Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

After A Long Day Of Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After A Long Day Of Job Hunting (18160 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by pretydiva(f): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
It is well. Never give up.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by daniska3yaro(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
yoboworld:
It's funny how you can be putting all this effort and nothing is changing and all anyone can say is 'try harder', 'do more' and you damn well know you ain't lazy and you ain't holding back but you are gonna break if you just stretch any further.
Just as they say the results from a test does not define the smartest person in a class so does progress in our world does not define the best thinkers and hardest workers.
We just live in a stupid world where the variables doesn't just favour the common man, and for integrity sake you don't wanna soil your hands with the dirts of fraud and corruption that seems to be the only fertile ground available to the youth of our generation.
You get a decent education, push yourself beyond your limits to even work outside the confines of your school paper and still can't nail a good job. Only for the people who weren't interested in personal development to call the shots either cos they have routers as family members, neighbors or sugar daddies or mummies or cos they have themselves amassed illegal funds to buy themselves entrance into the Eden garden
To even add salt to injury we now have a government who is so focused on funds to pay back campaign expenditures than thinking of a way to help those that voted and conducted the elections (NYSC ad- hoc staffs) that brought it to Power... a friend said I am proud to be a Nigerian and he got a shocker reply from another who said God did not do him any Favour by making him come from this nonsense of a geographic mistake.........
Need I say more? Dis is exactly how I feel after a hard day of job hunting and thinking of going to my personal business this evening that would hardly even return 5 USD.....
okay oo
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Sijo01(f): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
Keep hope alive. Don't give up.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Horlawoomey:
Perseverance is key in a situation like this bro, job hunting made me leave my comfort zone for Lagos. Now it has been 2 weeks plus and am only able to get a research job that pays peanut daily, I kept to it not because I so much like it but because I know I can learn something there.

I trekked a distance of like 3km today trying to locate a place only to get there and referred to their main office in Ikoyi again.

I won't let that get to me cos I know without struggle, there is no success. We shall smile one day.
..God first.... goodluck

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by babasade(m): 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
yoboworld:
It's funny how you can be putting all this effort and nothing is changing and all anyone can say is 'try harder', 'do more' and you damn well know you ain't lazy and you ain't holding back but you are gonna break if you just stretch any further.
Just as they say the results from a test does not define the smartest person in a class so does progress in our world does not define the best thinkers and hardest workers.
We just live in a stupid world where the variables doesn't just favour the common man, and for integrity sake you don't wanna soil your hands with the dirts of fraud and corruption that seems to be the only fertile ground available to the youth of our generation.
You get a decent education, push yourself beyond your limits to even work outside the confines of your school paper and still can't nail a good job. Only for the people who weren't interested in personal development to call the shots either cos they have routers as family members, neighbors or sugar daddies or mummies or cos they have themselves amassed illegal funds to buy themselves entrance into the Eden garden
To even add salt to injury we now have a government who is so focused on funds to pay back campaign expenditures than thinking of a way to help those that voted and conducted the elections (NYSC ad- hoc staffs) that brought it to Power... a friend said I am proud to be a Nigerian and he got a shocker reply from another who said God did not do him any Favour by making him come from this nonsense of a geographic mistake.........
Need I say more? Dis is exactly how I feel after a hard day of job hunting and thinking of going to my personal business this evening that would hardly even return 5 USD.....
we are both in same shoe ooo..i taya sef and discourage but God go do am...
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
The faster we realise that the idea of going to school to get a good job is not working again the better for us. We have a lot of graduates joining the over congested labour market annually and our government pays little or no attention to this fact. sadly our major economy drive is fast loosing track and we are all left helpless.

I advise youths of our days to be humble enough to go learn hand work. Get a commercial skill from which they can earn a living. Remember the quality of our life is measured by time. 6-7 of every graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. Time wait for no man. Shell, Agip, NNPC, Microsoft are good workplace but how long do you keep waiting through their recruitment procedures that raises and dash your hope at one point or the other. It's high time we start thinking outside the box.

Lastly I believe in power of prayers. Call on God and he would show you the way to go and teach you to be profitable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by scobaba: 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
englishmart:
i can't read that epistle, not after my long day at work

Anyhow talk angry

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Hermoine(f): 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Patience is the key, I also went in search of a job today, got to lekki all the way from badagry. All's well that ends well, don't worry everything will be beautiful in its time

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kala11(m): 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Keeping pushing bro, u will surely get that ur dream job. All that you hope for shall come to past..#nopainnogain
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by koolsnoop2(m): 8:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
[color=#990000]very painful bro, but i think you can still do other things rather than wasting your time hunting for jobs.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by butanep(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Many of us pass through same process...

Just believe and get your mind together to do something.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by gidjah(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Not to get depresses my brother, i was once there , eno easy at all,i did lots menial things to get body togeda,trekked all over fct in those days when fct was still young, let some one close to you analyse my trekking distance (from Ibahim babangida way(abuja) to Mararaba(Nassarawa state),you go fear fear na!,but thank God things arent the same no more(in d lines of the only the artist (MC with a MSC)).God will bless ur husstle soon, i do lots of things now so as to keep moving,if you are in FCT let me know sir.

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Brai777(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
@OP, Don't loose hope, try harder and put your trust in GOD. It would certainly be a story to tell someday.

Let me share my story with you, may be it will encourage you. I left school February 2002, went for NYSC in September 2002 and finished NYSC in September 2003. Effectively I entered the labour market October 2003.

I studied accounting and my target employers were banks, the big 5 (now big 4), medium size audit firms, manufacturing coys and anywhere accounting graduate is needed. I must have sent about 200+ applications, some invited me for test (GMAT, aptitude etc), a lot did not invite or acknowledge my applications. I passed some tests, had interviews, first stage, second stage and final interview and no offer.

I was in this state of applying, writing tests and interviewing from October 2003 till May 2005 when I got the offer for my dream job to resume Monday July 4th 2005 ending my 18 month search for profitable employment. I have since changed jobs about 7 times, with each change better than the prior job.

I did not know anybody, I put all my trust and hope in GOD.

3 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by sambiza(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
my bro. God of the day time he's still God in the night wen tins goes wrong he will make dem right cheer up from anoda broda also in the hustle
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by GoldenJulius(m): 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Op your pains are not far-fetched. Please keep your hope alive in God.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Adesiji77: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Stay strong, keep pushing and praying.

The worst thing that can happen is for you to give up hope...

Do not restrict yourself to advertised vacancies. Network!
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by fromnigeria(m): 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
yoboworld:

you sound frustrated already. Be very careful. Involve God in your life. And see things change.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
VocalWalls:

The point of realization, tho static, is a great progress...
This almost means your are probably not doing something right, or not chasing the right thing.
All that effort, if you channelled it into something else, will it fail?
You're hardworking, be hardworking to self.
Umm, i crack my throat and clear it at same time. thinkers! words are cheap.... maybe you ain't be in such shoes before. even the labourers work sometimes, it difficult to find one in a comfort zone. but it's well. I still urge him to do better. remember our destiny is connected to one another....
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by VocalWalls: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
Blyzz:
Umm, i crack my trout and clear it at same time. thinkers! words are cheap.... maybe you ain't be in such shoes before. even the labourers work sometimes, it difficult to find one in a comfort zone. but it's well. I still urge him to do better. remember our destiny is connected to one another....

You don't want to know how I trekked around trans amadi, and got ridiculed by gate men, who disposed my CV with no hesitation.
So I decided to strive for self, and I trained myself.
Imagine if the OP starts a little business, and puts in all the effort he uses to job hunt, into building his business?
For a while, job hunting didn't work, how then should he expect a different result while doing the same thing? It's simple.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
VocalWalls:

You don't want to know how I trekked around trans amadi, and got ridiculed by gate men, who disposed my CV with no hesitation.
So I decided to strive for self, and I trained myself.
Imagine if the OP starts a little business, and puts in all the effort he uses to job hunt, into building his business?
For a while, job hunting didn't work, how then should he expect a different result while doing the same thing? It's simple.
umm, you talk like an inspirational speaker. you've read too much books! can you please compare then and now! though i know one has to think of the problems of people to solve their problem. but how easy it is?
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by VocalWalls: 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
Blyzz:
umm, you talk like an inspirational speaker. you've read too much books! can you please compare then and now! though i know one has to think of the problems of people to solve their problem. but how easy it is?

What is then? And what is now? I hardly even read motivationals, I see them as empty boastings.

I finished service in 2014, so there's nothing like 'then'.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
VocalWalls:

What is then? And what is now? I hardly even read motivationals, I see them as empty boastings.

I finished service in 2014, so there's nothing like 'then'.
Okay, I may support u in one hand. but think of it, it's crystal clear you didn't made it on your own. you can never and will never be able to stand on your own, i mean in such conditions. we all need each other to have a better life, and to make our dreams come true. so i urge the guy to put effort in any good aim, and hit the net with prayers. only prayers and your effort that can bring your helper closer to you. i rest my case
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by VocalWalls: 12:05am On Feb 03, 2016
Blyzz:
Okay, I may support u in one hand. but think of it, it's crystal clear you didn't made it on your own. you can never and will never be able to stand on your own, i mean in such conditions. we all need each other to have a better life, and to make our dreams come true. so i urge the guy to put effort in any good aim, and hit the net with prayers. only prayers and your effort that can bring your helper closer to you. i rest my case

I started with my allawee... Not an extra kobo.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by emmygzy(m): 12:29am On Feb 03, 2016
Hermoine:
Patience is the key, I also went in search of a job today, got to lekki all the way from badagry. All's well that ends well, don't worry everything will be beautiful in its time
wher u dey for badagry?
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Embi(f): 12:40am On Feb 03, 2016
yoboworld:

I understand what you feel.you should know crying about it won't make a difference. If you can't find a job create JUA ENERGY is a rapidly growing company that design and manufacture solar-powered systems and cutting edge technological electronic accessories for consumers who are lack of access to electricity and technological products. It has a very strong and experienced team from the both energy and IC industries. The company was established in the late 2012 and quickly penetrates to  4 African countries where our products have been introduced to consumers with modern design and high quality.
On the way forward, JUA aims to penetrate to all the Sub-Sahara African countries and also targets to “improving African people’s life by providing the high efficient renewable energy powered systems, technological products and services”

Unlike the widely used kerosene lamps or candles, whose smoke pollute the environment and expose users to significant health risks

JUA Energy Sunlight powered lamps are specially designed to replace traditional kerosene lamps for household which are not connected to or have shortage of electricity. This product is made by advanced PV panel, Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and LED lighting, which is all-in-one smart design and easy to carry.PV panel generates limitless solar power into electricity, stores the electricity into advanced Lithium Iron Phosphate battery and comes out as LED light which is brighter and environmental friendly to people while ensuring less energy consumption.

We are looking for people who can distribute our SUNLIGHT CHARGED LAMPS to university students,Villages e.t.c
Visit our Jumia site:
https://jua-energy./

Corporate site:Juaenergy.com
Other products we manufacture:powerbank,blutooth speakers,Earphone,Usb Lamps

If you have an interest in being one of our distributors

Send mail:abel.zhang@juaenergy.com
Subject: Jua energy community distributors-Rachel

We are Social:
Twitter:@jua_energy_ng
Facebook:https://facebook.com/JUA-Energy-Nigeria.

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 03, 2016
raayah:
OP, I am very hopeful and positive for you. My Gut tells me that you will get a job soon.

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

Bokoharam has destroyed that light @ the end of the tunnel... Lolz.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 03, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] worry not my guy
You see your change oriented government will soon start paying 5k to unemployed youths
So you can use it all to buy food from dangote and dangote richer and you are no longer hungry
It's a win win
And that the implication of your government's idea or economic development

*****return to watching Sony max: most shocking********[/size]
Sonovabich that's Fûckin genius cheesy
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 03, 2016
VocalWalls:

I started with my allawee... Not an extra kobo.
kk, the government help u with ur little allawee, then you used it for a right purpose. why for others, it a different story. but u won't expect others to use same allawee with you to start up a life. OK, how abt the nor graduate who can't afford 3 square meal a day, due to finance and other conditions. what would be your advice to them!

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by jashar(f): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2016
My dear, the truth is this; '
it may not get better for awhile

I'm sorry to hurt you but the reality now isn't about hard work but smart work.
You just have to find something that will engage you even if it's a small business that pays you 200 a day.
Don't loose hope, keep applying but get something to keep your days busy.
Nigeria is blessed.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by legendsilver(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2016
We on the same page bro, but be rest assured that sooner than later, this our story shall change for the better. Stay positive brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-power And Its Modern Slavery - How True? / 250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / Unemployed Disabled Graduates: What Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.