Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Valentine's Day Is Not For Those Who Abuse True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine's Day Is Not For Those Who Abuse True Love (518 Views)

6 Weird Ways People Dodge Spending On Valentine’s Day / 11 Things Nigerian Girls Do When Valentine Day Is Close / What Is Your Plan(s) For This Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day Is Not For Those Who Abuse True Love by Orikinla(m): 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
The 2016 February 14 Valentine's Day is on Sunday and that is great for all Roman Catholics in the world to celebrate the annual St. Valentine's Day on a Sunday. I grew up celebrating Valentine's Day as a Roman Catholic in Lagos and had my childhood sweethearts with kisses exchanged on the go whenever our parents and guardians were far away from us. An older girlfriend almost took away my virginity when I was only 11 and I have not forgotten the scent of her sexy body till date. But this annual Roman Catholic festival has been hijacked by the rest of the world and turned into an annual commercial jamboree for romantic passions and erotic orgies when millions of impressionable vulnerable girls lose their virginity with thousands of cases of unwanted pregnancies, followed by bloody abortions or teenage mothers of babies having babies; lovers and spouses cheating on themselves and merchants of love products and intimacy gadgets turning Valentine's Day into a billion dollar industry. Even Muslims, Hindus and other non-Christians join in the global lovers festival. Imagine a beautiful Muslim girl asking you to be her Val even though Valentine does not exist in her Islamic religion! Pagans are not left out as they have turned the Valentine's Day into a day for erotic orgies and single ladies love Valentine more than others, because they use the day as their biggest opportunity to attract boyfriends and suitors and collect different kids of gifts. Guys are going to spend billions of dollars on the celebration of Valentine's Day and in fact many of them will end up in debt to impress their Vals. But why wait until every February 14 to impress a girfriend or wife? Why not make everyday your Valentine's Day? Exchanging love gifts is good, but the greatest gift of love is not in any object, but in your pure and true heart of loving someone without bitterness, without cheating, without telling lies and without greed for material possessions of ego and lust. Not celebrating Valentine's Day on every February 14, but later cursing and fighting over your insecurities and vanities of life. Valentine's Day is for the celebration of pure and true love and if you cannot prove that, you don't know the true meaning of Valentine. Matthew 7:6: "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under and turn around to attack you. ~..http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-6.htm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Special / What Would You Consider The Greatest Obstacle You've Ever Had To Face? / Can This Be Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.