Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! (40784 Views)

The Colossal Black Holes (stars, Their Death,and passages to other universe) / 10 Myths And Realities About The Universe / Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
wah planet is the earth's twin??...
whats the coldest planet??...
the hottest planet??...
how many days/years does it take jupiter to revolve round the sun??...
ask google,and sango will destroy you and your generations.
already judging me cos of somethin i just madeup.
bastard son of lesbian mothers!
lol...dude is asking me grade 3geology lol.......guy sleep abeg
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by jornie(m): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
I mean why is there a multiverse,what's the theory.What made us question the existence of another universe or a series of them.
The multiverse theory essentially states that there are multitudes of universes, each formed entirely randomly, with our universe being the only one (or one of a few) that randomly developed in such a way that it supports life.

the multiverse view is not actually a theory, it is rather a consequence of our current understanding of theoretical physics,the idea that the Universe is perhaps one of infinitely many is derived from current theories like quantum mechanics and string theory .
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
lol...dude is asking me grade 3geology lol.......guy sleep abeg
Lol,why dint you answer them??
you finally saw a chance to prove you're the dumbest of all...
grade3 geology,and you have no clue...
are you this daft??..
shame!
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

The multiverse theory essentially states that there are multitudes of universes, each formed entirely randomly, with our universe being the only one (or one of a few) that randomly developed in such a way that it supports life.

the multiverse view is not actually a theory, it is rather a consequence of our current understanding of theoretical physics,the idea that the Universe is perhaps one of infinitely many is derived from current theories like quantum mechanics and string theory .
no worry,I go ask google....Thanks though
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
Lol,why dint you answer them??
you finally saw a chance to prove you're the dumbest of all...
grade3 geology,and you have no clue...
are you this daft??..
shame!
lol....guy sleep....u don fall hand your hand........you can't pick ut up; stop trying.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

y not... because it's infinitely big doesnt mean it has no edge..because there are infinite numbers between zero and one,doesn't mean zero and one don't exist/are imaginary....our universe has a boundary for sure...yess the multiuniverse theory is based on many assumptions.

YESS,each universe is seperate with minor differences from ours... and not part of ours
according to the theory

a parallel universe is a universe in a multiuniverse
Often when the universe is tagged infinite, it's in reference to limitless space and time. If our universe has boundaries, then it occupies finite space and thus isn't infinite.

But then you probably just meant it's so big impossible to measure, hence your 'zero and one' analogy.

That said, tell me what you think about parallel universes. I like your thought pattern.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
Alezy:
The more humans try to think and think about creation and how they came about, the more confused they will be.

God is supreme and all knowing. ...whatever you think of the planets and univers is right in ur own way. God alone can explain that to us since he is the master architect.
true... However it doesn't mean Man shouldn't try to learn as much as he can.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=vicraven post=42500153][/quote]lol...this guy na character I swear
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
lol...this guy na character I swear
dont mess with strangers...
cos i might not exist...
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
dont mess with strangers...
cos i might not exist...
haha....siddon one place
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
haha....siddin one place
exactly what im doing bro...
sitting down,and looking at your destiny...
planning to control it...
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
exactly what im doing bro... sitting down,and looking at your destiny... planning to control it...
mumu
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
mumu
i see you in rags...
on the streets of lagos...
wow!,you're with someone...
are those your kids??
damn!
and that is your wife i guess??...
what is that i see on your head?? doom??poverty??
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
i see you in rags... on the streets of lagos... wow!,you're with someone... are those your kids?? damn! and that is your wife i guess??... what is that i see on your head?? doom??poverty??
mtsheeewwww....go find work guy
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Lovelynature(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
So amazing! God is great. All glory to His Name forever.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
hmm,this guy dey talk true o....make i go find work for my miserable life
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Alezy(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
true... However it doesn't mean Man shouldn't try to learn as much as he can.
That's the point, in trying to learn, we will only get more confused unless it's something God himself wants you to know.

its just like God has programmed you to own a company In abuja and you are in ph trying to own it. Your effort will only end in frustration till you get it right.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
e don do.....you sabi book.......mad men everywhere
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by vicraven(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
RENOWNED2:
e don do.....you sabi book.......mad men everywhere
hehehe
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by RENOWNED2(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
hehehe
u no dey gree oh......u go sabi drag wella
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Alezy:
That's the point, in trying to learn, we will only get more confused unless it's something God himself wants you to know.

its just like God has programmed you to own a company In abuja and you are in ph trying to own it. Your effort will only end in frustration till you get it right.
I believe God wants us to know, that's why He gave Man a good brain. 1 John 5:20 says that much. Learning about creation gives us some insight about God's nature. Encourage science tongue
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by micodon(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:
other universes,each keep expanding and getting bigger .. it's a multiuniverse system

that's just an assumption. Science can't prove that
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Alezy(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
I believe God wants us to know, that's why He gave Man a good brain. 1 John 15:20 says that much. Learning about creation gives us some insight about God's nature. Encourage science tongue
I guess u made a mistake on the bible quotation. first John don't have up to the 15th verse.

But u really think God wants us to know all?? Then he would have left the tower builders of babylon or so to keep building nau.

I don't think so...I will try to find a scripture for u in time.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by micodon(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
I just wonder if we left science to the Africa better still Nigeria, would we have come this far? would we have been curious about stars. planets, the universe, because the average Nigeria only believes, he can't think or rather is too scared to create or imagine anything outside religion, thank goodness for those who put religion aside and go out to satisfy their curiosity so as to have us fully understand how we came about, where we are on the map of the world what we are capable of doing if we open our minds to science, curiosity, observations and more, it's looks scary but beautiful and earth is one small part of it and our country is even a smaller part of it and we, well as someone said we are smaller than dots, but we have learnt to connect the dots together to give us these and then we actually have other universes; at this point, i give up, i thought the universe was infinite and endless and now they are other universe just like ours, what and who could be living there? there is so much to know angry

There's nothing to prove that the Universe is NOT boundless. To me, the Universe is just a concept.... Not a real object...
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by jornie(m): 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
Often when the universe is tagged infinite, it's in reference to limitless space and time. If our universe has boundaries, then it occupies finite space and thus isn't infinite.

But then you probably just meant it's so big impossible to measure, hence your 'zero and one' analogy.

That said, tell me what you think about parallel universes. I like your thought pattern.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by micodon(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

You know the idea of "A multiverse" is just hypothesis, right?

May I ask: assuming we are in a multiverse system, how far reaching will the system be? Infinity? Hope you know that outside the realm of mathematics, infinity is not real.... Just a concept
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by jornie(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
micodon:

You know the idea of "A multiverse" is just hypothesis, right?

May I ask: assuming we are in a multiverse system, how far reaching will the system be? Infinity? Hope you know that outside the realm of mathematics, infinity is not real.... Just a concept

Yh... it is,although something led to it

let me ask u a question first, how far reaching is our universe?
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by micodon(m): 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

Yh... it is,although something led to it

let me ask u a question first, how far reaching is our universe?

In simple terms, I dont know. But lemme say this: I don't think our Universe is like a ball that has boundaries... Or an object that can be felt. I always refer to the term "Universe" as a concept rather than an object. Our brain should understand it as a grouping in space of heavenly bodies, galaxies, planets and so on. How far reaching this grouping is, we don't know
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by micodon(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
micodon:

In simple terms, I dont know. But lemme say this: I don't think our Universe is like a ball that has boundaries... Or an object that can be felt. I always refer to the term "Universe" as a concept rather than an object. Our brain should understand it as a grouping in space of heavenly bodies, galaxies, planets and so on. How far reaching this grouping is, we don't know

And chances are that we'd never know...cos our universe is a 4 Dimensional continuum of space and time... 3 spatial dimensions and one for time.... And according to the relativity theories, the spacetime continuum is curved. So, exploration outside this continuum would be impossible cos if we were to embark on space travel, we would always arrive at our starting point
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Alezy:
I guess u made a mistake on the bible quotation. first John don't have up to the 15th verse.

But u really think God wants us to know all?? Then he would have left the tower builders of babylon or so to keep building nau.

I don't think so...I will try to find a scripture for u in time.
yeah, typo. Thanks. It's chapter 5.

We can't possibly know all, but it's not for nothing that we have the brain that we have and the matching curiosity. We are meant to use it to learn as much as we can.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by Oahray: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
jornie:

thanks for the wiki link. I wanted to know what YOU think though.
Re: The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! by jornie(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
micodon:

according to the Big Bang Cosmology,it has boundaries...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's / Python Killed By Oil Workers At Egbema, Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.