Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? (31370 Views)

Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV. / Mammoth Crowd As Cross River Holds Maiden Cultural Festival. / Searching For Affordable Vendors For An Upcoming Wedding In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Mcayofficial: 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you
don't try the bolded. Thank or curse me later in future.

You already know Nigeria party na. especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan)

The only option is to rent a good hall with security and it will be only with IV pass.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Cutehector(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seems she may be frm yoruba grin

Urm wedding isn't smth u"d Wana restrict guests to a certain number, cuz it's her day as well, not urs only. The money dat u"d want to use to take her along with u abroad which u complained will cost a lot of money will be so much ok to have a moderate wedding here in Nigeria and change sef will remain..

So dnt be pennywise and pound foolish at d same time. U hav to talk to u wife abt it, she has to convince her family members especially her parents she doesn't want a huge wedding.

If not, mehn, I really dnt see ur wish being granted.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:

You already know Nigeria party na especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan)
I reason with your point,but what do you suggest to them?

Cos I've got no idea on what to advise,mere looking@the members of the wife's church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Obinovictor(m): 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Your number one point will make it almost impossible. You just have to let it be but with proper planning to minimize cost. You can't limit the invitees, that day means a lot to your fiancee. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by samhay: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:

You already know Nigeria party na. especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan
The only option is to rent a good hall with security and it will be only with IV pass.

Tangible reason u said dis bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by samhay: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
So, person no fit organize private ceremony? Make i sit down and read comments

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

I reason with your point,but what do you suggest to them?

Cos I've got no idea on what to advise,mere looking@the members of the wife's church
it will be difficult for the op to archive that plan especially if the they are Yoruba's and you know how we Yoruba's do party.

It will look somehow if the wife don't invite her church members but there is a way to go about it.

1. Choose a far venue, probably another state.

2. Use a nice hall with full security (show your iv before u enter)

3. Do the wedding low key without inviting much people and budget another spending for entertainment the next Sunday for Thanksgiving and use the opportunity to satisfy your wife church members

4. Follow the holy book and tie the knot with just u, pastor and two witness

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Mcayofficial: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:

You already know Nigeria party na. especially if they know say the husband no base Nigeria. I doubt your 200 won't turn to 500 (your wife church members alone gan)

don't try the bolded. Thank or curse me later in future...please make this clearer to me bro,thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:
it will be difficult for the op to archive that plan especially if the they are Yoruba's and you know how we Yoruba's do party.

It will look somehow if the wife don't invite her church members but there is a way to go about it.

3. Do the wedding low key without inviting much people and budget another spending for entertainment the next Sunday for Thanksgiving and use the opportunity to satisfy your wife church members

The 2nd point got me laughing,enter with IV kwa
With this 4th point,does that mean no church wedding ni?
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Mcayofficial: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Seems she may be frm yoruba grin

Urm wedding isn't smth u"d Wana restrict guests to a certain number, cuz it's her day as well, not urs only. The money dat u"d want to use to take her along with u abroad which u complained will cost a lot of money will be so much ok to have a moderate wedding here in Nigeria and change sef will remain..

So dnt be pennywise and pound foolish at d same time. U hav to talk to u wife abt it, she has to convince her family members especially her parents she doesn't want a huge wedding.

If not, mehn, I really dnt see ur wish being granted.
The money dat u"d want to use to take her along with u abroad which u complained will cost a lot of money will be so much ok to have a moderate wedding here in Nigeria and change sef will remain....I don't understand this point of yours' bro,biko expantiate further,thank you
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by samhay: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:

Love dat number 3 and 4.

LMAO @security and IV.

E go surprise u as pple go do foto copy of ur IV, carry come

26 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
samhay:

Tangible reason u said dis bro
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by 9iceX(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
Just on different thought.. I really doubt the possibility of trying to limit the number of attendees. There must be other available options like that which someone highlighted above... "Entrance strictly on provision of IV"

Yeah, crazy tho'
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mcayofficial:

don't try the bolded. Thank or curse me later in future...please make this clearer to me bro,thanks

oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

The 2nd point got me laughing,enter with IV kwa
With this 4th point,does that mean no church wedding ni?
is there anything like church or mosque wedding? Capital NO if we follow the Bible and Quran.

All we just do is to waste cash and let people talk about how expensive our wedding was but the most important thing is to marry legally with with ness and clergyman that will join both of you together. The rest na 'jara"

28 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
samhay:

Love dat number 3 and 4.

LMAO @security and IV.

E go surprise u as pple go do foto copy of ur IV, carry come
lol
Nigerians are smart sha but there is something that will make u recognize fake and original(if truly you want to stand on strictly IV)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:
is there anything like church or mosque wedding? Capital NO if we follow the Bible and Quran.

All we just do is to waste cash and let people talk about how expensive our wedding was but the most important thing is to marry legally with with ness and clergyman that will join both of you together. The rest na 'jara"

Oooooshey
Though its easier said than done o,I wish OP all the best sha

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

Oooooshey
Though its easier said than done o,I wish OP all the best sha
are u the op wife to be angry
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:
Lol We look alike ni?
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by samhay: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:

See agarawu23 trying to lure Op into extra marital affair grin grin
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
It's gonna be a tough one. The onus really lies with your fiancee. Her church members alone will take up most of the '200'.

If she can't convince her family that she wants a lowkey wedding then I don't think your wish will be granted.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
herboshedhe:

Lol
We look alike ni?
anything is possible on nairaland grin

samhay:

See agaraw u23 trying to lure Op into extra marital affair grin grin
me ke! no put me for "gbege" cheesy
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=agarawu23 post=42712749]anything is possible on nairaland grin
Bros,no rope me o,I'm just being concerned o,I just pity the wife,cos her church members sef don enter 300,so low key things go hard small
OP sef no mention his own family and friends yet,as well as wife's friends too...increase your target to 500 o,runs outa threadgrin
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by agarawu23(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=herboshedhe post=42712890][/quote] the op should forget lowkey cos it won't work in this his case....
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by AlienStar: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Take ur wedding to a distance place, where only family members n interested close friends will attend.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by brunofarad(m): 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Buy dogs
Mount them at the reception gate.

Then leave them to do the job for u grin

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by An0nimus: 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
A friend did her wedding strictly on invitation and she's happily married today. You've heard from the others OP, do the wedding in another state. infact, if her family is in Lagos, move the wedding to Calabar.

Or do the wedding strictly on IV, people might complain but you know your pocket. If you go broke after wedding over 95% of them will look the other way

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by rollUP(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
The only way u can reduce guests in ur wedding is when it's strictly by invitation.

But I'm sure ur wife's parents especially mom won't agree to dat. Cos women like to dey show off for wedding.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Bugatie(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bros just do registry/civil marriage then take your guests to a private reception, after that on Sunday, go with your wife to the church for blessing and thanksgiving

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by drnairalov: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
make ur aso ebi expensive maybe

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by holluwai(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
This guy wicked o

Like say you no chop rice for other people wedding in the past.

The more the merrier grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Rocks Isiagu And Agbada In Traditional Wedding Photos / Onitsha Ofala Youth Carnival 2018 In Pictures / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.