Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme (54348 Views)

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / Did You Apply For Holborn Edu Scholarship To Canada / Ten Things To Know Before Graduating As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by macklef(m): 10:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
H2Ossss:

Y can't you just overlook a simple typo? nice sarcasm though...lol
Lol. Its not a typo. E replyed me and did not even know he made a mistake even with the fonts i used.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by GamaG(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
apatuku:
You forgot to add that the discrimination that await them in the labour market.
You people are just bleeding garbage from ur mouths. I'm a HND holder and I have a job paying me the same amount with B.sc holders. I just concluded my PGD programme and will be heading for my masters with the so-called Bsc holders whom I outshined during my PGD period. The earlier u people stop deceiving people and preventing people from becoming fully literates the better.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by olabisi1992(m): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
When God know the best of. it all I know is that God we surely provide work for me HND on point thank God for everything . ACCA noni still giving thankz
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by capricun: 12:27am On Jan 31, 2016
tankoy:

that is bc u are nt a civil servant or rather, you dnt work with the federal Govt. Esp interior ministry

Funny enough I am.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by autosavvy: 1:14am On Jan 31, 2016
Ridwan123:
comparing Bsc to hnd is like comparing champions league trophy to Epl trophy grin

Ok.. .I thought it wise not to breeze through without dropping a line or two. Firstly, this topic is not about the HND/Bsc comparison . . .but some of you have turned it to that. It should be about looking at what these institutions were set up to achieve. I hold the HND certificate and I'm quite sure some of your (Nairalanders) CVs are somewhere in my office as I get tons of mails each day . . .mostly CVs. With the same HND so many of you "love to hate" . . .I head the HR department of a big organization and I can tell you how many Bsc holders approach me daily . . .or call me every hour begging for jobs. . .well . . .unfortunately I can't get them all on the company's pay roll...but I try ! I will advise y'all to quit fooling around about HND/Bsc and focus on how you can better your lots . . .needless to say . . .been there done that, great pay . . .nice apartment . . .cool automobiles . . .you can be whatever you want to be . . .HND or Bsc . . .just focus !

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by bobkezel(m): 3:00am On Jan 31, 2016
I disagree with point number 1. It's not true.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Medunah: 6:12am On Jan 31, 2016
phemmyutd:
I just pity most jobless Bsc holder on this forum bragging about BSc.
I know how many BSc holders I earn almost times two of there salary in my place of work. despite they have worked for years b4 I joined the organization.

What you can offer an organization is what matter most.

Our account Clark is more respected to our chief accountant. and this account Clark is just an ND holder. infact the company don't want him to go for HND because of lapses we will have if he go. because our so call Cheif accountant a BSc holder is just too dull and knows nothing everything is done by account Clark.

Most of my friends with BSc that graduated b4 me are roaming about though they graduated b4 me.

I don't say BSc is not better but opportunity is the ultimate in this country with your experience.

I am an HND Computer Engineering holder and I am very proud of it.

Just imagine a BSc in Guidance and Counselling bragging with HND Engineering its just look stupid
English Man, English!!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Dminister(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2016
ucnwafor:
so that after your bsc program with every 4 years of research and experience, u still come back to stay idle abi, we are still saying the same thing cos am working steadily with the industry as a field technician cos I did a lot of practical while in my course of study ok

Have you been able to carry out a research to ascertain if actually the number of those staying idle are Bsc holders as you claimed?

Can you prove that the number of Bsc holders who are idle are more than HND holders?

On what ground do you base your conclusion that "after four years of research and experiences," a BSC holder would still remain idle?

Without emanating a fallacy, logically give evidential proofs to justify your claims.

In other words, if you cannot vividly answer these questions, your Hnd has no effect on Bsc.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nealo(f): 8:19am On Jan 31, 2016
pinkiberry:
also know that HND is not the same as bsc as far as Nigeria is concerned and also that there are lots of discriminations involved.
exactly, they(hnd holders) are not even recognize in the society even when the hnd holders acquires more than a degree holder. This is really unfair.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Nealo(f): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Medunah:

English Man, English!!
thumbs up dear *RBY* right behind you.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Dminister(m): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2016
Let me quickly correct your grammatical errors!

phemmyutd:

I just pity most jobless Bsc holders not Bsc holder on this forum bragging about BSc.

I know how many BSc holders I earn almost times two of their not there salaries not salary in my place of work.

despite they have worked for years b4 I joined the organization.
please use capital for the first letter after full stop.

What you can offer an organization is what matters not matter most.

Our account Clark is more respected to our chief accountant. and this account Clark is just an ND holder.
Pls say your account clark is more respected than
Your chief accountant even as the account clark is just an ND holder.
Note: you use "to" to make preference in a sentence and "than" for comparison.
You cannot say "I respect her to him" but "I respect her than him".
Just like you cannot say He likes you to me but He likes you than me.
You can say I prefer her to him.
Just like you can't say I prefer her than him.
I here is a subject and prefer is the verb which is the action word and than does not have a correlative effect to "him" which is another subject to make it a complete sense.
A clause must end with complete sense. The "I" subject + the verb makes it a clause.
Therefore, to make a complete sense, To replace Than because of the action word "prefer"
Another correction is your spelling of chief instead of chief.
Infact not infact because you start with a paragraph. the company don't want him to go for HND because of lapses we will have if he go.

because our so call Cheif accountant a BSc holder is just too dull and knows nothing everything is done by account Clark. WTF!
Please take correction from the corrections I made.

Most of my friends with BSc that graduated b4 me are roaming about though they graduated b4 me.
Hmmmmmmm!

I don't say BSc is not better but opportunity is the ultimate in this country with your experience.
Lol! English o!

I am an HND Computer Engineering holder and I am very proud of it.
Ok! You try for this one.

Just imagine a BSc in Guidance and Counselling bragging with HND Engineering its just look stupid

Whaaatt! Is this a good conclusion? I don't think so.
You need help!

Last bullets: Why are you typing like a secondary school drop out?

Ordinary to arrange sentences properly you cannot comport yourself.

if this is how you wrote your exams and graduated from polytechnic, I see no reason why we should be comparing Hnd with Bsc.

With your grammatical errors, I think you have already made a point.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ladG406: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2016
Certificate or not Bsc or HND it all depends on ur mind set. Am an HND holder in surveying and with the amount I have made not many Bsc holders have made such. Many people are after the certificate but am after the money. Alubarika ni koko.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by lahrcool4slam(f): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2016
Ridwan123:
comparing Bsc to hnd is like comparing champions league trophy to Epl trophy grin
Hnd holders are far better than Most Bsc holders, all nah jst Name and our country's lack of dedication to the competent once.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by whalexyy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifywise:
Those with BSC, how far? Have you gotten job?
love dis ur comment, can I have ur number?

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by deewon56: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
tranxcop:
i am a graduate of AKANU IBIAM FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC UNWANA ( HND ELECT/ELECT ENGINEERING POWER & MACHINE OPTION)........ at 25, i am living in my own house with three cars to my name. It is not about your certificate, it's your mindset and knowing your worth. Shame on any person who cannot see the obvious that Govt. can no longer provide enough jobs for both BSC and HND graduates in the country, don't waste your time chasing papers..... Chase your dream and add value to your life by learning what you need to survive and not junks of useless courses you have in your curriculum......... As for me HND UPPER CREDIT GAVE ME A JOB IN THE OIL AND GAS without knowing anyone except my God. Same God will not look at your papers to bless you...... and before i forget, i am the team lead in my section with 9 B.ENG holders working under me.... thanks.
AM SO IMPRESSED BY YOUR WORD ,THE GOD THAT DID YOURS SHALL DO MINE ALSO BY HIS GRACE
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by kelvyn7: 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mc4larin:

Your cousin did it to which skul?

UNIBEN

He did direct entry with his OND and he went straight to 200level

i got admission into 100level. he never did 100level and he came to meet me in 200level with the use of OND Direct Entry.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by kelvyn7: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
aurxtino:
Lemme ask bro, after your HND do you need to go straight for a D.E before NYSC, or after NYSC? Hope u understand thanks.

it depends on the school u are applying for the DE. but don't forget u can only do NYSC once. but most schools allow u to go straight for the DE and when u are through, u go for ur NYSC.

just like the case of law students - some schools like my sch require that u must return from law school before u are sent for NYSC. others will send u for NYSC first before u go to law school
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tankoy: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
capricun:

Funny enough I am.

perhaps not a civil servant with d interior
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tankoy: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dminister:

You need help!

if this is how you wrote your exams and graduated from polytechnic, I see no reason why we should be comparing Hnd with Bsc.

many of them are out there making similar claims when of the truth, u can't have enough sand to bury ur head for shame after going through any article they wrote.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by tankoy: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
Adaobi12:
And what if the university system is not enough to accomodate everyone? The less fortunate ones should settle for illiteracy?

sad... Thats nt what i mean. Know that I hold HND, and being in the civil service, I understand discrimination in its true context... Hahhahahhahaha. Dont mind me. I'm grateful to God for He does nt discriminate. Bsc, BA,...HND from monotechnics (Colleges of Agric) or polytechnic,... They all mean nothing.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by phemmyutd(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dminister:

You need help!

still waiting for your corrections
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Dminister(m): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
tankoy:

many of them are out there making similar claims when of the truth, u can't have enough sand to bury ur head for shame after going through any article they wrote.

Lol!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Dminister(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
phemmyutd:

still waiting for your corrections

You are still waiting for my corrections when you are already corrected.
Are you an Hnd dummy?
Please na question I ask.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by jfy09: 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
mamajohn:
The Grade Point Average GPA for ND/HND ends at 4.0, there's nothing like 4.10 bros.
2.00 - 2.49 - Pass
2.50 - 2.99 - Lower Credit
3.00 - 3.49 - Upper Credit
3.50 - 4.00 - Distinction
ND with Upper Credit/Distinction are admitted to 200 Level in the university, most Federal Universities don't consider Lower credit, I think some state/private universities do.

Thanks i really appreciate..
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Slimmath(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Depends on the University. Unilorin may end up giving you a different course entirely, FUTminna is strictly what you study in ND you get or none.

Thank u. I've been searching 4 Univesity dt offer Office Technology and Management "OTM" (Secretarial Studies).
Anyone, Help pls
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Slimmath(m): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
jfy09:

Thanks i really appreciate..
see, polyibadan no gri wt 3.00gp as upper credit o, na lower credit till 3.49gp. Her upper credit start 4rm 3.5gp
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by jojothaiv(m): 9:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
ucnwafor:
pls which of the state university is dat I need to go for my bsc program
Ehnnnn...
U don buy JAMB first nd Na where u dey want school sef?
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by ucnwafor(m): 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
jojothaiv:

Ehnnnn...
U don buy JAMB first nd Na where u dey want school sef?
I did my hnd progam with federal poly nekede 200 level but I need a direct entry to any of the so-called university as uniport
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by BADMUS105(f): 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
pls,can u help me out on how to have my IT done in NNPC or Chevron company bcoz I so much have interests in them.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Ijomobi(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
JakesEmbassy:
instead of lamenting about your certificate, i will encourage you to get relevant skill and competence, there are several job opportunities out there for those with the right attitude not minding their qualification.

also, with your HND, instead of going back to 300 level, i will advise you to use your HND t apply for Masters degree abroad. There are several universities around the world that offers masters degree. admission to HND holders without having to do PGD. Incase you need such assistance, i can assist you with the relevant information needed to advance your career. Thank you
thanks for d information sir, pls can u name those country that would accept HND for master.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by jojothaiv(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2016
ucnwafor:
I did my hnd progam with federal poly nekede 200 level but I need a direct entry to any of the so-called university as uniport
U fit wait .make u buy D.E form wey go comot next month ba.. I think say that one go help o... And some school dey give 300level 2 hnd holders wey do D.E with beta result o..
Re: What You Must Know Before You Apply For HND Programme by Sagamite(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mixty:

Next time learn to read before posting. The MB you used in typing this long b**shiit would have been used for better purposes if you had just spared a few mins to read through the OP's post.
Don't be like that fool called brainless sagamite who types all kinds of gibberish meaningless to everyone.

Moronic fuuktard, you have no respect for your God?

No wonder you are still jobless and can only find ashawo to fck you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Lilian Salami: Profile Of The VC Of UNIBEN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.