Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

After A Long Day Of Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After A Long Day Of Job Hunting (18165 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by VocalWalls: 9:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Blyzz:
kk, the government help u with ur little allawee, then you used it for a right purpose. why for others, it a different story. but u won't expect others to use same allawee with you to start up a life. OK, how abt the nor graduate who can't afford 3 square meal a day, due to finance and other conditions. what would be your advice to them!

I see you're only picking holes bro, its even understandable that a graduate spent some years in school chasing education...
How can a non graduate say he spent his time? Doing nothing? And later expect something?
My guy, reality is this; there is always a way to push through. It may not be juicy, but its still something.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Chicjennie(f): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2016
....[/b]
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by faithtope(f): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2016
Dts naija 4 us.... May God hlp n favour we youth in dis country..... Dey ar not really encouraging us.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by faithtope(f): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2016
@chicjennie,pls am interested... U can pls hlp 4 further information on it. My email is faith.tope41@gmail.com
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2016
Horlawoomey:
Perseverance is key in a situation like this bro, job hunting made me leave my comfort zone for Lagos. Now it has been 2 weeks plus and am only able to get a research job that pays peanut daily, I kept to it not because I so much like it but because I know I can learn something there.

I trekked a distance of like 3km today trying to locate a place only to get there and referred to their main office in Ikoyi again.

I won't let that get to me cos I know without struggle, there is no success. We shall smile one day.
My guy some struggles doesn't worth it, some struggle and end up struggling all the days of their life in essence act smart you don't have to polish shoe or sew sandals for people to know you are hardworking.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2016
adenuga360:
The faster we realise that the idea of going to school to get a good job is not working again the better for us. We have a lot of graduates joining the over congested labour market annually and our government pays little or no attention to this fact. sadly our major economy drive is fast loosing track and we are all left helpless.

I advise youths of our days to be humble enough to go learn hand work. Get a commercial skill from which they can earn a living. Remember the quality of our life is measured by time. 6-7 of every graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. Time wait for no man. Shell, Agip, NNPC, Microsoft are good workplace but how long do you keep waiting through their recruitment procedures that raises and dash your hope at one point or the other. It's high time we start thinking outside the box.

Lastly I believe in power of prayers. Call on God and he would show you the way to go and teach you to be profitable.

my guy you can't not live the comfortable life you want with handiwork the govt advice us to learn handiwork. Are their kids learning such, No they are busy occupying the so called shell, agip and so on. I think if you believe it you will achieve be outstanding in your course of study and you will get the juicy white collar job.Yes people succeed learning these handiwork how many break out from the average zone?

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2016
97% of people work a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke). All of them want an M.B.A. (Massive Bank Account). They are clueless on how to create wealth and be R.I.C.H. (Residual Income Creates Happiness)

Don’t go to school because you want to get a job in Nigeria……#My1koboadvice#

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by macaranta(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2016
Not easy.. But keep doing your best,someday Grace will smile on you and all Job seekers.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by nigg(m): 11:40am On Feb 03, 2016
not easy at all. Many are busy talking about skill, what if after learning a skill and u have no sponsor to start up no matter how little it is? This sucks really bad.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by shizzy7(f): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chicjennie:
It can only get better... I submitted over 200 hard copies of my CV as a fresh gradate with prayers which paid off.
BTW, @legendsilver, @babasade, @yoboworld, @shizzy7. A commercial bank in Lagos, (where I work) is recruiting graduates (B.Sc holders) with a minimum of 2.2 and is not above 27 years. Please send me a PM to direct you further.
Wow!!!! 200 copies ..... I have not submitted up to 20 and I'm already tired....I have not gone for NYSC yet, I am just looking for a place where I can work for few months even though the salary is small basically to get experience....
Most places I have been going to want permanent staff not temporary. Thanks for the concern... God bless.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
VocalWalls:

I see you're only picking holes bro, its even understandable that a graduate spent some years in school chasing education...
How can a non graduate say he spent his time? Doing nothing? And later expect something?
My guy, reality is this; there is always a way to push through. It may not be juicy, but its still something.
kiss
VocalWalls:

smile! well, we're both on same side, ain't wanna argue. whosoever who's opportune to assist anyone, kindly do the needful, if important. remember, our destiny is tire to one another! the richest man on earth today, i contributed to his wealth. so let's give an helping hand to members and non members of our families, friends and neighbor. the life rotate and it shall and will continue to rotate! thank you
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kookny(m): 11:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chicjennie:
It can only get better... I submitted over 200 hard copies of my CV as a fresh gradate with prayers which paid off.
BTW, @legendsilver, @babasade, @yoboworld, @shizzy7. A commercial bank in Lagos, (where I work) is recruiting graduates (B.Sc holders) with a minimum of 2.2 and is not above 27 years. Please send me a PM to direct you further.

I sent you a pm, please reply

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Things From Your Social Media Account Employers Dig Into / N-power And Its Modern Slavery - How True? / 2014 Internship/student Placement At Exxonmobil Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.