to continue to lead them.

The rigged political structure of the country diisempowered the youths, it makes old politicians from one section of the country determine who must lead the country. ..

At anytime, from Obasanjo to Jonathan and now to Buhari, the worst of leaders are forced upon the youths by the old political class.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
This guy is mean...
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Oh, I didn't know the honorable members never heard of bribery and corruption until OBJ came to open their eyes...how insightful, please tell me more grin
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by 400billionman: 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
O boy.

This response is very wicked

Dino, you wicked.. grin

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by YaksonFCA(m): 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
OBJ is the undisputed grandfather of corruption in Nigeria. Let him keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Osario: 11:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
siraj1402:
Dino Melaye, a senator from Kogi west, has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s letter to the national assembly as a misplacement anger, accusing him of introducing corruption into the national assembly.

Obasanjo had written a letter to the national assembly accusing it of insincerity for its planned purchase of 469 cars worth N4.7bn.

But Melaye, in a riposte on Thursday, said the former president introduced corruption into the national assembly in his bid to run for a third term in office.

“I have tremendous respect for president Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo. Elder statesman, respected pan Africanist and committed patriot. I went through the letter written to all senators and members of the house of representatives. The letter I can see is a misplacement of anger,” he said.

“Our leader is mistaking the eighth national assembly as the same senate assembly that defrauded him in 2007. Those who collected his money and refused to implement the 3rd term agenda. I appeal to baba that we are not the ones please. After nine years of that bribery saga, the first of its kind, I expect forgiveness to have taken place.

“There was the case of bribery introduced by the Obasanjo regime in the desperate attempt to remove speaker Ghali Umar Na’abba from office then. In fact, there was open display of that bribery money on the floor of the house. That government exposed the national assembly to corruption and easy money. I hope this is not in an attempt to cover up and distract attention from the Halliburton and Siemens corruption allegations.

“While I am against corruption anywhere in Nigeria, I will not support accusations based on anger and vindictiveness. The eighth senate should also look inwardly and purge herself of all the deliberate misgivings of the past. Nigeria must work and we must support the anti corruption stand of the Buhari administration. God bless Nigeria.”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-respect-obasanjo-but-he-introduced-bribery-to-the-national-assembly-says-melaye

I had thought that Dino Melaye was an intelligent man. But after reading his response to Obasanjo's genuine and patriotic concern, I'm to to believe that Dino is a mediocre, an opportunist. No wonder in a nation of abject poverty, he flouts his dirty wealth with crass insensitivity
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Duru009(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
I luv this man........

Straight to the point.........

No time. He will be a very gud PR for many organisation......
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Duru009(m): 11:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
I luv this man........

Straight to the point.........

No time. He will be a very gud PR for many organisation.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Blackheritage: 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
ckmayoca:
Dino u don finish baba politely oooo
The baba he'll soon run to when d game is against... His oga did "Bukola" and many more when they're time of trouble and middle of real politics. Jona & PDP tried it, where are they? Gali umar Nahaba nko, Oga ken Nnamani nko, em oga oga Atiku abubakar nko? Them sabi to go beg for back.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 29, 2016
I never like this Man but he just nailed it here.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Lobolintin(m): 12:22am On Jan 29, 2016
coldsummer:
This dude was acting like a tout yesterday at the inauguration ceremony of bello.

Lost lots of respect for him yesterday. Even market women don't do what he was doing yesterday on stage.

O
Y
O
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Dean15: 12:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Am glad Dino admitted the fact that there is corruption at the National Assembly even mention when and who introduced it. If Dino supports PMB as he claim let him stop the purchase of these cars period
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by Smartgunna: 12:34am On Jan 29, 2016
ALISMILE:
Blame d brainless Nigerians who re praising Dino! Nigerians re jus too dull 4 my liking! In saner climes pple will ask Dino to shut up and address d issues in d letter!

In saner climes OBJ would be in jail for trying to bribe the NA, Halliburton, Siemens and national ID card issues.
Not in the least supporting the NAs financial recklessness but it's soo hypocritical to vilify someone for the same things ur accused of.
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by edupedia: 1:08am On Jan 29, 2016
EdCure:

...when OBJ reply him u will see him shuttling between Abuja and Ota daily...baba has dossier on people like MELAYE ...may be he has no constituency office sef...maybe he used the money to buy all those useless expensive cars in his garage...no one knows...but i remember when he was suspended from the house in the past he abused the house of reps more than OBJ is doing...if he is saying that all his houses and cars were bought through bribes from OBJ then the EFCC should pay him a visit...
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by edupedia: 1:14am On Jan 29, 2016
anonimi:

Is it possible to rubbish someone that is CLEAN?
Is Ebola Owu clean of CORRUPTION

...keep deceiving yourself with the same MANUFACTURED lies from METUH and CMC which cost GEJ and PMB the elections......NEXT!...
Re: I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye by tobitaiwo2003(m): 1:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Dino why can't you allow Baba to say is mind. na democracy we dey na. at least no court don prove am wrong.

Nexus Refrigerator 125 - NX-125 (Silver)
₦ 41,380
I saw this n I don't know if it may interest u. U can also check it out.
Description
Capacity: 125L
Mechanical Temperature Control
Reversible door with magnetic seal
Stylish interior light
1 White wire shelf
1 Crystal crisper drawer with glass cover
2 Full-width & 2 half-width crystal door
balconies
1 Wire door rack
Easy to clean interior
Colour: Silver Coated Finish. pls contact me if u need it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biography Of Ramatu Tijani Aliyu - The Minister Of State FCT. / After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics) / Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.