Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy (14778 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by igboboy3(m): 12:32am On Jan 30, 2016
1wolex85:
there is still no conclusive proof tolu ogunlesi wrote that article

Tolu Ogunlesi wrote the article. This world is a very small place. People always find out. The same way Reno Omokri was exposed as Wendell Simlin is the same way Tolu Ogunlesi has been exposed here. In the West, these things are easy.
He has also not denied his authorship of the article. If he does, Ayedee, SR and co will hunt down/pay for evidence and paint him as a liar.
Ogunlesi wrote the article

3 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 30, 2016
Is that enough proof?

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Sunnycliff(m): 12:34am On Jan 30, 2016
You can only get to the Presidency by Deciet but stirring the wheels of this nation is more than deciet. #shameless zombies

3 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by folahann(m): 12:38am On Jan 30, 2016
Admit it that GEJ is an Ineffectual Buffoon and move on with your life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by 1wolex85: 12:46am On Jan 30, 2016
igboboy3:

Tolu Ogunlesi wrote the article. This world is a very small place. People always find out. The same way Reno Omokri was exposed as Wendell Simlin is the same way Tolu Ogunlesi has been exposed here. In the West, these things are easy.
He has also not denied his authorship of the article. If he does, Ayedee, SR and co will hunt down/pay for evidence and paint him as a liar.
Ogunlesi wrote the article
I don't think you understand what I wrote. I do not know if Tolu wrote it or not,what I am saying is that his accusers haven't presented any premise to come to that conclusion. secondly, you can't say the assertion is correct because he has not denied, the burden of proof is on the accuser. If I say igboboy3 is a thief, then I have to prove that statement is correct, the burden of proof is on me not you!

updated

igboboy3, Tolu has responded. Please tell your fellow accusers that it is now time to get the proof since you claim he needs to deny first before the accusers can get proof.

4 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by dexterinc2003: 12:49am On Jan 30, 2016
All of you waiting for tolu to admit that he wrote the article....we will also get back to your at the right time...just like the INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON!!! Awon wailers...this 1 dey pain pass wailers sef...

4 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by igboboy3(m): 12:52am On Jan 30, 2016
1wolex85:

I don't think you understand what I wrote. I do not know if Tolu wrote it or not,what I am saying is that his accusers haven't presented any premise to come to that conclusion. secondly, you can't say the assertion is correct because he has not denied, the burden of proof is on the accuser. If I say igboboy3 is a thief, then I have to prove that statement is correct, the burden of proof is on me not you!

While I agree that you have to provide evidence to establish guilt, in this case, things are different. They have at least established probable cause. There is no smoke without fire.
If Mr.A says igboboy3 is a thief and Mr. B says igboboy3 is a thief and igboboy3 just looks on morosely then silence may be taken to as acquiescence.

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by 1wolex85: 1:03am On Jan 30, 2016
igboboy3:

While I agree that you have to provide evidence to establish guilt, in this case, things are different. They have at least established probable cause. There is no smoke without fire.
If Mr.A says igboboy3 is a thief and Mr. B says igboboy3 is a thief and igboboy3 just looks on morosely then silence may be taken to as acquiescence.

Then you also have to look at the antecedents of Mr A and Mr B, are the credible witnesses?Do they have cause to be biased against the accused? There are many reasons why Tolu may not have spoken, he can't run away from twitter, he will finally speak but why vilify a man when you can't prove what you have accused him of? It doesn't seem fair to me and I don't see why his accusers can't pay for evidence now but rather have to wait till he denies it. The way it is now, Tolu can very well say he didn't write that article even if he did.

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by mmsen: 1:29am On Jan 30, 2016
MalcoImX:
But did you see Ogunlesi's name on the Economist's article?

The Economist have a policy whereby they do not usually state the author's name.

They present their articles as a collective/collaborative effort.

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by ayindejimmy(m): 1:43am On Jan 30, 2016
ochejoseph:
‎The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's attempts to wail by Proxy 

When the Economist Published their scathing article using derogatory words on former President Goodluck Jonathan and describing Gen Buhari as a fellow who seems not to have learnt anything in 30 years many argued that the article was the hand work of a Nigerian and not a foreign journalists , true to their assertion insiders within the Economist have indeed confirmed that Tolu Ogunlesi actually wrote the article.
You can read the exclusive report from Signalng here

http://www.signalng.com/exclusive-tolu-ogunlesi-wrote-the-economist-article-calling-gej-an-ineffectual-buffoon/

Tolu had always used every opportunity available to him to cast aspersions on the President Goodluck Jonathan no matter the occasion, Few days ago After GEJ was Honoured in Geneva, Tolu rushed to tweet thus ;

"Claiming I built Schools as an achievement while you allowed BH operate unchallenged & Sucurocrats looted defence funds",

Screen Shot Below  

Checks on Tolu's  Profile shows that he has tweeted multiple tweets every single day for the past one week, then he suddenly stopped tweeting at exactly the time the news was broken and has not returned to tweeter for the past 23 hrs (See Screen shot) 

In one of his tweets Tolu Wrote ; all these Minnions on my TL vexing that the I called GEJ a Fisherman's Son - where is. The Insult there? Jesus no be carpenter pikin ( See Screen Shot Below) 

On another Tweet he referred to Reno Omokri as a Low life, 

( see Screen shot Below) 

Tolu has no regards whatsoever for anybody,  he tweets without thinking and his choice of words are always predictable, insultive  and without message any edification whatsoever.

There is simply no need masquerading as a Bubu ally in the day and calling him a block head behind the scenes at  night ,  the last time I checked admissions into the  wailing wailers club is still open and Tolu can still apply but rubbishing Jesus on his TL is simply crossing the line 

May God continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians
‎‎

www.twitter.com/renoomokri

www.twitter.com/toluogunlesi

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by ba7man(m): 1:50am On Jan 30, 2016
I don't need Tolu ogulesi or anyone to tell me GEJ was and Is an ineffective buffoon............... I already know. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by vicadex07(m): 1:54am On Jan 30, 2016
1wolex85:

Then you also have to look at the antecedents of Mr A and Mr B, are the credible witnesses?Do they have cause to be biased against the accused? There are many reasons why Tolu may not have spoken, he can't run away from twitter, he will finally speak but why vilify a man when you can't prove what you have accused him of? It doesn't seem fair to me and I don't see why his accusers can't pay for evidence now but rather have to wait till he denies it. The way it is now, Tolu can very well say he didn't write that article even if he did.

Bros shey na law you read? See as you dealt with that guy...damn!

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Ishilove: 1:57am On Jan 30, 2016
ba7man:
I don't need Tolu ogulesi or anyone to tell me GEJ was and Is an ineffective buffoon............... I already know. undecided
You're calling someborry's daddy a buffoon? sad
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by ba7man(m): 2:05am On Jan 30, 2016
Ishilove:

You're calling someborry's daddy a buffoon? sad
Buffoons aren't impotent, you know............. they just seek out fellow female buffoons and mate.

Look at Patience Jonathan for example.

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Ishilove: 2:08am On Jan 30, 2016
ba7man:
Buffoons aren't impotent, you know............. they just seek out fellow female buffoons and mate.

This is cold

4 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by dexterinc2003: 3:00am On Jan 30, 2016
ba7man:

Based on your logic, in order words,the kids also have no choice but to inherit the buffoon genes.... grin
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by ba7man(m): 3:01am On Jan 30, 2016
dexterinc2003:
Based on your logic, in order words,the kids also have no choice than to inherit the buffoon genes....
lets not go that far. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by grandstar(m): 3:12am On Jan 30, 2016
MalcoImX:
But did you see Ogunlesi's name on the Economist's article?

The Economist never publishes the names of its writers.

The Economist has been to light on Buharis economic policies and this has surprised me. They normally are not mild when it comes to tearing down bad economic policies.

The Financial Times. a sister publication called these policies the height of foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by ngoziama: 3:17am On Jan 30, 2016
focus7:
Op what is wrong in the tweets you showed us, are all his views about Jonathan not correct or what so paining you about this? I can see your effort to incite people against Tolu because of that clueless buffoon and I must tell you it will not work. I have said it before and I say it again that anybody supporting Jonathan may God run his/her life the way Jonathan ran Nigeria! I wait for you to say amen to that. Hypocrite you claiming that Tolu had no respect for anybody by insulting that commander in chief of corruption, just imagine the phrase you used for the sitting president "bubu", is that a compliment? Considering the many derogatory things your like has said about Buhari here on NL, I can only describe you as pot calling kettle black. Before I conclude, you want respect for Jonathan really? I guess you do not know about the guiding rule of respect which says that respect is earned and not enforced. What has Jonathan done to earn him respect from Nigerians, is it that he aided and abated corruption practices, that he went to occasion dancing when some Nigerian were just bombed by boko haram, the he gave us fake projects that could not stand the test of time like outdated trains that began to slipped of the rail and the so much noise airports rehabilitation that gulped so much billions that is delapitating just less than a year after he was removed or that he made mockery of our electoral system by making 16 to be greater than 19 and also engaging the military to rig states election in favour of his party or that he applauded his tug of a governor for beating up a law court judge or that he went about harassing the opposition and hounding their leaders, is it the fact that he clamp down on the newspapers, distabilised the house rep and River state government or that he allowed boko haram turned to a monster or that he allowed his wife turned to mockery? Jonathan does deserve any respect not from someone like me, Jonathan is poo, I spit on him.

Oh my gawd! Your hatred for gej can cause you a heart failure. Who taught the people how to insult that exalted office. The opposition of course.Despite all your insults, gej never clamped down on opposition for one day.I bet you that by 2019, you would be looking for how to eat the poo you spat on.imagine a father and grandfather is who you have called a poo and spat.May spitting be your portion till you do it even on your generation.As for tolu ogunlesi, if the stories making round waves is true then useless is a better word for him andd for using Jesus to justify his idiotic attitude, may that carpenters son depart from him and his.He just crossed the rubicon by using that example .Watch how fatal his end shall be.you may mock gej but not Jesus.i really feel sorry for you all because the hate in your blood is even more than that in the devil.Poo spitter keep spitting

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by HiddenShadow: 3:28am On Jan 30, 2016
Wailing form is finished
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by jmaine: 4:12am On Jan 30, 2016
Edited . . . . .
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 30, 2016
vigasimple:

Buhari is not a leader but a ruler.

Change...

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by IAmNotYourMate: 5:07am On Jan 30, 2016
Ive been following tolu for yes now and I love his writing. so I'll wait for him 2come online and defend himself. if truly he is behind d article. very bad. very poor journalism. as much as I dnt like Jonathan I wouldn't call him an ineffectual buffoon in international media. the guy had some achievements. the writer of that article is the ineffectual buffoon

3 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by IAmNotYourMate: 5:07am On Jan 30, 2016
Ive been following tolu for years now and I love his writing. so I'll wait for him 2come online and defend himself. if truly he is behind d article. very bad. very poor journalism. as much as I dnt like Jonathan I wouldn't call him an ineffectual buffoon on international media. the guy had some achievements. the writer of that article is the ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by opribo(m): 5:32am On Jan 30, 2016
Why can't Nigerians have a good heart for once, does it matter what someone's father was as far as he gave his son or daughter a good education. The important thing is that we are better off in life than our tathers.
I know a guy who's father was a security guard and they lived in the slums of Ajegunle. Today the guy is working in a very large oil company and he has built house in Lekki and relocated his parents from Ajegunle

So when people refer to what someone's father or mother was I see them as low life that needs help. Fisherman or no fisherman GEJ has attained the highest office in the land whether through providence or hardwork something his critics like Tolu may never get throughout their life. GEJ is still alive today with every member of his family he went with into aso rock a feat not many who went in there achieved.

On the issue of boko I recall some people in power today benefited from this boko issue by turning it into a campaign too. I still recall the statement on attack on boko haram being an attack on the north. Nigerians should be objective enough to know that the real story behind boko haram will never be complete until when the real masquerades yes the real supporters, and sponsors of the deadly sect are revealed. Those who allowed innocent children to write exams against WAEC warnings.
Those who said that the girls will be found in the fullness of time and what does fullness of time mean please. Those who campaigned that they will bring back our girls when voted into power. The list is endless but like I've always said that which man cannot see, God will see and if indeed HE is up there watching over everything surely in the fullness of time all the hidden things about the true reasons why a northerner sitting atop defence will rather watch his own slaughtered rather than buy defence hardware.

4 Likes

Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 30, 2016
Wailing ineffectual buffoons on nairaland again
You guys can go and hug the closest electricity transformer
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by Sodiumdawg: 6:03am On Jan 30, 2016
The Economist took responsibility when they published the piece.

This post is, in itself, ineffectual buffoonery.

Has the Economist come out to retract their words or apologise?

Forget who wrote the article.

We only came to be aware of the article's existence because it was published!

Gerrit?
Re: The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy by banio: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2016
Which article pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herdsmen, Farmers Clash: Buhari Deploys Troops To Restive Communities / Buhari With Presidents Of Benin, Chad, Niger At His Book Launch / FG Secures 13% Derivation Mining Revenue For States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.