Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried (37264 Views)

I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? / Why South East Is Doomed / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by GodMode: 10:37am On Feb 09, 2016
K

2 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Flyoruboy(m): 10:38am On Feb 09, 2016
persius555:
Most schools in the south west are scams, most especially the private schools. The quality of hands recuited is so poor. Teachers and administrators are only interested in making money off the parents.
In most cases, parents are to busy or ignorant to diffrentiate between a school with capable background and one that is just packaging the school.
I was in enugu and delta mid last year and i was amazed at the quality of teachers trained to lecture jss students. The admin was up and doing. Here in lagor and SW, most teachers and admins are mostly educational retards only interested in making money.
Though, there are few exceptions but majority are poor at teaching, this includes the so-called "big man" schools.

grin If we blame expo for una result now una go complain, inspite of the overwhelming evidence.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/revealed-3/ - REVEALED! Enugu school where teachers rarely come to work yet receive full pay at month's end.

After all is said and done, this kind schools for SE go come tops in WAEC o.

If una fit uncover and 'close down' a whooping 486 'special exam centers', how the fvck are we suppose to trust anything that comes from that end?

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/anambra-to-shutdown-486-special-exam-centres/
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Biafrarep(m): 10:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Oblongata:
The writer is a buffoon... You are talking WAEC and you are talking about jobs, which company employs WAEC holders? We should be worried if it were graduates he was talking about. No sentiments, but the number of professors from ekiti alone surpassess the number of professors from the first 5 states on that list
Very funny dude, which Ekiti? The last time I checked, Imo state has the highest number of professors in Nigeria. Pls Google is your friend, dont tell yourself lies just to feel comfortable though I know how frustrating it could be that the much hated Igbos are unstopable. Statistics showed that Igbos over-took the Yorubas even before independence despite Awo's free education in the west(Read The trouble with Nigeria) or check other statistics. Truth & facts will always triumph over propaganda. I get am before no be property!!

7 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:
[s]

I was also speaking to a close friend from Nnewi, Anambra the other day, and he complained bitterly that Igbos are fast becoming more and more lazy and resorting to cocaine-trafficking, because they claim 'trading is no longer paying'. [/s]

The fact below show who is lazy. Keep making excuses until yoruba carry last next yr... Anumanu
Abia - 1st
Anambra - 2nd
Edo - 3rd
Rivers - 4th
Imo - 5th
Lagos - 6th (Non yorubas)
Bayelsa - 7th
Delta - 8th
Enugu -9th
Ebonyi - 10th

Ekiti - 11th
Kaduna - 12th
Ondo - 13th
Abuja - 14th
Kogi - 15th
Benue - 16th
Akwa Ibom - 17th
Kwara - 18th
Ogun - 19th
Cross River - 20th
Taraba - 21st
Plateau - 22nd
Nassarawa -23rd
Kano - 24th
Borno - 25th
Oyo - 26th
Niger - 27th
Adamawa -28th
Osun -29th
Sokoto - 30th
Bauchi - 31st
Kebbi - 32nd
Katsina - 33rd)
Gombe - 34th
Jigawa - 35th
Zamfara - 36th
Yobe - LAST.

7 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by chrisxxx(m): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2016
The north may not be doing well in the exam but the numerical strength of students registering for exams shows the exact population of the north.

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Flyoruboy(m): 10:41am On Feb 09, 2016
naija8080:

The fact below show who is lazy. Keep making excuses until yoruba carry last next yr... Anumanu
Abia - 1st
Anambra - 2nd
Edo - 3rd
Rivers - 4th
Imo - 5th
Lagos - 6th (Non yorubas)
Bayelsa - 7th
Delta - 8th
Enugu -9th
Ebonyi - 10th

Ekiti - 11th
Kaduna - 12th
Ondo - 13th
Abuja - 14th
Kogi - 15th
Benue - 16th
Akwa Ibom - 17th
Kwara - 18th
Ogun - 19th
Cross River - 20th
Taraba - 21st
Plateau - 22nd
Nassarawa -23rd
Kano - 24th
Borno - 25th
Oyo - 26th
Niger - 27th
Adamawa -28th
Osun -29th
Sokoto - 30th
Bauchi - 31st
Kebbi - 32nd
Katsina - 33rd)
Gombe - 34th
Jigawa - 35th
Zamfara - 36th
Yobe - LAST.

Guy, sorry but I am not impressed.

grin If we blame expo for una result now una go complain, inspite of the overwhelming evidence.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/revealed-3/ - REVEALED! Enugu school where teachers rarely come to work yet receive full pay at month's end.

If una fit uncover and 'close down' a whooping 486 'special exam centers', how the fvck are we suppose to trust anything that comes from that end?

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by CCsurplus007(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

I was also speaking to a close friend from Nnewi, Anambra the other day, and he complained bitterly that Igbos are fast becoming more and more lazy and resorting to cocaine-trafficking, because they claim 'trading is no longer paying'.

lol chai
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by nwadiuko1(m): 10:43am On Feb 09, 2016
Oblongata:
The writer is a buffoon... You are talking WAEC and you are talking about jobs, which company employs WAEC holders? We should be worried if it were graduates he was talking about. No sentiments, but the number of professors from ekiti alone surpassess the number of professors from the first 5 states on that list
you don start again with this your rants
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by niyi123: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2016
shaboti:
Pls leave them, lol. They should continue to delude themselves especially the SW. The worst part is that they'll continue shouting special centre till they find themselves at the very bottom of the table.

Im still shocked that osun state was 29th.. 29th!! Meaning a lot of northern states are now ahead of them. I wonder what they'll say now.. That those northern states have upped their special centre game? grin

I beg you stop alerting them or anything because they will still come here and blame it on 'IPOD youths' lolzzz.

The truth is that there is correlation between technological advancement and educational growth. If we look at it very well, any areas that there is enough access to technology such as internet; it could impacts both positively and negatively. The young ones that are living in interior villages there might be some restrictions to their use of internet which resulted in most of them having enough time for their studies, on the other hand, the ones in cities due to access to internet and the use of gadgets they tend to abuse the use most time all these young ones especially in the cities they hardly use the internet for educative purpose rather they involve in surfing a lot of things about celebrity, romance and the likes which can not contribute to their educational growth.
For clarity purpose, if you take any of those states that are rank higher compare the performance of pupils in the villages and cities, you will discover that the high success rate will be recorded in the villages than the cities.

Lastly, in terms of enrolments and orientation towards western education, the westerners are still in the forefront.

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Rapmoney(m): 10:53am On Feb 09, 2016
CCsurplus007:
From the south-east to the south-west and down to the north education is generally bad in Nigeria and needs urgent attention. Apart from the lack of infrastructures and incentives from the government to teachers, kids these days do not show any desire to learn. How can one explain the fact that an average eight-year-old in lagos knows the lyrics of efejoku off hand but doesn't know how many continents we have in the world ?. Take a trip to any jamb center most prospective undergraduates students writing the exam are more interested in any expo they can lay theirs hands on before the exam starts. The moral decadence social media has caused is a topic for another day. That was how one jamb student boasted to me how he scattered post ume exam immediately after the test. well, I was curious to know the type of questions that was asked. He told me in the current affairs they asked "who the senate president was", I was like the questions are cheap oo. something just told me to ask him and when I did he said " is it not David mark" I shook my head in disbelief with all the news of saraki then when his corruption case just started with CCT I knew he would fail and yes he failed woefully.
Wetin dis guy dey talk sef?
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by livinbygrace: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Most of our politicians from sw are part of this proble,,expecially from 1999 till date.They are encouraging TOUT(AGBERO) by breeding more THUGS.So that has been inculcated into the society.Go to the slum areas they hardly go to school again,most of them forming one local confra or the other,yearning for the survival of the fittest .Gone are those days when the best student comes from ghetto areas like ,OSHODI,MUSHIN,AJEGUNLE,now they no more in existence ,what you hear from those areas now is ONLY AGBERO fighting for parks or toll fee.

2 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
For those of us that served in Se states....make we dey look
And those that served in SW know that sw states don't assign class positions in public schools, the teachers are lazy and are always on strike, so they are not surprised sw states are behind borno.
Sw has more special centres than anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by livinbygrace: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2016
livinbygrace:
Most of our politicians from sw are part of this problem,,expecially from 1999 till date.They are encouraging TOUT(AGBERO) by breeding more THUGS.So that has been inculcated into the society.Go to the slum areas they hardly go to school again,most of them forming one local confra or the other,yearning for the survival of the fittest .Gone are those days when the best student comes from ghetto areas like ,OSHODI,MUSHIN,AJEGUNLE,now they no more in existence ,what you hear from those areas now is ONLY AGBERO fighting for parks or toll fee.
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Oblongata:
IMO has the highest number of professors in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by babyfaceafrica: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And those that served in SW know that sw states don't assign class positions in public schools, the teachers are lazy and are always on strike, so they are not surprised sw states are behind borno.
Sw has more special centres than anywhere in Nigeria
k
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Biafrarep(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2016
Adminisher:

SW people are educating their kids abroad. No self respecting SW middle class guy I know is not asking his kids to do UK exams equivalent of GCE and the US exams as well. The problem is more than idiotic and shallow inter tribal rivalry. The low IQ politician that dumbo made Minister of Education is still in Rivers Government house speaking his poor english without shame.
SMH, so you actually believed this lie you told yourself? Better wake up before its too late, what an escapist Ostrich!

5 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by 9jatatafo(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2016
The truth is ten Nigerian educational system needs serious attention and it's not a state thing
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Dexema(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2016
wellmax:
Inasmuch as I appreciate the fact that the SE is soaring high in WAEC, my experience during my Service Year keeps me worried if what we see is just fantasy. I wont say more than this.
you are the second person saying this on this thread and somehow I'm kinda forced to share my experience too, I served in Anambra and the scale of unintelligent students far tips to one side although there were some promising ones I wished I could help back then, in truth these may be the stats for this year but I still find it hard to believe it truly represents the realities on ground.

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by odogwu125: 11:03am On Feb 09, 2016
flokii:

proper drainage system can rectify and prevent erosion..

moreover we don't have natural disasters atal in Africa compared to those Asian countries..
it can only help save constructed roads frm being damaged by erosion. Erosion is caused by nature of soil and only anambra and enugu are mainly affected in SE. Meanwhile parts of benue, kogi, delta and Edo are also affected

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by AKAKAK(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2016
One thing the report didn't factor in is that the number of WAEC applicants in Lagos alone is more than the whole 5 SE state combined.
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by princejenks(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2016
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone cos igbos have always been known for wanting to dominate any endeavour,good or bad that they engaged in,a fact which ahmadu bello alluded to in one of his speeches urging his brothers to halt their progress by not yielding positions in the civil service to them which they succeeded at doing when some youthful exuberant igbo officers decided to start a coup.

The igbo nation suffered for this one mistake of a few which saw them losing their dominant positions in the civil service to the northerners and southerners after the war ended but they never gave up,rather they went back to their forte,i.e business which they have mastered across generations,and picked up from there. Reading the nigerian situation well,they found education is one key way to get back to reckoning,which they have now employed to the highest levels.

The only area they have not conquered yet is the area of political dominance. If they will succeed in doing so,they must stoop to conquer,gather political consensus across regions and appear harmless(cos they are hated by the rest) while having a political end in mind.

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Honesty007(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2016
You know why iam not worried? Its simply because We south west didn't allow Agriculture which was a source of financial support for our parents and children to thrive.
Also we now started agitating without proper plans for independence,worst,when oil wasnow discovered,we forsook our mainstay and lost interest in Agricbusiness.
Education now became expensive due to the commercialization of educational Institutions.
Politics entered our educational system and spoilt everything our forefathers laboured for.We started depriving one another of a basic legacy all in the name of politics.
Also,christian churches added salt to injury when then established institutions not with the sole aim of helping,but with soleaim of making money.
It is that shift in goal that is discouraging education in Southwest.
Who wants to read when there is going to be hunger?
Who wants to waste time reading when there is no hope of employment after graduation?
Which parent on white collar/government jobs can afford to pay huge fees of their wards in tertiary institutions when Government doesnt even pay their salary's.
Again commercialization of education is the bribery and corruption pandemic that has destroyed education in the south west.
Let us return back to agriculture,so that we cn hv income to support our children in tertiary institutions

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by anigbajumo(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2016
hurricaneChris:
the craziest and amazing thing is that, while their parents were drinking milk and honey during the civil war in these other regions, those in the South East were being starved to death.

Today, things have changed, Igbos are leading in anything academics. Imo state has the highest professors, Anambra leads in anything secondary school competition and now Abia State is leading in WAEC

Onye Chi ya goziri, ala Naijiriya agaghi egbuli ya.

Bro,u need to do yer research very well before yer conclusion. Ekiti state has the highest number of professor in Nigeria.... Wikipedia is their to back up my point if u dnt believe.
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Viktor1983(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2016
AKAKAK:
I am a core core Yoruba (Ile ife) man but I love the spirit of our Igbo and SS brothers, they represent everywhere in everything in Nigeria from business to football, entertainment, entrepreneurship, innovation, education just name it the only aspect I don't like is that they also lead in bad aspects like drug peddling and kidnapping while you hardly hear of kidnapping in the SW nor North its an everyday thing in the SS and SE, but in all sha I love their spirit they are never behind in anything be it Good bad and ugly.

Thanks papi. We love the south west too.
it's just that naturally we are pitted against each other as competitors, which I think is healthy.
We are not proud of the nappings and other ills but we all have our shortcomings and victories too.
The future of this country lies more on human resources which I know the se and sw have in abundance, its also a good thing that the ss are getting it right too.
To the future bro! God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by anigbajumo(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........In davido's voice "see original gobe"!!!

1 Like

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by amtaken(f): 11:18am On Feb 09, 2016
Special centre my foot.

Excuses for failure doesn't make anyone successful.

Get up and work!

Study your books, you too can become successful in your exams.

Dakada!!!

deleib:
it's a thing to get result n it's another thing to defend it. most of those that make waec in se make use of special centre. in fact this is the order of d day in both ss n se bt in d sw it is curb to d barest minimum.
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by juman(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2016
I wonder why apc thinks they are progressive party.

The only thing apc is good at is noise making.
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 09, 2016
juman:
I wonder why apc thinks they are progressive party.

The only thing apc is good at is noise making.
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by SSpeter(m): 11:31am On Feb 09, 2016
GodMode:

Seaport or no seaport Lagos was destined to be a nice place as long as the indigenes are peaceful... do you think Lagos would be conducive if the indigenes were always rioting and destroying things.

the SE f**ked up big time by going to war... 2 years after the civil war there was oil boom... if ojukwu didn't lead the igbos to war and if ironsi didn't abolish regionalism (just to reap where he did not sow by taking contributions from the SW).. the SE and SS would own the oil and would have used it to develop.

but like my igbo friend said.... The SE may have gone to war against the SS if regionalism was still practised because of the oil..
be frank and candid who were the peaceful Indigenous ppl of lagos that brought development?...are you oblivious of the 1993 riot in lagos? do you know the level of damage that was done? Almost every non yoruba and you left lagos for safety. After the riot who built back those facilities? it was FG? Let me also let you after Akwa ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa the next oil producing state is IMO.....i am not saying you should be sympathetic to the Igbos for fighting a war? It happened and is bygone. What am saying is the amount of money FG have spent in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja....half have not been spent on any SE eastern...whether you choose to see it or not....whether you choose to close your eyes or not...whether you choose to look the other way...doesn't change the truth

2 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by odogwu125: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2016
AKAKAK:
One thing the report didn't factor in is that the number of WAEC applicants in Lagos alone is more than the whole 5 SE state combined.
percentage was used

3 Likes

Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by ejiyke2007(m): 11:35am On Feb 09, 2016
NICE
Re: Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried by ProfDumbledor(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2016
TamunoRichard:
But the south west would still dominate in the bussiness and labour sector because all we the south south and the south east think is only school while the people from the south west after or before schooling are going for other proffesional training and leadership certifation programmes to boost their cv, therefore beating you with 9 A's in the labour market any day any time.

We can beat them in exams, but they calculates the bussiness and the labour market more than us.
Keep deceiving and deluding yourself. I have no doubt you live in Lagos and have never gone out of SW in your entire life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shot Dead (Photo) / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) / Lautech Reduces Tuition Fee Of Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.