Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device (45147 Views)

Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Iphone Device / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Chimdiebere(m): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
fowlyansh181:
okay. clearly I am with a kid. swerve.
you know that
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by donwise1(m): 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by donwise1(m): 6:51pm On Feb 18, 2016

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by iyaboi95: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]i know galaxy s7 too is far better than iphone 7
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 4:33am On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Yes dude, the main reason is price. IPhone 5c was an underpowered iPhone, even at that it was sold for almost the same price as the galaxy s4 and HTC one m7. We are talking Nigeria here, not rest of the world. In other parts of the world where iPhone has a strong base, iPhone customers don't care about price, they only care about premium. So the iPhone 5c was like a step backward for apple and it was just about $100 cheaper than the more powerful iPhone 5s. So customers would rather buy the 5s, u know why? Because people that buy iPhone don't care about price, even if apple sell their iphones for $1,000 people will still buy it. Nigeria market has almost zero iPhone market share.

In Nigeria the case is different, the poverty level is very high, there are no carrier discounts unlike in other countries where u can buy an iPhone on contract for as low as $250, here u have to pay the full price. If the iPhone 5c was sold for 30k in Nigeria then I can guarantee u that is the phone most people would be using right now.

I remember back in 2010-2012 when android was not yet popular in Nigeria. Then blackberry was the trend, the phone everybody wants to own and they were expensive. People that couldn't afford blackberries were rocking Nokia symbian phones. Only a few could afford Samsung and a few android phones that were in the market, even then people never really rated android. But then came tecno, they came out with affordable android phones and opened the gates for other Chinese OEMS to sell their phones here. The rest is history.
only a BIG fool think price and value are d same,
in Nigeria we needs all dis tweaking of a thing n transfer of files which iPhone lack
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 4:35am On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:
There is only 1 reason.....

PRICE.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as infinix hot note, then trust me people will say 'to hell with customization or tweaking or inability to transfer files'.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as gionee m5, then u will know customization, tweaking, changing of imei doesn't mean sh*t.
in Nigeria we needs all dis tweaking of a thing n transfer of files which
iPhone lack
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 4:44am On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:
There is only 1 reason.....

PRICE.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as infinix hot note, then trust me people will say 'to hell with customization or tweaking or inability to transfer files'.

If the iPhone sells for the same price as gionee m5, then u will know customization, tweaking, changing of imei doesn't mean sh*t.
poverty is affecting some people's brain, guy no b everybody poor like u.
there are Android phones that are more expensive more than ur so called iPhone, it's just an ideology of Nigerians d way dey carry phone brands 4head.
it happens during BlackBerry era dat nothing dey inside BlackBerry people just carry am for head, wea is d BlackBerry now?
d same thing with iPhone, I have never seen any single function dat make iPhone to be superior over Android nothing inside iPhone it's just Nigerians mentality d way it happens during BlackBerry era.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2017
eallstar:

there are Android phones that are more expensive more than ur so called iPhone, it's just an ideology of Nigerians d way dey carry phone brands 4head.
it happens during BlackBerry era dat nothing dey inside BlackBerry people just carry am for head, wea is d BlackBerry now?
d same thing with iPhone, I have never seen any single function dat make iPhone to be superior over Android nothing inside iPhone it's just Nigerians mentality d way it happens during BlackBerry era.

Nigerian mentality? So how about Americans that queue up for days to buy Iphones when a new one just gets launched? Nigerian mentality is worrying them too? Or is is American mentality.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2017
eallstar:

iPhone lack

Only an IDI0T still tweaks his phone in 2017. I have been using flagship android phones since 2010 and I use to tweak and flash but I have stopped all that since 2014 and now in 2017 the OS already comes with everything u need out of the box so what's the point of tweaking. Oh and I can't remember the last time I received a file through bluetooth. its been more than 3 yrs now. Its a good feature to have but definitely not a deal breaker.

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Nigerian mentality? So how about Americans that queue up for days to buy Iphones when a new one just gets launched? Nigerian mentality is worrying them too? Or is is American mentality.
which day Nigerians will get sense?
I repeat its Nigerians mentality, It happened during BlackBerry era,
they even use it shot movie then(BlackBerry)
how many of our girls lost their virginity bcoz of BlackBerry?
now my question?
1- what is so special about iPhone?
2- tell me what iPhone will do dat Android wouldn't do?
nothing like freedom in this this life, I hate someone to limit what I can do most especially with my money.
in other words an iPhone is a JAIL in hands dat is y it's called jail breaking after some little bypass
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Only an IDI0T still tweaks his phone in 2017. I have been using flagship android phones since 2010 and I use to tweak and flash but I have stopped all that since 2014 and now in 2017 the OS already comes with everything u need out of the box so what's the point of tweaking. Oh and I can't remember the last time I received a file through bluetooth. its been more than 3 yrs now. Its a good feature to have but definitely not a deal breaker.
now my question?
nothing like freedom in this this life, I hate someone to limit what I can
do most especially with my money.
in other words an iPhone is a JAIL in hands dat is y it's called jail
breaking after some little bypass
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by donhils: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2017
eallstar:

now my question?
nothing like freedom in this this life, I hate someone to limit what I can
do most especially with my money.
in other words an iPhone is a JAIL in hands dat is y it's called jail
breaking after some little bypass
I agree with Greenhulk. Let's say all these Tecno, Infinix, itel, Gionee phones that sell at 100k or less are the same price with iPhones 7,6s or 6 for instance, say the truth; which one would you choose?
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by donhils: 11:09am On Jun 05, 2017
eallstar:

iPhone lack
What exactly do you still tweak?
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
donhils:

I agree with Greenhulk. Let's say all these Tecno, Infinix, itel, Gionee phones that sell at 100k or less are the same price with iPhones 7,6s or 6 for instance, say the truth; which one would you choose?
I can never take, I repeat never will will I take anything dat will limit my freedom which iPhone do.
by d way am not a fan of all dis ur Tecno n co.
am currently using Huawei mate 8 which is expensive more than iPhone 6s+

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by eallstar: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
donhils:

every possibility of sharing anything with other devices has been blocked,
so y should I choose such phone, am not d type dat follow brand names, I follow company dat gives me wat I want.
if there is no Samsung lg sony n co, I will still go for China phones bcoz of freedom.
let me give an example- there was a day went shopping so during d fun chatting I met a with a buddy who is playing a very great music from local artiste who is not even popular n d name of d singer is not there,
the music enter my soul n all to share d track with me proof abortive n was so pained, its happens again when I saw a soul touching pix on friend phone which I need to have n I was disappointed again( all dis story I was using IPhone 5 then) I vowed not to use anything dat will limit my freedom since then n example is iPhone

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
donhils:

You need to understand , some people buy iPhone simply cos its logo. I've got some pals who don't do jack besides calls, social media, mails, surfing but they use iPhones.

On two occasions, they felt like their phones were just garbage. The first one was a night where another pal engaged his wife and we were taking pictures but theirs were dark but mine came top notch alongside another dude using HTC M8. They had iPhone 6, 6s and 6s plus

Secondly, i was surfing a web while chatting with a chic on whatsapp and i didn't leave the screen cos of the multi window feature. He was amazed and asked how i did it. He wouldn't have seen this if not cos i was gonna show him something on my phone

I know some peeps right here who bought S8 in the last couple of weeks. I've also got a friend who bought one just last week.

Basically, it's about choice

1 Like

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Buddy don't call tweakers idoits. The numbers has surely reduced but some people just derive joy in turning their phones upside down and fix it back to normal. How have you been anyways?
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
ollah1:

Buddy don't call tweakers idoits. The numbers has surely reduced but some people just derive joy in turning their phones upside down and fix it back to normal. How have you been anyways?

Sup bro. U know me that i don't add insults to my comments. But the dude started it by using the phrase BIG fool.
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 06, 2017
greenhulk:

Sup bro. U know me that i don't add insults to my comments. But the dude started it by using the phrase BIG fool.

I know but let it slide. Cheers bro
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Seetbro: 2:36am On Jun 08, 2017
eallstar:

iPhone lack

You can generate , analyze and fetch imei with this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gibatekpro.imeiinfo
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Seetbro: 2:36am On Jun 08, 2017
eallstar:

every possibility of sharing anything with other devices has been blocked,
so y should I choose such phone, am not d type dat follow brand names, I follow company dat gives me wat I want.
if there is no Samsung lg sony n co, I will still go for China phones bcoz of freedom.
let me give an example- there was a day went shopping so during d fun chatting I met a with a buddy who is playing a very great music from local artiste who is not even popular n d name of d singer is not there,
the music enter my soul n all to share d track with me proof abortive n was so pained, its happens again when I saw a soul touching pix on friend phone which I need to have n I was disappointed again( all dis story I was using IPhone 5 then) I vowed not to use anything dat will limit my freedom since then n example is iPhone

You can generate , analyze and fetch imei with this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gibatekpro.imeiinfo
Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Seetbro: 6:22am On Jun 08, 2017
donwise1:

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Seetbro: 6:23am On Jun 08, 2017
eallstar:

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Seetbro: 6:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Chimdiebere:
you know that

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Tunex90: 9:13am On May 13, 2018
The major reason is the price, but people will never admit that, they'll condemn the phone and convince people the phone is not worth buying, who tha hell doesn't like good things, I don't own an iPhone yet and I don't and I won't condemn people that use it cos I don't have money to buy it yet, cos I'm sure when I'm capable of buying it, will do!

2 Likes

Re: Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device by Nobody: 9:55am On May 13, 2018
Tunex90:
The major reason is the price, but people will never admit that, they'll condemn the phone and convince people the phone is not worth buying, who tha hell doesn't like good things, I don't own an iPhone yet and I don't and I won't condemn people that use it cos I don't have money to buy it yet, cos I'm sure when I'm capable of buying it, will do!

Lol don't mind them. They will keep saying iPhones are not functional yet all the celebrities use iPhone because they can afford it. Those that can't afford it will say iPhones are overrated. If they are so overrated why do they keep selling.

Top selling smartphones for 2018
1. iPhone x
2. iPhone 8
3 iPhone 8 plus
4. iPhone 7
5. Xiaomi redmi 5a
6. Samsung Galaxy s9 plus

Top selling smartphones of 2016
1. iPhone 6s
2. iPhone 7
3. iPhone 7 plus
4. iPhone 6s plus
5. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
6. Samsung Galaxy j3

So let me guess, all the people buying these phones are idiots?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.