Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? (1722 Views)

'I Once Went On A Date With A Guy, Saw A Ring On His Finger & He Was Like" / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Ring He Designed For Her (Photos) / Woman Kneels Down As Her Man Puts A Ring On Her Finger (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Some guys are strange, what's difficult is saying "will you marry me" with a ring? My ex finance once told me "let's just get married". In my heart I was pissed cos I looked forward to the traditional kneeling down and presentation of ring.

So guyz in the house, why will some of you ever consider proposing without a ring?
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mchew.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Cutehector:
Mchew.
gerarahia mehn
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by greatme2good(f): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:
gerarahia mehn

In igbo si eba puo lol
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2016

Why be lord of the rings

When you can actually be the king of his hearts nd queen of the game!

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by ggrin(f): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeundecided

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Very abnormal!undecided

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by ArchEnemy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
You were pissed, so what did you do?
You loved him and did not say no right?
That is what matters
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by cruzita(f): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
because African men are not romantic
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
cruzita:
because African men are not romantic
spot on.
I like your swag grin
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by missKiffy(f): 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Whats the big deal with proposing without a ring, you want to turn to Lord of the ring
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
How does that measure the love he has for you?

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Strahovski1(m): 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
The use of ring is western culture. Not African so I don't think it's necessary.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
ArchEnemy:
You were pissed, so what did you do?
You loved him and did not say no right?
That is what matters
Nope,,I think she didn't give him a positive answer.. She just called him her ex fiance... I'm sure if she had accepted him,,she will either address him as her fiance or presumably her husband...

Op he was never your fiance since there wasn't a solemn engagement.. You never accepted his proposal,, yea?? So call him your ex bf...

Well for me,,he's got to propose with a ring... If he doesn't propose with a ring,,will tell him there nd then to go get a ring b4 I give him an answer...
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by vault(m): 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
is that why u wanna get married, because of the ring?

wife material grin

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by blesoh(f): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
My dear mine no ring oh. We went for intro finish no ring. It was during the wedding he bought the ring.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Omavik:
Nope,,I think she didn't give him a positive answer.. She just called him her ex fiance... I'm sure if she had accepted him,,she will either address him as her fiance or presumably her husband...

Op he was never your fiance since there wasn't a solemn engagement.. You never accepted his proposal,, yea?? So call him your ex bf...

Well for me,,he's got to propose with a ring... If he doesn't propose with a ring,,will tell him there nd then to go get a ring b4 I give him an answer...
your interpretation is bereft of wisdom, I said ex fiance. We were planning for marriage but didn't get married cos of family issues. Since there was no formal will you marry me from him, there was no yes I will marry you from me, we both just started planning the wedding.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by sinequanon: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:
Some guys are strange, what's difficult is saying "will you marry me" with a ring? My ex [size=18pt]finance[/size] once told me "let's just get married". In my heart I was pissed cos I looked forward to the traditional kneeling down and presentation of ring.

So guyz in the house, why will some of you ever consider proposing without a ring?

Are you a gold-digger?

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
sinequanon:

Are you a gold-digger?
yes
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by drnairalov: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:
Some guys are strange, what's difficult is saying "will you marry me" with a ring? My ex finance once told me "let's just get married". In my heart I was pissed cos I looked forward to the traditional kneeling down and presentation of ring.

smh.. ring or no ring does it really matter...u see the rules are meant to be broken.. I aint about that life, if I got mad love for u lets not ruin it by u insisting on the ring. yo gyal that ring aint gonna transport u to your job.. not nature to put much value in physical things, basically it is just a pricey stone chilling on a finger ..
what is of main importance is that u got my love nd I got urs shikenna, I don't think I neeed to go down on my knees, that's just archaic.

Whenever I see women frowning over an engagement ring I see them as kids captivated by a piece of rock..
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by sinequanon: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:
yes

There's your answer.

You wanna gold ring? Start DIGGING.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
sinequanon:

There's your answer.

You wanna gold ring? Start DIGGING.
thanks dear
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Saladin25(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:

Even if am rich like Gates or Dangote or Bin Talal I won't give any woman a ring for engagement nor wedding but as a gift I can buy it for her. Exchanging ring is not part of our culture and Islamic tradition
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by 2special10: 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmm lik 4 guys proposed to me without ring. I don't know if dy were joking even if dy were I accepted shaaa nd last year another guy proposed wit a ring nd I accepted dat 1 nd fomated all dos other guys. So I think it's beta to propose wit a ring than jst saying it.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
lifeisabitch:
your interpretation is bereft of wisdom, I said ex fiance. We were planning for marriage but didn't get married cos of family issues. Since there was no formal will you marry me from him, there was no yes I will marry you from me, we both just started planning the wedding.
Hey!!! I interpreted based on what you posted...
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Omavik:
Hey!!! I interpreted based on what you posted...
I said ex fiance meaning we were planning to get married.
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by ArchEnemy(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
Omavik:

lol
I wonder y you are so hell bent on this ring Omavik
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by ArchEnemy(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
drnairalov:

smh.. ring or no ring does it really matter...u see the rules are meant to be broken.. I aint about that life, if I got mad love for u lets not ruin it by u insisting on the ring. yo gyal that ring aint gonna transport u to your job.. not nature to put much value in physical things, basically it is just a pricey stone chilling on a finger ..
what is of main importance is that u got my love nd I got urs shikenna, I don't think I neeed to go down on my knees, that's just archaic.

Whenever I see women frowning over an engagement ring I see them as kids captivated by a piece of rock..

thanks Brova
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 04, 2016
ArchEnemy:
lol I wonder y you are so hell bent on this ring Omavik
undecided
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2016
I don't wear rings and so you cant tell the size of my ring...

I think when I get married I will only wear one wedding band..
So to me engagement ring is not so important
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
Omavik:

Even if ur answer'l be no, you'll still allow him get the ring
Re: How Abnormal Is It For A Guy To Propose Without A Ring? by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 05, 2016
lifeisabitch:

you mean ex finance minister?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Couples Met In Club? (PHOTO) / make una no vex / Dawg though

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.