Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari (48598 Views)

Economy: Why Rain Is Beating Us Now – Buhari. / Buhari 'I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now'. / Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by onatisi(m): 9:24am On Feb 06, 2016
OGACLO:

He never knew it wass this bad, he can't get this details earlier since he wassnt an insider considering the fact the previous leader ran a costematic govt.economy growth and stability on papers.

Thre was nothing secretive about the nation economy ,the Nigeria economy situation is glaringly open to every blind man all over the world to see . All the governors that were against the nation saving money then are from his party.national decisions were taken at meetings attended by governors ,so by saying he knows nothing will only prove him to be a complete total dullard as ppl are claiming him to be. It is better he says the challenges are huge but not insurmountable

11 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Billygee2u: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2016
khalhokage:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said that with the quantum of problems his administration inherited, he sometimes wondered why he had to seek power at this time.

Buhari spoke in London while addressing members of the Nigerian community in the United Kingdom.

Our correspondent obtained a transcript of the President’s address to the gathering on Friday.

Buhari said he wondered why oil, which used to sell for over $140 per barrel, would reduce to $30 per barrel during his time as the President.

Notwithstanding the problem, however, Buhari said he kept praying to God to be merciful to the over 170 million Nigerians who are exposed to poverty, illiteracy and other social ills.

He said, “With the problems we have in this government, I sometimes wonder. At least, this time around, I asked for it, I prayed for it, I went round the country and I asked for it. But the first time under the military, I allowed the military to take decision.

“But I say why me? Why is it that it is when they have spent all the money, when they made the country insecure that I returned?
“Why didn’t I come when the treasury was full? Oil price was over $140 per barrel and when I came, it slipped down to $30. Why me?
“I keep on praying to God to pity Nigeria and its over 170 million people who are exposed to climate change, illiteracy and poverty.”

The President, however, said his administration had succeeded in mopping up over N2.2trn as of January through the Treasury Single Account arrangement.

He said although the TSA was introduced by the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, that administration could not implement it for reasons best known to its officials.

He said his administration decided to implement the arrangement when he came on board and discovered that the country was broke.
The President said, “You know the condition we are in now. I am sure with demands from home, in spite of what your effort is, you know we are really in trouble.

“We have tried to impose what we call Treasury Single Account. The reason is simple. This government did not initiate it, it was initiated by the previous government. But it was so unpopular to the bureaucracy, so the previous government for its own reasons, could not impose it.

“But when we came and we found out that we were broke, we said this is the way to do it.

“I will tell you two examples to convince you. Firstly, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation had more than 45 accounts. Ministry of Defence had more than 70 accounts. Tell me which Accountant-General can trace all these accounts?

“So, we imposed TSA. By the end of December, coming to January 2016, we mopped up more than N2.2trn which would have been used through bureaucratic system to raise vouchers and sign cheques so that they don’t go into the next budget.”

The President said Nigeria owed the United States and Britain a lot of appreciation for stopping the former administration from rigging the last presidential election.

He recalled that ahead of the elections, the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), urged the service chiefs and the then Inspector-General of Police to tell officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission that they could not guarantee their safety during the polls.

He said the then Chairman of INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, however, gave a comprehensive report at a meeting of the National Council of State, where he said he would be able to deliver, at least, 60 per cent free and fair election.
The President said as of that time, the country had never gone beyond 45 per cent.

He said it took the intervention of US Secretary of State, John Kerry, for the last administration to conduct credible election.

He said, “Then we insisted that election must be done according to the constitution.

“At this point again, I must hasten to thank the United States for sending the Secretary of State, Kerry, to go and read the riot act to the previous government and speak to Prof. Jega, the Chairman of INEC and speak to us as opposition that the US would not tolerate any election outside the Nigerian constitution.

“They maintained the pressure from that date until after the election and the formation of the new government.

“I think Nigerians honestly should thank the US for this. The same thing with Britain, they used all their experience and their powers to make sure that the Federal Government did not rig the last election.

“We thank God, we thank these super powers and we thank technology. Why we thank technology is because of the permanent voter cards and the card readers.”

Buhari said the issue of Diaspora voting had been coming up in all the countries he had visited since the inception of his administration.

Copyright PUNCH.
because you forced yourself to take the position that's not yours by lies,propaganda, tricks/cunning,and making the previous administration ungovernable

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by StOla: 9:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Because Nigeria needed a patriot at this defining moment.

We had tried a prison inmate who suddenly forgot about his sufferings. We also tried a PHD holder who grew up as a boy without shoes, but decided the poor should never have shoes while he frolicked with the cabal to acquire everything in sight.

So we looked back in nostalgia to remember a man who did not deny his rustic and ordinary upbringing despite holding sway in the most profitable positions in the army and nation.

You are a patriot who was deposed by the same people who facilitated your assumption to power after they executed their coup. Your only crime was that you were too enthusiastic about fighting corruption - a situation that would have prevented those military boys from having their hilltop mansions and having their kids play polo and also show off the latest fastest cars that Nigerian dilapidated roads wouldn't favour.

Even your political opponents campaigned inadvertently on your behalf. Instead of telling us what they had achieved as a government in the last 5years or as a ruling party in the last 16years, they rather promised that not until given the next term before we begin to see any service delivery from them.
They even derided your attempts to fight corruption and instil discipline in your military regime, thereby reminding us of their own celebration of corruption and determination not to change for the better if afforded another 4year term.

You came at the right time. Your's is the commission of a patriot, many will remember you for your selfless service, and you have over 3years to even do more to immortalize your legacy.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by tonychristopher: 9:27am On Feb 06, 2016
kilokeys:
Nigerians are just making me ashamed..

Did yarudua wail over OBJs incompetence?

Was OBJ the best?
We sit here and blame the past administration...
If it was that great, we wouldn't need change, would we?

Better come and work.. We know u don't have an agenda.. Just manage

We must see 1 dollar equate to 1 naira.

Leave the oil alone.
. We have agriculture, we have solid mineral resources

And most importantly we have abundant human resources..

Mtcheew.. I don vex

We must also see fuel sell 40 naira and see the lunch they promised the kids and above all we must see the 5k and 10k respectively to the jobless ones

One thing that make me glad daily is that I didn't buy those dummy they sold them ..never believed never voted

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Raymee(m): 9:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Pidggin:
You are facing all these problems because you are not the anointed one Sir.
he didn't know when he nearly cause trouble even before results were announced

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Topccy007:
Don't be discouraged Mr. President. Their intention is to frustrate your govt. cos they know you've got the interest of the masses at heart.
God will continue to grant you the wisdom to direct the affairs of this great country.

Keep up the good works.

Hehehehehe... U funny sha. Whose intention? Those who voted him in by this time or those who reduced oil prices, which one?

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by gogo2479: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Wahala de for this matter no be small. If Mr presido is already regretting, what does he expect his followers to do now. Hee Nigerian de for trouble no be small.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by udemzyudex(m): 9:31am On Feb 06, 2016
LOL... Baba sef Don buy wailing form.

For him to say this then I believe he have no plan of diversifying the economy , why bother about oil price when we have so many resources to profit from?

Gerrouthere menh

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by akinsuraj(m): 9:31am On Feb 06, 2016
appini:
He should then resign and go back to his cows in duara
so that u will take over and go back to business as usual oga work!

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by permanentgrace(m): 9:31am On Feb 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr. President.

In 1985 you were rudely interrupted by that guy called Babaginda, who actually started the downfall of Nigeria with so much introduction of corruption into the polity, Structural Adjustment Programme that took Nigeria 40 Years backward, and when he was leaving in a hurry gave us the spineless one called Shonekan, who in turn signed Nigeria to Abacha when men in Guns rounded him up in his Boxers Short in the Night.

Babangida made corruption an institution in Nigeria, only rivaled by the clueless one. A clueless one, so clueless it is even rumoured he copied some EXPO on his LAP to be able to pass his PHD exams.

And so PDP swore that Nigeria and Nigerians must suffer. If Nigeria was a girl, the way the PDP raped Nigeria would have made the girl permanently crippled. And so we took our Prayers to God , we cried to God to send us a Moses before the PDP rape us, to the extent that our legs will be cut off.

Unfortunately, you took over from a man who had already killed Nigeria, and you had to go to the Cemetary to wrestle the Coffin from him before he buried us.

And so God answered our Prayers.

And that is why you are the President.

Keep deceiving yourself. Just pray it wont be too late by the time you wake up from your slumber.

BTW, Buhari seems to be synonimous with failure. Oil price was booming and the moment he came in, we are now begging for even $30/barrel. Average citizens were sure of two square meals per day but today, one is not even sure of. I think he should just resign cos obviously he does not know what he's doing there.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by kilokeys(m): 9:32am On Feb 06, 2016
tonychristopher:

We must also see fuel sell 40 naira and see the lunch they promised the kids and above all we must see the 5k and 10k respectively to the jobless ones

One thing that make me glad daily is that I didn't buy those dummy they sold them ..never believed never voted

They were so focused on fighting and fighting
No plan, no tested agenda
Buhari was in for the ego..

Shebi we are in this together

. Before the condition of Nigeria brings me down..

50 million pple go don die.. Including masses here on nl

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Yeeyo: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2016
Pidggin:
live him, he is realy welcom 2 d thrown of reliaty wia talkin wil nt solve issue......
Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by tonychristopher: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
kilokeys:

They were so focused on fighting and fighting
No plan, no tested agenda
Buhari was in for the ego..

Shebi we are in this together

. Before the condition of Nigeria brings me down..

50 million pple go don die.. Including masses here on nl

Naso

I told them they said that I am igbo that I hate the man but I told them that I have not seen any blueprint from the kunu ducking and sipping man....they called for my head

I just laughed now they blame Jonathan ,blame ibb now they blame oil

I am been vindicated ..have you been to market lately ....the rate of inflation is terrible ..no masterplan ..the just blame blame blame

Thank lord the man has said it himself that he is awed and confused at this point in time

I am happy never trusted nor believed him

It's fun to be a wailing wailer you know

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Bamz(m): 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Pidggin:

Prophetess. How about you predict your own successes?

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by otitokoroleti: 9:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Pidggin:
fact.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by tonychristopher: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2016
udemzyudex:
LOL... Baba sef Don buy wailing form.

For him to say this then I believe he have no plan of diversifying the economic, why bother about oil price when we have so many resources to profit from?

Gerrouthere menh

He is a wailer by proxy ..he has taken off claiming vacation

Vacation ko
Vocation ni

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Gkemz: 9:39am On Feb 06, 2016
I know he never expected it perhaps thats why till now he's still sleeping. Baba its time to wake up

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by canalily(m): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Monkey de work baboon de chopangry U must rule. Stop petitioning cos u sought for it

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by jesussaves22: 9:43am On Feb 06, 2016
Did nigeria president said all this? If so we are finished because our so called annointed pilot is weak in physical and in spirit. Pls Mr President i have one advice for you. Resign now and take care of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2016
biafranking:
stop telling us cockk and bull stories. You said you were coming to fixed nigeria irrespective how the situation or condition of nigeria is.
You people messed up this country.this is what happen when country depends solely on crude oil.
mr man,seek the advise of able economist like pat utomi or invite ngozi okonjo iweala to sort things out.
As you can see,things re getting hot every blessed day dollar rises up.
I used to supplied A4 papers to business centre users when the price was btw 2900 to 3100naira highest,but now i cant do that again cos of dollar going up like skyscrappers.
You can imagine,1 carton of A4paper now is btw 5000 or 5100naira.
if you want to print your cv or document, they will charge ten naira for each copy now.
Buhari,you should have given other able men a chance from apc.not you,i dont want you as a president and i dont want jonathan either but somebody else that s able to listen to others.
#Why me? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by scachy(m): 9:43am On Feb 06, 2016
He probably thought that naija of 2015 is still d same like naija of 1983. Better wake n work

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by zendy: 9:44am On Feb 06, 2016
If the clueless gworo chewing cattle rearer doesn't know what he is doing due to prevailing times, let him resign and return to Daura. I'm sure his Cows miss him.

Buhari is a disaster

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Justicealh3(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2016
The End of the Government in Nigerian... Hahahahahgringringrin

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by tete7000(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
The reason why God allowed the president to rule now is so that he can learn sense and be humbled. He stayed outside criticising everyone and refused to coperate with past governments. He wouldnt coperate to end Bokoharam to the point the insurgents nominated him as their spokesman. He arrogated so much righteousness to himself and labelled everyone thieves and sinners.
They say the taste of pudding is in the eating. Let him now rule and be open to his type of viscious criticism he subjected others to. He should pray for his own forgiveness first before he intercedes for the rest of us.

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by kgr8mike(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2016
You have a population of over 170 million people @ your beck and call n u r complaining and asking why u became president @ this time. This population is enough resources than $500/barrel of oil if you know how to harness it.

Think inward. Think home. Think Nigeria. Think. Think and please think and stop going from country to country as though they hold the solution to our challenges.

How many times do u see Obama move around? Think home dear president.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by udemzyudex(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2016
tonychristopher:

He is a wailer by proxy ..he has taken off claiming vacation

Vacation ko
Vocation ni

Lol... He never expererit grin

This was not what he bargain for, I guess he thought his body odour will change everything he touch grin
Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by excel101(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Topccy007:
Why didn't vote in the anointed one? Since you've got the anointing to recognize anointed leaders.
. Don't u know dat as a candidate for president one really need to be prepared for the challenges of leadership nd not complaining, cos it will seem as though u dnt knw wat u're doing. Mr President lied to us in his campaign promises nd he's now letting us know why he can't fulfil those promises( by complaining of the problems left behind by the previous govt. Also Mr President never deemed it fit to apprec8 the former Govt. of what dey did thats right rather he completes whatever project dat was almost finished nd take the glory.. Mr president is the one causing the problems for himself.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2016
if not him,then who??....

should we just keep on with nonesense??....

buhari should shvt up and lead gods own....

or does buhari want the spirit world to come after him??....

dont forget the punishment of jona in the bible...god choose you,you can not just back off,,,......jona was eating by a fish.,,,buhari will be eating by the blacks,fresh!!.. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr. President.

In 1985 you were rudely interrupted by that guy called Babaginda, who actually started the downfall of Nigeria with so much introduction of corruption into the polity, Structural Adjustment Programme that took Nigeria 40 Years backward, and when he was leaving in a hurry gave us the spineless one called Shonekan, who in turn signed Nigeria to Abacha when men in Guns rounded him up in his Boxers Short in the Night.

Babangida made corruption an institution in Nigeria, only rivaled by the clueless one. A clueless one, so clueless it is even rumoured he copied some EXPO on his LAP to be able to pass his PHD exams.

And so PDP swore that Nigeria and Nigerians must suffer. If Nigeria was a girl, the way the PDP raped Nigeria would have made the girl permanently crippled. And so we took our Prayers to God , we cried to God to send us a Moses before the PDP rape us, to the extent that our legs will be cut off.

Unfortunately, you took over from a man who had already killed Nigeria, and you had to go to the Cemetary to wrestle the Coffin from him before he buried us.

And so God answered our Prayers.

And that is why you are the President.

Your brain needs overhauling. Your cynicism reeks to high heavens.

Your gibberish epistle in one word. MYOPIC!

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by seye005(m): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Always use your brain.
Anyi2015:
u better quite cos u dont knw wot ur doing dia
Re: I Didn’t Know Why I Came To Rule Now – Buhari by multicolored(f): 9:54am On Feb 06, 2016
Hehehehe......ochi atogbolam. ;DHehehehe......ochi atogbolam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Am Doing Fine' - Atiku Speaks From Dubai, Pictured With Ben Bruce / Where Are The Senators?: Channels TV Infographic / Amaechi Trends For Allegedly Saying Delegates Who Sold Votes Are Regretting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.