Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? (31364 Views)

Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV. / Mammoth Crowd As Cross River Holds Maiden Cultural Festival. / Searching For Affordable Vendors For An Upcoming Wedding In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you

ask Prophet Muhammad (saw)... Islam is beautiful..
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by timidapsin(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
bouncers

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by nairamaverick(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Produce and distribute 150 invitation card and make sure only those with IV are allowed in.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by flokii: 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
grin

trust Nigerians... mogbo moya thingz

@OP are from Ijebu?.. just asking

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by hakeem4(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Invite no Yoruba woman

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by drnairalov: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

The 2nd point got me laughing,enter with IV kwa
With this 4th point,does that mean no church wedding ni?

there are actually weddings were u show IV's especially all those big societal weddings

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Jolumania432(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
cheesy Organize the wedding in a small Hall and Gather anof Soldier in front of the Hall, jst let dem knw dat the occasion is strictly by invitation

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Strictly By Invitation!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by drealnamdy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Go to dubai

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MyLady11(m): 8:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
Where is d venue? Am coming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by martineinstein(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
Invite only your family members and keep it low...or do to pastor's office and do the wedding there... Don't print invitation card

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by yommys01(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
I am in the same dilemma as you mate. My wedding comes up in 2 weeks. I don't want more than 500 people but it seems we will have double of that.

It is annoying and tough especially when no one is really supporting.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Strongbest(m): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
Habba op, don't be selfish! I bet if others were to be like me your wish will be so granted as you will end up having just you, wifey to be and the priest in attendance. I hardly attend weddings. lolss. Well, when karma comes knocking I will understand. grin

ww.nairaland.com/1798724

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by martineinstein(m): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
MyLady11:
Where is d venue? Am coming
don't come o.. He doesn't have money o
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sukkot: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
bros just want enter hell voluntarily. well, thas life. hopefully you are not a cab driver in america

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by frankblinkz(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
broz u broke ooo....forget dat outside thing u dey,person wey dey congo too dey outside...b like say u neva jam aboki wey they sew shoes dem pack with dia friendz cm d wedding, them no need invitation na
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you
You can't dodge the crowd my brother. Because if one knows about your day, he can add in another 20 to his list, now multiply that to friends and friends of friends. Meanwhile the owambes are not included. Just don't trust anyone in Nigeria particularly your immediate family who says he reasons with your idea because by the time things fall apart, you will be left on your own
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MyLady11(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
martineinstein:
don't come o.. He doesn't have money o
Just to chop rice and drink coke. That's all. I promise not to spend kobo in d naming if that's wat u want. I wount spend money I promise.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by petiteee(f): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:

shocked ow on earth do u wanto achive all that in one day undecided
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Ishilove: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
yommys01:
I am in the same dilemma as you mate. My wedding comes up in 2 weeks. I don't want more than 500 people but it seems we will have double of that.

500?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Ishilove: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
sukkot:
bros just want enter hell voluntarily. well, thas life. hopefully you are not a cab driver in america
What hell?
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by martineinstein(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
yommys01:

y can't u do the wedding without printing invitation cards?.. Or just do the wrong at potatoes pastor's office

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Medunah: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:
oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay
No now, how can u marry me and leave me here in Nigeria while u based in another country? It's either we both stay here in Nigeria or we both go there.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by truetalknow: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pray it rains heavily, I bet you you will get just 200 people trust me, ita happened to me. Lol
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by don4real18(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Use only black and red to decorate the reception and see people take to their heels
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
if the lady's family will be ok with just registry, then do your intro & engagement with just family members and go to court for legal part. Wedding done finish be that, you won't even be upto 200.
If na old generation church(I no sabi our new churches dem, especially Pentecostal, no vex), just tell the minister through the lady's parent that you want quiet wedding, they have no choice but to accept, only few officers of the church will be on sit, and some youths for setup, no public announcement during service.
However, if family no gree, especially her siblings or oloriebi dem, you have no choice ooo. Most times, parent no get say for their pikin matter when marriage land oo, na all dose iyas, babas and siblings dey form pass, but if na family wey no dey used to their extended family, then I think you can have a quiet wedding.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by good4love: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Organise ur wedding in gwoza town in maiduguri grin grin grin na u go even beg people to come ur wedding reception

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by danidee10(m): 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Simple do the wedding on monday morning of the week they pay salary grin

And make it by invite only

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sukkot: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:

What hell?
carrying a woman from naija to wherever he at. well hopefully he is not one of these cab drivers in america who bring women from the village and then the woman gets to america and discovers he is not balling like she thinks he is and she gets angry and the marriage crumbles and is full of anger and violence and eventually divorce or one of em kills the other. happens all the time

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:

When you invite the whole world to advise you on an important thing, you must be prepared for positive and negative comments alike.
Shebi someone has advised you not to take your wife abroad. . . now you have seen the advise you are looking for. It's not every issue you bring online, otherwise the devil himself will come and give you his own advise. That's my 50 kobo.... goodluck.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Rocks Isiagu And Agbada In Traditional Wedding Photos / Onitsha Ofala Youth Carnival 2018 In Pictures / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.