Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? (31375 Views)

Get A Website For Your Upcoming Wedding With Online IV. / Mammoth Crowd As Cross River Holds Maiden Cultural Festival. / Searching For Affordable Vendors For An Upcoming Wedding In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by cho25bc(f): 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Congratulations in advance OP
Frm ur write up, d only reason why u don't want an elaborate wedding with 500> guests is not becos u don't like huge parties bt it's becos u don't want 2 spend beyond ur financial capacity,right?
In ur write up, it seems as if u are d only one expected 2 bankroll d whole event. Let me ask u, what is d financial status of ur potential inlaws? Are they poor? What are they planning 2 contribute 2 d wedding expenses? What abt ur wife 2 be?is she jobless? Doesn't she av any intention of offsetting some of d bills too?
Is it after paying d dowry and buying all d 'eru iyawo' dat u are still expected 2 sponsor d wedding? What abt ur family,I mean ur parents? What is dier own take on dis matter?
Frm what I can deduce frm u, u must be d type dat parades himself beyond his bank account size. Maybe u gave ur inlaws d impression dat u are a wealthy man capable of taking care of dier needs moneywise, probably becos u are based abroad. If dat's not d case, den why are u here panicking?
To me dis is not an issue.it is not enuf 2 freak u out and drag urself 2 NL. It is strictly a family affair. U, ur fiancee, ur parent and her parent shud sit down and hold a family meeting. Lay ur cards on d table. Be firm. Be transparent. Let ur parent support u. Ur babe and her family MUST also contribute 2 d budget on ground. If not, then they shud FORGET abt inviting a crowd. They can't kill u 4 bin blunt.
Let dem know ur vision of taking dier daughter wit u 2 Ogbodo Oyinbo.
Eg, let's say ur estimated budget 4 d wedding is 500k (500+ guests), bt personally ur pocket size can only boasts of 350k, let ur inlaws 2 be fetch d remaining 150k,else no elaborate wedding.
Just be a man and put ur feet on d ground. Wedding expenses,elaborate or simple,shud not be d responsibility of d man alone.it's shud be a joint venture.
As 4 hw 2 reduce d number of guests 2 200, I'll go wit those who suggested holding it on a weekday,preferrably Monday. Just pray abt it and follow God's direction.
I wish u all d best sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by cho25bc(f): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Frm ur write up, d only reason why u don't want an elaborate wedding with 500> guests is not becos u don't like huge parties bt it's becos u don't want 2 spend beyond ur financial capacity,right?
In ur write up, it seems as if u are d only one expected 2 bankroll d whole event. Let me ask u, what is d financial status of ur prospective inlaws? Are they poor? What are they planning 2 contribute 2 d wedding expenses? What abt ur wife 2 be?is she jobless? Doesn't she av any intention of offsetting some of d bills too?
Is it after paying d dowry and buying all d 'eru iyawo' dat u are still expected 2 sponsor d wedding? What abt ur family,I mean ur parents? What is dier own take on dis matter?
Frm what I can deduce frm u, u must be d type dat parades himself beyond his bank account size. Maybe u gave ur inlaws d impression dat u are a wealthy man capable of taking care of dier needs moneywise, probably becos u are base abroad. If dat's not d case, den why are u here panicking?
To me dis is not an issue.it is not enuf 2 freak u out and drag urself 2 NL. It is strictly a family affair. U, ur fiancee, ur parent and her parent shud sit down and hold a family meeting. Lay ur cards on d table. Be firm. Be transparent. Let ur parent support u. Ur babe and her family MUST also contribute 2 d budget on ground. If not, then they shud FORGET abt inviting a crowd. They can't kill u 4 bin blunt.
Eg, let's say ur estimated budget 4 d wedding is 500k (500+ guests), bt personally ur pocket size can only boasts of 350k, let ur inlaws 2 be fetch d remaining 150k,else no elaborate wedding.
Just be a man and put ur feet on d ground. Wedding expenses,elaborate or simple,shud not be d responsibility of d man alone.it's shud be a joint venture.
As 4 hw 2 reduce d number of guests 2 200, I'll go wit those who suggested holding it on a weekday,preferrably Monday. Just pray abt it and follow God's direction.
I wish u all d best sir

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
agarawu23:
oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay

I too have heard horror stories BUT I still think the good overweighs the bad. I encourage anyone that has a serious and fully vetted significant other to take steps to unite them overseas. What the heck is the point of having someone overseas when the other party is in Nigeria.

Here are some pointers.

If the girlfriend has inferiority complex and is bleaching in Nigeria
If the girlfriend has the latest phones from Samsung, Apple and Blackberry while still in "school"
If the girlfriend knows the names of many local politicians PA
If the boyfriend is going to consider the girlfriend his property when she gets to USA/UK
If the girlfriend already displays tendencies of rudeness to her immediate family

So I think the fault mainly lies with the Men who don't take eye go market. The get involved and blinded with flash and overlook the core competence areas required of a Wife.

May Allah guide us in the righteous path.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Bheewhy(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Wanna take some osogbo weed and if u like u can add dat also or go use plate wey be say half a spoon go don full am but I for fear yoruba people esp d olobirin ile...
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Socketbet: 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Just do the normal traditional stuff den take her with you to the country u are and do ur white wedding believe me its you ,ur wife + the Rev dat will be present undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by oshaosha2014(m): 12:01am On Feb 08, 2016
The only alternative is for him to pick a decent lady from his immediate environment. He knows those ones better. The ladies born and bred there may have all the freedom in the world to usurp the authority of their man, strange enough, they might just be calm about it. But the one brought from Africa... They have a slight taste of their "freedom" there, they become brutal than the ladies brought up there. Am not saying they are angels there. Half bread is better than none. The devil you know is better than the angel coming all the way from Africa.
hglmkope:
You are entitled to your opinion. If I may ask, what alternative would you give to your brother if he insists on marrying a lady that lives in Nigeria?

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by joey150(m): 12:09am On Feb 08, 2016
E dey marvel me how everybody go just dey drop advice..

Search within you..there lies the answer.

Take your own decisions....dont leave it to a bunch of piple on d internet dat dnt giv a 4k abt you!!
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Paentera(m): 12:11am On Feb 08, 2016
If you're bearing the bulk of wedding expenses, simply let your wife-to-be know your budget and that you will drop only that amount. Any extra spending will have ro come from her & her family.

For those referring to the wife being Yoruba, I suspect majority are unmarried hence the the faulty haste to conclusion. In Yoruba culture, the bride's side of the family cater for guests thus OP, if indeed your madam is Yoruba & her family are well off & are open to hosting the wedding reception etc, you'll come to the conclusion that its almost so much ado about nothing.

Alternatively, get her pregnant & see how the family will quickly arrange low key wedding without inviting many people. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by habsydiamond(m): 12:23am On Feb 08, 2016
If u go use sheraton hotel 200 possible but if na school field una won use for reception just dey expect nothing less than 6,666 people.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by kizitokings2018(m): 12:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Do it in a grave yard ( cemetery) and no one will come....
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Tohpeh(m): 1:03am On Feb 08, 2016
For your wedding, business meetings and other events, send sms at a cheaper rate. Contact us today at joyfulsms.com
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by afroxyz: 1:24am On Feb 08, 2016
cho25bc:
In ur write up, it seems as if u are d only one expected 2 bankroll d whole event. Let me ask u, what is d financial status of ur potential inlaws? Are they poor? What are they planning 2 contribute 2 d wedding expenses? What abt ur wife 2 be?is she jobless? Doesn't she av any intention of offsetting some of d bills too?
Frm [b]what I can deduce frm u, u must be d type dat parades himself beyond his bank account size. Maybe u gave ur inlaws d impression dat u are a wealthy man capable of taking care of dier needs moneywise, probably becos u are based abroad. If dat's not d case, den why are u here panicking?
To me dis is not an issue.it is not enuf 2 freak u ou[/b]t and drag urself 2 NL. It is strictly a family affair. U, ur fiancee, ur parent and her parent shud sit down and hold a family meeting. Lay ur cards on d table. Be firm. Be transparent. Let ur parent support u. Ur babe and her family MUST also contribute 2 d budget on ground. If not, then they shud FORGET abt inviting a crowd. They can't kill u 4 bin blunt.
I wish u all d best sir

You seriously need lessons on reading comprehension.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sunsewa: 2:21am On Feb 08, 2016
do the most important Church wedn in the church in day time,then do ur reception in the evening 6pm - 10pm,special little card for reception will be included in the main Church wedn card for those 200guest written strictly by invitation, by this way ur surely to have left over,but with lacking of gifts and money if u really care, a rich guy i know did it last 3yrs in my Church, and is reception at golden tulip festac in the evening.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Ishilove: 3:36am On Feb 08, 2016
sukkot:
carrying a woman from naija to wherever he at. well hopefully he is not one of these cab drivers in america who bring women from the village and then the woman gets to america and discovers he is not balling like she thinks he is and she gets angry and the marriage crumbles and is full of anger and violence and eventually divorce or one of em kills the other. happens all the time
So you support long distance marriage

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by InvertedHammer: 3:40am On Feb 08, 2016
/
Go to the registrar and get a marriage certificate.
Go for photo ops at your choice location.
Organize home party for family and friends.
File papers, get visa and travel with your spouse.

And as soon as your spouse settles in, your living nightmare begins. Learn from the mistakes of others before you. Find a wife in your country of residence.

Just like all the victims before you, you think your case will be different. Good luck! Stop living in the 20th century. This is 2016. No one is talking about marrying and taking anywhere again. Shine your eyes.
/

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by Vikky014(f): 3:48am On Feb 08, 2016
hglmkope:
Hello! I just could not pass by without saying a word about this. What if he does not plan to live in Nigeria? Would you prefer that they both stay apart after wedding. Although there are Nigerian women who will cheat on their spouse, history also has record of those that have remained faithful despite all odds (you attest to this yourself).

At op, please only you can decide if you want her to come over there with you. You know her so well more than anyone here. Besides, I think if she is worth being your wife, then she is worth living with you wherever you are. Please don't make her wait for you. It does not always work out that way.
lol. swty y r u disturbing yourself The op cant take his yeye advise for sure. he is just Ranting

i wont be surprised he has a baby mama. people like him dnt know the meaning of marriage

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by elougo(m): 4:10am On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
oga no be my mouth u go hear say police die lipsrsealed but I will give u my own point and it's left for u to follow your mind.

Majority of guys I knew that took their wife abroad regretted it. Here on NL, we have read many cases too. I have a family member in UK that's now mentally ill when he caught his wife cheating with a foreigner. It wasn't "den say den say" he caught her pant down. (A Lady that has 3 grown up kids already)

I remember when I told my dad I want to bring my babe here with me, the next thing he said was " do u remember Mr lagbaja and Mr lagbaja's" case? A lady that loves you will wait for you.

Though some are enjoying it BUT majority are regretting it cos our ladies eyes dey open when u bring them abroad most especially when they start to move with friends.

I will advice you to come and settle with her in Nigeria than to take her there.

Though ladies aren't the same but I am talking from experience.

Cc samhay

a cheat will always cheat anytime any day. not everyone is like your ex or your babe.

op please don't let this one discourage you or sow a seed of discord in your heart.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by metu4sure216(m): 4:48am On Feb 08, 2016
My brother i see reason to go with ur planning..To me is as easy as anything u can off, if d parents nd urs are base in a state far from whre ur wife to be based, den what u hv to do is to invite dem nd dnt provide transpprtation for dem, perform d wedding in another branch of ur church or ur wife's church, den u fix d reception in a distance hotel or hall from d church venue nd u if is a place like lagos u fix d wedding on sanitation day exactly @10am...by so doing i think u il acheive ur dream and on d IV dnt show d reception venue direction. thanks nd wish u a successful plannin nd wedding.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by FabioPeter: 5:05am On Feb 08, 2016
There is little you can do about it. Just provide the money based on your expected number and turn a blind eyes afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by madjune(m): 5:16am On Feb 08, 2016
Don't let your IV reach your village or your church main branch.

Case closed.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by lifenajeje(m): 5:19am On Feb 08, 2016
NO CAUSE FOR ALARM...

You can have ur dream wedding....by strategizing and scheming things to go your way....

Fix your wedding date on an environmental sanitation day during the raining season.

If you can get her pastors or any pastor to wed u at the venue of ur reception better...before people will leave their plus these factors inclusive ...rain ...traffic..etc... They will be discouraged or will arrive late...when the wedding guest had started leaving....for this to be successful your bride to be has to stay in a hotel close to reception....u can pay hotel accommodation for the pastors as well..

On the other hand OP if its the cost implication you are afraid of.....
There are wedding vendors that can give you cheaper but quality services.....from ur cakes...dj.....caterers....decorations...and it would still look like u spent money...cos that cake for 150 someone can make it tastier and better for 80 k....food of 1500 per head another vendor can give u for 700 per head and it would still taste better....decorations for 200k can still be done for 60 k by another vendor....

I can help u as a Nairalander to plan the above....cos the second point wont piss off ur inlaws...all is going to plans in their eyes according to them but you are strategizing to cut cost.....

I will even advise you to make a budget for ur wedding and ur wife's travelling expenses same time.....

You can reach me on 07038149252

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 5:25am On Feb 08, 2016
dukeolumde:

First u need to realise that it's all about the two of u (both families) and its ur call, hence the need to buckle up and take some harsh
decisions. U can cut cost by doing the following:

1. Arrange with both parents as regards ur intended decision to cut cost.
2. Carry ur wife along on ur plans.
3. Take a few key family members (carry ur inlaws along hence the need for them to do the same)and do all traditional rights in a day.
4. Next ur White Wedding / Trad in a single day. White in the morning and Trad after Church service and reception (in a field or other cheap venues/options) afterwards.
5. Invite few key individuals to the reception e.g both families, church and key friends.
6. Have a BUDGET in mind of the expected expenditure to be made and number of guests expected and STICK to it.

NOTE: Ensure quality guests are invited in order to improve ur expected income (cash gifts).
CONCLUSION: No matter the amount u spend u can never satisfy everybody. People will still complain. Therefore
the sooner u realise that it balls down to having a reserve to take care of ur wife afterwards the better for u. Accept my congratulations bro.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by babaRUNtinz(m): 5:26am On Feb 08, 2016
Simple! Don't tell any1 about d wedding; including ur spouse.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by africanusvu(m): 5:45am On Feb 08, 2016
Very easy.fix the weeding at a deeper life church in Maiduguri borno state on a friday.with an inscription,BEWARE OF BOKO.and u wil see wat wil hapen.
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by mpatu1: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2016
Pls try and fix the date on a monday,I believe the 200 people or less will be achieved because most ppl will go to work
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by nuesmann(m): 6:14am On Feb 08, 2016
DO THE WEDDING FAR AWAY
herboshedhe:

I reason with your point,but what do you suggest to them?

Cos I've got no idea on what to advise,mere looking@the members of the wife's church
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by sunshine1974(m): 6:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Forget d crowd just cook for 200 people, anybody wen see food chop allahadudilahi, anyone wen no see chop e nor concern u period!
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by fortune1968: 6:23am On Feb 08, 2016
Really ,this is one of our attitudes to life DT I detest so much - knowing a problem and shy away from giving it a frontal attack/solution .Instead ,we will be thinking of what people or family or the society will say about us or our actions.If I were in your shoes ,I would have simply opted for court wedding with about 20 guests for a reception that will follow and then travel with my wife
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by fortune1968: 6:29am On Feb 08, 2016
sunshine1974:
Forget d crowd just cook for 200 people, anybody wen see food chop allahadudilahi, anyone wen no see chop e nor concern u period!
Caution !That's the Genesis of some people marital /life problems .Some people don't have single mind .Please, This is Nigeria and Africa. !
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by MyLady11(m): 6:33am On Feb 08, 2016
martineinstein:
come to think of it, marriage ceremony of nowadays is a waste of money.. U spend alot for the celebration, while the couple start thinking of how to post debt after
Exactly. And is very bad. I hav a frnd who serve family biscuit in his wedding ceremony
Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by InvertedHammer: 6:36am On Feb 08, 2016
/
Keep your expenses to the barest minimum.

Your marriage will last only about 3 years after you take your wife abroad.

/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Crowd In My Upcoming Wedding? by herboshedhe(f): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2016
MyLady11:

Exactly. And is very bad. I hav a frnd who serve family biscuit in his wedding ceremony

Biscuit kwagrin
Lwkm o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Rocks Isiagu And Agbada In Traditional Wedding Photos / Onitsha Ofala Youth Carnival 2018 In Pictures / Lovely Photos Of A Lady On Groomsman Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.