Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 (104213 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Eniqurl(f): 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
More Pls!!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by stuff46(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
adeh39:

Caring? undecided

I guess the word "Caring" means something different in your dictionary

There are only two people that will see you sitting down and put up that act. Either your mum or a random guy.

Shift jor, assif you no know say free drink de for that kind parol.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
No qualms.
stuff46:

Reading mode bae, saw your mention and I gave in time to read. You surely need to join us know the whatsapp group o, how do you see it?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
adeh39:

Caring? undecided

I guess the word "Caring" means something different in your dictionary
Kai Kai Kai. u ehn
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by AbooTasleemah1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
Chai! Where thy update?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Lilyomi2:

Kai Kai Kai. u ehn

Lol, wetin i do? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 30, 2016
stuff46:

There are only two people that will see you sitting down and put up that act. Either your mum or a random guy.

Shift jor, assif you no know say free drink de for that kind parol.

Free drink ko undecided
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by handie(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2016
D9ty7, to celebrate ur story being on FP on a weekend, biko come give us 5 straight updates
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2016
I realized Obinnau is really working for the literature section. Of late I see more literature section topics at the frontpage. Thumbs up bro.
one thing I like about D9ty7 is the fact that there is at least a touch of reality in his stories. Men in power are almost always right.

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by coolbreezy01: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2016
Kip it up bro...Read all ur stories n i say ur talent iz perfumin...Following 2 d end...
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by phuminex: 12:14am On May 01, 2016
winkNice one bro
Patiently waiting for the update
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by lorelife(m): 5:22pm On May 02, 2016
plzzz, i need more updates. U're gud bro. More brains 2 u.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by bobby5o5(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2016
Bruh i feel ur story man waiting intently for an update
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 11:31am On May 03, 2016
It was another reason to smile as Ojo was again granted bail after the trial was adjourned. All thanks to Detective Farouk’s expertise and Barrister Ben’s genuinety. Seated beside him was Lola, and also in the living room with us is Farouk and Ben. Ojo, with all hopes lost seems to have been given a new lifeline which is a sign of good things to come. As a helpless man who had nobody, not even a friend who could help him out of his present predicament. But, for Lola who is friends with Ben and Ben who is friends with Farouk. Without involving him, agreement was made and they all agreed to work free of charge. And with the way they have handled the case, one would think they have been promised a billion naira each. “But, are you sure that your evidence are genuine?” Ben asked all of a sudden. “I can bet it with anything. No one can counter my evidences in court. They all points to another direction, making Ojo a victim of circumstance and being at the wrong place at the wrong time.” Farouk explained. “That means we can all go home happy?” Ben asked. “Exactly.” Farouk replied. “And I sincerely do hope the evidences are well kept. You know, there are some cabals against us. They won’t give us a smooth ride. Who knows? They may be searching franctically for you and your evidence.” Ben explained. “I have thought about that. And moreso, the entire evidence is kept with the least expected person known to me. She is a friend, but no one knows, not even you. And I plan meeting you over the weekend so we can discuss extensively on it. I want you to have an idea of your argument.” “Good idea. But, can we trust your unknown friend?” Ben asked. “You do not know who you’ll do without in situations like this.” Farouk replied. “I have to go, it is 3PM already. I don’t want to miss the 4PM prayer.” The two friends stood up and made for the exit, just in time when Ojo walked Lola out of his room. “So, you are going to leave without telling us? ehn Mr Farouk?” Lola asked smiling. “I have somewhere I am rushing to. And by the way, you didn’t tell anybody before you left us in the living room. So, we are squared.” Farouk replied. Moments later, they are all standing next to detective Farouk’s car. “So, I’ll give you a call, and keep your eyes on your mail. I may just send the evidences over.” He said before zooming out of the compound. “Let me give you a ride.” Ben said to Lola who was ready to leave too. “No, thanks. I’ll find my way.” She declined as she moved closer to Ojo, enveloped him in a hug and kissed him lightly on the lip. “I’ll be here tomorrow love.” She whispered, but loud enough for the next person to hear. “Alright Ben, I’ll call you.” She said to the lawyer whose face was full of jealousy, but only covered with a plastic smile. “Take care.” He replied. ——— Inside a dimly lit room, a group of ten men were seated, all looking gloomy, even in the dark. The atmosphere was tensed, misty and could make an outsider uncomfortable. “Barrister, today is the day, we have had enough.” A man who sat on a different chair, more like a throne began. “It is obvious we can’t win in court, but we can win in court.” He continued. “So, you’ll watch Farouk for the next few hours, then kill him at any slight chance you’ve got.” “Okay boss.” One of the men replied. “He outsmarted us the first time, we can’t let him do it again. Now is the time to wipe him off. We can’t let him win against us in court with his evidence, allowing that will not only free the inoccent Ojo, but incriminate all of us.” The boss explained further. “So, tonight is the night. Failure to wipe Detective Farouk out of the surface of the earth today is the end for you, Scorpion.” He said to the man who has been replying him since he started talking. “I am not new in the game, so I know what is at stake.”

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2016
The time was 7:30PM as detective Farouk sped on the expressway leading to his house. Being a bachelor who has no woman or child waiting at home, he has the habit of returning home late every night. To him, his night is not complete without first making stops at a bar downtown where he will have a couple of drinks with catfish pepper soup, after which he would stop at any fastfood joint to either sit down to a plate of Amala or a take away. Today was a bit different as he had driven to FESTAC where he met Ada, the girl he met weeks ago at the supermarket, the same girl he gave his shopping bags and stuffs to in a bid to outsmart his stalkers. They had become friends since then, and Farouk felt something for her, but couldn’t make a move because he still wanted Sharon, the girl he had deflowered. Safely placed on the passenger seat was a flask in which fried rice and chicken was carefully dished. Ada had prepared the meal, prior to his arrival, and after eating a plate, he complimented her cooking and she rewarded him with another plate to take home. He couldn’t say who was the better cook between Ada and Sharon, even though he had eaten Sharon’s food on more than one occassion, it is safe to say he has gotten used to her food, but Ada’s food which he had ate on a few occassion still felt new to him, and above all, delicious. When considering how the two ladies understood him, Farouk knew Sharon self centered, stubborn and inconsiderate but Ada is more caring and understanding. He stepped on the accelerator as he allowed the speed meter run to it’s limit. It was his ritual to enter his street at full speed. “pim pim pim pim.” He horned impatiently even though he got no reply. “Where on earth is this useless boy?” He thought as he hornked again. Still not getting any response, he alighted and made for the bif black gate. “Adamu, where you dey?” He asked as he knocked loudly. Just like a movie, a wine coloured Nissan Murano came speeding on the opposite road and before Farouk could react, the car stopped in front of him and someone from the backseat released two quick shots. The first on his arm, and the other on his chest. The young detective fell down as loads of blood gushed out of his perforated body parts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tdemo(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
kontinue

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 4:44pm On May 03, 2016
Kai abeg make this thing dey long naw... No blame me oo, as who no like better things. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Julianah42: 4:52pm On May 03, 2016
Jesus!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Orlolahdey(f): 8:24pm On May 03, 2016
Oh my God! ..dat's aw d evidence is killed.. great job dee God bless

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by evaZee: 8:53pm On May 03, 2016
Pls detective farouk don't die oh. Who will eat the fried rice Ada suffered to make for you nah

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Eniqurl(f): 7:07am On May 04, 2016
sad sad sad
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 10:49am On May 04, 2016
RIP Farouk.

As smart as you are, experienced as you are, and witnessed what happened at the super market... You never considered being environmental conscious at that time..... Even Michael scofield who wasn't a police officer did.

... I hope you are given a second chance though.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 6:38pm On May 04, 2016
Ehya farouk out.......case worsen
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 6:43pm On May 04, 2016
Ehya farouk out of the game.....cases worsens
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nancywealth(f): 7:30pm On May 04, 2016
embarassedhmmm
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by missuniverse(f): 7:33pm On May 04, 2016
Chia!
Farouk! Farouk!! Farouk!!!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by DrRasheed: 7:03am On May 05, 2016
I enjoys d story.. Improve update rate atleast !!
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:45am On May 06, 2016

OJO

As the ray of sun hit my face, I squinted as I tried to cover my eyes. Just then I heard the door into my room open, forcing me to turn away from the window to look at whoever was just coming in.
“Good morning.” Sharon greeted. “I’m sorry, I never knew you are awake. I should have knocked.” She added.
“Good morning, how was your night?” I replied.
“Splendid and yours?”
“As you can see, I am just waking up. That tells how good my night was.” I replied, drawing out laughter from her.
“Uncle Ben would like to see you.” She said.
“Okay, tell him I’ll be there in a minute.” I replied discharging her.
Once she was out of the room, I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and rinsed my face, after which I left for the living room.
Barrister Ben was having breakfast when I entered and immediately, he rounded up his meal.
“I will have my breakfast later.” I replied when he asked if I would like to be served.
“Okay, the reason I called you is nothing serious, but at the same time it is something serious.” He began. “First of all, we are starting your discharge argument today. I have prepared the notes based on what Farouk told me.” He paused to drink from his tea cup before continuing. “And with the evidences from Detective Farouk, we can be confident of laying a good precedence before the actual trial.”
“I really appreciate all that you have done for me. Despite the fact that you do not know me or anything. You gave me the benefit of doubt, took me into your home, gave me food and still went out of the way to defend me in court, including inviting your detective friend. I really appreciate it.”
He smiled. “It is always a dream of mine to be a Public Defender. So, I am only fulfilling that dream.” He replied. “And moreso, Omolola who introduced you to me is someone I respect a lot. She can’t ask for one thing and I won’t give her double.” He added.
There and then, I made up my mind not to let Omolola slip from my hand. Even though I am assured as she is pregnant, but the world is a crazy place, anything can happen. But, not succumbing to the craziness of the world will only make nothing happen.
“Are you with me?” He asked.
“Yes sir. I am.” I replied.
“Did you get my question?” He asked.
“Not really.” I replied.
“I asked you what is between you and Omolola?”
“I don’t seem to understand that question.” I replied, letting my confusion become obvious.
“I mean, she introduced you as her first cousin, but all I have seen you exchange everytime you are together are more than family glances. They seem intimate…..” He explained.
I wanted to reply, but the sound of his ringing phone stopped me.
“Hello, who is this?” He said on picking up, probably trying to let the caller know his call won’t be given much seriousness unless he or she does the introduction.
“What?” I could see his face crease in shock. “When did that happen?” He asked. “Oh! My God.” He wailed as the call ended.
“What’s the problem sir?” I felt the need to ask and so I did.
“Farouk was found dead outside his gate this morning.” He replied.
“What?” I exclaimed as I felt yet again, my hope crumbling before me.
Sharon rushed into the living room. “What is the problem?” She asked.
“Detective Farouk is dead.” I replied.
As if hit with the butt of a gun, Sharon fell to the ground and passed out.
OH LORD, FROM WHERE WILL MY HELPER COME?

--tbc....
For more, visit: www.penprimus.com

2 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:47am On May 06, 2016

OJO

I was sitting inside the reception area at the central police department alongside Barrister Ben who choosed to accompany me to meet with the Chief investigator.
“I still can’t believe Farouk is dead.” Ben said, a little bit loud, enough for me to hear.
“Same here. Such a young man.” I replied.
“And we have come a long way. Since the days of writing UTME and every qualifying exams. He was my bestman.” He went on. “And my ex-wife liked him a lot.” I have never seen him talk about his wife.
“But the police must bring his killers to book. Justice must prevail.” I replied, ignoring the fact that I myself needed as much justice as possible before wishing someone else.
“And to say he never told me where and how to get the evidence to defend your case.” The latest revelation sort of melted my heart, my hopes and dreams. All the beautiful starts all seem to have gone down the drain.
“God will lead us aright.” I blurted the only thing that came to my mind.
“Welcome sir.” The police officers on duty greeted a new man who was clad in suit and this seems to bring me out of my reverie.
“Is the DPO on seat?” He asked.
There is something familiar about the new man’s voice, but I kept my cool.
“No sir, but the IPO is on seat even though presently in a meeting.” One of the officers replied.
“Okay, so I’ll have to wait until he is done right?” He asked as he took a seat beside Barrister Ben. “Good morning.”
“Yeah, good morning.” Ben replied.
“Are you a lawyer?” The new man asked just when the Inspector in charge of the case walked in.
“Good Morning Barrister Ben.” Inspector Noah greeted.
“Good morning sir.” Ben replied as he shook hands with him.
“Are you the IPO?” The new man in suit asked.
“Yes, and how may I help you?”Inspector Caleb replied.
“I am Barrister David. Son of Late Barrister Joe, I want to believe his case is being handled here?” He asked.
“Definitely! It’s nice to see you sir.” Noah said as he shook hands with the man all over again. “Let’s go into my office.”
“But, officer, I have been sitting here all day.” Ben protested.
“I’m sorry Barrister, but the man of the case is here. The new prosecuting counsel. Let your client wait behind for me.” Inspector Noah replied as he led his guest to his office, while Ben stood in shock.
“You know what? Ojo, you’ll wait behind. I need to get to the office right now. Once the IPO is ready to meet you, give me a call.” Ben said and with this, he hurriedly left the police office.
I returned to my seat, deep in thoughts that I didn’t know when I slept off.
I didn’t know for how long I slept, but when I woke up, the barrister who went in with the Investigating police officer was standing before me.
“You killed my father?” He asked.
I calmly stood up, while rubbing my eyes to ascertain if it is a dream or real.
“You had the nerve to kill my father despite the fact that he was your helper. You betrayed him cos some rich politicians gave you huge sum to pull it off.” For a moment, I wish somebody can just come to my aid by playing the footage from that night.
“Listen to me young man. No matter how much you collected to kill my dad, you will spend everything fighting this case. I know you have a good lawyer, but be prepared to change him soonest.” With this, he walked away.
I stood in confusion as his last words kept replaying. “Why will I change Ben from being my lawyer?”

--tbc...
For more, visit; www.penprimus.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Chronicles Of Tracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.