Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! (40786 Views)

The Colossal Black Holes (stars, Their Death,and passages to other universe) / 10 Myths And Realities About The Universe / Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Observable is not the same as the entire universe. It means only what you can observe. Nobody knows what the universe looks like.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by ZUBY77(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
damn! im one of those black dots

Trust me, Earth is that black dot. not even Africa.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by zurine(f): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
hmm
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by onetrack(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Toks2008:
And it is very astounding that Jehovah made the galaxies.

He must be more than what people think he is.

Yes, with all the massive size of the universe, trillions of stars across billions of light years, and yet he is concerned with whether or not somebody mas.turbates.

3 Likes

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Zellie: 3:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
damn! im one of those black dots
Nah you're not. One of those black dots is like an entire galaxy
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
djraymy:
guy you daft ohh
your opinion has been noted. Now scram!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Endtimesmith(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Indian/China colourful ceramite wheel of festivity.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by solidifi: 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
If this is the picture of the universe, my question is where was the photographer when he took the shot? Outside the universe?

2 Likes

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
stunning4real:
Heaven and hell is outside of the universe grin
Nah... Heaven is a spiritual realm. The universe is physical, and hellfire doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by geez18(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
its heartening and quite refreshing seeing this country's youth show interests into astrology and the cosmos. i was afraid we may have allowed our over succeptibility to religion hinder our inate and animal instinct for knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by redcliff: 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
digoster:
nah!! Those dots could be countries

Countries? You did not even say planets... lol
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by tonte(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Where's the accurate picture then? The one you made?

ribbit:
by the way, this picture is not accurate
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by suyamasta(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Awesome
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by MindTwister: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
hehehe

MindTwister says you're funny with this post man!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by adatemi: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is to tell us all that "nothing is hidden from God." He sees everything.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Malakh: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
I just wonder if we left science to the Africa better still Nigeria, would we have come this far? would we have been curious about stars. planets, the universe, because the average Nigeria only believes, he can't think or rather is too scared to create or imagine anything outside religion, thank goodness for those who put religion aside and go out to satisfy their curiosity so as to have us fully understand how we came about, where we are on the map of the world what we are capable of doing if we open our minds to science, curiosity, observations and more, it's looks scary but beautiful and earth is one small part of it and our country is even a smaller part of it and we, well as someone said we are smaller than dots, but we have learn to connect the dots together to give us these and then we actually have other universes, at this point, i give up, i thought the universe was infinite and endless and now they are other universe just like ours, what and who could be living there? there is so much to know angry
if you read Deutronomy 4 you'll know why they are curious about it.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Eluwilussit(m): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
nze4al:
Ever wondered what the entire universe might look like?

The universe is so vast it’s almost impossible to picture what it might look like crammed into one field of view.

But musician Pablo Carlos Budassi managed to do it by combining logarithmic maps of the universe from Princeton and images from NASA. He created the image below that shows the observable universe in one disc.

Our sun and solar system are at the very center of the image, followed by the outer ring of our Milky Way galaxy, the Perseus arm of the Milky Way, a ring of other nearby galaxies like Andromeda, the rest of the cosmic web, cosmic microwave background radiation leftover from the big bang, and finally a ring of plasma also generated by the big bang.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/30/the-look-of-the-entire-universe-in-one-picture/

What it might look like, not what it looks like. You can't get a complete picture of the universe from inside the universe. This is a simple effort at creating what might be.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by sukkot: 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
and who took the picture and with which camera ? lying ass nasa

interesting fake pinshure though
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Malakh: 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dollyak:
This picture is really misleading and it isn't in anyway close to being accurate. To capture the universe would be to know the boundary of the universe. There are milions of galaxies in the universe of which are not represented in those pictures. It is merely an imaginative representation of the artist thought about the universe.
and what is the name of this family, if family is everything
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by pulsa(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Rossikk:
Less than 2% of the universe is observable to human eyes. That 2% comprises that part of the universe where matter reflects light. 98% of matter in the universe is 'dark matter', which does not reflect light, and we are blind to it as physical humans. It is in that space that places like the 'spirit world', 'heaven', and countless millions of civilizations invisible to our senses, exist. When we 'die', our consciousness/souls return to that realm, which is actually our true home.

You are so stupid and incredulous, what you just wrote now shows your inability to leave your myths behind and use your brain for once.
Emancipate yourself my friend.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Eluwilussit(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
solidifi:
If this is the picture of the universe, my question is where was the photographer when he took the shot? Outside the universe?

Great observation. If you read the post, it says what it might look like, and not what it looks like. Meaning it is not a true picture of the universe. That makes it a projection of someone's imagination.

I am happy you observed it. At least someone somewhere in Nigeria still thinks. Not all the idiiots looking for their villages in the picture. grin
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
ribbit:
lmao.. you are not even close to a dot.. a dot there is like giant planet, asteroids or star. you can only be a dot there if you are like the size of jupiter grin

you see those round thing are galaxies? and those tiny golden lights behind each galaxy are suns. a sun is a billion times the size of earth. even you cant locate our own milky way galaxy out of the countless number of galaxies in the universe let alone think you are a dot grin

guy you are wicked oo, you just made me feel less important, grin anyways let's take this to christianity, where does God fit into all these? if we are taught he created the world, earth i suppose, because all archaeological evidences point still points to earth and still argues about some things, people and events stated in the bible, no one spoke about other planets, other galaxies, or milky ways, i keep saying there is neither no God or they might just be more Gods out there and one of them created the earth or the 9 planets and our sun and maybe another God created it's own universe, if this is true, i wonder what these God's do on a daily basis, what their conversation is like, well enough of all these wondering, am off to watch the Premier league.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Rossikk(m): 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
pulsa:

You are so stupid and incredulous, what you just wrote now shows your inability to leave your myths behind and use your brain for once.
Emancipate yourself my friend.
Who is this dunce? What do you know? Ignorant, stup.id loafer with nothing upstairs.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 4:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

I used expanding because it's easier to understand, the correct scientific term is "stretching"...the universe is stretching and its infinitely big , therefore the space within which it exist is infinite...what makes our universe stretch/expand is the repulsive gravitational effect of what is called dark energy....as such we would expect the stretching to slow down or even stop at some point.

physical laws? no one knows....we know there are physical laws in our universe because we observe phenomenons in our universe ...like when we throw some thing up, it falls.. hence the gravitational law. the multiuniverse system is a whole different system.

YESS it has an edge.... by different, what do you mean?
hmmm... How can our universe be infinitely big if it has edges? The multiverse stance is built on too many assumptions. We know only a tiny fraction of our universe, yet we presume to know there's more than one universe. Humans...

By different, I mean a separate entity. What if the imaginary universes are just part of one solo infinite universe?

Or do you believe the universes are parallels?
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Jeromejnr(m): 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
hmmm... How can our universe be infinitely big if it has edges? The multiverse stance is built on too many assumptions. We know only a tiny fraction of our universe, yet we presume to know there's more than one universe. Humans...

By different, I mean a separate entity. What if the imaginary universes are just part of one solo infinite universe?

I love ur questions, very thoughtful.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
wow, nice design. it a cake that look like the earth outta space! thumbs up for the designer
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:

i like that thinking right there, what if all the imaginary universes are just part of one solo INFINITE universe, wow!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
Nah... Heaven is a spiritual realm. The universe is physical, and hellfire doesn't exist.

if heaven is a spiritual realm, that means it isn't even in all of these planets or universes, there where is it and where the heck is hell fire? i am beginning to think one of them don't really exist and none is beneath us like we hear, hell fire is somewhere in the ground or something, but when we all die, where do we all go to? this is serious tho and which theory is more realistic, the big bang theory or that of a God somewhere who just created all these, living archaeologist, scientist ages to confirm it's story and existence.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
warrenweste:

there will only be one God bro...and he created everything...

Please state your facts, all these her are theories with a few facts, you just come and say, one God created everything, please if they you and religion to explain things to us some 100 years ago, none of you would have gotten us to where we are now, to what we know now, you would all just sit in a mud house and say God created everything, not thinking, going outside the box to understand things.

1 Like

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by astroboy94(m): 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
it will take millions of light years for us to travel to another galaxy or a star. It just shows how magnificoent God is. Waiting for a mission to Mars #Orion
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by pulsa(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Rossikk:
Who is this dunce? What do you know? Ignorant, stup.id loafer with nothing upstairs.
What do I know, let's see

I know religion is the opium of the masses, with you being inclusive.
I know you are ignorant, evident by your fictitious 98%(percent) soul analogy.
I know more about universal concepts than you like,
1). The explosiveness and expansivity of the universe
2). The Intelligent design concept, e.t.c
And finally I know I have more knowledge 'upstairs' than you.

And next time stop displaying your ignorance, and also stop cooking up facts.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Alezy(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
And someone will still wake up and tell you there is no God....Ah, people.

God might just decide to develop one of those planets and take his people there. wonderful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.