Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material (3304 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / When A Girl Says She Does Not Have A Boyfriend / When A Girl Says She Does Not Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by optimistbynature: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2016
This is actually a non-fiction tale of what ensued between myself and a girl...
Met this girl sometime last year, whilst she was having some challenges with her Nysc's primary place of assignment posting: being an older batch than her, i assured her that I would find a befitting place to suit her convenience and taste .
Exchanged contacts and talked on phone,sparingly on WhatsApp before we went for the Christmas and New year celebration..
Our short calls turned into long calls, started getting fond of ourselves but noticed every time I played around with words, like calling her sweet names and sometimes flirting with her ...she once said that "I am a tom-boy, stop flirting" and I kinda joked and asked her what she meant ....
Initially she has this friend of hers', a girl, they stay together and always seem to roll together, but I just felt it was a normal thing for girls to always move around together.. every time I invited her to my house she would sound cool about it like she would come ,but with her friend, but I didn't want to sound offensive that I wanted her to come alone, because I sensed tension when ever am flirting and talking on phone with her...
Last night, I called her and she was all dull on the phone , asked her like what's wrong, because our discussions are always lively to the point we would anticipate when we see, she just said that she feels she has been receiving and sending the wrong vibes that she wants to tone down the way she seem to get so free with me, and she was at that point trying to explain further that she many guy folks that she is friend with but she isnt ....and at that point she stammered and didnt complete the sentence, I noticed her friends voice in the background ,perhaps that was why she startled... i asked her that we should see to talk about this because its not a phone conversation and she said okay on Friday...
Am quite worried why her attitude just dropped all of a sudden because we still chatted a day before last night , was even teasing her that she shouldn't dream about me just yet that am not done editing some scenes of me ...that i didn't want her seeing me unedited... and she anticipated we seeing that she was gonna break my head teasingly..
the question thus is why did her attitude just changed suddenly and also y does she keep saying she is a Tom-boy, she has said it twice actually??
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by divinehand2003(m): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2016
I smell a tranny sha oooo. She might be a transgendered.
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by oba2flex(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2016
Bros,she cannot be ur girlfriend because she is already playing the role of a [b]boy friend[/b]to a fellow lady.
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by repogirl(f): 8:38am On Feb 04, 2016
She's not into you and she's probably not into men, duh? undecided
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Michellla(f): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2016
tomboy - /ˈtɒmbɔɪ/ noun
1. a girl who enjoys rough, noisy activities traditionally associated with boys.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by CaroLyner(f): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2016
I've heard that the chances of a tomboy being a lesbian increase with age, because as they get older, more and more girls (especially the straight ones) are scared of looking too
"butch", and start dolling themselves up.
Also, there's a chance your crush is transgendered, meaning a guy in a girl's body.

1 Like

Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 04, 2016
And you are a corper ooo
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Maxi112: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2016
cruzita! come and see oh...

what dey are saying abt tomboy...

come and elaborate more on this
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by cruzita(f): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2016
tomboys are loving people.though some are lesbians but some can be mistaken to be one.
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by cruzita(f): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2016
Maxi112:
cruzita! come and see oh...

what dey are saying abt tomboy...

come and elaborate more on this
my brother some tomboys na lesbians but others are mistaken to be LIKE ME ESPECIALLY AS GIRLS DEY FLOCK AROUND ME
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Maxi112: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2016
cruzita:
my brother some tomboys na lesbians but others are mistaken to be LIKE ME ESPECIALLY AS GIRLS DEY FLOCK AROUND ME
are u serious?.... my dear cruzita over sincerity dey worry u...

one of this days u gist me small how those girls dey take ask u out... maybe I will create thread for that....

and it will be very interesting dear!!
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by texybaby(f): 6:25am On Feb 05, 2016
Hey am a tomboy n so so loving and sweet...we r actually sweet people...not ball r lesbians...am not one anyway...I prefer to hang out with my female folks but I hv a boyfriend n he seriously working hard to mk me a lady plus my professional I hv to act like one..sometimes it's boring but I have too...but op u know tomboys hang around guys n we kinda know there character especially with women..it sometimes refrains us from loving up..b on ur feet u could win her heart..but don't break it....we too need from from a part of our heart..good luck
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by optimistbynature: 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
HateU2:
And you are a corper ooo
I guess that's a sacarstic comment..but wait why don't u address the issue on ground in relation to your capacity, perhaps it would yield some help...
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by optimistbynature: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
texybaby:
Hk
do u literally dress like the male folks do ,or is it just the character u portray that places u as a tomboy??

The girl in this my topic context, actually doesnt show any signs of being a lesbian, cos she dresses like the female folks and has a couple of male friends she seldom rolls with ... and her roommate is actually always in the picture when she hangs out..that's the confusing part...
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by optimistbynature: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
thank you for the comments and advise you have given thus far...

if u could remember in the preceding post, I talked about we getting to talk about the issue she brought when we see.... We saw today during clearance, in opposite direction actually, she was coming and I was leaving , it felt really awkward for me, seeing her, I just felt like snubbing her or something, not my fault for that thought, we eventually walked closer , and the greeting was just seemingly fake , she kinda was with her friend so I couldnt stop to talk to her, but the way her friend stared, was so obvious they discussed me in full length...now am thinking, what should I do , because I know myself , I loose interest easily....

what is the next move
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by oodua1stson: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
She's a lesbian
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by SkinnyDude(m): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
all tomboys are lesbians..!!! quote me anywhere
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Young03(m): 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Bro, she is a bisexual

probably 75% lesbian and 25% rest.

These days we no longer woo girls, make ur money and ur good to go

if i were u, i will not call her again till she calls
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by texybaby(f): 6:08am On Feb 07, 2016
I used too dress that way in school days but now my profession has made me to dress lady like

optimistbynature:

do u literally dress like the male folks do ,or is it just the character u portray that places u as a tomboy??

The girl in this my topic context, actually doesnt show any signs of being a lesbian, cos she dresses like the female folks and has a couple of male friends she seldom rolls with ... and her roommate is actually always in the picture when she hangs out..that's the confusing part...
Re: When A Girl Says She Is A Tomboy To A Potential Boyfriend Material by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 07, 2016
texybaby:
Hey am a tomboy n so so loving and sweet...we r actually sweet people...not ball r lesbians...am not one anyway...I prefer to hang out with my female folks but I hv a boyfriend n he seriously working hard to mk me a lady plus my professional I hv to act like one..sometimes it's boring but I have too...but op u know tomboys hang around guys n we kinda know there character especially with women..it sometimes refrains us from loving up..b on ur feet u could win her heart..but don't break it....we too need from from a part of our heart..good luck
I thought Girlie girls stereotype tomboys, so how do you get to hang around them?

(1) (Reply)

13 Pictures Ladies Can Relate To / Boyfriend Always Dozes Off When I Visit? / Don't Expect Him To Take You To Alter, If You Are Doing This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.