Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme (54410 Views)

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada / Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by mamajohn(f): 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
dearpiriye:
it depends on the poly. I know of a poly that uses 5points so he is right.
this is NBTE approved and accepted gradings, I don't know that some polytechnics operates their own grading system. In that case, 4.10 will be an upper, he will. be admitted to 200 level in the university
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Xmen149(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Coperate organisations dnt look at ur papers,rather what can you do for us..all those discrimination are govt parastatal where developement is almost insignificant..,.you can also get bsc after hnd by direct entry or do pgd then master's...which ever,get involved with jobs before graduation(dnt gv attention too much on the pay),then do some certification programs so that after ur nysc you will be iresistable to any coy

My lil cuz was doing Hnd and hz mates were making fun of him cos they were in uni.I Gave him heads up.,he got a job with a production firm that pays him aroun 20k(the parents dnt knw an where stil paying hz fees),he saved,did professional courses,graduated and worked his service bk to continue with work,1 year after service he got another job wt Hnd beating those with Bsc who even graduated years b4 him, with almost 4yrs xperience and certfications on hz Cv and is a biger boy now doing hz pgd..

Lesson,develope ur self while you are in school,.fighting over bsc & hnd wount help you,else one family senator don arrange job for u keep b4 u where born..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Ay04z(m): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
u make my day....
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by HALOGENKAB(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
If you have few minutes to stay online, you can complete some task online and get paid at
http://dollarcell.com/?ref=67382
I just earned. Please share, someone may need this. Thanks
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Kingtim(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
mamajohn:
yes now, direct entry to 200 level provided the candidate makes upper credit, however, I learnt that some state/ private universities admits lower credit candidates
yes ma! .... And i read sci. lab. tech. as a course. I made upper credits. I'm only curious because the op said u can't change courses. So i can use my s.l.t to study chem. Eng. In the uni shey?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Niceman4u(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
saxywale:

I don't think it should be phased out. Then we would have shortage of mid-level skilled man power in Nigeria. As usual, companies like P&G, Nigeria breweries, Mobil e.t.c would then need to bring philipinos, chinese e.t.c for technical jobs that an ond or hnd grad would have easily been able to do.
There are also still people out there that prefers hands-on learning to theoretical learning. The solution is that people should go for what interests them, and not thinking of hnd as a 2nd option after failing uni jamb.

I can't imagine a country like Canada surviving without their polytechnics and colleges.

poly"technics" - Technical college (Hands on learning)
Universities - Theoretical (research and analysis)

Honestly, I would nt want the HND program to be phased out, middle-level skill wil die if dat happens. I said its being phased out because the federal government has no plans for dem. Does FG consider polytechnics in its scheme of tins?
Third world countries lik Nigeria shud always encourage polytechnics because of d practical knowledge they bring.
Infact the practical knowledge I offer in my place of work was acquired from polytechnic.
I went to Universirty to just prove a point nd am happy I got it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Wumine(f): 5:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
PLEASE go for BSC and not HND! BSc will give you 200L after OND while its either 200L or 300L after HND. Why waste your time when there is serious discrimination when it comes to Job (at least i know that about the FG/public sector); except of course your are in the ENGINEERING field, i think they fare better than others.

This is coming from a discriminated HND holder (now with Bsc) believe me, till there is equality in the certificate, plsss go for BSc
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by firstking01(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
ladyF:
lol ayam in ALL sections grin
you be spirit grin
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by queencalipso(f): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
wajaja:
U dnt need transcript if it is the same school u did ur ND. There are so many coys who employ only HND, dnt think that what u are doing is not good enough..I just got a job in. Multinational company with gud salary and I am an HND holder.
exactly my friend am a HND graduate with upper credit I finished my nysc four months ago and I got a job as a quality control manager in a food processing company four days after my pop there were lots of university graduates yet I was chosen. so if God is by your side he is by your side whether HND or Bsc. I wasted three years of my life waiting for university where as if I had gone to poly by now I would have become an MSC holder all the same sha nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Armstrong34(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
it's not so strong in d engineering section cos engineering is more practical in it's discipline unlike d banking n finance n Masscom OND or HND holder
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by princeBlack77(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
wink
FuckTheMod:

Guy calm down grin grin grin

some of your seniors with 4.35 still dey house since 2013 grin grin grin
why your blood con dey hot?
with all that computer knowledge
FuckTheMod:

Guy calm down grin grin grin

some of your seniors with 4.35 still dey house since 2013 grin grin grin
why your blood con dey hot?
with all that computer knowledge
I think he will hammer one hand with yahoo or blogging or maybe combine the both and start leaving large like me
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tosyne2much(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lizabeth25:
What's the point going for HND when it's not equivalent to BSC?

To me, it's a waste of time. Why not get a Direct Entry instead
Learn not to discriminate against other people. Don't be a dream killer with your comment

oooh it's a waste of time? Only if you know how many people you must have discouraged with your comment
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tosyne2much(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Dozzybest:
People wey get Bsc never see job na HND go come get.Its well with us in this country
Sir, you are myopic in reasoning sir. What do you have to say about people who have no Bsc nor HND yet they are rolling in millions ?

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Funkybabee(f): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
tankoy:

HND holder is always a step lower in rank than Bsc holder

i know, nah dem sabi even uni students can't say i lie
still prefer them
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Judeblade24(m): 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
U are absolutely spot on......nice one
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
Abeg hnd or bsc our destiny will speak for us|i wnt to b like buhari dt was acuse of nt aving SSC nd today is president|

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tosyne2much(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
But wait ooooo !! This is just to pass across relevant information to the polytechnic students, so what's the morale of the argumentative scenes caused by these jobless people?

When uneducated people are out there making money, some dumb skull are here claiming HND olders are inferior to them.

Now I believe in the saying, many are educated but only a fairly few of them are really intelligent

Last bullet : I can bet my life on it that the larger percent of those belittling other people's entity just to uplift theirs are JOBLESS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Naturallyme: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mixty:

Next time learn to read before posting. The MB you used in typing this long b**shiit would have been used for better purposes if you had just spared a few mins to read through the OP's post.
Don't be like that fool called brainless sagamite who types all kinds of gibberish meaningless to everyone.

You are just a frustrated human being. Sorry hen. You know these vocabularies and you are still a street orchin. Honestly you need deliverance because ur stupidity will never allow you discover opportunities even if you eventually get one after 2020. If I want to use 1 Tb on Internet today, I have the money to do and alson share with you. Personalised Monkey, send me ur acct number , I guess poverty is eating deep into ur brain. Honestly I can help you if ur stupity will make give you some humility. Bingo!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by JakesEmbassy: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
instead of lamenting about your certificate, i will encourage you to get relevant skill and competence, there are several job opportunities out there for those with the right attitude not minding their qualification.

also, with your HND, instead of going back to 300 level, i will advise you to use your HND t apply for Masters degree abroad. There are several universities around the world that offers masters degree admission to HND holders without having to do PGD. Incase you need such assistance, i can assist you with the relevant information needed to advance your career. Thank you

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Gimmy(m): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] Presently in HND1 Mass Communification Department,Lagos state polytechnic. It was last week Friday I finished doing tutorial for Kunle and his colleagues on the course titled 'Book Publishing' in Unilag. I don't know how they come across speaking good English but,retarded brainz. Pls ladies and gentle men,it's not where you schooled that matters but,how you were able to schooled yourself. Check my signature.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by phemmyutd(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
I just pity most jobless Bsc holder on this forum bragging about BSc.
I know how many BSc holders I earn almost times two of there salary in my place of work. despite they have worked for years b4 I joined the organization.

What you can offer an organization is what matter most.

Our account Clark is more respected to our chief accountant. and this account Clark is just an ND holder. infact the company don't want him to go for HND because of lapses we will have if he go. because our so call Cheif accountant a BSc holder is just too dull and knows nothing everything is done by account Clark.

Most of my friends with BSc that graduated b4 me are roaming about though they graduated b4 me.

I don't say BSc is not better but opportunity is the ultimate in this country with your experience.

I am an HND Computer Engineering holder and I am very proud of it.

Just imagine a BSc in Guidance and Counselling bragging with HND Engineering its just look stupid

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ekibor(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
ifywise:
Those with BSC, how far? Have you gotten job?
. There's more to life than acquiring BSC or HND degree, ur degree doesn't guarantee success in life.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
i am a graduate of AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC UNWANA ( HND ELECT/ELECT ENGINEERING POWER & MACHINE OPTION)........ at 25, i am living in my own house with three cars to my name. It is not about your certificate, it's your mindset and knowing your worth. Shame on any person who cannot see the obvious that Govt. can no longer provide enough jobs for both BSC and HND graduates in the country, don't waste your time chasing papers..... Chase your dream and add value to your life by learning what you need to survive and not junks of useless courses you have in your curriculum......... As for me HND UPPER CREDIT GAVE ME A JOB IN THE OIL AND GAS without knowing anyone except my God. Same God will not look at your papers to bless you...... and before i forget, i am the team lead in my section with 9 B.ENG holders working under me.... thanks.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Basit99(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ridwan123:
comparing Bsc to hnd is like comparing champions league trophy to Epl trophy grin
bro wakeup EPL is worth more than £100m while UCL is €70m.
if u are good HND, bsc descrimination na story
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Mc4larin: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
kelvyn7:
Oga the OP is right HND direct entry takes u to 300level in the University it's OND direct entry dat takes u to 200level
I have a sibling who did it
OP also tell them that the is usually BSC & HND discrimination sad
Your cousin did it to which skul?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by femicyrus(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
I have ND, HND and BSc. I struggled with my colleagues during ND program that I cant even rank myself upon graduation. at HND i managed to graduate as the 7th best. at Bsc level, i finished with the best result not just in my department but in the entire college. I went for Bsc just because in my office, Bsc holders are the boss
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by thedio(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=mamajohn post=42468087]The Grade Point Average GPA for ND/HND ends at 4.0, there's nothing like 4.10 bros.
2.00 - 2.49 - Pass
2.50 - 2.99 - Lower Credit
3.00 - 3.49 - Upper Credit
3.50 - 4.00 - Distinction
ND with Upper Credit/Distinction are admitted to 200 Level in the university, most Federal Universities don't consider Lower credit, I think some state/private universities do.

@ the polytechnic ibadan the CGPA ends @ 5.0,so it is possible to av 4.**
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by lacasera14(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
AyamConfidence:
i hope say work don show o...no be just paper
#justgraduated
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by lacasera14(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
tranxcop:
i am a graduate of AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC UNWANA ( HND ELECT/ELECT ENGINEERING POWER & MACHINE OPTION)........ at 25, i am living in my own house with three cars to my name. It is not about your certificate, it's your mindset and knowing your worth. Shame on any person who cannot see the obvious that Govt. can no longer provide enough jobs for both BSC and HND graduates in the country, don't waste your time chasing papers..... Chase your dream and add value to your life by learning what you need to survive and not junks of useless courses you have in your curriculum......... As for me HND UPPER CREDIT GAVE ME A JOB IN THE OIL AND GAS without knowing anyone except my God. Same God will not look at your papers to bless you...... and before i forget, i am the team lead in my section with 9 B.ENG holders working under me.... thanks.
guy find me any 5k there wey u no de use. grin
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by AyamConfidence(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
lacasera14:
#justgraduated
by God's grace work go show
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by lacasera14(m): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
macklef:

I can see how that worked out for you.
yea man the experience was great
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by lacasera14(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
AyamConfidence:
by God's grace work go show
Amen to that bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students / Lagos Shuts Down Chrisland School Indefinitely Over Sex Tape Of Minors / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.