Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was (13214 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Says I Am The Cause Of His Problem / My Husband Says He Owns Me- Help Me Understand! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2005
My husband says I've changed from the person I was when we first got married. It's not like I love him any less - infact I love him more now.

It's just that well, we're married and so life goes on. There are so many things to do and think about. Sometimes lovey dovey can get so technical. The kids, the job, church, I get tired.

Please how do I balance?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by Seun(m): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2005
When your husband says you're not the person he married, it simply means that you have 6 months to 2 years (depending on the character of your husband) before he starts seeing another woman whose character is more like what he used to admire in you when he married you. It will start as emotional infidelity and end up as sexual infidelity.

Left to me, you should take a sabbatical from your church activities, and devote the extra time your husband. Use that time to do all those things you used to do. God will understand because he is not a destroyer of homes. Do you know that, even from the bible, your responsibility to your husband is a higher priority than your responsibility in church?

Please do not let your job and your church rob you of your home and your happiness. If your husband leaves you, your pastor will not marry you. I have said my own o, because there is fire on the mountain! Married Nairalanders, am I lying?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2005
You Lie SEUN! He doesn't mean
Seun:

...........that you have 6 months to 2 years (depending on the character of your husband) before he starts seeing another woman whose character is more like what he used to admire in you when he married you. It will start as emotional infidelity and end up as sexual infidelity.
Are you kidding me Seun?
alheri, your husband may very well be the one who has changed, so don't let him blackmail you emotionally! some guys use that line as an escuse when they want to blackmail their wives emotionally.
See here, you have to be truthful to your self. Have you changed? Think about the things you used to do and how you do them now. Mind you, the only one thing constant in life is Change itself. That very sin you have been told you are guilty of. Even dead things do change!
Question is, have you changed for the better or for worse?
As your marriage evolves, you will definitely change. Your situation will make you different from the person you were when you first got married. That is a given.
When you become pregnant, you have less time for your husband and more time for yourself. You begin to watch what you eat, what you do, and all what not. Your hormones have a part to play in all this. When you get a job. you pay a little less attention to your home and turn some of your energies to your job, until you create a balance between the two.
When the children come, you definitely will have a paradigm shift, a lot of your attention will shift to the children.
My dear, you are a woman and that's how life is, all these things are normal.You have to sit with your husband and let him know that change is very normal. He has to adapt as you change, mind you, he too will change. As long as your change is progressive and in line with the normal changes in your situation, he has to learn to be more accepting.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2005
WOW, seun dat was pretty harsh. No offence taken though. i had actually decided to take it easy on da church thing sha, My pastor already has a wife!hahahaha.
And thanks fabian,I think i should actually do the reality check on myself,u know, see if am changing for good or for bad. Truthfully,my husband hasnt really changed,He is still his romantic self but He gets so critical of me sumtimes.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by Seun(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2005
alheri, thanks for not taking offence at my reply. I knew it was not balanced, but that was the only way I could express what I felt at the time! Thanks fabian, for sharing the other side of the coin. I hope that other experienced people will be motivated to share.

Yes, you really do need to slow down on the church aspect since it's the more flexible option. About your husband being critical, well that sort of thing can only be changed by him. It may simply be out of frustration since he desires more of your time. Maybe it will stop when he gets to interact with you more often when you're not tired. Wishing you the very best!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2005
Now that's the Seun I know! wink
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2005
Thanks guyz. You guyz are just great. Fabian are you sure we shouldnt open a thread for you to be giving out marital councelling? And one more thing,guyz,pls i nid to attend my women meeting for the last time today,i just want to tell them dat i'll be indisposed for awhile. am not trying to be strong headed,pls.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2005
I wish! Gee, thanks for the compliment, but I'm still new in wedlock, my marriage will be three in January 2006!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by adesodgi(m): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2005
fab happy married life!!!!hurray grin
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by vexxy(f): 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2005
Fabian, you took the words right out of my mouth, wonderfully put, sis!

alheri, I stand in agreement with Fabian on this one!  Everyone changes all of the time.  We change to adjust to our environment and circumstances.  Just as The Fabulous Fabian said, the concern is whether the change is for the better or for worse.

Seun, the first was harsh!  The second, more like you wink
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2005
Thanks Adesodgi and vexxy, wassup V? wink
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by vexxy(f): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2005
Working hard.....rather hardly working! Tomorrow is a holiday so I'll be relaxing at home. Because of that I can't stay focused today!

I really do love what you said earlier in the post. Wise counsel, sis! cheesy
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2005
Good for you! Thats nice! i will be at work as usual tomorrow. Thanks for your compliments, this is rather your turf (giving good advice)!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by vexxy(f): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2005
Hum, not so sure about that! But I'll be able to YIM you at work tomorrow! Yay!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2005
Coolie! That'd be nice! cool
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by bell(m): 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2005
Alheri,please do the needful, the way you sounded, its as if you know it yourself that things are not the same. I agree with Seun that there is fire on the Mountain O !
I think you should evaluate and talk to your husband. If there are ways in which he has changed also, tell him, try and know what things he misses in you, now that you are married, and make out time and effort to rekindle. It is important.

Marriage is a lifelong thing, there is the need for constant renewal so it does not get stale.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by Oracle(m): 2:42am On Nov 11, 2005
Girl we dont have to start speaking long grammar
if u know u'v changed for bad u better make it good
if and only if u love ur marriage.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2005
the oracle,na wa 4 u sha! anyway, i have deciced to work on it. atleast yesterday i wrestled him on the sofa( u know wat i mean!!)he was shocked but very delited though. it all ended VERY well-since da baby was fast asleep! pls i need more advise on how to get dis groove back some more.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2005
so u guyz dont want to advise me abi?seun,fabian. na so?
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2005
But I don give advice now? Abi?
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by IAH(f): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2005
alheri:

atleast yesterday i wrestled him on the sofa( u know what i mean!!)he was shocked but very delited though. it all ended VERY well-since da baby was fast asleep!

kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2005
alheri:

.........atleast yesterday i wrestled him on the sofa( u know what i mean!!)he was shocked but very delited though. it all ended VERY well-since da baby was fast asleep! please i need more advise on how to get this groove back some more.

I didn't see that part! yes, that's the way....................You don't need any more coaching, you be our coach! grin
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2005
We are happy that you're doing these things. We are happy to share in your joy. "Wrestling", heh? wink

Ok, hmmm, you could suggest an recreational/social outing to a place he'll enjoy as a man, or you could volunteer to accompany him to such an outing. I'll think of some more today and get back to you tommorrow.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by star(f): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2005
nice. i think both the guy and the lady do change a little bit after marriage.

fabian,
happy to hear about yur marriage. three years of marriage-- men its not easy. mine is only a year and am already getting tired.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2005
@star,may u not get tired in Jesus' name,AMEN! ABEG OH my sister. we shall not get tired. not wit all those moni's around.
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by star(f): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2005
Amen Alheri,
About the advise you need? I think you should just be yourself. If you force it or try to impress, it won't flow.. it would show and he will know its not real. Pretend you are still dating-- only God will help. Amen
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2005
that is tru. only God can help and may he help us!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2005
@ star,
its well, just take it one day @ a time, maybe alheri can give you wrestlinghelpful tips?? tongue
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2005
@fab. my sister na u know oh! i thot u were the expert? may God help us all!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2005
No way! I'm still a student!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by alheri(f): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2005
wats up guyz, sorry u havnt heard from me. i had to take care of business on da home front this weekend. my weekend was greeeeeeeeat! i mean,absolutely wild. first of all friday nite we went to the kareoki bar(hope i spelt that right) sang some love songs to each other,ended up getting drunk,went home and CRASHED! can u imagine?we were both too drunk to wrestle!!! saturday was cool too. our babygal is gonna be 1 on da 18th so we thot it would be nice to have a party,so we stormed the market to get some stuff for the party. though it was very hot,sunny,sticky and tiring, it was fun shopping together. we later ate out,went home,had a bath together,watched some t.v. ,snuggled and made out on the sofa again had some tea and went to bed. my husband woke me up in the middle of the nite to wrestle, i was so tired, but since i had promised u guyz that no slacking i ............... MEEEN,guyz y do u always do that midnite thing? haba,dont you know that a girl needs her beauty sleep!
Re: My Husband Says I've Changed From the Person I Was by fabian(f): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2005
Hmmmmmmmm *passes by*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) / When Your Spouse Starts Getting Fat: what should you do? / Herbert Wigwe Wife Biography, Children, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.