Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Pdp 2019 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp 2019 (6691 Views)

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp 2019 by Bishiie(m): 10:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Attention pls !!!
Is there anybody or organisation on this platform that need the service of Farm Manager /Farm Supervisor /Attendant please kindly contact me via
Whatsapp: +234 705 780 3041
Bbm: 58C6B527
SMS/Call: 0803 096 9674
E-mail johnlucasojo@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Pdp 2019 by chris4govedo: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2016
There is a new star in Edo politics, his name is Chris Osa Ogiemwonyi. Rtd Chief Exec @NNPC, Former minister of state for works, family man and technocrat. Let us take Edo to the promise Land! www.chrisogiemwonyi.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2016
I think that Nigeria should protest the insult. Agreed, GEJ is incompetent as a leader but it denigrates every Nigerian for foreign media to use uncouth language in describing a past President of this country.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by BeardedMeat(m): 10:37am On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

Mo is a liberal radical (If such a word exists cheesy but MO is a "mama" as well & used to being temperate... Lil ones will force one to b calm by fire by force. wink
Don't derail your own thread undecided

Between you and Dr Jonathan, you are the most effective buffoon! Despite your antics on NL, standing for everything and standing for nothing, your Buffoonery kept increasing in leaps and bound. I am surprised you are yet to Label Modath Ipob youth.

Modified: this is for Tonyebarcanista. Appologies.
Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2016
goonsmi:

I am not cool with the Economists use of word at all. for goodness sake they are suppose to be professional . imagine our own the punch tagging the queen a slutt, The nation calling Cameron an iddiot ? I have no issue with ordinary persons on the street abusing our leaders but its very unprofessional from an internationally acclaimed organization .
Bros, if a leader fail to respect himself, he'll be insulted by even the spirits and the gods. I sympathise with him but were they wrong?

Is the Queen into prostitution? If PM Cameroon act like an idiot, why not? Oga, anything is allowed in journalism as long as they aren't libelling you.
Re: Pdp 2019 by HzRF(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2016
kodded:
[s][/s]

undecided undecided

and you supported this "buffon" 9 months ago not so
undecided undecided

Why replying him...

He's the typical example of when stomach becomes brain

3 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2016
HzRF:

Why replying him...

He's the typical example of when stomach becomes brain
You can go to court if unsatisfied by my position angry
Re: Pdp 2019 by HzRF(m): 11:20am On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You can go to court if unsatisfied by my position angry
Can u pls face ur biz

I Never quote u

I don't do people who reason with their stomach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by nanalady(f): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2016
Tonye...u should have just kept quiet...u must not open a thread for every issue...
(no offence.. smiley)
Re: Pdp 2019 by shallomtr: 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
I have said it before and will continue to say it that tonye is a disgrace to the youths of this generation, if u know you have not sold your soul to apc, I challenge you create a thread criticizing all the negative policies of the apc government that is sinking this country more than the way they met it. SHAME UNTO U

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by Demdem(m): 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Yet fools will pounce on me when i call him a bastard. which one is worse?
Re: Pdp 2019 by Mcbussy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are people blowing hot air because a globally recognise and reputable medium(the Economist) tagged former president Goodluck Jonathan an ineffectual buffoon within the context of anti-corruption? Can we please for a few moment reflect our mind back to the statement of the Economist and tell ourselves whether or not it was true?

"The government(of Buhari) has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity."
(The Economist 28/01/2016)

No Insult Intended...
An ineffectual buffoon is simply someone with odd or ridiculous behaviour that doesn't produce desired effect or doesn't meet expectation

If we are to be fair, we won't call the ineffectual buffoon tag an insult on Jonathan especially when putting the war against corruption into context like the Economist did. That he carries a humble demeanour or conceded defeat does not erode the fact that he was ineffective in tackling corruption, though his concession of defeat is worth commendation. The truth must be said. In fact, many, even among those that claim to be his supporters and those from his Ijaw ethnic group have at one time or the other tagged the former president clueless. I sympathise with Jonathan but this is a cross that he should be prepare to bear.

He is Not The First To Be Called A Buffoon
Let me also state that former president Goodluck Jonathan is not the only person nor the first to be tagged a buffoon. When British MP Sir Keir Starmer said “that(Donald Trump's behaviour) is not buffoonery, that is absolutely repugnant”, Americans didn't spit fire, neither did Republicans spat fire when British MP Tom Tugendhat called Trump an insane.

Goodluck Jonathan's sympathisers and foot solders should understand that the former president belongs to the past just like his predecessors in office. His deeds and misdeeds as President Jonathan(not Mr. Jonathan) will always be talked about just like we keep talking about those of Shehu Shagari, Sani Abacha, Gen IBB, Maj Gen Buhari, Chief Obasanjo, late Yar'adua etc. Whether for good or for bad, he/they are being remembered by what they have done and what they failed to do- President Muhammadu Buhari won't be an exception when he leaves power.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

It's just sheer stewpeedity when u see our youths, even so many learned ones come here to start wailing and defending a former president whose first speech after leaving office was to blame his failure as a leader on bad advisers....mtcheewww.

Only in Nigeria, that u see people proud of displaying stewpeedity just for d sake of sentiments.

Buffoon!!!... I totally concur cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by zurine(f): 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
I sincerely wonder if this is the same Barcanista in the yesteryears. his reasoning and tone of language has really really changed. Quite amazing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by jmaine: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

[s]What's all these attacks on Tonyebarcanista? Segun Oni, Rotimi Amaechi, Kwankwaso etal said worse about ACN, CPC but today, where are they? For the fact, he now sees reason to ditch his formers stand (if there was any contrary to his new freelance stand ) shouldn't warrant you following him everywhere on his thread to attack him....Barcanista I have come to know, is very patriotic, albeit, too "emotional and impatient (which the IPOB Youth exploited and tried to cage him though unsuccessfully)! Meanwhile, Barcanista, has been pro anti corruption since I knew him on Nairaland. He has been vocal and resolute in championing the cause of stamping out corruption in Nigeria, even when he seemed to be on the side of the political divide. He has contributed a lot in deepening and enriching fruitful discussions on Nairaland and beyond. He Has his own shortcomings just lik everyone else but your recent attack on his person is uncalled for and well too IPOB Youthish..m [/s]

Kindly spare us the trash above . . . . When you were busy hacking him into bits just before the election and immediately after, you didn't have all this meaningless encomiums to shower on him.

2 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by jmaine: 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista . . . .You should be ashamed of yourself for penning this useless piece using references that don't even march up. . . . . Despite my indifference to your flip-flop attitude, I decided not to jump into the wagon of those who defended you relentlessly when your new friends were ripping into you like an army of ants dissecting an unfortunate and hapless creature thrown into her midst. Appears that decision was well in order considering how disappointed the likes of Whynothetruth are.

Your flip flopping stance is legendary . . . . Keep it up . . . .

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pdp 2019 by IVORY2009(m): 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Demdem:
Yet fools will pounce on me when i call him a bastard. which one is worse?

Have u seen wat same "Economist said about Buhari's govt as well.... grin
Re: Pdp 2019 by Demdem(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
IVORY2009:

Have u seen wat same "Economist said about Buhari's govt as well.... grin

Yes I have. And did u see me comment on such? I respect it FYI.
Re: Pdp 2019 by Viktor1983(m): 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
Tonyebarcanista immediately you wrote this sentence " globally recognise and reputable medium(the Economist)"
I knew where u where headed. I won't say anything, I'm on a siddon dey look mode.

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by gunuvi(m): 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Firefire:

Am quoting all for reference.

Barcanista, what is the meaning of this

I can tolerate every other abuse but not an abuse against the position of a President of a sovereign state like Nigeria, more so a Hero of democracy. (We are setting another precedence like the former opposition party, APC)

This your thread is ridiculous and your justification in support of 'the Economist' is rather unfortunate.

Why I respect your view(s), I don't expect such a thread from you, my friend.

I am highly disappointed. >sad

I am highly disappointed too and extremely surprised. Hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by justiz5(m): 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Why are people blowing hot air because a globally recognise and reputable medium(the Economist) tagged former president Goodluck Jonathan an ineffectual buffoon within the context of anti-corruption? Can we please for a few moment reflect our mind back to the statement of the Economist and tell ourselves whether or not it was true?

"The government(of Buhari) has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity."
Who can claim that corruption didn't flourish under Jonathan administration? What happened to Princess Stella Oduah and her N260million bullet-proof car scam? What happened to Alison Madueke that sold off NNPC jet meant for use of petroleum minister but allegedly spent a whopping N10billion of tax-payers' money on charter jet while the former President refused to probe the issue and even shielded her from house of representative probe in 2014? What happened to the Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, the former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team the recovered and re-looted billions of naira of our poor pensioners? What happened to Steven Orasanya the former head of service indicted for looting billions? What happened to the oil subsidy thieves, Alison Madueke and all those indicted by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu led Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force that was set-up by Jonathan's government in 2012? What happened to comrade Abba Moro, the former interior minister that sent young Nigerians to their early grave after fleecing each of them of their hard-earned N1000 in the name of immigration recruitment? How do we explain the fact that under Goodluck Jonathan, former governors from all parties took corruption to the zenith with ex-Gov Amaechi telling Nigerians that they steal because we don't stone them? What was his reaction? What happened to the $2.2billion cash for arms deal, and the re-looted Abacha $370million loot? Who gave Olisah Metuh N400 million? Didn't Jonathan agree that some cabals are taking advantage of subsidy (without bringing them to book)? Should we dismiss that also? Should we go on? Did corruption not thrive under Goodluck Jonathan's leadership at all level?

If we agree with the above then why should we fault the Economist when even Jonathan supporters agree that corruption thrived in the last administration even though they are quick to say "Buhari's men are not saints" (which of course is correct).

No Insult Intended...
An ineffectual buffoon is simply someone with odd or ridiculous behaviour that doesn't produce desired effect or doesn't meet expectation

If we are to be fair, we won't call the ineffectual buffoon tag an insult on Jonathan especially when putting the war against corruption into context like the Economist did. That he carries a humble demeanour or conceded defeat does not erode the fact that he was ineffective in tackling corruption, though his concession of defeat is worth commendation. The truth must be said. In fact, many, even among those that claim to be his supporters and those from his Ijaw ethnic group have at one time or the other tagged the former president clueless. I sympathise with Jonathan but this is a cross that he should be prepare to bear.

Let me also state that former president Goodluck Jonathan is not the only person nor the first to be tagged a buffoon. When British MP Sir Keir Starmer said “that(Donald Trump's behaviour) is not buffoonery, that is absolutely repugnant”, Americans didn't spit fire, neither did Republicans spat fire when British MP Tom Tugendhat called Trump an insane.

Goodluck Jonathan's sympathisers and foot solders should understand that the former president belongs to the past just like his predecessors in office. His deeds and misdeeds as President Jonathan(not Mr. Jonathan) will always be talked about just like we keep talking about those of Shehu Shagari, Sani Abacha, Gen IBB, Maj Gen Buhari, Chief Obasanjo, late Yar'adua etc. Whether for good or for bad, he/they are being remembered by what they have done and what they failed to do- President Muhammadu Buhari won't be an exception when he leaves power.

No the did not err, they only called a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
justiz5:

No the did not err, they only called a spade a spade
Whoever is not satisfied should go to court!

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by praxisnetworks: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

I'm of two minds...

1. I have that opinion myself..

2. It makes me feel some type of way that we had a leader so glaringly below par that "outsiders" could join in the name calling....

Black Leaders need to do right..
Duny?
Re: Pdp 2019 by praxisnetworks: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Whoever is not satisfied should go to court!
Ase ni maa ta e

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by Pataki: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
jmaine:
TonyeBarcanista . . . .You should be ashamed of yourself for penning this useless piece using references that don't even march up. . . . . Despite my indifference to your flip-flop attitude, I decided not to jump into the wagon of those who defended you relentlessly when your new friends were ripping into you like an army of ants dissecting an unfortunate and hapless creature thrown into her midst. Appears that decision was well in order considering how disappointed the likes of Whynothetruth are.

Your flip flopping stance is legendary . . . . Keep it up . . . .

LOL! As e dey hot oh. cheesy First time ever I would like your post on the Politics section. Miracles do happen. shocked
Re: Pdp 2019 by jmaine: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pataki:

LOL! As e dey hot oh. cheesy First time ever I would like your post on the Politics section. Miracles do happen. shocked

LOlz . . . .Abeg leave matter abeg grin . . . . The dude is so shameless, he defies all reasonable explanation to be regarded as a grown up.

Damn !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pdp 2019 by momentoftruth: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Who can claim that corruption didn't flourish under Jonathan administration? What happened to Princess Stella Oduah and her N260million bullet-proof car scam? What happened to Alison Madueke that sold off NNPC jet meant for use of petroleum minister but allegedly spent a whopping N10billion of tax-payers' money on charter jet while the former President refused to probe the issue and even shielded her from house of representative probe in 2014? What happened to the Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, the former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team the recovered and re-looted billions of naira of our poor pensioners? What happened to Steven Orasanya the former head of service indicted for looting billions? What happened to the oil subsidy thieves, Alison Madueke and all those indicted by Mallam Nuhu Ribadu led Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force that was set-up by Jonathan's government in 2012? What happened to comrade Abba Moro, the former interior minister that sent young Nigerians to their early grave after fleecing each of them of their hard-earned N1000 in the name of immigration recruitment? How do we explain the fact that under Goodluck Jonathan, former governors from all parties took corruption to the zenith with ex-Gov Amaechi telling Nigerians that they steal because we don't stone them? What was his reaction? What happened to the $2.2billion cash for arms deal, and the re-looted Abacha $370million loot? Who gave Olisah Metuh N400 million? Didn't Jonathan agree that some cabals are taking advantage of subsidy (without bringing them to book)? Should we dismiss that also? Should we go on? Did corruption not thrive under Goodluck Jonathan's leadership at all level?

If we agree with the above then why should we fault the Economist when even Jonathan supporters agree that corruption thrived in the last administration even though they are quick to say "Buhari's men are not saints" (which of course is correct).

No Insult Intended...

youare a disgrace for trying to justify rubbish, get use your talent with wisdom else it will hunt you one day, # AISHA cassava eater

1 Like

Re: Pdp 2019 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

I can tolerate every other abuse but not an abuse against the position of a President of a sovereign state like Nigeria, more so a Hero of democracy. (We are setting another precedence like the former opposition party, APC)

This your thread is ridiculous and your justification in support of 'the Economist' is rather unfortunate.

I am highly disappointed. angry

I didn't see this one. Our friend has lost it

2 Likes

Re: Pdp 2019 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
joseph1832:
Can you provide evidence as regard the emboldened?

I believe now, we're now seeing that the same stuff you accuse some set of people of, was done by the set of people you support, at least you of all people know what is happening in the country now.

So Mr. Man, how can you be so double minded and double standard?
why are you all over this guy like this even though he has crossed to your side of the divide.

We advise you to keep him and make him merry
Re: Pdp 2019 by joseph1832(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
why are you all over this guy like this even though he has crossed to your side of the divide.

We advise you to keep him and make him merry
Side? Why side? Which or whatever side you believe I'm in is only a figment of your imagination.
Re: Pdp 2019 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
tongue
joseph1832:
Side? Why side? Which or whatever side you believe I'm in is only a figment of your imagination.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pdp 2019 by yommys01(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Firefire:

I am highly disappointed. angry

The hypocrisy in the bold is alarming.
Re: Pdp 2019 by yommys01(m): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
joseph1832:
To take the OP as he is means I've decided to support political prostitution and all manner of tribal, religious and ethnic sentiment, and that's something I'll never do, never!.
You always win my respect. Even in the sports section and this is despite our contradicting religious belief.

Keep it up mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Now There Is Adequate Power Supply In Nigeria And Nobody Is Talking? / Turkey Diplomat Imported Weapons Into Nigeria For Ipob / Digital Literacy: FG To Facilitate Exchange Program For Professional Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.