Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? (31365 Views)

Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV. / Mammoth Crowd As Cross River Holds Maiden Cultural Festival. / Searching For Affordable Vendors For An Upcoming Wedding In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Rubyventures: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Sanchase:
This is a bitter truth, 95 percent of Nigerian girls taken abroad by their spouse end up in failed marriage.

My guy if you can manage to keep the gal ln naija and visit her every 4 months then send her $100 every month your dignity will last forever.

A wife that will cheat on you abroad will also cheat on you in Nigeria. The best advice you can give to the Op is get to know your wife to be very well, make sure there is no boyfriend waiting in the corner to come over.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by taemilola(f): 11:00am On Feb 08, 2016
If u don't want a big wedding, the first thing u will do is to cancel a church wedding and go to registry instead. Then about your engagement, agree with ur to be to talk to her parents. No invitation cards, go to the registry first, come back for engagement, u will definitely meet up.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Zedaii: 11:20am On Feb 08, 2016
My two suggestions are:

- Send out invites to your wedding like a week before it or even a few days before. Many won't turn up because of the short notice.

- Like many have said, do your wedding on a week day.

You can make your choice from the above options.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Hargusto(m): 11:43am On Feb 08, 2016
ITS EASY........JUST PUT THE WEDDING FOR MONDAY....AND IT WILL SURE REDUCE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE COS NO ONE JOKES WITH WORK ON MONDAY BUT SUM WILL FIND TIME TO COME WICH WILL REDUCE PPLE FOR U
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by missagbaa(f): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
if you have done your court wedding.and you are sure you want to take ur wife to ur base. then take her to ur base first and do a quiet and simple wedding there.#myopinion#

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sunshine1974(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
So because of food, dey will jazz u ba? Don't believe in black magic though
fortune1968:
Caution !That's the Genesis of some people marital /life problems .Some people don't have single mind .Please, This is Nigeria and Africa. !
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Oghumu1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
I'll advice u to use this method, my pastor's bro used it and it worked for him. Print an invitation card to the number of people u want to invite with their seats numbered on it, then get a medium hall that will carry the 200 people. Let the number of chairs not exceed 210 in case. Get bouncers to be at the entrance and it should be strictly by invitation.. Happy married life grin .
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sukkot: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ishilove:

So you support long distance marriage
nope lol.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by cc150615(f): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay
Nd if he has sth permanent doing there with no plans of coming back soon in view?
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Damieadeh(f): 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you
Go to Church very early in the morning for church wedding and do engagement alongside with reception in the afternoon.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by kingPINN(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Mcayofficial:
Please help me fellow nairalanders
I'm in a confused state of mind as I type this,I and my fiancee are planning to get married soon this year God willing,I'm presently out of the country,while my wife to be is in Nigeria,we really don't wanna exceed 200invitees in attendance on our wedding day,but here are some limitations to this:

1. My wife to be is a worker in a big church,where she's an active one
2. Her family members might not support this,as they tend to love parties from their end
3. I'm planning on taking her along with me to the country where I'm based presently,so as to settle down there,all these will gulp cash,and we are trying to be very conservative with our spendings as well

Please we need your matured advice as on how to go about this,our plans include church wedding,introduction,engagement and reception in a day...Thank you

I suggest you schedule the wedding on a Monday morning and would be strictly by invitation.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Mackson01: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
You are not mature for marriage yet if you cannot take decision that affect your life. You are thinking of what people will feel. Your wife and family must be aware of how you want your things. Do a parlour wedding and disappear with your wife. No story

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by johnpaulsly: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello Mcayofficial,

From experiences by His grace your desires are achievable. For details you can reach me on johnpaulsly@yahoo.com.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by highpappy: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay

I just couldn't let this slide. Please OP do not listen to this person and if you have to listen or take his advice, know that the person is not talking with any fact.

The fact is that you don't have to bring a woman abroad before she cheats. She can cheat even in your village. So the suggestion to go to naija to stay with your wife is just bull. A woman that cheats on her husband after traveling abroad have the tendency to cheat anywhere anyway.

Also contary to what this person want you to believe that "majority" of those that relocated their wife abroad regretted it, the reverse is actually the case. Majority of individuals that relocated their wife are enjoying it or are no different than those that marries where they are based. Those that are regretting or regretted it are in minority. Don't let this person screw you up with his own experience, albeit not a direct a direct one.

As much as you will be made to believe, most of these people that regretted relocating their wife abroad plays a bigger part in turning their marriages to whatever they are.

Many will bring their wifes abroad but still treat them like they are still in Nigeria. He will expect the wife to cook, do laundry, take care of the kids even though they are both working the the usual 8 or 12 hrs shift. They will not say these but blame the wife when she gets tired if the injustice and decides to step out.

Also most of these men cheats on their wife with thir Akatas but blame the fact that they relocated their wife when the wife reciprocate.

Some men are lazy. They bring their wife abroad, watch the wife go to school and become a nurse or whatever. Meanwhile the man is still hustling with his security job. Yawa then gash when the woman started making more than the man, the transporter, himself. Is is right for the woman to change on her husband cos thean makes less than her, absolutely no. But shit we are all human ego comes with wealth. Not fair but the man should have improve himself too. Just saying.

Even a horrible husband that doesn't fit to be a husband, even by western standard, will blame everything on the fact that he brought his wife abroad.

Is it true that some women cheat on their husband after arriving abroad, yes. But heck that woman will cheat even if she is in Nigeria or her village. It's not the abroad thing, it is an intrinsic, personal thing.

And anytime one comes to tell you about how people are regretting their wife coming abroad, ask the person about the "saint" husband whose only mistake was bring his wife abroad.

Until some men start to realize that one of the sacrifice of living abroad is that you can't live just like in naija. That you lose a little bit of your patriarch power, especially when you have a wife that warrant that. May be then we will start being objective about the true reason behind why some women change after traveling abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by highpappy: 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
@topic

My suggestions:

1. Have your wedding in a hall and by invitation. A lot of people have suggested this. It makes sense. I know the hall is an added expenditures but you have gotta chose your battle.

2. Since your ultimate goal is for your wife to be with you, you can do just the introduction that will involve the families and go to registry with your wife and the needed witnesses. You can get the certificate and necessary pictures you will need to file for your wife's relocation. After couple of years, with your combine assests, you can come back and do the wedding the way both of you want.

3. I know one of the excuses people use is "a pastor or woli told us not to have a flamboyant wedding". Since most people are so gullible when it comes to pastor or alfa, they won't be upset if you don't invite them
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
highpappy:

I just couldn't let this slide. Please OP do not listen to this person and if you have to listen or take his advice, know that the person is not talking with any fact.

The fact is that you don't have to bring a woman abroad before she cheats. She can cheat even in your village. So the suggestion to go to naija to stay with your wife is just bull. A woman that cheats on her husband after traveling abroad have the tendency to cheat anywhere anyway.

Also contary to what this person want you to believe that "majority" of those that relocated their wife abroad regretted it, the reverse is actually the case. Majority of individuals that relocated their wife are enjoying it or are no different than those that marries where they are based. Those that are regretting or regretted it are in minority. Don't let this person screw you up with his own experience, albeit not a direct a direct one.

As much as you will be made to believe, most of these people that regretted relocating their wife abroad plays a bigger part in turning their marriages to whatever they are.

Many will bring their wifes abroad but still treat them like they are still in Nigeria. He will expect the wife to cook, do laundry, take care of the kids even though they are both working the the usual 8 or 12 hrs shift. They will not say these but blame the wife when she gets tired if the injustice and decides to step out.

Also most of these men cheats on their wife with thir Akatas but blame the fact that they relocated their wife when the wife reciprocate.

Some men are lazy. They bring their wife abroad, watch the wife go to school and become a nurse or whatever. Meanwhile the man is still hustling with his security job. Yawa then gash when the woman started making more than the man, the transporter, himself. Is is right for the woman to change on her husband cos thean makes less than her, absolutely no. But shit we are all human ego comes with wealth. Not fair but the man should have improve himself too. Just saying.

Even a horrible husband that doesn't fit to be a husband, even by western standard, will blame everything on the fact that he brought his wife abroad.

Is it true that some women cheat on their husband after arriving abroad, yes. But heck that woman will cheat even if she is in Nigeria or her village. It's not the abroad thing, it is an intrinsic, personal thing.

And anytime one comes to tell you about how people are regretting their wife coming abroad, ask the person about the "saint" husband whose only mistake was bring his wife abroad.

Until some men start to realize that one of the sacrifice of living abroad is that you can't live just like in naija. That you lose a little bit of your patriarch power, especially when you have a wife that warrant that. May be then we will start being objective about the true reason behind why some women change after traveling abroad.
Lovely!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by oshaosha2014(m): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Well done! Because of this powerful write up of yours, the OP will successfully make a powerful mistake of his life. You have done well, and Nigeria is proud of you.

highpappy:

The fact is that you don't have to bring a woman abroad before she cheats. She can cheat even in your.....................
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 4:23am On Feb 09, 2016
oshaosha2014:
Well done! Because of this powerful write up of yours, the OP will successfully make a powerful mistake of his life. You have done well, and Nigeria is proud of you.

I'm surprised a nigerian guy wrote the write up of his'....
GOD BLESS 9ja 4 LIFE
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Snoolv360(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Announce on radio and tv that you don't want crowd at your wedding, then employ bouncers to scare people away. chikena! lobatan
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by highpappy: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
oshaosha2014:
Well done! Because of this powerful write up of yours, [b]the OP will successfully make a powerful mistake of his life.[/b]You have done well, and Nigeria is proud of you.

Mistake of his life? If he fails to listen to fear mongers like you? The point is, the story of women changing after traveling to US/UK is always almost incomplete. Often time the story is told only from the husband's side. And trust me, nobody has the monopoly of this experience.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by oshaosha2014(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
When you leave Nigeria and live in a pussy society, who do you expect to always complain, or who do you think is always victimised; male or female?

highpappy:

Mistake of his life? If he fails to listen to fear mongers like you? The point is, the story of women changing after traveling to US/UK is always almost incomplete. Often time the story is told only from the husband's side. And trust me, nobody has the monopoly of this experience.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by OLUWAcypris1(f): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2016
agarawu23:
it will be difficult for the op to archive that plan especially if the they are Yoruba's and you know how we Yoruba's do party.

It will look somehow if the wife don't invite her church members but there is a way to go about it.

1. Choose a far venue, probably another state.

2. Use a nice hall with full security (show your iv before u enter)

3. Do the wedding low key without inviting much people and budget another spending for entertainment the next Sunday for Thanksgiving and use the opportunity to satisfy your wife church members

4. Follow the holy book and tie the knot with just u, pastor and two witness
na true oh
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by OLUWAcypris1(f): 7:22am On Jul 19, 2016
MyLady11:
Where is d venue? Am coming
lolz hahahahahhaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Rocks Isiagu And Agbada In Traditional Wedding Photos / Onitsha Ofala Youth Carnival 2018 In Pictures / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.