Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? (1875 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2009
Check out this interview. I say straight to hell. she no know better.

>
> "Ms. Williams we are all interested in your new boyfriend".
> "There is no new boyfriend. I stopped playing with boys when I stopped dating black guys. I have a new man in my life and yes, he's white".
>
> "So you prefer to date white men instead of black guys? "
> Let's be real, If you are a successful black female you only have two choices, date outside of your race or date other successful black females".
> "Are you saying there are no successful black men to date?”
> "Of course not but let's face it, if Oprah would date outside of her race she would be married with children now. The state of most black men is so low the only thing you can do is love them. Like a poor homeless dog.
> You can't expect it to protect you. You can only offer shelter and love and watch as our neighbor's pit bull protects his home and family. I, unlike Oprah, am not forced to stay within those boundaries. I was born into a new generation of black women".
>
> "So Oprah is being forced to date Stedman?”
> "All I can say is when you find a successful black women who is not married and does not have children it is because they refuse to accept the two choices. Some may go as far as marriage to a black guy but they realize divorce is inevitable so they do not have children. Or they have children with one and don't marry in order to preserve their wealth and good credit. Oprah is one of many who silently protests being stuck with such poor choices by refusing to marry and reproduce but you can see how much it hurts her. She's always giving away money to children's charities. I hope she makes the choice to marry a non-black soon so she can have a child of her own".
>
> "But you have decided to accept the two choices?”
> "Yes. I grew up in California around the two extremes of wealth. If I could only get myself to try the bisexual thing I would have been much happier in my relationships. Instead I dated black men. I loved many of them but they were just not suitable for marriage. Many of them were raised by women and had warped mentalities. So I finally had to date outside my race. When I moved to Miami, I accepted my status and dated men on my level".
>
> "What do you mean by warped mentalities?"
> "Well, where do I begin? Many of them were raised predominantly by women and had this feminine/bisexual complex. Where they wanted to be treated like a female sometimes. For example, I would have the money & they would have the sex. I would teach them things. You know, all the things a woman likes a man to do, I would end up doing for them. Then if we would get into an argument, there would be a role reversal. All of a sudden, they would be the man wanting the respect of a king in his castle. Black men over the years have become less and less of value to black women both rich and poor. I predict in 10 years they will be obsolete. Now they serve little to no function and what little they can do, they don't want to do".
>
> "Why 10 years?”
> "That's when going to a fertility clinic to get impregnated by a sperm donor will become as common and accessible as the flu shot. Women who want sex will do it with whoever they want (girl, guy, rich, poor, white, black) and go to the bank (the sperm bank) when they are ready to have children. Even those who waited (like Oprah) will have fertilized eggs placed in-Vitro. That's the day the secret organization of women is waiting for. The day when men are 100% dis-empowered".
> "Are you a part of that organization?”
> "No. They're a mostly white group. Plus that day for black men is practically here already. Black women are already raising 75% of the black population without a man. When fertility clinics become more affordable. Black women will be standing in line. It will be just like plastic surgery. Everyone laughed at Michael Jackson but it's becoming so popular now, that even poor blacks are getting work done, mostly breast reductions and liposuction".
>
> "So do you want men to be dis-empowered?"
> "Heck, no! That's why I am with a white man now. I want a man to be a man and I am not going to settle for less just to stay within racial boundaries. A Black man in my position wouldn't do it so why should I. Don't get me wrong, I love black men. My father is black, I have dated black men all my life, and if I have a male child he will be part black. But my husband and I will raise him together so hopefully he will be a worthy choice for a worthy black female. Not the only choice, or "there's nothing better out there so I'll settle for this" choice. When you are successful you want the best. The best food, clothes, places to live etc. I want the best man also".
> "And you think the best man is a non-black man?"
> "I think if there's a better choice for me, God would have shown me. I am in the public so I get to meet lots of people from all over the world athletes, celebs, etc. I am wealthy so I am invited and have travelled to the most prestigious events all over the world. Out of all those people, places and events, I had to choose the right man for me. Like it or not with very few exceptions) a white man is the only real choice for a successful black female".

1 Like

Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
Yeeparipa! shocked Did she really say all that?!I am stumped!
But,on second thought,are those things she said about the african american males true?
Na wa o!
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by budaatum: 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
Commentary on lies!

The hoax email reproduced above claims that black tennis star, Serena Williams, has made outrageous comments about her dating preferences in an interview. The bogus interview transcript claims that Ms Williams prefers to date white men rather than black men. According to the email, Serena was supposed to have stated, "let's be real. If you are a successful black female you only have two choices, date outside of your race or date other successful black females". The "interview" goes on to record a host of other disrespectful comments that denigrate African-American males.

The tennis star has vehemently denied that any such interview took place and is said to be angry and distressed about the rumour. According to an article on EURWEB.com, Ms Williams said, "Words cannot express how upset I am to find out that someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image".

The motivation behind this hoax email is unclear. While the hoax may simply be some twisted individual's idea of a joke, the racist, and sexist, comments in the message are, in my opinion, highly offensive and a long way short of funny.

Like many other hoaxes, the email does not provide any method of confirming the veracity of the information it contains. The message does not record who was supposed to have conducted the interview or even when or where it took place.

Celebrities are often the targets of hoaxsters. Another long running hoax falsely claims that fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger made racist comments while being interview by Oprah Winfrey.

Reference: SERENA WILLIAMS LIVID OVER 'HOAX' INTERVIEW: Tennis Champ Angrily Responds:

Tennis Champion Serena Williams is angry upon learning that someone has fraudulently transmitted, via the Internet, an interview that she has allegedly conducted, which is an absolute hoax. Ms. Williams has conducted no such interview.

On Monday, December 6, 2004, people from across the country began receiving this alleged interview via email, which has generated call-ins to radio stations, letters and emails from individuals curious as to whether Ms. Williams actually said what is being attributed to her.

The answer is NO.  Serena Williams has not conducted and would not, under any circumstance, conduct such an interview.

It is unfortunate that someone could be so vile as to defame and slander Ms. Williams as the writer has intentionally done.

We are making every attempt to find the source of this hoax.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out that someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," says Ms. Williams. "I would never, ever, under any circumstance, be so disrespectful.  Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being.  I want to find out who is behind this, and have them prosecuted within the fullest extend of the law. I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet, in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by gen2genius(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
Commonsense requires that you take time to cross-check your "facts" before disseminating them. Serena never said any of the things mentioned in the fabricated interview. Read her comments about it here: http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur17715.cfm

Excerpts:

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out that someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," says Ms. Williams. "I would never, ever, under any circumstance, be so disrespectful.  Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being.  I want to find out who is behind this, and have them prosecuted within the fullest extend of the law. I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet, in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by MrCrackles(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
Who cares where she goes to. . . . . I am more after where i end up with my family! grin
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Tudor6(f): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
Chei! Serena has finished me!
Why should she say all these BS about black guys?
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
Serena is currently dating a black man.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
I really should apologise. To be honest I don't really care what Serena williams thinks , neither do I dwell on whether or not she'll go to hell, but I thought it would be interesting to see how people reacted to the interview.
Now I know that it is a hoax I feel bad because I've already forwarded it to some friends and it is in precisely this way that bad rumours get spread about innocent people.

So I hereby apologize to everyone who's read this and to Serena Williams (if she ever checks out this site or even gives a hoot what I think or say about her).
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by PastorAIO: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
Though, it sounds like someone, whoever it is that wrote the hoax, is seriously miffed at black men. Wetin dem do am?
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Tudor6(f): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2009
Yeah it better be a hoax or else. . . .
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by MUZBO(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2009
@poster, Ofcourse it ain't true. Please verify these things before posting. . . and even then only God can judge her so stop asking whether or not someone will go to heaven or hell! Its things like your starting this type of thread that would've lead Michael Jackson to an early grave. You didn't start this but you've perpetuated it now can you finish it?
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by budaatum: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I really should apologise. To be honest I don't really care what Serena williams thinks , neither do I dwell on whether or not she'll go to hell, but I thought it would be interesting to see how people reacted to the interview.
Now I know that it is a hoax I feel bad because I've already forwarded it to some friends and it is in precisely this way that bad rumours get spread about innocent people.

So I hereby apologize to everyone who's read this and to Serena Williams (if she ever checks out this site or even gives a hoot what I think or say about her).
You are a God blessed person!
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by noetic2: 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tudór:

Yeah it better be a hoax or else. . . .

else what?
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by mamagee3(f): 1:00am On Jul 09, 2009
What's with all these judgemental questions in these forum? angry
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Recognise: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2009
Buda atum:

You are a God blessed person!

@^

OP just done the right thing
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by GEW: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Check out this interview.  I say straight to hell.  she no know better.

>
> "Ms. Williams we are all interested in your new boyfriend".
> "There is no new boyfriend. I stopped playing with boys when I stopped dating black guys. I have a new man in my life and yes, he's white".
>
> "So you prefer to date white men instead of black guys? "
> Let's be real,  If you are a successful black female you only have two choices, date outside of your race or date other successful black females".
> "Are you saying there are no successful black men to date?”
> "Of course not but let's face it, if Oprah would date outside of her race she would be married with children now. The state of most black men is so low the only thing you can do is love them. Like a poor homeless dog.
> You can't expect it to protect you. You can only offer shelter and love and watch as our neighbor's pit bull protects his home and family. I, unlike Oprah, am not forced to stay within those boundaries. I was born into a new generation of black women".
>
> "So Oprah is being forced to date Stedman?”
> "All I can say is when you find a successful black women who is not married and does not have children it is because they refuse to accept the two choices. Some may go as far as marriage to a black guy but they realize divorce is inevitable so they do not have children. Or they have children with one and don't marry in order to preserve their wealth and good credit. Oprah is one of many who silently protests being stuck with such poor choices by refusing to marry and reproduce but you can see how much it hurts her. She's always giving away money to children's charities. I hope she makes the choice to marry a non-black soon so she can have a child of her own".
>
> "But you have decided to accept the two choices?”
> "Yes. I grew up in California around the two extremes of wealth. If I could only get myself to try the bisexual thing I would have been much happier in my relationships. Instead I dated black men. I loved many of them but they were just not suitable for marriage. Many of them were raised by women and had warped mentalities. So I finally had to date outside my race. When I moved to Miami, I accepted my status and dated men on my level".
>
> "What do you mean by warped mentalities?"
> "Well, where do I begin? Many of them were raised predominantly by women and had this feminine/bisexual complex. Where they wanted to be treated like a female sometimes. For example, I would have the money & they would have the sex. I would teach them things. You know, all the things a woman likes a man to do, I would end up doing for them. Then if we would get into an argument, there would be a role reversal. All of a sudden, they would be the man wanting the respect of a king in his castle. Black men over the years have become less and less of value to black women both rich and poor. I predict in 10 years they will be obsolete. Now they serve little to no function and what little they can do, they don't want to do".
>
> "Why 10 years?”
> "That's when going to a fertility clinic to get impregnated by a sperm donor will become as common and accessible as the flu shot. Women who want sex will do it with whoever they want (girl, guy, rich, poor, white, black) and go to the bank (the sperm bank) when they are ready to have children. Even those who waited (like Oprah) will have fertilized eggs placed in-Vitro. That's the day the secret organization of women is waiting for. The day when men are 100% dis-empowered".
> "Are you a part of that organization?”
> "No. They're a mostly white group. Plus that day for black men is practically here already. Black women are already raising 75% of the black population without a man. When fertility clinics become more affordable. Black women will be standing in line. It will be just like plastic surgery. Everyone laughed at Michael Jackson but it's becoming so popular now, that even poor blacks are getting work done, mostly breast reductions and liposuction".
>
> "So do you want men to be dis-empowered?"
> "Heck, no! That's why I am with a white man now. I want a man to be a man and I am not going to settle for less just to stay within racial boundaries. A Black man in my position wouldn't do it so why should I. Don't get me wrong, I love black men. My father is black, I have dated black men all my life, and if I have a male child he will be part black. But my husband and I will raise him together so hopefully he will be a worthy choice for a worthy black female. Not the only choice, or "there's nothing better out there so I'll settle for this" choice. When you are successful you want the best. The best food, clothes, places to live etc. I want the best man also".
> "And you think the best man is a non-black man?"
> "I think if there's a better choice for me, God would have shown me. I am in the public so I get to meet lots of people from all over the world athletes, celebs, etc. I am wealthy so I am invited and have travelled to the most prestigious events all over the world. Out of all those people, places and events, I had to choose the right man for me. Like it or not with very few exceptions) a white man is the only real choice for a successful black female".

lieing signs and wonders. serena can never say this. impossible.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Recognise: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I really should apologise. To be honest I don't really care what Serena Williams thinks,

neither do I dwell on whether or not she'll go to hell,

but I thought it would be interesting to see how people reacted to the interview.

Now I know that it is a hoax I feel bad because I've already forwarded it to some friends

and it is in precisely this way that bad rumours get spread about innocent people.

So I hereby apologize to everyone who read this and to Serena Williams

(if she ever checks out this site or even gives a hoot to what I think or say about her)

It takes a real man to hands up and own up to their mistake(s) . . .

I admire your honesty and humbleness to publicly admit the err, take it a step further . . .

Retract the OP by deleting it wink
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by jaybee3(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2009
@Poster
Why are you always concerned about where the other person is heading to?
Let God be the judge and you just concentrate more on your own salvation.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2009
But let us face the truth as we always love to avoid it when we know it is true.

The Black Race has a very peculiar gene that forces a majority to wallow in poverty, sin and backwardness. Look at leadership in Africa over the past 2 decades, look at the crisis that has ravage the Blackman from time immemorial, I am want to believe (sometimes) that we are actually stock from Monkeys. Look at Black America today, durign the Clinton Administration, there was Affirmative Action for Minorities (Mind you only the Blacks don' t mind the tag minority) Hundreds of Blacks were encouraged to get an Education with monetary incentives, what did they do? they refused to graduate and filled out admission forms for multiple colleges to they could collect college money.

The height of respect and dignity does not come from being a successful businessman rather one who has paid his dues to gangs, done drugs, gone to prison or is doing life in prison. wear singlets and sagging jeans and play loud music in public places and speak in truncated vocabulary, beat up girl-friends and wives and think it is hip to visit strip joints and slip hard-earned money into their panties.

Majority of Black Men do not deserve Black women and I mean worldwide, we blackmen have not done enough to deserve the women we get.

What did you expect. multiple tennis champion earning good money,marrying a bastard of a black man, cheating husband and self-pitying fool.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2009
Harsh but true.
lagerwhenindoubt:

But let us face the truth as we always love to avoid it when we know it is true.

The Black Race has a very peculiar gene that forces a majority to wallow in poverty, sin and backwardness. Look at leadership in Africa over the past 2 decades, look at the crisis that has ravage the Blackman from time immemorial, I am want to believe (sometimes) that we are actually stock from Monkeys. Look at Black America today, durign the Clinton Administration, there was Affirmative Action for Minorities (Mind you only the Blacks don' t mind the tag minority) Hundreds of Blacks were encouraged to get an Education with monetary incentives, what did they do? they refused to graduate and filled out admission forms for multiple colleges to they could collect college money.

The height of respect and dignity does not come from being a successful businessman rather one who has paid his dues to gangs, done drugs, gone to prison or is doing life in prison. wear singlets and sagging jeans and play loud music in public places and speak in truncated vocabulary, beat up girl-friends and wives and think it is hip to visit strip joints and slip hard-earned money into their panties.

Majority of Black Men do not deserve Black women and I mean worldwide, we blackmen have not done enough to deserve the women we get.

What did you expect. multiple tennis champion earning good money,marrying a bastard of a black man, cheating husband and self-pitying fool.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Recognise: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
LagerWhenInDoubt:

The Black Race has a very peculiar gene that forces a majority to wallow in poverty, sin and backwardness. Look at leadership in Africa over the past 2 decades, look at the crisis that has ravage the Blackman from time immemorial,  I am want to believe (sometimes) that we are actually stock from Monkeys. Look at Black America today, durign the Clinton Administration, there was Affirmative Action for Minorities (Mind you only the Blacks don' t mind the tag minority) Hundreds of Blacks were encouraged to get an Education with monetary incentives,  what did they do? they refused to graduate and filled out admission forms for multiple colleges to they could collect college money.

Majority of Black Men do not deserve Black women and I mean worldwide,  we blackmen have not done enough to deserve the women we get.

Jagunlabi:

Harsh but true.

@ Both ^

- LagerWhenInDoubt, Jagunlabi

What a load of hogwash . . .

Bet it was the bottle that stirred and stimulated this kind of submission wink wink Joke

It was a Blackman that had the sense and vision to set Serena on her path to glory in the first place

The most powerful man in the world is blackman

Hasnt Barack done enough to deserve Michelle? . . .

Please drop the oversimplified opinion and image of the blackman
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by wirinet(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
Recognise:

@ Both ^

- LagerWhenInDoubt, Jagunlabi

What a load of hogwash . . .

Bet it was the bottle that stirred and stimulated this kind of submission wink wink Joke

It was a Blackman that had the sense and vision to set Serena on her path to glory in the first place

The most powerful man in the world is blackman

Hasnt Barack done enough to deserve Michelle? . . .

Please drop the oversimplified opinion and image of the blackman

Please simplify the opinion and image of the black man for us. and in the meantime answer the following questions;

1. Why is that the black race had not made any scientific and technological contribution to the world till date.
2. Why had we not had any successful black society or civilization in the past or even today.
3. Why are we black so profanely vain, we celebrate excessively any think and at the flimsiest excuse.
4. Why are blacks so overly religious? we are are a dumping ground for all other foreign religions.
5. Why is it that most blacks only love to consume what others have made with their sweat, cars, phones, clothes, electronics, drugs, etc., but not interested in the work and technology behinds these innovations.

I have many more questions but these would do for now.

PS; don't use Obama as an example he is half white and half black, so can be claimed by both sides. Also he was raised by a white woman with white values and is not imbibed with black mans value system.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Recognise (soo RAPease)

We can say something as a matter of fact. the White Man enslaved, capitalised, raped and murdered the Black Man, that was hundreds of years ago. Statistically speaking, there are more black on black crimes that black on any other race in America (unconfirmed but willing to bet my nuts).

and Guess what, the indians were enslaved, so were the Asians but you do not see them blame it on the white man. they have long moved on. it is time we stop the self-pity and stop blaming the white man for our woes. we put all our frustrations on our women and children, if you disagree then it is a good thing that 1 out of 50 black men treat women with the dignity they deserve.

READ THE NEWS BLACKMAN AND GET OFF YOUR ARSE

http://www.draperspassion.com/Behind%20the%20statistics%20about%20single%20mothers%20lies%20a%20complicated%20story%20about%20men.htm
Behind the statistics about single mothers lies a complicated story about men

http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=565
The Plight of Black Men -- Another Warning

http://www.divorcereform.org/black.html
Divorce Statistics: Effects on Black Community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
Crime in the United States

http://www.peace.ca/truthaboutblackcrime.htm
The Truth About Black Crime
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by budaatum: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
It is a pity that you seem to believe what you wrote about the black person, larger. I am assuming that it all applies to you - evidence for which you show in your writing. And while I am tempted to give answers to the questions that you pose, fear catch me that I might be attempting to convince you that you are otherwise (wealthy, morally upright, and intelligent), than you think you are.

I, for one, when I look in a mirror, see a person most would classify as black; but I must say that the gene which you say you have does not in any way reside in me - evidence for which I would point to the lack of manifestation of the action this gene exhibits in you. Not that I agree that what you claim "forces a majority to wallow in poverty, sin and backwardness" is a back person thing. One just need go to Eastern Europe to see the same "poverty, sin and backwardness" exhibited in non-black people.

I suppose I can delight in knowing that your sentiment towards yourself is not a commonly shared one. In fact, i would go further to claim that the majority are not forced to be anyway but how we chose to be, poor, or wealthy, backward or intelligent, etc. Perhaps you too choose?

lagerwhenindoubt:

@Recognise (soo RAPease)

We can say something as a matter of fact. the White Man enslaved, capitalised, raped and murdered the Black Man, that was hundreds of years ago. Statistically speaking, there are more black on black crimes that black on any other race in America (unconfirmed but willing to bet my nuts).

and Guess what, the indians were enslaved, so were the Asians but you do not see them blame it on the white man. they have long moved on. it is time we stop the self-pity and stop blaming the white man for our woes. we put all our frustrations on our women and children, if you disagree then it is a good thing that 1 out of 50 black men treat women with the dignity they deserve.

READ THE NEWS BLACKMAN AND GET OFF YOUR ARSE

http://www.draperspassion.com/Behind%20the%20statistics%20about%20single%20mothers%20lies%20a%20complicated%20story%20about%20men.htm
Behind the statistics about single mothers lies a complicated story about men

http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=565
The Plight of Black Men -- Another Warning

http://www.divorcereform.org/black.html
Divorce Statistics: Effects on Black Community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States
Crime in the United States

http://www.peace.ca/truthaboutblackcrime.htm
The Truth About Black Crime

1 Like

Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2009
@buda atum
tsk, tsk, tsk, soo typical

it is simply this sort of approach to problem-solving that makes the Blackman soo slow to move towards progress, small-vision tactics, Look at the BIG Picture, one Obama does not mean squat, we need millions of Obamas

just because you are an upstanding Black person does not make everyone else, guy, just accept the fact that numbers count and if you were truly to look at this without sentiments and personal feelings, you will know that you are probably one good one in 50 black men in America today.

let us not even begin to think of Africa,
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by redsun(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
Whatever be the case,Serena and her sister are black icons,they lift my spirit whenever they trash the other girls in their game,just like recentlyheld wemblidom.

She is got her choice of who she wants date and i don't think she will be that stupid to put down black cause that she is in one way or the other chapioning.She knows what's up
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by girl22(f): 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
when will people stop looking at statistics and look at reality> white people kill and murder each other just as much as blacks.

they are just smart enough to hide it.

do you mean to tell me in in europe, america, australia, south america blacks have the highest aids count, lowedt iq, and the hightest crime and incarceration rates?

the media says black people have a 50 percent highest drop out rate in america. the department of justice policy says it 55 percent. the us census bereau says it 81 percent. another government website said 88 percent.

oh well ive said my peace.

now they are saying latinos have had the highest drop out rates since 1993. but why dis the government statistics always post blacks as the lowest?

but none of you will listen anyway so, oh well
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by bawomolo(m): 12:54am On Jul 10, 2009
oh wee. not another hate whitey thread
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by ogajim(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
This is a very OLD STORY!
She is still dating "Common" last time I checked though she did raise some valid questions about the current and future state of the black nation.
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by yommyuk: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
Yes! Serena is still dating Common!

so pls give her a break (poster) undecided
Re: Is Serena Williams Going To Heaven Or Hell? by budaatum: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

@buda atum
tsk, tsk, tsk, soo typical

it is simply this sort of approach to problem-solving that makes the Blackman soo slow to move towards progress, small-vision tactics, Look at the BIG Picture, one Obama does not mean squat, we need millions of Obamas

just because you are an upstanding Black person does not make everyone else, guy, just accept the fact that numbers count and if you were truly to look at this without sentiments and personal feelings, you will know that you are probably one good one in 50 black men in America today.

let us not even begin to think of Africa,
Sorry larger, but the facts just do not agree with you, that I am one in 50, and I am talking about Nigeria, and not America, a country I hardly qualify to determine statistics of goodness for. But let us look at the "facts" as you say.

One thing I have learnt is to concern myself more with the forest growing in my own eyes. I find that if I fail to do this and focus on the twig in the eyes of others, my ignorance (blindness, would be more appropriate under the circumstances) makes me think that the forest in my eye is a twig in the eye of another. I guess that is why an adage I live by is to be the change that I desire. Its also why the Christian song about my light - not little by any measure - is one very close to my heart.

I tend to attract those who find my being (there is no better word), appealing, and such are the ones who tend to be around me much. That is why, perhaps, I can say that there are more well behaving, uprightly standing people in my world (and I say "my world", becasue I am aware that there are other pockets of the world out there where disgustingly nasty people may be in the majority). I guess at the root of it is the fact that like attracts like, though please do not take my word as attestation to my supposed holiness, Larger.

Indeed there are bad people in Nigeria, and Africa, and the world moreso, but the black person, or Nigerian, does not have any sort of exclusivity on badness by any standard, unless one were to accept what the news would have one believe. And the many good one's out there (for they too exist) are well seen when one gets past the forest that blinds some, I suggest.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Uk-based Nigerian Pastor, Dr. Odulele Has Been Sentenced / Is Christianity Messing With Our Mind? / Why Do Nigerian Pastors Include Academic Titles In Their Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.