Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58635 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by hamilton62(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
Don't know any of his family member jailed anywhere around the world. If what Mr president said pain you,Tell your brothers to stay away from drug trafficking. Thank you.
Then let the wife, Aisha Buhari travel to UK you'll then see if she'll be in bars for the siemens and harliburton scandal... Make your research pls.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AyoolaIgwe(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
kenny987:

He spoke for himself and his family. Do u know them better than he does?
lolzzzzz...
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by luvinhubby(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Holuwakemmy16:
Proudly Nigerian
And an honest hardworking one too.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
#iamanigeriannotacriminal

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by emerged01(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Must we twist words? We all know the truth. Not by words can we rebrand Nigeria but by our positive attitude outside our country.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Missy89(f): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Truth hurts.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by tete7000(m): 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Buhari is ignorantly honest. He knows nothing about diplomacy. Thank God I didn't cast a vote for him. I didn't vote him and as such his utterances don't disturb me. I never expected less from a man ready to soak monkeys and baboons in blood.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by wegga(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
Anybody who has spent an extended time outside the shores of Nigeria can tell you that someone is sure to make a reference to crime within five minutes of stating you're Nigerian in any conversation.

All the righteous indignation in the world will not remove that taint. It is up to us to work hard to remove that stain and the first step to solving a problem is acknowledging it exists, not vehement denial.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by c900: 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerians have the highest population in Africa and are the most travelled. so no of crime committed mayb Higher than other African countries as a result of this. Nigeria govt should lobby for visa free travels for its citizens not make things hard for them. If not for those abroad many at home would ve died of hunger. Do you know how much is remitted back home every year? Pls make statement and policies to help those abroad and not make things difficult for them. Like lobby for work visas for graduates to. Nigerian citizens which will help in employment area etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nely77(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
dats not what I mean.
If you count the statistics of Crime commited by Africans in UK, it is commited mainly by Nigerians.
All this Scam of a thing.
That is the point Buhari wants to make.

He should have been more intelligent with the way he presents his points.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ojkalito(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
dats not what I mean.
If you count the statistics of Crime commited by Africans in UK, it is commited mainly by Nigerians.
All this Scam of a thing.
That is the point Buhari wants to make.
i get it he was trying to make a point but his words were wrongly structured,if he continues without properly evaluating his words he might end up shooting his own foot

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Deportation ti take over grin
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by otitokoroleti: 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I cant imagine you saying sh*t to me as if you are writing from heaven..
Please whatever the fvck you know about the west, just keep it to urself...

My other moniker is BeClever, check my Christmas write-ups on NL and see how I toured round the world with my family for holiday... I cant leave there for any reason except if Nigeria burns.

NB: you and I are not mates...

People commits crimes allover the world, so it's not only Nigerians..

I don't blame you, since it was your God who said you are a criminal and you accepted, why waste my time on you...

#IAmANigeriaNotACriminal
lol, calm down & dnt wast ur data replying underage. d guy u quote must be in secondary skul & we have lots of them on this forum. I'm not surprised that they cant comprehend simple english

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ibietela2(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mollydee88:
Nigerians; Because you have Biased support for someone..Whatever he says wrongly; You blindly support..
Stop following blindly...
Never will an enlightened leader open his mouth and talk loosely of his followers that voted him into power..
How saintly is he trying to portray...

And let me set the record straight to your face..
Crime is universal; but you won't hear an Obama speaking loosely or negative about his citizens..
Talk less of Mugabe of Zimbabwe..
Nigerians wake up and say NO to all these image battering by our president..

Obama? You didn't call his PM MODI or the president of Mexico and Columbia, Brazil
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by biafranbaby(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
see what backstabbing SW imposed on us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by kennyjodeci(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
@op, Just say Igbos/WAILERS ranting nonsense on social media. The president didn't lie,he just spoke the bitter truth.

God bless Nigeria.

*Before you quote me,make sure you've ever crossed your village*

Stupid comment... Leave ipob outta please

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by megaweight(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mr president will this make the west like us more? This so not presidential.#irepnaijaforlife. Obama will never say this neither will putin or cameron. Cases like this make me respect mugabe alot . Stop trashtalking your country.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ibietela2(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
abbey621:
Can someone show me exactly where the president called all Nigerians criminals? Are we so filled up with sentiments in this country that we can't separate the truth from plain manipulation! What the president was trying to say is simple. Nigerians should stop seeking asylum abroad because such privileges have been abused by their countrymen in the past due to drug trafficking and other criminal acts. Is this far from the truth? Especially in UK, Nigerians are increasingly filling up the prison system, I dare anybody to bring up facts that are contrarian! Perhaps we feel it's better to be politically correct than being honest but we all know with PMB he speaks from the heart.

What you are trying to say is the President of Cameron going to France to say that they are criminals because their fellow countrymen has abuse the privilege of staying in France.............. Right?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by anwo247: 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Buhari's mind is too small to be president. In the north, he would have been a good Local Govt Chairman.

#Goat

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Mamatee07: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
so who are the criminals everyone claims not to be criminals yet Nigerians are getting caught for different crimes all over the world everyday. Instead of getting hurt and making noise on twitter about getting called criminals how about we put that energy into changing our Image all over the world. Buhari simply said what majority of the world thinks of us

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
ibietela2:

What you are trying to say is the President of Cameron going to France to say that they are criminals because their fellow countrymen has abuse the privilege of staying in France.............. Right?

Learn to read please! The president was responding to a group of Nigerians claiming life is hard for them abroad and the president responded by saying it would be hard for them to be treated better abroad due to the damages caused by their fellow Nigerians engaging in criminal acts abroad. Now tell me did the president lie? Or do you want the president to give them false hope?

6 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by wristbangle: 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Elosky20:
am yet to see where he called all nigerians abroad criminals.
people trying to make a mountain from a mole hill.

Brother, I wonder oo!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by wisest10: 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
I know many will suport d president,but wait o ar u a criminal, someone called nigeria a zoo, u put him in prison, some called d president, God of d north u put him in prison, and d person arresting odas has called nigerians criminal, will he put him self in prison? Coz i know if someone else has said smting lyk dis he would hav bin in jail by now, and whoch home is he asking d people to return to,is it d home dat many are roaming d street wit certificates or is it d home dat d cost of evritin is increasing even in hard times, where does he want them to start, he promised #5000, has he fufilled it? He promise to end bokoharam in three month, instead killing has increase? He promise to make d economy godd instead price keep increasin, first d prise of flour, d cost of depositing money in banks, d cost of kerosene is shaking, electricity tariff has increase and we dnt know d next one, he is asking dose abroad to come and rebuild d country, has d one at home started rebuilding, he has not handled d one at home instead he is asking d ones he called criminals to come back, how will he b able to cope? And some pple are supporting him, he said a truth which he him self know is a lie, y as barrack obama not come out to say america is a country full of those who take hard drugs? D drugs he said are carried, who do they carry it for...chaiiiiiiiii , if nigerians are criminals then kanu is nt wrong, coz he said nigeria is a zoo, in oda word a prison and only criminals are mostly found in prisons......

#iamnotacriminal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Buhari always try to be the only holy man in Nigeria. He can compromise Nigerians future for his reputation.

Reminds me of a guy that always made me look like a fool anytime he sees a girl.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by zemaik(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigeria has been raped in Buhari. This is just the beginning of birth pangs. Very soon the zombies will overcome the shame of their mistake and join in castigating this undue Head of State. Why? More rubbish are coming up from PMB.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Mamatee07: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
biafranbaby:
see what backstabbing SW imposed on us

Backstabbing for what making our choice You guys throw words around without understanding the meaning. Most of the SW had been in opposition way before GEJ yet we still voted the same GEJ the first time while we didn't even vote our our Obasanjo. You can only backstab someone you have a deal with and we never made a deal with anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by udemzyudex(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
by foreign criminals from Africa? Yes.

Where did u get your stats from?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by wristbangle: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
sameer1212:
If what Mr president said pain you,tell your brothers to desist from embarrassing us and stop doing drug trafficking.

God bless u brother.

When I checked PMB statement, I never saw where he vehemently stated that Nigerians are criminals. He only advice Nigerians in abroad to desist from illegal acts. Look at the way these dim nitwits are wailing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Senator Bassey Albert Wearing Only One Shoe At NASS Yesterday (Photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings, Blames Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Video Of Fulani Men Carrying AK47 In Katsina In Presence Of Army Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.