Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend (2057 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / Should I Date My Best Friend's Ex Boyfriend? / I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by resipsa: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2016
Dear fellow nairalanders, let me not use the popular line that it happened to a friend. This is my story and I had to open a new account for security purposes.
We met 2001 in our year 1 in school and have remained friends.He did a 4 year programme while i did 5 years but all through we kept in touch because we lived in the same town. He graduated and went for service while I had to finish with school and go for law school. Throughout my breaks I would make out time to hang out with him. Fast forward to 2008, I went for service in the same town he was working and our friendship continued. We were there for each other and dating never crossed our minds then. 2009 I finished service and got married and he left for Lagos. That same year he left for the U.S and we were still in touch. We call, chat and Skype since then. Fast forward to this January, he called that he would be coming home to do his traditional wedding wth his wife from the US and he came. Few day before his departure cus he stayed for just 2 weeks, he called that he'd wanna see me before leaving. He had to come down to my see me in another state with gifts for me and my children. We laughed,gisted and later went to Jevinik to have lunch since we left from my office and from there I saw him off to park. We hugged and let go some tear drops. Since then, both of us have been in emotional turmoil. We have realised we have been in love all through these years but suppressed the feelings.
please I need matured advice esp from married NLders cus I can't think straight same with him over there. I can't stop thinking about him and he can't stay without calling to tell me how much he wishes to turn the hands of time and we are scared not to hurt our loved ones.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Smellymouth: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2016
You have to let go of your feelings because it's too late,even if he feels d same way 4 u he just cant call off d wedding cos he must feel somerhin for dis other lady to plan marriage with her.So LET HIM GO!!

3 Likes

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2016
embarassed
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2016
hmmmmm
since I'm not married lemme wait for comments sad sad
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2016
And what makes you think it's 'Love' ? look ma'am you've got a family now, kids and of cos a husby whom I suppose loves you. thats REALITY , come out of that ILLUSION , else you ruin your MARRIAGE ! and you will have yourself to BLAME ! better LET-GO off that feeling.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by tope24(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2016
You're married right? I'm assuming you don't love your hubby and that's why you discovered you're in love with your besty.
My dear, emotion is a fraud. If you're not careful it will mess you up.

My advice, take your mind of that emotion so you don't regret it later. Moreover reduce that communication with your besty cos the more you spend time with him the more you feed the emotions and feelings.

Ps: when the chips are down, emotions will leave you hanging. Trust me a man gets over a emotional issues than woman.
My 1cent. Dollar is too expensive else I'd have given you 1.

10 Likes

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2016
they have said it all.. make I Just they look

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by AlexCk: 10:18am On Feb 12, 2016
Remove the thoughts of love for ur frnd, it myt not even b love sef, mayb just some weird creepy feelings(mayb shaa grin) If its possible just avoid him for awhile (chatting, calling etc)
U r now married, n with kids!!!!!. Permit me to emphasize more.. ..."with kidssssssss!! !!!!!!." Abeg, think of the kids, dont destroy what u already have, specially if ur husband is awesome to u. U best learn to love him more o. U hv a wonderful home, great kids, a lovely husband n a great relationship wif him(i presume), abeg, no go cast oo. Just do the right thing, n u knw what it is. God help u ma'am.

Diddyydiva:
hmmmmm
since I'm not married lemme wait for comments sad sad
Oya, marry me naa. grin

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 12, 2016
Live your lives. You both love each other which is very normal.

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2016
The relationship is dead and gone. You must forget about him or get ready to face the shame therein

To get back yourself in track change your phone line (s)

Buy a phone (torch light) that will not allow you to do social network, after 4 months the feeling for him will die.

Then you will see reasons to love your husband and take of him and your children.

Just cut off all contact from him and save your marriage, yourself from shame and BIG had I know.

Good luck
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Adeyinka1758(m): 10:27am On Feb 12, 2016
make i just dey look
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by warripekin(m): 10:36am On Feb 12, 2016
Happened to me but I started seeing her more like a sister and the funniest part , I so much loved her kids like my own so I had to take them like my gods children. Both families got to know each other better. She is in Texas with her husband and I will visit them before June this year. Love is real but it must not be in a romantic way.My wife is still jealous when ever I talk about her. Please never u compare Ur husband to him , it never helps and the more open u keep it the better. Don't cheat on Ur husband emotionally. Keep it open and handle maturely

2 Likes

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Pheals(f): 10:38am On Feb 12, 2016
undecided it pains I wonder y none of u take the move before : been friends does not mean then if u lv each othet but now it's late
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by chybykee(m): 10:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Sorry, Road's Closed.
You've got a family with kids too and he's about to.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by yemoxyl(m): 10:44am On Feb 12, 2016
You've got to let him go
It's already too late
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by resipsa: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2016
Thank you all for your sincere comments and contributions. @ warripekin thanks so much. Experience they say is the best teacher. @AlexCk, I appreciate.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 12, 2016
both of you are been irresponsible.... been in love is a choice....not just a feeling...

resipsa:
Dear fellow nairalanders, let me not use the popular line that it happened to a friend. This is my story and I had to open a new account for security purposes.
We met 2001 in our year 1 in school and have remained friends.He did a 4 year programme while i did 5 years but all through we kept in touch because we lived in the same town. He graduated and went for service while I had to finish with school and go for law school. Throughout my breaks I would make out time to hang out with him. Fast forward to 2008, I went for service in the same town he was working and our friendship continued. We were there for each other and dating never crossed our minds then. 2009 I finished service and got married and he left for Lagos. That same year he left for the U.S and we were still in touch. We call, chat and Skype since then. Fast forward to this January, he called that he would be coming home to do his traditional wedding wth his wife from the US and he came. Few day before his departure cus he stayed for just 2 weeks, he called that he'd wanna see me before leaving. He had to come down to my see me in another state with gifts for me and my children. We laughed,gisted and later went to Jevinik to have lunch since we left from my office and from there I saw him off to park. We hugged and let go some tear drops. Since then, both of us have been in emotional turmoil. We have realised we have been in love all through these years but suppressed the feelings.
please I need matured advice esp from married NLders cus I can't think straight same with him over there. I can't stop thinking about him and he can't stay without calling to tell me how much he wishes to turn the hands of time and we are scared not to hurt our loved ones.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Fraih(f): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
cry cry #singing, sometimes Love comes around, and they knock you down, just get back up when they knock you down.

Op, get back up. You are married
Save yourself the stress.
He can only be your friend, you cant date him again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by ednut1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
U both are silly end of. Am sick of reading stories lik dis, d oda day one babe said her husby is ugly, another one said she was caught using pills. Be lik say na baby mama sure pass. I dey vex grin
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by AlexCk: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
resipsa:
Thank you all for your sincere comments and contributions. @ warripekin thanks so much. Experience they say is the best teacher. @AlexCk, I appreciate.

U r most welcome.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Intrepid01(m): 12:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
Estharfabian:
embarassed

Hey pretty, I sent you a request on BB.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Odunharry(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
oh lawd ...what's this.
mistake and lesson people should learn from , it doesnt matter ur gender, if you are in love with someone, let them know how you feel.

This phase will pass in ur life though... maybe you and ur hubby weren't too close as friends bfre marriage or something but Pls don't cheat on him

2 Likes

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
this is y its gud to exercise patience b4 rushing into marriage...u cant do anytn abt it nw,u gats be content wit wah u ve n leave ur bestfrnd alone to enjoy hs marriage...

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Bestie o bestie

im breaking all d rules im tryna make him my boo

grin op let me play u bestie by marvin stars

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by goshen26: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ma'am no escuse for cheating ur hubby....u have to overcome that feeling....try to bring his pics on ur hubby, assume all that u love in him in ur.hubby.
God bless u
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
I guess this can happen when people are enjoying "presence" grin grin instead of talking the talk.

Sowwie too late for love things with him you have to stop contact to get over him remember the grass looks greener on the other side.
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by firstking01(m): 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hahahahagrin....laff just dey catch me, seriously i dunno whygrin
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by firstking01(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
undecidedThis is why girls should desist from the evil of friendzoning guys, mtcheeewsundecided
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by resipsa: 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
goshen26:
Ma'am no escuse for cheating ur hubby....u have to overcome that feeling....try to bring his pics on ur hubby, assume all that u love in him in ur.hubby.
God bless u

Bless you too
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by resipsa: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
firstking01:
undecidedThis is why girls should desist from the evil of friendzoning guys, mtcheeewsundecided

I dey tell you!
Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by Oksman(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
I will advise u to concentrate on ur marriage and let go the bond both of u once had. U are in mess already cause u hav not allowed ur husband in. Take out the scales from ur eyes to enable u realise that what's brewing up inside of you has only one end disaster, nothing last forever.Good luck and God bless.

1 Like

Re: HELP: Am In Love With My Best Friend by oodua1stson: 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Some ppl no get sense sha

Even after getting married

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of Year Confession Thread(2016) / The 14 Types Of Kids In Nigeria We All Went To Primary School With / The Ghanaian Pastor/guy Kicked Me Out Of His Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.