Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? (31363 Views)

Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV. / Mammoth Crowd As Cross River Holds Maiden Cultural Festival. / Searching For Affordable Vendors For An Upcoming Wedding In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Paentera:
If you're bearing the bulk of wedding expenses, simply let your wife-to-be know your budget and that you will drop only that amount. Any extra spending will have ro come from her & her family.

For those referring to the wife being Yoruba, I suspect majority are unmarried hence the the faulty haste to conclusion. In Yoruba culture, the bride's side of the family cater for guests thus OP, if indeed your madam is Yoruba & her family are well off & are open to hosting the wedding reception etc, you'll come to the conclusion that its almost so much ado about nothing.

Alternatively, get her pregnant & see how the family will quickly arrange low key wedding without inviting many people. cool

This last point should work out though...lol
Belle lo le seeeegrin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 6:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Medunah:

Dats her anyway. Call me insecure but my own fiance must be based in Nigeria cos i can't wait for nobody. He should now marry me, impregnate nd abandon me here in Nigeria. How sure am I dat he hasn't or wont marry a white girl over there? Just the way u guys are saying u can't trust Nigerian girls u take over dere is the same way we also can't trust u guys who marry nd leave us here!

So for me, its by fire by force
Babes are not smilinggrin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by uhiochris1(m): 7:01am On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
don't try the bolded. Thank or curse me later in future.

You already know Nigeria party na. especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan)

The only option is to rent a good hall with security and it will be only with IV pass.

That's the only solution make it based on IV but he might turnout to be the wicked and stingy type after the security must have bounced out like 100 extra people
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Nemie: 7:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you

Your best bet is to move the wedding to a totally distant state, like Kano or calabar unless of cause the family are based there. The whole strictly by invitation plan won't work because 1 invitation card can be used by up to 20 ppl unless u plan to make it one iv per person which in my opinion is not realistic

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by coache(m): 7:08am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you
OP fix the wedding on a working day and let the venue be very far from her church. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by bendike: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2016
Have you considered hiring a cooling truck for your drinks in your up coming wedding. Holla me 08060244395
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I too have heard horror stories BUT I still think the good overweighs the bad. I encourage anyone that has a serious and fully vetted significant other to take steps to united them overseas. What the heck is the point of having someone overseas when the other party is in Nigeria.

Here are some pointers.

If the girlfriend has inferiority complex and is bleaching in Nigeria
If the girlfriend has the latest phones from Samsung, Apple and Blackberry while still in "school"
If the girlfriend knows the names of many local politicians PA
If the boyfriend is going to consider the girlfriend his property when she gets to USA/UK
If the girlfriend already displays tendencies of rudeness to her immediate family

So I think the fault mainly lies with the Men who don't take eye go market. The get involved and blinded with flash and overlook the core competence areas required of a Wife.

May Allah guide us in the righteous path.
lol @ your points grin
Reality is there anyway.

Only God can truly guide us tru.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by drnoel: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:

Marry her in court and tradition in naija. Take her over to ur base and marry her in church. Then do ur after wedding party in naija. U won't be there to see if the money u sent for the party was enof or not. A friend of mine did this for his wedding and claimes he saved lots of money.

Just pull ur people on the ear and warn them severely not to go borrowing in ur name so as to accrue bills on ur head that u may have to pay after the wedding. Na that time u go see bills running into millions and ya eye go clear.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2016
uhiochris1:

That's the only solution make it based on IV but he might turnout to be the wicked and stingy type after the security must have bounced out like 100 extra people
lol
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by matrixme(m): 7:47am On Feb 08, 2016
My sincere advise, man up and do your wedding as usual. You could have people very unforgiving over issues like this. This is Africa and even God said to give what belongs to Caesar to Ceaser. At the end of the day, you could end up regretting a private wedding.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by benedictac(f): 7:52am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:

Get a good event planner and tell her what you want and be rest assured u will get it. But just travel back with ur wife from the reception oh coz the ones wey go chop u raw outside plenty pass the ones inside. Lol. wish u the best bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MyLady11(m): 7:54am On Feb 08, 2016
herboshedhe:

Biscuit kwagrin
Lwkm o
Even na coaster biscuit #5 own (2 per person)
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Medunah: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2016
ronald4lif:

It's not an act of insecurity if a woman insist she lives together with her hubby, it's her right and the most apt thing to do, couple should live together.

The problem is that some women have abuse it and prompted guys to leave their women in Nigeria. And about impregnating women and leaving them home isn't abandoning per say, as they frequently wire money to take care of them. No one abandons their wives and kids.

And no man likes to live separately with their woman, everyone loves to live together with their spouse. That's the point of getting married, live together. Some guys just don't bring their wife instantly until after a kids or two prolly to gauge her character and be certain she won't be troublesome. So, eventually these wives still join their hubby.

True, there are some guys who are married to whites but the marriage is usually a temporal engagement until they secure their complete paperwork. Such men can marry in Nigeria and leave their wives home until they secure what they want before considering she joins him. Is that a problem?
For some, its not a problem
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by miracleedwards: 7:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Do the traditional marriage and the wedding on Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 7:58am On Feb 08, 2016
MyLady11:
Even na coaster biscuit #5 own (2 per person)
Lwkm
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by ogawisdom(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:

Rent a hall for 200 capacity and serve only ppl inside d hall, grin works all d time
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MyLady11(m): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2016
herboshedhe:

Lwkm
The couple no fit kill demsef nau. Dem no wan s*x before marriage, that's why dey do quick wedding
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by cho25bc(f): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2016
As long as u are not d Op, u got no business wit comment. Besides,u can start teaching people u can identify in ur area dat need comprehension.Fortunately, I'm not one of dem
afroxyz:

You seriously need lessons on reading comprehension.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2016
MyLady11:

The couple no fit kill demsef nau. Dem no wan s*x before marriage, that's why dey do quick wedding

Its not a small something my sister
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by ninjatoyta87: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
don't try the bolded. Thank or curse me later in future.

You already know Nigeria party na. especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan)

The only option is to rent a good hall with security and it will be only with IV pass.
my brother just buy six bags of rice and nutri c dat will b mixed iin water, because ur body go tell u 4 dis wedding
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MrRhymes101(m): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:

The best way is to get a good MC.....ME grin google COMEDIAN MR RHYMES to watch some of my videos. Thanks
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Send limited IV and don't place a venue on the IV. Instead make use of a converging point. Situate a couple of buses there to convey everyone with IV to the venue. Place a network killer device around the venue so no calls can be made inside the venue.
Thank me later
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Valjinn(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2016
As easy as possible, just think outside the box.
Let's do it this way, 1. you stay abroad, meaning that you are not famous in your church, why letting your wife drag you to her church?
2. Put the wedding on Saturday as usual Let her pastor and other close church workers visit if need be.
3. After the wedding proceed to your wife's family for the intro and traditional wedding proper, no need for Hall, entertain your guests there.
If this did not cut cost for you, that means you're not ready for Nigeria marriage. Then apply the second option
1. Do introduction and monetize your traditional wedding (no much entertainment, just both families and few friends )
2. Take your wife abroad and do white wedding, their wedding saves a lot of cost because no "owambe" only friends for after wedding party and they are likely to support financially.

Just helping a fellow man, cos I'm preparing mine this Easter but hadn't option of abroad, would've grab it if I do.
God help us "MEN"!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Disiboboy(m): 9:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Haba plenty talk from every where. Jes do ur wedding on a weekday nd many people will not attend it e.g Monday

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sewinton: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2016
U can actually control the number of guests dat would b attending, especially from ur fiancee's church. Dis is how to go abt it. U and fiancee shld talk to the minister in charge that u want wedding to be a low key, because of the financial constraints that u ar having (u will let know of ur plan of takin ur wife wit u after d weddin and d finance involved) dat u dnt want the wedding to be announced in the church and if at all it will be announced, it shld be done within the church workers, if it happens that d workers ar so much, then each group that makes up d general church workers shld give reps, it culd 5 pple or less dependin on their nos. The pastor incharge has an important role to play in dis and dat's helping u to lay emphasis among d workers dat it's a low key so pple won't feel otherwise. It has worked for a large no of pple dat I knw and I believe it will work for u because d pastor can't do contrary to wot u want and if he feels ur wife Is a figure in d church dat mustnt have dat, then he shld be ready to take up the whole responsibility.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by VISTIN(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2016
It depends on who plans the wedding for you.

You'll be surprised that the difference in taking care of extra 200 hundred guests might not be up to N100,000.

You start minimising your cost from the renting of hall. If you want 200 hundred guests, get a hall for that (people come and people go)but budget food and drink for over 300.

make engagement and introduction a family affair (both families only).

Don't ask people not to Come but do less broadcast.
Above all, pray for God to provide, marriage comes with Blessings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by dasparrow: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2016
@Post

Have the wedding abroad. That way, party crashers will have no access to the wedding venue. Shikena!
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by blank(f): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2016
You can just do the wedding abroad and then you can limit the number of guests you have.

I did mine in UK cos i was running away from crowd.

I budgeted for 150 people in UK and i got 300plus this is still in UK. You can imagine if it had been Naija.

We had to buy pizza for my friends as the food was not enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=herboshedhe post=42720699][/quote]

?
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by samuelgambo(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2016
oboy as u don't want to have great gathering in your wedding why not hold your wedding in your bedroom and restricted the invitation only to your father and mother and your father in law and mother in law
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2016
samuelgambo:
oboy as u don't want to have great gathering in your wedding why not hold your wedding in your bedroom and restricted the invitation only to your father and mother and your father in law and mother in law

gringringrin
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Chukky86: 10:30am On Feb 08, 2016
Make everybody wear uniform for thr wedding.. I mean aso ebi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Rocks Isiagu And Agbada In Traditional Wedding Photos / Onitsha Ofala Youth Carnival 2018 In Pictures / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.