Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) (58641 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Aisha Buhari Arrives London To See President Buhari (Photo) / President Buhari Photo As Shared By PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by nenergy(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2016
nairacoded:
Yoruba Obas kneeling Down to snap pictures with Buhari like school boys
Your caption is irresponsible! They squatted because the photographer asked them to, because of lack of space (to contain everyone). Will they squat if there was enough space? I doubt you've ever taken a group picture, bcz if you have, you'll know

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by InformedLola(f): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Those are not Kings but baales or chiefs. No King bows down to anyone; even a Prince doesn't.

Only fools will believe this false assertion by the OP. Ask yourself: why would Obas kneel down to take a picture with a president? Is it cos there were too many people posing for the shoot? Who were the people? Should that make Obas kneel down while some unidentified nonentities stood? Why did women stand in the picture while Obas knelt?

Answer: those weren't Obas(Kings) but mere chiefs or some overly dressed dudes.

Lalasticlala or Seun need to ensure the OP modifies his post. You can't just push information like this to front page without confirming it's authenticity. It will end up mis-informing people.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by franklingud(m): 7:55am On Feb 03, 2016
grin grin grin
school children.
ezigbo mmadu ka chinchi.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by cirmuell(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2016
gcode123:

[size=14pt]Those are chiefs. You these igbo people what you dont know ask. Your ignorance is actually putrid and only attracts insults to your tribe, both the good and foolish ones. Very hard to respect you these days[/size]
Leave the gentle guy abeg. The blame should go to the incompetent mods we have on here. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by ayindejimmy(m): 7:58am On Feb 03, 2016
nairacoded:
Yoruba Obas kneeling Down to snap pictures with Buhari like school boys .

What is your take in this??

http://www.nairacoded.com/2016/02/yoruba-obas-kneeling-down-to-snap-with-buhari.html

I'm sure you didn't see the Obas standing in the picture .
My take is that Buhari is the cause of Lassa fever

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by nairacoded: 7:58am On Feb 03, 2016
Seun360:

Hungry blogger, na Obas be that? Oh, you wan follow by land for Banana Island?
lol,u wan gimme land for banana?
Oya call me
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by RexTramadol1: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2016
See Oriade on the floor!
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by mariamadenle(m): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Yoruba kings are become useless, squatting in front of Buhari I don't think any sane Hausa Emir or Sultan can go low to this extent...... where is our respect our self-esteem and our pride....... These Kings should plz think of the people they are representing
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2016
chinchum:
this pix last year

Kikikikiki bwahahahahah I talk am say na curse dem dey curse d man but others say na blessing.
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by lonelydora: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Topccy007:
They have to. Royalty and Presidency no be mate.

Will you compare class reps to Principal?

Epic response.
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Pastis: 8:08am On Feb 03, 2016
Ugomba:
Nigeria practise a Presidential style of govt as its head and NOT Monacharial.
Bros which one be monacharial? I never hear am before abeg.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 03, 2016
Topccy007:
They have to. Royalty and Presidency no be mate.

Will you compare class reps to Principal?

You obviously cone from a region where your monarchs have no level.

Oba of Benin will not even leave his palace for any president. You will come there to see him and sit on a small stool till you leave.

Ask about what happened to Onyeaegbulem who wanted to show himself where the Oba was..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by MOJJ(f): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2016
I do hope smday we all can tolerate ourselves for good.#tribalism everywhere.
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by stevecantrell: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2016
mariamadenle:
Yoruba kings are become useless, squatting in front of Buhari I don't think any sane Hausa Emir or Sultan can go low to this extent...... where is our respect our self-esteem and our pride....... These Kings should plz think of the people they are representing

Those are white cap chiefs !

Igbo should inform themselves before opening Crap threads like this, it makes you guys count for less and less. This is how Nnamdi Kanu found himself where he is today.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by simpleseyi: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2016
This is too insultive to the Yoruba race. The shameless Obas should have stood while the women in the pictures squat or kneel. These are the same thieving Obas that collected dollars from Jonathan and Dasuki Sambo. Please are the banks giving money to anyone that presents a picture with the President?

Please IPOB miscreants stop distributing this shameful picture, I will tell DSS to release your director the albino called Nnamdi Kanu for about just 10 minutes.
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by tayoupson(m): 8:18am On Feb 03, 2016
They are sitting down , open your eyes op
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by MadCow1: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Those are not Kings but baales or chiefs. No King bows down to anyone; even a Prince doesn't.

Only fools will believe this false assertion by the OP. Ask yourself: why would Obas kneel down to take a picture with a president? Is it cos there were too many people posing for the shoot? Who were the people? Should that make Obas kneel down while some unidentified nonentities stood? Why did women stand in the picture while Obas knelt?

Answer: those weren't Obas(Kings) but mere chiefs or some overly dressed dudes.

The President is higher than any Chief.

The President is higher than any Priest.

Those Obas did not break any laws traditionally or otherwise. Squatting to take a picture with the president shouldn't be blown to this proportion.

And to think you labelled them Baale's. I guess the President should be prostrating before the Obas abi?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by matrixme(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Well, the obas in Yorubaland are normally filled with self pride and never downgrade their status in any instance. Why do you think the oni of Ife had to go and reconcile at the Palace of the Alaafin of Oyo?
You know nothing about respect in the Yoruba setting. If they were actually kings, the higher ranking king would have ordered the women to squat to give way for the kings. So it means that the women even have more rank than the Chiefs squatting. Even the women would have naturally taken the initiative as a sign of respect. These are not kings, but highly placed chief. Do you think our kings resemble some of your Obi's that my corper friend once told me that they ride okada and nobody even recognizes their status in your area?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by bakynes(m): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2016
The OP is just mischievous, those guys are not Obas, they are mere village heads called Baale and Chiefs. Look closely, the Obas are the ones standing beside Buhari and the Governor. Please close this stupid thread.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by M4gunners: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2016
Lordave:
It's a sign of respect. In Yorubaland we don't wake up our fathers with a slide-kick. sad
What is a sign of respect here?It's non of my business, but i hate it when you guys try by all means to defend the lies you have lied ealier. Every time in this forum when it comes to anything that had to do with Obas,you guys will be Chest beaten Our Obas are respected Ones not the red caps Obi of Igbo people.
Just look at a whole Obas kneeling down to take pic with President. Asagba 1 of Asaba can never do this. The Obi of Agbor the young Obi visit Buhari last year, he never bend to greet him not to talk of kneeling for picture.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by SeanDada1(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2016
chinchum:
it was the other way round

Abomination!!! They're total disgrace to themselves!!!
Eye Serviced!!! End time Obas!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Paretomaster(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2016
Seriously, but this is a photo shoot na, some have to squat, while some stand, it's not as if they are kneeling or squatting for Baba na, and even if they do, BABA NA BABA....
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 03, 2016
KanwuliaJara:
Na dia KOLSSSSHUR na!
Bend dan, kiss NYANSH and EAT SHYTE!!!!! cheesy

All na "respEt" abi? wink

Dem fit worship monkey sef! cheesy
Nairalanders! Do we have anyone who can cast ou demons in here? This one is a serious case
cry
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by AtlanticBreeze: 8:34am On Feb 03, 2016
This is shameful.. even the governor didn't look happy about the whole thing. slave mentality

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by kunle75(m): 8:38am On Feb 03, 2016
CACAWA:
what was the other way round?

Lol

If you are there with them would you have stood up infront of them.................?
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by haffaze777(m): 8:42am On Feb 03, 2016
nairacoded:
Yoruba Obas kneeling Down to snap pictures with Buhari like school boys .

What is your take in this??

http://www.nairacoded.com/2016/02/yoruba-obas-kneeling-down-to-snap-with-buhari.html

Did u see alake of egba land, olowu of owu or awujale of ijebu land there?those are d obas,even agura of gbura,osile of oke ona were not in those picture & u call dem obas,can u pls tell us dia name n d town they rule,if not u & ur zombie should STFU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Fizman1(m): 8:53am On Feb 03, 2016
chinchum:
this pix last year
Hahhahahahahhahhahahaha cheesy u no go kill person wit laugh ooo
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2016
Dem really say wen junior get money reach one stage senior go greet am.
Re: Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Now hw do u knw the Op is Igbo
Nd I don't even see anything bad in the title of the thread....
Maybe he misplaced Chiefs with Obas, but is that really worth ur bitterness...
Respect is reciprocal sir, very simple, u don't respect Igbos the wouldn't respect u...(Igbo people dey chop respect )
I wonder hw many people respect done help grin

Whether you chop am or u no chop am na you wah be dat. All the things wey you don chop, who e help? Did it even help your neighbor or community? unequivocally said my piece. A wise person knows the value of a good reputation, let your productivity speak not the very silly lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Prevents The Arrest Of Johnson Suleman By DSS / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election / PHOTOS: Senators Visit Ekweremadu At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.