Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" (8413 Views)

"Men Are Totally Useless" - Lady Tells Man Who Advised Wives / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
I really like reading your comments most of the time but I think you had a strong drink before you wrote this one.

I want to see the Nigerian politician / president who will be treated like Bill Clinton for having cheated on his wife. grin

Monica hiding her head in shame for having given him oral action? grin
Boy, it was part of her plan and it worked out exactly as she wanted. She is swimming in money.
How was Bill Clinton treated? He only got perjury for lying about the affair, Currently he is one of the most loved ex presidents. He goes on campaign trails and even represent America internationally more than other presidents who didnt cheat.

Then in America unlike Nigeria Polygamy is not culturally acceptable. A Nigerian president wont have to cheat, he would simply legally marry multiple women

Monica Lewinsky nearly broke down in tears today as she recounted her experience as "patient zero, the first person to have their reputation completely destroyed worldwide via the Internet."

From the mouth of Monica herself
In what she called her " first public talk," Lewinsky vowed to "give purpose to my past" by speaking publicly about life after her affair with then-President Bill Clinton.
"My name is Monica Lewinsky-though I've often been advised to change it," the president's former mistress began.

Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations

"Sixteen years ago, fresh out of college, a twenty-two year old intern in the White House - and more than averagely romantic - I fell in love with my boss, in a twenty-two year old sort of a way. It happens," she said. "By my boss was the president of the United States. That probably happens less often."

In the wake of the blue dress, the beret, and the salacious Starr report, Lewinsky says, she "came close to disintegrating."

[size=14pt]"I was threatened in various ways. First, with an FBI sting in a shopping mall. … Immediately following, in a nearby hotel room, I was threatened with up to 27 years in jail for denying the affair in an affidavit," she recalled. "27 years. When you're only 24 yourself that's a long time."

Choking back tears, she continued, "chillingly told that my mother, too - sorry - that my mother, too, might face prosecution if I didn't cooperate and wear a wire."[/size]

As her life unraveled in public, Lewinsky says, she heard "a relentless mantra in my head: I want to die."

"There was no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram back then. But there were gossip, news and entertainment websites complete with comment sections and emails could be forwarded," she said. "Of course it was all done on the excruciatingly slow dial-up."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/monica-lewinsky-tears-up-during-speech-about-life-after-bill-clinton/

America turned its back on a young intern, and the media called her tubby, slutty and predatory. A TV network even asked people to vote on whether she was a "tramp." Long before slut-shaming was a term, Monica Lewinsky was its original target.

Nearly two decades later, Lewinsky is still a punch line and a sly euphemism for MouthAction. She reappears in the press this week by way of a 4,000-word Vanity Fair essay about the hellish aftermath of her “mutual relationship” with President Bill Clinton. She says she’s had trouble getting jobs. (Everyone knows her name, after all.) She turned down lucrative offers to tell all — because they “didn’t feel like the right thing to do” — and survived on loans from family and friends

http://time.com/92989/monica-lewinsky-slut-shaming-feminists-media-apology/
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:

I really like reading your comments most of the time but I think you had a strong drink before you wrote this one.

I want to see the Nigerian politician / president who will be treated like Bill Clinton for having cheated on his wife. grin

Monica hiding her head in shame for having given him oral action? grin
Boy, it was part of her plan and it worked out exactly as she wanted. She is swimming in money.

Mindfulness, it's either you join me in sipping that drink I had before typing my earlier comment or you get yourself updated...

Which Monica Lewinsky is swimming in money? cheesycheesy
The same one who can no longer get a decent job? The same one who tried writing a book about her affair but couldn't even get a good publisher to put on the shelves? The same one who now goes around offering to write articles for penny pay?
Yea right, her plan worked perfectly... grin

How was Bill Clinton treated?
The same Bill that was sent by the white house as a special envoy to broker some bureaucratic bla bla bla with China some two years ago?...and that's just one citation.

Isn't the Nigerian political terrain filled with adulterers and cheats still doing their thing?
It all looks the same to me, or maybe I didn't understand what you meant by seeing a Nigerian politician who will be treated like Bill Clinton. undecided
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Gaddemiit, ranmdeuter beat me to glory road...

Oya, Mindfulness get updated... gringrin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:
Gaddemiit, ranmdeuter beat me to glory road...

Oya, Mindfulness get updated... gringrin

I'm so confused here tongue what's your point exactly? I had it two pages ago but now I've lost it embarassed
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

I'm so confused here tongue what's your point exactly? I had it two pages ago but now I've lost it embarassed

He means minus the cultural/religious difference of Polygamy being acceptable in Nigeria vs America. There isnt much difference between the two societies regarding cheating

Cheating is common in American culture as it is in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

He means minus the cultural/religious difference of Polygamy being acceptable in Nigeria vs America. There isnt much difference between the two societies regarding cheating

Cheating is common in American culture as it is in Nigeria

Oh ok... He's just stating the obvious then.. Cheating is common in every culture... So I'm still lost was his point to state the obvious
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vyolet:
It does not only happen in Nigeria though, it happens almost everywhere, it is just that the Nigerian woman suffers more in so he situation. . There are no strong laws protecting the right of women, her husband can do whatever he wishes and even seek for divorce since he has nothing to lose financially.
The society is not fair on the woman as well, when a woman tries to leave her man, everyone would encourage her to stay and endure till she eventually dies from the abuse, there is a bad tag on single old women and divorced women.
The best thing is for every woman to do what she feel is best for her, she shouldn't allow the society influence her decision.
One word, Legislation.

This is what Nigeria needs in this respect...but as for the general consensus that society frown more on a woman who cheated than on a man who does, that shiit is universal and not peculiar to Africa.
The legislation in more advanced countries is the mirage that makes their situation look, seem, and feel better.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:

Mindfulness, it's either you join me in sipping that drink I had before typing my earlier comment or you get yourself updated...

I updated myself. Where is the drink now? cheesy

Which Monica Lewinsky is swimming in money? cheesycheesy
The same one who can no longer get a decent job? The same one who tried writing a book about her affair but couldn't even get a good publisher to put on the shelves? The same one who now goes around offering to write articles for penny pay?
Yea right, her plan worked perfectly... grin

And you believe the victim stories she keeps telling? grin A woman who slept with the president of the USA and at age 22 remembered to keep the evidence, which later led to one of the biggest scandals in US history. grin

Her net worth is estimated to be around 500 000 DOLLARS, not NAIRA. And she is still all over the news when Hillary tries to become president.

Yeah, hiding in shame. grin

How was Bill Clinton treated?
The same Bill that was sent by the white house as a special envoy to broker some bureaucratic bla bla bla with China some two years ago?...and that's just one citation.

Isn't the Nigerian political terrain filled with adulterers and cheats still doing their thing?
It all looks the same to me, or maybe I didn't understand what you meant by seeing a Nigerian politician who will be treated like Bill Clinton. undecided

So what if he was sent to China. He has one of the best rankings ever. The US economy was flourishing during the time of his presidency.

Now please tell me, which Nigerian president would be impeached for cheating on his wife. grin

Are you seriously comparing a traditionally monogamous country to a traditionally polygamous country? Come on!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

Oh ok... He's just stating the obvious then.. Cheating is common in every culture... So I'm still lost was his point to state the obvious

Also that both in America and Nigeria the consequence of cheating are similar. i.e Nothing happens. You go on with your life and your friends just laugh at you for not being smart enough to get caught
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

Go away... gringrin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Also that both in America and Nigeria the consequence of cheating are similar. i.e Nothing happens. You go on with your life and your friends just laugh at you for not being smart enough to get caught

You sir have added to my confusion. I'm gonna just leave this thread. All those big words and essays and the point is everyone cheats everywhere Family section is dead lol! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:

Go away... gringrin

That is my plan grin grin have fun kiss bye cool
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

How was Bill Clinton treated? He only got perjury for lying about the affair, Currently he is one of the most loved ex presidents. He goes on campaign trails and even represent America internationally more than other presidents who didnt cheat.

He is one of the most loved presidents because the economy was flourishing when he was in office, not because he cheated. Don't get it twisted.

He only got a perjury? Which Nigerian politician would have to go through months of court hearings because he was sleeping with one of his employees? PULEAAAASE!

Then in America unlike Nigeria Polygamy is not culturally acceptable. A Nigerian president wont have to cheat, he would simply legally marry multiple women

Exactly! That's the point. Countries where polygamy has never been culturally acceptable handle infidelity differently. There are nuances, I am not saying any of them is better. In fact, I believe polygamy should be an option in a free country. grin

Monica Lewinsky nearly broke down in tears today as she recounted her experience as "patient zero, the first person to have their reputation completely destroyed worldwide via the Internet."

Nice show! grin

From the mouth of Monica herself
In what she called her " first public talk," Lewinsky vowed to "give purpose to my past" by speaking publicly about life after her affair with then-President Bill Clinton.
"My name is Monica Lewinsky-though I've often been advised to change it," the president's former mistress began.

Monica Lewinsky Considered Suicide and 4 Other Revelations

"Sixteen years ago, fresh out of college, a twenty-two year old intern in the White House - and more than averagely romantic - I fell in love with my boss, in a twenty-two year old sort of a way. It happens," she said. "By my boss was the president of the United States. That probably happens less often."

In the wake of the blue dress, the beret, and the salacious Starr report, Lewinsky says, she "came close to disintegrating."

[size=14pt]"I was threatened in various ways. First, with an FBI sting in a shopping mall. … Immediately following, in a nearby hotel room, I was threatened with up to 27 years in jail for denying the affair in an affidavit," she recalled. "27 years. When you're only 24 yourself that's a long time."

Choking back tears, she continued, "chillingly told that my mother, too - sorry - that my mother, too, might face prosecution if I didn't cooperate and wear a wire."[/size]

As her life unraveled in public, Lewinsky says, she heard "a relentless mantra in my head: I want to die."

"There was no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram back then. But there were gossip, news and entertainment websites complete with comment sections and emails could be forwarded," she said. "Of course it was all done on the excruciatingly slow dial-up."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/monica-lewinsky-tears-up-during-speech-about-life-after-bill-clinton/

America turned its back on a young intern, and the media called her tubby, slutty and predatory. A TV network even asked people to vote on whether she was a "tramp." Long before slut-shaming was a term, Monica Lewinsky was its original target.

Nearly two decades later, Lewinsky is still a punch line and a sly euphemism for MouthAction. She reappears in the press this week by way of a 4,000-word Vanity Fair essay about the hellish aftermath of her “mutual relationship” with President Bill Clinton. She says she’s had trouble getting jobs. (Everyone knows her name, after all.) She turned down lucrative offers to tell all — because they “didn’t feel like the right thing to do” — and survived on loans from family and friends

http://time.com/92989/monica-lewinsky-slut-shaming-feminists-media-apology/

And you trust her? grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
So what if he was sent to China. He has one of the best rankings ever. The US economy was flourishing during the time of his presidency.
Now please tell me, which Nigerian president would be impeached for cheating on his wife. grin

Are you seriously comparing a traditionally monogamous country to a traditionally polygamous country? Come on!

Clinton was impeached for perjury and for obstruction of justice in relation to the whitewater land deals

Cheating is a personal thing and not punishable under any law.

What difference does it make when a man is married have numbers of mistresses and even can divorce 10 times and remarry. compared to a man who married multiple wives

E.g If Tinubu is married to 1 wife(monogamy) yet chopping 20 by the side, how is he different from an okoya who is an open Polygamist and has 4 wives?
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
He is one of the most loved presidents because the economy was flourishing when he was in office, not because he cheated. Don't get it twisted.

He only got a perjury? Which Nigerian politician would have to go through months of court hearings because he was sleeping with one of his employees? PULEAAAASE!

Exactly! That's the point. Countries where polygamy has never been culturally acceptable handle infidelity differently. There are nuances, I am not saying any of them is better. In fact, I believe polygamy should be an option in a free country. grin

Nice show! grin
And you trust her? grin

There is no law that says you cant cheat or have mistresses. So Bill wasnt prosecuted for cheating rather for lying under oath when the news broke. Its a bad habit just like gluttony no one would prosecute you for eating too much but its just shows lack of discipline

If he had simply said, I cheated and I would resolve it with my wife, What would they have impeached him for?

I have given several cases of top Politicians who cheated some caught none was impeached.

The closest was Anthony Weiner who was sanctioned for Public indecency after tweeting a picture of his dicckk
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Clinton was impeached for perjury and for obstruction of justice in relation to the whitewater land deals

Cheating is a personal thing and not punishable under any law.

What difference does it make when a man is married have numbers of mistresses and even can divorce 10 times and remarry. compared to a man who married multiple wives

E.g If Tinubu is married to 1 wife(monogamy) yet chopping 20 by the side, how is he different from an okoya who is an open Polygamist and has 4 wives?

Clinton would not have been impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice if he had not been asked to respond to the allegations made by women he slept with. Clinton lied because he knew that cheating could damage his image.

He was lucky because the economy was flourishing when he was in office. Else they would have destroyed him.

Very few people know that he was the one to lay the foundation for the crisis that erupted in 2007.

Cheating husbands have it easier in Nigeria. Let us not deceive ourselves. You mentioned the reason why.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

There is no law that says you cant cheat or have mistresses. So Bill wasnt prosecuted for cheating rather for lying under oath when the news broke. Its a bad habit just like gluttony no one would prosecute you for eating too much but its just shows lack of discipline

If he had simply said, I cheated and I would resolve it with my wife, What would they have impeached him for?

I have given several cases of top Politicians who cheated some caught none was impeached.

The closest was Anthony Weiner who was sanctioned for Public indecency after tweeting a picture of his dicckk

And why hasn't he? grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
Clinton would not have been impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice if he had not been asked to respond to the allegations made by women he slept with. Clinton lied because he knew that cheating could damage his image.

He was lucky because the economy was flourishing when he was in office. Else they would have destroyed him.

Very few people know that he was the one to lay the foundation for the crisis that erupted in 2007.

Cheating husbands have it easier in Nigeria. Let us not deceive ourselves. You mentioned the reason why.

Its just a damage to image which is never an impeachable offence. He isnt voted to be the Pope or Archbishop of America. he is a president and having a good moral image is not a prerequisite

Donald Trump who is leading the current poll yesterday on TV called someone a "Pvssy" do you think that would stop people from voting him?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
And why hasn't he? grin

Every human would try to deny an immoral act first

If someone smell cigarette smoke on me, even though its not a an offence, I would still try to deny it

Even in Nigeria, most men who cheat would still deny it until they are caught red handed.
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its just a damage to image which is never an impeachable offence. He isnt voted to be the Pope or Archbishop of America. he is a president and having a good moral image is not a prerequisite

Donald Trump who is leading the current poll yesterday on TV called someone a "Pvssy" do you think that would stop people from voting him?

I never said cheating was an impeachable offense. He was impeached because he lied. He knew that lying under oath was punishable by law. So why did he lie if his wife and the society as a whole are as tolerant of male infidelity as you claim? grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
I never said cheating was an impeachable offense. He was impeached because he lied. He knew that lying under oath was punishable by law. So why did he lie if his wife and the society as a whole are as tolerant of male infidelity as you claim? grin
Its an immoral act and everyone would condemn the act, ruin his image. But would never threaten his mandate until he lied about it

Obama has been trying to cover his smoking habits for a while now. If asked he would deny or play around words. Has that changed anything about him?

Every human would not want to be known for a bad habit anywhere in the world

Why is it that Nigerian man still deny infidelity despite that our society is tolerant of it? If they ask Tinubu(A Nigerian man living in Nigeria) under oath that have you ever cheated on your wife, what do you think he would say even if the penalty is impeachment?
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:

I updated myself. Where is the drink now? cheesy

And you believe the victim stories she keeps telling? grin A woman who slept with the president of the USA and at age 22 remembered to keep the evidence, which later led to one of the biggest scandals in US history. grin

Her net worth is estimated to be around 500 000 DOLLARS, not NAIRA. And she is still all over the news when Hillary tries to become president.

Yeah, hiding in shame. grin

First off, impeachment proceedings were for perjury and obstruction of justice, not infidelity...but I understand how you would want to start your usual roundabout arguments on that account.
At the end though, the house couldn't get the required number of votes...he was then acquitted.

I'm not comparing Nigeria to America based on marriage, I'm comparing both countries based on the general public's reaction to infidelity committed by a man versus infidelity by a woman.

I don't know Monica's net worth, I just know that between herself and her fvck boy Bill Clinton, only one of them came out virtually unscathed after the affair...and that's my point.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

That is my plan grin grin have fun kiss bye cool
Lol...apologies, but I'm sure you find family section too serious and not exciting enough for your flirty female metro-uber-sexual tastes tonguecheesy
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol...apologies, but I'm sure you find family section too serious and not exciting enough for your flirty female metro-uber-sexual tastes tonguecheesy

You just making up words to sound clever now undecided it's the 9ja in you so it's allowed grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
Crackhaus

See Hillary Aisha Nkechi Bose Clinton the typical naija sufferhead wife with no self respect who wants to be Mrs by force attacking the side-chic calling her a "narcissistic loony toon" instead of divorcing her husband

“It was a lapse, but she says to his credit he tried to break it off, tried to pull away, tried to manage someone who was clearly a 'narcissistic loony toon'; but it was beyond control," Blair wrote about a conversation she had with Clinton on September 9, 1998, during the height of the Lewinsky scandal that led to her husband’s impeachment."

The Ruth abokoku I must remain Mrs by force Naija woman Hillary even gave excuse for her husband

Blair went on to write that Hillary Clinton had suggested her husband had made the mistake with Lewinsky because of the personal toll the deaths of his mother, her father, and their friend Vince Foster had taken on him while "the ugly forces started making up hateful things about them, pounding on them."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/10/report-documents-reveal-hillary-clintons-private-reaction-to-her-husbands-cheating-scandal-with-monica-lewinsky/

I trust American women, they can never be mumu like this uncivilised Yeye Hillary from Akoko-ekiti, Arochukwu and Isele-Uku who not only attacked the side chic but even gave excuse for her husband and refused to divorce him

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

You just making up words to sound clever now undecided it's the 9ja in you so it's allowed grin grin angry
Lol... I even read my comments to myself sometimes and marvel at how intelligent I sound. gringrin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Every human would try to deny an immoral act first

If someone smell cigarette smoke on me, even though its not a an offence, I would still try to deny it

Even in Nigeria, most men who cheat would still deny it until they are caught red handed.

You would lie under oath and risk severe punishment because you were cheating even though cheating would not have such serious consequences as lying under an oath has?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
crackhaus:

First off, impeachment proceedings were for perjury and obstruction of justice, not infidelity...but I understand how you would want to start your usual roundabout arguments on that account.
At the end though, the house couldn't get the required number of votes...he was then acquitted.

I'm not comparing Nigeria to America based on marriage, I'm comparing both countries based on the general public's reaction to infidelity committed by a man versus infidelity by a woman.

I don't know Monica's net worth, I just know that between herself and her fvck boy Bill Clinton, only one of them came out virtually unscathed after the affair...and that's my point.

@bold

Are you saying that a female president would have to resign from office if she cheated on her husband?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by crackhaus: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:
Crackhaus

See Hillary Aisha Nkechi Bose Clinton the typical naija sufferhead wife with no self respect who wants to be Mrs by force attacking the side-chic calling her a "narcissistic loony toon" instead of divorcing her husband

The Ruth abokoku I must remain Mrs by force Naija woman Hillary even gave excuse for her husband

I trust American women, they can never be mumu like this uncivilised Yeye Hillary from Akoko-ekiti, Arochukwu and Isele-Uku who not only attacked the side chic but even gave excuse for her husband and refused to divorce him
Lmao... grin

Women from all ethnicities and different shades of colour have been forgiving men who cheat on them since time immemorial because deep down they know a man will always be a man. grin
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its an immoral act and everyone would condemn the act, ruin his image. But would never threaten his mandate until he lied about it

Obama has been trying to cover his smoking habits for a while now. If asked he would deny or play around words. Has that changed anything about him?

Every human would not want to be known for a bad habit anywhere in the world

Why is it that Nigerian man still deny infidelity despite that our society is tolerant of it? If they ask Tinubu(A Nigerian man living in Nigeria) under oath that have you ever cheated on your wife, what do you think he would say even if the penalty is impeachment?

They wouldn't ask Tinubu to do so under oath because Nigerians would not even consider it to hold a man accountable for such an "immoral" act. They would say it is his private life and men are polygamous b nature. grin grin grin

That's the difference!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mindfulness:
You would lie under oath and risk severe punishment because you were cheating even though cheating would not have such serious consequences as lying under an oath has?

Everyone would deny cheating even under oath unless they are sure the other party has undeniable pictoral and video evidence
Re: Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils" by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nubian113:

You sir have added to my confusion. I'm gonna just leave this thread. All those big words and essays and the point is everyone cheats everywhere Family section is dead lol! angry lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin

Even Hillary Clinton is said to have cheated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help! My Wife Is Too Sexually Uptight / Rigid / Childern's Day: Tell Us What Your Kid's Favorite Colour Is! / Fury Of A Woman sconned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.