Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme (55413 Views)

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada / Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Ay04z(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
mamajohn:
this is NBTE approved and accepted gradings, I don't know that some polytechnics operates their own grading system. In that case, 4.10 will be an upper, he will. be admitted to 200 level in the university
e.g the polytechnic ibadan.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Mixty: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Naturallyme:

You are just a frustrated human being. Sorry hen. You know these vocabularies and you are still a street orchin. Honestly you need deliverance because ur stupidity will never allow you discover opportunities even if you eventually get one after 2020. If I want to use 1 Tb on Internet today, I have the money to do and alson share with you. Personalised Monkey, send me ur acct number , I guess poverty is eating deep into ur brain. Honestly I can help you if ur stupity will make give you some humility. Bingo!
Another meaningless nonsense. I gave you a sound advice and you come at me typing all this ish?
If you reside in Lagos, please visit Yabaleft.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by teawhy2788(m): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hummmm! Most of u Bsc holders cnt stand academically wt HND holders,bcs I could remember,during my nysc last year,some of the corpers were given query by our L.I and we were told to reply it within 20minutes,I knw hw many so-called Bsc holders I assisted to reply theirs,so,what ar u saying? Bsc/Hnd saga will soon end,waillers will soon keep quite,In PMB,I trust

3 Likes

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by dammyluv911(f): 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
pinkiberry:
also know that HND is not the same as bsc as far as Nigeria is concerned and also that there are lots of discriminations involved.
dear HND or Bsc can't change ones destiny

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Naturallyme: 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mixty:

Another meaningless nonsense. I gave you a sound advice and you come at me typing all this ish?
If you reside in Lagos, please visit Yabaleft.
Another Nairalander has gone mad again. You have cerebellar cancer. See a psychiatric doctor. I don't know how wat I posted gave you serious headache. Its obvious you are frustrated. Idiot.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by zeyney(f): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
queencalipso:

exactly my friend am a HND graduate with upper credit I finished my nysc four months ago and I got a job as a quality control manager in a food processing company four days after my pop there were lots of university graduates yet I was chosen. so if God is by your side he is by your side whether HND or Bsc. I wasted three years of my life waiting for university where as if I had gone to poly by now I would have become an MSC holder all the same sha nothing spoil

pls wat course did u study in d polytechnic and which sch did u grag frm
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by abdulbaba200(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Even with a PGD after ur HND u r not equal to B.SC so tink twise before u enrol for HND am talking from experience.emerging an HND holders now in level 100 in university.u better spend many years seeking for UNI. Admission dan to enrol for HND.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by toye440: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
pls don't waste ur time go and buy D.E. period but if u want to b a second class citizen then go ahead
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by danbrowndmf(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
pinkiberry:
also know that HND is not the same as bsc as far as Nigeria is concerned and also that there are lots of discriminations involved.
you people should sha be discriminating ous upandan. Done with my ND. But i'm thinking about writing jamb next year to for BSC. You HND or BSC?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Naturallyme: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
toye440:
pls don't waste ur time go and buy D.E. period but if u want to b a second class citizen then go ahead
Getting a DE admission in a good university is like hell. I applied 3 times was later considered the third time after someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows the registrar introduced me to him. It wasnt easy I must say.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tosyne2much(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
toye440:
And you that is treated like a first class citizen, where is the private jet you have bought?

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Hugo7(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
kuchikau:
I feel like having SEX.
Ee no go better for the person dat did this to you.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
jfy09:

How many year of course will a ND Students with 4.10CGPA be offer in university??

Wetin u dey say?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
ladyF:
Very educating, thank you OP. Please what are the chances for someone with 1.04 GP? Hep [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] pls cry

Chances! Chances!! Kai, walahi no chances. Just withdraw yourself.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by teebee22(f): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
abdulbaba200:
Even with a PGD after ur HND u r not equal to B.SC so tink twise before u enrol for HND am talking from experience.emerging an HND holders now in level 100 in university.u better spend many years seeking for UNI. Admission dan to enrol for HND.
reread wat u posted. HND holder now in 100level. PGD not equivalent to B.sc. #funny grin

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by KingAfooBaba: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
eitsei:
great futarian
GREAT!!!!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Damfostopper(m): 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
abdulbaba200:
re-read wat u wrote... Even pgd not equivalent?.... Ur suffering from Madd cow disease

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Damfostopper(m): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Wumine:
PLEASE go for BSC and not HND! BSc will give you 200L after OND while its either 200L or 300L after HND. Why waste your time when there is serious discrimination when it comes to Job (at least i know that about the FG/public sector); except of course your are in the ENGINEERING field, i think they fare better than others.

This is coming from a discriminated HND holder (now with Bsc) believe me, till there is equality in the certificate, plsss go for BSc
shey na racism....y not tell government to close down polytechnic at once..... If u wey discriminated doesn't mean everybody would be discriminated
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
tankoy:
Point 6. Only HND in accounting and Engineering (so called proffessional courses) are of value in FGN civil service. Any other course is placed on same level with NCE i.e GL07 on first appointment while the above mentioned courses settle at GL08.

Point 7. HND is not equivalent with BSC. Not in naija at least. The news and noise goes on and on.

Point 8. Those who go for HND after their NCE only end up regretting. For sooner they may wake to a Nigeria where their NCE is a higher qualification than HND.
And what if the university system is not enough to accomodate everyone? The less fortunate ones should settle for illiteracy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
abdulbaba200:
The graduate at the age of 30 and apply for a job vacancy that says, not more than 25 yrs. Nigerian youths need serious reorientation.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
kelvyn7:

Oga the OP is right
HND direct entry takes u to 300level in the University
it's OND direct entry dat takes u to 200level

I have a sibling who did it

OP also tell them that the is usually BSC & HND discrimination sad
Lemme ask bro, after your HND do you need to go straight for a D.E before NYSC, or after NYSC? Hope u understand thanks.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ucnwafor(m): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
jojothaiv:
OP, abeg dat number 1 no correct o, infact I jux applied 4 my frnd wey do a anoda course 4 him ND.. Nd as I dey type now, d guy dey school sef....
Maybe no be all sch sha o......
pls which of the state university is dat I need to go for my bsc program
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Goridoe(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Guy calm down grin grin grin

some of your seniors with 4.35 still dey house since 2013 grin grin grin
why your blood con dey hot?

[size=13pt]KIKIKIKIKI this one pass me...the guy blood no be for here.! grin

BTW, Naija of nowadays no be by the G.P you take graduate, na by who get job first
[/size]
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tosyne2much(m): 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Adaobi12:
And what if the university system is not enough to accommodate everyone? The less fortunate ones should settle for illiteracy?
This is the best comment so far cheesy
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by aolumaxi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
point 1 is wrong.... as an ND holder in Building Tech, I can opt for Quantity Surveying in HND and vice versa..... some course are interchangeable OP
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ucnwafor(m): 10:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mixty:

Inferiority complex. The OP never mentioned anything about discrimination but you are just hating.
bros with GPA 4.10 and a electrical engineering course, working with a german company dealing on syndicated metals u are here talking, a bsc holder will still complain until he will be idle and job hunting, get that inside ua brain ode
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ucnwafor(m): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Naturallyme:
Nice one op. i am a product of the two systems HND & BSC and i can categorically state the difference. HND is good just like BSC if you really know what you are doing. As per conversion from HND to BSC, please if age is not on your side, weigh your options, it takes time but if you woud'nt mind or u have a regular sponsor you can go for it. if you are to settle with HND, please at least have a good grade at least upper credit with practical experience. after school , learn a skill in line with your chosen field. Engineering students will understand. Good Luck. I see many HND graduates better than BSC in terms of skill acquisition and all.
God bless u sis, you shall to bag more in your acquisition of knowledge, MSC, pHD, etc and many quadruplet twins to your tommy diz year IJN, say amen!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Dminister(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=ucnwafor post=42466647]Where u go see work guun, mtchwwww bsc my foot cos am working in my the same company with my hnd(upper credit)......leave trash for LAWMA.

This is the reason HND can never be the same as BSC.
A holder of bsc pass is far better than an HND upper credit holder.

The university is a place of vigorous studies, absolute researches and intellectual capable minds.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by chibwike(m): 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
JakesEmbassy:
instead of lamenting about your certificate, i will encourage you to get relevant skill and competence, there are several job opportunities out there for those with the right attitude not minding their qualification.

also, with your HND, instead of going back to 300 level, i will advise you to use your HND t apply for Masters degree abroad. There are several universities around the world that offers masters degree admission to HND holders without having to do PGD. Incase you need such assistance, i can assist you with the relevant information needed to advance your career. Thank you
do they give bsc cert after PGD?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ucnwafor(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=Dminister post=42476607][/quote]so that after your bsc program with every 4 years of research and experience, u still come back to stay idle abi, we are still saying the same thing cos am working steadily with the industry as a field technician cos I did a lot of practical while in my course of study ok
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by H2Ossss(m): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
macklef:
I can see how that worked out for you.
Y can't you just overlook a simple typo? nice sarcasm though...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / "Only In Unillorin" - See What An Angry Unillorin Student Wrote About Her School / Yabatech 2011/2012 Post Utme Examination/screening Exercise And Admission Detail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.