Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc (57680 Views)

Neither Senate Nor DSS Can Stop My Fight Against Corruption — Magu / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / We Are Winning War Against Boko Haram‎ – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Henovy: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2016
TippyTop:

See why I said this topic may be beyond your skill-set?

Why is anyone against Buhari thought of as either Igbo or IPOB?

Am a SS who detest Buhari, there're millions like me in the SS.
Results for Bayelsa should have warned people of ya type that the SS is PDP.
Please stop this generalization! Is Edo state a PDP state? It's a matter of time before other states in the SS will leave this good for nothing PDP.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 7:36am On Jan 30, 2016
mcee1:
Yes. It won't still stop us ruling over ur sorry ass
Your people have been in power for about 40 years still your region is the most backwards in Nigeria. Illiteracy is highest in the North, people with disabilities is highest in the North. poverty is still consuming the North. majority of beggars in Nigeria are from North.

Now tell me WHO IS ACTUALLY RULING WHO?

70% of NORTHERN youths cannot read and write. You should be burying your head in shame.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Henovy: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2016
Reyginus:
Who has been jailed?
Haba! Trial is on going now. By the way, have of heard of uncle Koro's involvement in the yam eating. No wonder he said he is taking a break to go to school. School ko, post graduate ni.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by smicc: 7:38am On Jan 30, 2016
Nigerians should know that the several awards being given to GEJ is not for his outstanding performance during his 6-year reign but for his ability to concede defeat and hand over power successfully to an opposition peacefully,which I believe it's worth it.

justiz5:

-----------------------------:::::::::::'''''''''''''========**************"""""""((())))"""(((())))******++++====::::::---------'''''''''::::::::::::

CHAAAAAIIIIIIIII****

"receive sense for freee" no insults intended....''''''+++++=====*****((()))"""111222333**+==;:::::
[size=14pt]Crap! Crap!! Crap!!!.

What a selfish thinking.........
[/size]
What positive economic and live changing impacts have those foolish awards of GED, brought to the lives of the ordinary Nigerians Unless wide spread corruption and cheap looting and raping of the treasury. He succeeded crippling the Nigerian economy with his corrupt team, why Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the leader.

These where not what Nigerians voted him for. Or did you vote him to go and win awards

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Henovy: 7:44am On Jan 30, 2016
grandstar:

The war against corruptions strike me as s flash in the pan. Once Buhari is gone, the status quo will return is the fear of many. That is what happened after OBJ departed. The war screeched to a halt.

To win the war against corruption, Buhari must build strong institutions that will outlive him. Is he doing that? Everything revolves around Buharis body language.

He must also deregulate the economy further. He must deregulate the price of petrol and diesel and not just remove subsudies. The existence of subsidies can not be divorced from abuse said a 19th century economist
No sir, everthing does not revolve around PMB body language. He just sent a bill to the NASS, so he is building institutions that will out live him. Suppose he has a no nonsense person as successor, won't the fight be sustained?
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 30, 2016
You are a fool. Northern slave..of course,your masters did well for this country. 40 years under their rule,we have witnessed great improvement until Jonathan came in and destroyed it in 6years. Buffon.

Ioannes:

if truly you are from the south south shame on you sir.

6 good years and your son could not do what a fulani did within weeks of his administration.

you'd better read and educate yourself.

https://www.naij.com/509691-president-buhari-orders-clean-ogoniland.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2016
You dey mind the zombies....
TippyTop:

Did you jump in the lagoon when GEJ was president? You should have,
you would have saved yourself this hand wringing angst.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2016
Thank God the mess called Edo state is not even under PDP....lol
Your roads na American wonder. Oshiomole is really working.smh

Henovy:

Please stop this generalization! Is Edo state a PDP state? It's a matter of time before other states in the SS will leave this good for nothing PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by grandstar(m): 8:32am On Jan 30, 2016
Henovy:

No sir, everthing does not revolve around PMB body language. He just sent a bill to the NASS, so he is building institutions that will out live him. Suppose he has a no nonsense person as successor, won't the fight be sustained?

Good to hear that.Nice.

However one thing is to have a law, another is to follow it.

Buharis mishandling of the economy will cost him a second term. The perpatually plunging naira will be his waterloo.

The naira is heading to 400 this year and people are beginning to seeth.

I am apolitical but had a soft spot for him. His horrid economic policies is ruining the economy.

Soludo and Sanusi have both condemned them.

The economy will decide whether he will win a second term. From the present outlook, I doubt he will win even the nomination of his party.

Endorsing someone may be a good thing. However, the last time it happened, a man called OBJ was stabbed in the back by his successor

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by nothingspoil70: 8:35am On Jan 30, 2016
Nigerias name can not be included because it is not all parts of Nigeria that is fighting corruption.our brothers in the southeast see it as a witch hunt or persecution anytime someone from their region is called in by the efcc to answer questions

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by loshybab(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2016
ngoziama:

When I said the world was watching our anti-graft war, some people thought I was joking.senegal and ghana selected amongst all our noise. The international community knows that the opposition is the mostly targeted in nigerias fight against corruption and that has simply rubbished it.
Why wont d'opposition be d'most targeted wen dey've bn in power nd mismanaged our finances for good solid 16yrs.
And for those asking who has bn jailed for d'corruptn fight so far,i'll rather prefer d'administratn probe them lyk it's'doin now,recoup d'embezzled money as much as dey can than not recoupin any nd sending victims to jail,wen they knw dey cn work their way out wen a new govt tkes over in d'next few years.besides,it wl be tagged as being personal and an utter witchhunt.
Dont forget olisah metuh jst paid d N400m bail. Although,d. END justifies the means,lets wait till d'end of ds administratn bfor judgin....LONG LIVE MY COUNTRY;NIGERIA
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Osakah24(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2016
mcee1:
Yes. It won't still stop us ruling over ur sorry ass
"stop us" you and who be us? U think say every Hausa na alhaji? .bubu will never know you o.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2016
Henovy:

Haba! Trial is on going now. By the way, have of heard of uncle Koro's involvement in the yam eating. No wonder he said he is taking a break to go to school. School ko, post graduate ni.
So is trial enough to say you are winning the war against corruption?
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by RELEASEUS: 9:38am On Jan 30, 2016
grandstar:

The war against corruptions strike me as s flash in the pan. Once Buhari is gone, the status quo will return is the fear of many. That is what happened after OBJ departed. The war screeched to a halt.

To win the war against corruption, Buhari must build strong institutions that will outlive him. Is he doing that? Everything revolves around Buharis body language.

He must also deregulate the economy further. He must deregulate the price of petrol and diesel and not just remove subsudies. The existence of subsidies can not be divorced from abuse said a 19th century economist
Are you buy any chance exonorating OBJ of corruption? Because I will be very surprised.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by grandstar(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2016
RELEASEUS:
Are you buy any chance exonorating OBJ of corruption? Because I will be very surprised.

No. But he did start a war against it.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Reference(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2016
Clear and concise statement that, 'they are just wasting their time'. And that the 'fight against corruption' should be exactly that and not a fight against your adversaries. Overall I think they are looking at strong institutional framework not mobile phone governance.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Henovy: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2016
Reyginus:
So is trial enough to say you are winning the war against corruption?
Ehen, there must be trial before conviction. The fact of trial is the begining of the war unlike my brother who will look the other way when the loothing is going on.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by aubventure: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2016
justiz5:

-----------------------------:::::::::::'''''''''''''========**************"""""""((())))"""(((())))******++++====::::::---------'''''''''::::::::::::

CHAAAAAIIIIIIIII****

"receive sense for freee" no insults intended....''''''+++++=====*****((()))"""111222333**+==;:::::
[size=14pt]Crap! Crap!! Crap!!!.

What a selfish thinking.........
[/size]
What positive economic and live changing impacts have those foolish awards of GED, brought to the lives of the ordinary Nigerians Unless wide spread corruption and cheap looting and raping of the treasury. He succeeded crippling the Nigerian economy with his corrupt team, why Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the leader.

These where not what Nigerians voted him for. Or did you vote him to go and win awards
House boy better work for self and stop complaining about people you know can never be found in your lineage free this guy. he is in our past talk about the present.if you know you don't have money because of this guy go hang yourself and die. leave trash for Lawma
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by kellykoncept(m): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2016
undecided :PMayb buhari will still be the president for ur own Nigeria till 2023 but not my own Nigeria. #for those who say PMB will still be the president till 2023.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Umunede(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2016
KINGwax007:
This BBC na joke....ask any Ghanian, the corruption scale is off the roof!

Things are worst...they jes want the president out!
don't compare Nigeria and Ghana. Their President is working. I am a Nigerian living and working in Ghana. Earlier in 2015, Ghana was having serious power problem but their President promised to tackle it at the end of 2015. Since I came back from Nigeria for Christmas till today 30th January, they have never taken light. Light 24/7.The man is working and you can see the evidence clearly on ground. Pls don't compare President Manama of Ghana and President Buhari of Nigeria. One is working while one is junketing the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2016
peppyluv02:
You are a fool. Northern slave..of course,your masters did well for this country. 40 years under their rule,we have witnessed great improvement until Jonathan came in and destroyed it in 6years. Buffon.

what is this one saying now? na by force to quote me?

you may need to look in the mirror to see who the fool is. just read your post again.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Meriekriss:

How many months now since the so called order was made.. Has any more for the cleaning begun??

and have you bothered to find out what is delaying the clean up? no. you just prefer to sit in your comfy chair and type what comes to mind.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2016
softRay:

Pls show me sumthing reasonable that ur fulani man has achieved.. Oh i know one,, world best tourist president..... U call GEJ a failure, yet d man is being celebrated around d globe....

you want me to educate you, but I won't because it is not my job to. educate yourself.

I can only point you in the right direction.

take a good, long and impartial view at the Jonathan's 6years of misrule and another critical look at the 6months rule of Buhari and get back to me.

you may need to take off your favorite ethnic and tribal glasses so that you can see well.

thank me later.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 30, 2016
ocelot2006:

And what did the Fulani man do apart from WRECK the economy and FAILED to sustain successes from previous administration?

Oh btw im also SS and i'm damn proud of our SS son who recorded great successes in Power, the economy, agriculture, electoral reforms, energy, water resources, transport infrastructure, health, education, even defence & security, etc. Tell your fulani Dullardino and co to book a class with him on Good Governance.

ehya. you are still living in denial. Pele.

I understand that being drunk early in the morning is a normal ritual in the ss, but it is a foolish thing to do when you are the president of a nation.

only a drunkard would be proud of another drunkard.

but you won't understand since you have never left your village.

am sorry to rain on your parade but your son is a drunkard, but then I guess you know that already since its a cultural norm with you people.

I am not going to argue with you about who did or didn't wreck the economy. most of you didn't even finish secondary school or if you did you are just blinded by pure ethnicity and religiosity, so I won't bother, it would be a waste if my time.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 30, 2016
mcee1:
Did u SAW me wail and frustrated my life when GEJ was in power I am not a sadist and frustrated fellow like you. grin
Which one is SAW again?
Illiterate spotted!
I'll show this to BUBU.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 30, 2016
vfactor:

Kai! I laugh in gokana language. Ask the ogoni people if they've seen anything yet. Its easy to give orders, the implentation is the wahala.

I'm glad you know that the implementation is the wahala.

ask yourself sincerely, what efforts did Jonathan make in the clean up of ogoni land?

he was too busy being drunk.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 30, 2016
carinmom:
Op, don't worry and stop wailing, we shall get there soon with Bubu as the helmsman. If you are truly patriotic shouldn't you have rejoiced over the fact that we were not in the list of the first 10 most corrupt countries , when was the last time that happened in the history of our country
O boy, park well.
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Meriekriss: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Ioannes:

and have you bothered to find out what is delaying the clean up? no. you just prefer to sit in your comfy chair and type what comes to mind.

Oh something is now delaying it?? Why not wait till they start the clean up before you start adding that has his achievement... We have seen FG made announcements that never came to past ... A govt that can deny their own campaign promised can as well decide not to carry out such announcement.. So chill they start the clean up..

1 Like

Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Henovy:

Ehen, there must be trial before conviction. The fact of trial is the begining of the war unlike my brother who will look the other way when the loothing is going on.
So in essence the will to convict is equal to winning the war against corruption? For example I want to build a house and because I'm collecting the materials I've already built the house? And in the count for people with houses I should be mentioned?
Re: Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 30, 2016
bokohalal:
Transparency International is being mischievous or downright ignorant of the war against corruption in Nigeria. No African country has taken on corruption headlong as Nigeria. The mind-boggling amount mentioned is more than the GDP of the named countries.
Do you imagine that BUBU can pull the wool over their eyes?
Sorry for you.
With this anti corruption shenanigans?
BUBU could have fooled everyone!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gbenga Obasanjo Reported Killed In The Plane Clash / Meet The Five Judges Who Will Decide Tinubu’s, Atiku’s, Obi’s Fate / INEC Releases Statistics Of PVC Collected In All 36 States And FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.