Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Islam Vs Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Vs Christianity (2372 Views)

Islam vs Christianity. / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Which Religion Support Terrorism? Islam Vs Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Vs Christianity by MarvelJ: 1:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Ive always believed in the message of jesus christ as a messenger and prophet of Allah (swt). Any muslim who doesnt believe in the message of Isa (jesus) A.S is not regarded as a complete muslim, or person who doesnt believe in the message of moses, joseph etc. So with the little i know about christianity and also help of my online research, even though some misquote for only God knows why. Islam and christianity have alot in common. Reason is because they re the words of God.

MUSLIMS AND BIBLE

No sincere and well informed Muslim would have problem believing every statement of God and all that came out of the blessed lips of Jesus Christ in the Bible.
Our problem are with the statements of historians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 1:48am On Feb 10, 2016
Please, remove those hearsays because the so called pillars as in islam does not exist in christianity.

Anything that is not about Jesus is not for us.

1 Like

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:
Please, remove those hearsays because the so called pillars as in islam does not exist in christianity.

Anything that is not about Jesus is not for us.
Romans 2:1 ESV

Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 1:55am On Feb 10, 2016
By the evidence provided by wikipedia.
Christianity had more than 10.5 million convert from islam in the year 2015.

I know u muslims will doubt it, but the number is really low when compared to what has bee going on many years before 2015.

But I have to give God thanks for showing people his light.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Christianity_from_Islam

1 Like

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 2:09am On Feb 10, 2016
Christianity had more than 10.5 million convert from islam in the year 2015. I think will be expecting x10 of the 2015 in this year 2016, lol.

While pew website is just there to hype islam, without knowing that they are killing them the more by giving them"fake 2050 hope" (and giving them voice that is gradually calling the westerns for caution, making them to start mounting cctv in mosques) which they can only get through biological means while we are in era were birth control is being cried for.

Please, I plead with more muslims to endure the condition that will be impose on them by the west, because I have a dream where muslims will stop borning like rats and rabbits.

I know u muslims will doubt it, but the number is really low when compared to what has bee going on many years before 2015.

1 Like

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:
Christianity had more than 10.5 million convert from islam in the year 2015. I think will be expecting x10 of the 2015 in this year 2016, lol.

While pew website is just there to hype islam, without knowing that they are killing them the more by giving them"fake 2050 hope" (and giving them voice that is gradually calling the westerns for caution, making them to start mounting cctv in mosques) which they can only get through biological means while we are in era were birth control is being cried for.

Please, I plead with more muslims to endure the condition that will be impose on them by the west, because I have a dream where muslims will stop borning like rats and rabbits.

I'm not a huge fan of wikipedia as a source, for obvious reasons. But since you sourced a stat , I took a gander on wikipedia and this caught me eye. Whatcha think. Again I'm not a real fan of wikipedia as a source
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 2:34am On Feb 10, 2016
hockeyoilers:

I'm not a huge fan of wikipedia as a source, for obvious reasons. But since you sourced a stat , I took a gander on wikipedia and this caught me eye. Whatcha think. Again I'm not a real fan of wikipedia as a source
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_population_growth
My friend stop cheating yourself!
Prediction can NEVER be 100% correct, that's why it is called prediction

Accept christ to be your lord.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

My friend stop cheating yourself!
Prediction can NEVER be 100% correct, that's why it is called prediction

Accept christ to be your lord.

The Bible clearly says in a few places no man has seen God. So how can prophet Jesus peace be upon him, be God ?
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 10, 2016
You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live! Exodus 33:20 (NASB)
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 7:07am On Feb 10, 2016
hockeyoilers:
You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live! Exodus 33:20 (NASB)
Mind you, that verse is talking about seeing God face to face. But moses was the only man that saw God in the OT, he didn't see the face but the back.

But, how does seeing God and not seeing God concerns dis post?
Are you okay? Derailing?
CONFUSIONISTA!!!

I can feel your pain, sorry.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by annunaki2(m): 7:20am On Feb 10, 2016
MarvelJ:
Ive always believed in the message of jesus christ as a messenger and prophet of Allah (swt). Any muslim who doesnt believe in the message of Isa (jesus) A.S is not regarded as a complete muslim, or person who doesnt believe in the message of moses, joseph etc. So with the little i know about christianity and also help of my online research, even though some misquote for only God knows why. Islam and christianity have alot in common. Reason is because they re the words of God.

MUSLIMS AND BIBLE

No sincere and well informed Muslim would have problem believing every statement of God and all that came out of the blessed lips of Jesus Christ in the Bible.
Our problem are with the statements of historians.

Al taqquiya nonsense, if muslims believe the teachings of Jesus, they will renounce islam and convert to christianity. The teachings of christ is not compatible with that of mohamed, Jesus preached unconditional love and forgiveness whilst mohamed preached hatred against non muslims and his atrocities were limitless. Clearly no basis for comparison apart from the old trick that mohamed used to gain credibility for his invented religion by lying that Jesus was a prophet of allaah.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 10, 2016
annunaki2:

Al taqquiya nonsense, if muslims believe the teachings of Jesus, they will renounce islam and convert to christianity. The teachings of christ is not compatible with that of mohamed, Jesus preached unconditional love and forgiveness whilst mohamed preached hatred against non muslims and his atrocities were limitless. Clearly no basis for comparison apart from the old trick that mohamed used to gain credibility for his invented religion by lying that Jesus was a prophet of allaah.
A major part of the Prophet’s mission was to bring peace to the world. One of the ways in which he strove towards this end was to attempt to convince people that all men and women, albeit inhabiting very different regions of the world, and different from one another in color, culture and language, et cetera, were in fact blood brothers and sisters. His message was crucial, for a proper relationship of love and respect can be established only if that is how human beings regard one another. To inculcate such feelings, the Prophet would preach to his followers, "You are all Adam’s offspring and Adam was made of clay." And in his prayers to his Creator, he said, "O Lord, all Your servants are brothers."

The Prophet would exhort his followers to live in peace with their fellow men, saying, “A true believer is one with whom others feel secure,” one who returns love for hatred. He used to teach the believers that anyone who would return love only when love was given belonged on a lower ethical plane. The true believer never reasons that only if people treat him well that he will treat them well in return. He is accustomed rather to doing good to those who mistreat him, and to refrain from harming those who do him injury. The Prophet himself set the example. All his recorded words and actions reveal him as a man of great gentleness, kindness, humility, good humor and excellent common sense, with a great love for all people and even for animals.

Despite his position as leader, the Prophet never believed himself to be greater or better than other people. He never made others feel small, unwanted or embarrassed. He urged his followers to behave kindly and humbly, releasing slaves whenever possible, and giving in charity — especially to very poor people, orphans and prisoners — without any thought of reward.

He told the people that "every religion has some special characteristic, that of Islam being modesty." In the absence of such a virtue, no community can have lasting peace. The Prophet’s own modesty, coupled with great strength of character, is depicted in a well-known story of an old Makkan woman who hated the Prophet. Every morning when the Prophet passed by her house, she would empty a basket of rubbish on his head from the upper story of her house. He never once remonstrated with her about this. One day, when the Prophet passed through this area, no rubbish fell on his head. Thinking that the old woman must be ill, he went upstairs to inquire how she was, and found her ill in bed. When she discovered that the Prophet had come to see her, she began to weep, "I ill-treated you, and now you come to inquire after my health!" Ultimately, she became one of his followers. What strength of character, what patience and tolerance the Prophet evinced in refusing to be provoked, preferring rather to show kindness and magnanimity to one who had wished him ill.

His was a high moral character, so that even if badly treated by others, he went on returning good for evil. People harmed him, yet he would pray for them. He would remain patient in the face of oppression and, regardless of the provocation, he would refrain from becoming incensed. In setting this example, his aim was to fashion souls that were God-oriented, that found Allah so great that everything else paled into insignificance. He wanted everyone to have such boundless peace of mind that nothing could disturb him. Such balanced individuals would never then become prey to worldliness. Totally free from negative reaction, they would then be able to turn everything in this world, whether material or spiritual, into food for more profound thought, rather than into pretexts for rash and vengeful action.

The essence of this philosophy is expressed in one of the Prophet’s sayings: "Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of Allah in private and in public; justness, whether in anger or in calmness; moderation in both poverty and affluence; that I should join hands with those who break away from me; and give to those who deprive me; and forgive those who wrong me; and that my silence should be meditation; and my words be remembrance of Allah; and my vision be keen observation."

Throughout the first thirteen years of his Mission, Prophet Muhammad preached in Makkah, but it was in the face of bitter opposition from the Makkans. When it became impossible for him to stay there, he left for Madinah. Wars were waged against him, but he showed his antagonists that the power of peace was far greater than that of war. The peace treaty of al-Hudaybiyyah is a clear example of this, when the Prophet agreed to every demand his antagonists made on the sole assurance that peace would subsequently prevail.

His life’s experience ranged from penury to prosperity, from defeat to success, yet whatever the degree of well-being or hardship, he steadfastly trod the path of moderation. At all times and right till the end, he remained a patient and grateful servant of the Almighty, bringing his message of peace and tolerance to mankind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Please, I have answered this question about jesus being God, time without number.

But, willingly do me a favour by opening your heart to understand this now and to get it right, once and for all.

Jesus(almighty God, not made flesh yet) was the one Moses saw when he asked God to see his back because no one can withstand his face in the ALMIGHTY FORM. Moses saw God in his ALMIGHTY FORM and not by HUMAN FORM as jesus, because the word which is God has not been made flesh yet for the remission of our sin.

That's why Jesus said; "before Abraham, I AM".

"I am the beginning and the end"

All these things are not Joke, they are real.

THE NAME, JESUS CAME INTO EXISTENCE when the word(which is God) was made flesh and then the flesh was named Jesus.

John 1:1-3"1. In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

So, Jesus is the WORD OF GOD WHICH WAS GOD(also confirmed by Quran).

Go and read the whole chapter of John 1, so you can get the more revelation about Jesus.

He was not a MERE man. But an incarnate son of himself(almighty form) who has been prophesied about 860yrs before his birth.

So now, he is 100% GOD BY DIVINITY and 100% HUMANITY.

Any other question you can let me know.
Thank you! Beloved in christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by annunaki2(m): 8:04am On Feb 10, 2016
hockeyoilers:

A major part of the Prophet’s mission was to bring peace to the world. One of the ways in which he strove towards this end was to attempt to convince people that all men and women, albeit inhabiting very different regions of the world, and different from one another in color, culture and language, et cetera, were in fact blood brothers and sisters. His message was crucial, for a proper relationship of love and respect can be established only if that is how human beings regard one another. To inculcate such feelings, the Prophet would preach to his followers, "You are all Adam’s offspring and Adam was made of clay." And in his prayers to his Creator, he said, "O Lord, all Your servants are brothers."

The Prophet would exhort his followers to live in peace with their fellow men, saying, “A true believer is one with whom others feel secure,” one who returns love for hatred. He used to teach the believers that anyone who would return love only when love was given belonged on a lower ethical plane. The true believer never reasons that only if people treat him well that he will treat them well in return. He is accustomed rather to doing good to those who mistreat him, and to refrain from harming those who do him injury. The Prophet himself set the example. All his recorded words and actions reveal him as a man of great gentleness, kindness, humility, good humor and excellent common sense, with a great love for all people and even for animals.

Despite his position as leader, the Prophet never believed himself to be greater or better than other people. He never made others feel small, unwanted or embarrassed. He urged his followers to behave kindly and humbly, releasing slaves whenever possible, and giving in charity — especially to very poor people, orphans and prisoners — without any thought of reward.

He told the people that "every religion has some special characteristic, that of Islam being modesty." In the absence of such a virtue, no community can have lasting peace. The Prophet’s own modesty, coupled with great strength of character, is depicted in a well-known story of an old Makkan woman who hated the Prophet. Every morning when the Prophet passed by her house, she would empty a basket of rubbish on his head from the upper story of her house. He never once remonstrated with her about this. One day, when the Prophet passed through this area, no rubbish fell on his head. Thinking that the old woman must be ill, he went upstairs to inquire how she was, and found her ill in bed. When she discovered that the Prophet had come to see her, she began to weep, "I ill-treated you, and now you come to inquire after my health!" Ultimately, she became one of his followers. What strength of character, what patience and tolerance the Prophet evinced in refusing to be provoked, preferring rather to show kindness and magnanimity to one who had wished him ill.

His was a high moral character, so that even if badly treated by others, he went on returning good for evil. People harmed him, yet he would pray for them. He would remain patient in the face of oppression and, regardless of the provocation, he would refrain from becoming incensed. In setting this example, his aim was to fashion souls that were God-oriented, that found Allah so great that everything else paled into insignificance. He wanted everyone to have such boundless peace of mind that nothing could disturb him. Such balanced individuals would never then become prey to worldliness. Totally free from negative reaction, they would then be able to turn everything in this world, whether material or spiritual, into food for more profound thought, rather than into pretexts for rash and vengeful action.

The essence of this philosophy is expressed in one of the Prophet’s sayings: "Nine things the Lord has commanded me: Fear of Allah in private and in public; justness, whether in anger or in calmness; moderation in both poverty and affluence; that I should join hands with those who break away from me; and give to those who deprive me; and forgive those who wrong me; and that my silence should be meditation; and my words be remembrance of Allah; and my vision be keen observation."

Throughout the first thirteen years of his Mission, Prophet Muhammad preached in Makkah, but it was in the face of bitter opposition from the Makkans. When it became impossible for him to stay there, he left for Madinah. Wars were waged against him, but he showed his antagonists that the power of peace was far greater than that of war. The peace treaty of al-Hudaybiyyah is a clear example of this, when the Prophet agreed to every demand his antagonists made on the sole assurance that peace would subsequently prevail.

His life’s experience ranged from penury to prosperity, from defeat to success, yet whatever the degree of well-being or hardship, he steadfastly trod the path of moderation. At all times and right till the end, he remained a patient and grateful servant of the Almighty, bringing his message of peace and tolerance to mankind.

Is it the same mohamed that is recorded in the hadiths and quoran to be a war monger, murderer, slave trader, rapist, paedophile, sex maniac, armed robber, liar and narcissist that you are talking about here undecided
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2016
annunaki2:

Is it the same mohamed that is recorded in the hadiths and quoran to be a war monger, murderer, slave trader, rapist, paedophile, sex maniac, armed robber, liar and narcissist that you are talking about here undecided

Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Vs Christianity by annunaki2(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Firstly - if indeed the marriage of Lady Aisha was something which was despicable even at that time and in that culture, this fact would never have been recorded for posterity and all efforts to conceal or cloud it would have been undertaken.

But the fact that this hadith had reached us after it was recorded centuries ago and to all the Muslim generations in between proved that the marriage was culturally and morally acceptable and the fact is also that the Muslim community at that time remained unshakened in its faith in his Prophethood and the message which he had brought bear testimony to this assertion.

Secondly - we have to look at the life of Lady Aisha afterwards. She was without doubt one of the foremost scholars of Islam. It is even said that she had attained in her lifetime the position of Mufti - someone capable of giving religious rulings - a position very few Muslims will ever occupy.

She was seeked by many, both men and women, who hungered for knowledge and they came to her from all directions, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria. History does not know of any woman who was approached by so many for such a noble purpose.

If indeed she had became a victim of sexual abuse she would in most probability be devastated emotionally, psychologically, mentally and perhaps even physically but the achievements she had made in her life after the death of the Prophet proved that she was a woman who was in complete control of her faculties, becoming one of the intellectual giants of Islam.

And the fact that she had spoken so dearly of the Prophet was indicative of the innocence of the marriage and of the impeccable character of her husband because given the trust enjoyed by her by the virtue of her relationship with him, she could have unleashed a vengeful attack against him by attributing to him words or deeds of horrendous nature if indeed she was a victim of his supposed lust, destroying both the Prophet and Islam.

No sexual abuse victim would ever spoke positively of her attacker, much less becoming a channel that promote love and understanding of him and the message which he had brought

One would expect mohamed who claims to be a prophet to know better even if paedophilia was acceptable in his time. He is supposed to be an example for muslims for all ages but today muslims find a lot of mohamed's atrocities repugnant. Mohammed was also a caravan thief and his followers recorded it because they saw nothing wrong with it. It all goes to show how low the morals of mohammed and the arab people of his time were.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by MarvelJ: 9:10am On Feb 10, 2016
annunaki2:

Your hatred for my religion cant make me start a mature debate with you about religion. So like God told MUHAMMAD in the quran,

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Say: Oh you who turn away
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
Your way is yours, and my way is mine.

Cheers
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by annunaki2(m): 9:30am On Feb 10, 2016
MarvelJ:

Your hatred for my religion cant make me start a mature debate with you about religion. So like God told MUHAMMAD in the quran,

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Say: Oh you who turn away
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
Your way is yours, and my way is mine.

Cheers

I have no apologies for hating islam after all it was mohammed that started preaching hatred and teaching muslims to hate non muslims. I never used to hate islam until I studied the quoran and realised it was a very dangerous cult like religion. That aside I really am not interested in having any 'mature' debate with a muslim apologist because I realise muslims always resort to a lot of lies in these debates to project islam in good light contrary to the true teachings of mohamed and truth be told these glaring lies always tick me off.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2016
I've never been a fan of comparing islam with christianity and its quite simple, its like the Quran says, "Indeed, the religion near Allah (is) Islam. And not differed those who were given the Book except after [what] came to them [the] knowledge out of envy among them. And whoever disbelieves in (the) Verses (of) Allah, then indeed, Allah (is) swift (in taking) account. its quite clear" one is the clearly the one true religion and the other is the biggest joke ever told which proves the extreme depths of stuupidity of mankind. How can one possibly in his right mind wake up and call himself a christian? reading the bible alone should go a long way in destroying your faith.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 9:49am On Feb 10, 2016
VomeSchakleton:
I've never been a fan of comparing islam with christianity and its quite simple, its like the Quran says, "Indeed, the religion near Allah (is) Islam. And not differed those who were given the Book except after [what] came to them [the] knowledge out of envy among them. And whoever disbelieves in (the) Verses (of) Allah, then indeed, Allah (is) swift (in taking) account. its quite clear" one is the clearly the one true religion and the other is the biggest joke ever told which proves the extreme depths of stuupidity of mankind. How can one possibly in his right mind wake up and call himself a christian? reading the bible alone should go a long way in destroying your faith.
So how can it destroy your faith? To see if I can help you.
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

So how can it destroy your faith? To see if I can help you.

help me? LOL I'm fvcking dead!
Re: Islam Vs Christianity by promisechuks: 10:08am On Feb 10, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

help me? LOL I'm fvcking dead!
Yea, I want to help you. Or are you intentionally blaspheming against God.
I cry for you to allow me help you, because allah is taking you to a red zone.
Please!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hon.patrick Obionhagbon Xmas Greetings. / .. / Why Do Married Women Bear Their Husbands Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.