Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! (6255 Views)

Phyno Performs At Obiano's Re-Election Flag-Off In Awka (Photos) / Declare State Of Emergency On Erosion In Anambra, Obiano Calls On FG / Gov Obiano Calls On Fg To Declare Anambra Erosion Disaster Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Umuchukwu is in which town ?
A Town In Orumba South Lga of Anambra State!

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
We should be advocating for at least 10 Skyscrappers each sides of the Awka Flyovers!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
Just as We Celebrate Val: New Quarters for Doctors in Anambra

The Anambra State Government has completed the construction of living quarters for doctors at the Ogidi General Hospital.

This is one of the ways in which Chief Willie Obiano's administration is developing the health sector.

Only recently, Gov Obiano commissioned the Re-engineered Orumba General Hospital just 6 months after signing the Anambra Business Coalition Initiative with Rise Health Corporation, USA.

The over 40 year old near moribund hospital facility has been totally reconstructed, equipped and ready for best health practices.

The doctors quarters was recently inspected by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu and the Commissioner for Health, Dr Josephat Akabuike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by betterABIAstate: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
God bless Igbo land, this is another structure in awka.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
I hope this compound is interlocked with stones & beautiful flowers!.... Our poor finishing is nothing to write hope about!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by YourMrBoo: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
Anambra is the next big thing. Am proud.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
mightyhaze:
Anambra is improving fast! Despite d downturn of d economy,...! Anambra is truly d light of d nation. My inlaws,... smiley

Nah Anambra people hold 60% of cash deposits in our Banks. Even if Nigeria economy falls, Anambra will be standing. So many rich men there...

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by MrEverest(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
investnow2013:
A Town In Orumba South Lga of Anambra State!
Oh my God, such fine skyscraper! It would have been great if he had built it in Awka or Onitsha, would activities in Umuchukwu support the optimum use of that gigantic biulding? Kudos to the owner!
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Masterclass32: 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
samobo:
This fresh air abi na breeze from anambra to much....i dey enjoy am..

Please make una dash us una governor make ehm com do sabatical leave for my state.

My governor dey jones no be small.. the big fat slowpoke just dey jump from one malo house party to anoda...

Some say ehn self na malo...Infact make I talk eh name.....

"Rochas is the most stupid and useless governor in the east" .....am ashamed of him.

Haha, this one don pass breeze. This na windstorm. A sweeping revolution.

Obiano be making sophisticated moves back to back. At the rate he is going, when I go to Awka I may not be able to recognize the place. More oil to his engine. He will reach his destination.

God bless Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Chukazu: 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I think that Anambra need an international airport. Plus a River port.

the international airport is over-due.
that was the main reason Delta state went and built an airport 5minutes from Onitcha, hoping to attract, not delta indigens, but Anambra Marchants.

so going forward Anambra needs an international airports, even more than what we have in Enugu.
the main reason Enugu airport has not been commercially viable is very simple, the city is not as commercialized as Onitcha, so any airport sited in Onitcha would rival port Harcourt and Kano airports in terms of relevance

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by AnamCity: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Anambra has already embarked on the International Cargo Airport. Infrastructures are being provided already.

Chukazu:

that was the main reason Delta state went and built and airport 5minutes from Onitcha, hoping to attract, not delta indigens, but Anambra Marchants.

so going forward Anambra needs and international airports, even more than what we have in Enugu.

Jubilation as Obiano Begins Work on Umueri Airport Road

There was joy on the faces of the rural folks as the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, finally took the first major step in fulfilling his promise of building a cargo airport in Anambra State by flagging off the four-lane road that will lead to the proposed airport in Umeri, in Anambra East Local Government Area of the state.

Governor Obiano who stormed the venue for the inauguration along Aguleri-Otuocha-Umueri expressway, with the members of his cabinet and APGA chieftains on Monday, declared that in beginning construction work on the proposed road, his administration was symbolically opening up the entire area for accelerated development.

The governor expressed optimism that when all the roads that are under construction in Anambra East and West are fully completed, there would be greater access to the agrarian treasures of the state and more opportunities would be opened therefrom.

According to him, no fewer than 300 people are expected to be employed during the construction of the Umueri Airport Road alone.

The governor also used the opportunity to announce that Anambra State government had signed on a South African gas exploration company known as Lubcon to work on its newly approved ANWell 1, the state’s first gas well that has been proven to hold a large deposit of gas.

According to him, the South African firm will be “producing 100 megawatts of electricity from the gas that will be mined from that well. With this volume of electricity, the power supply needs of this zone and beyond will be met. This will also attract investors from other places who may want to set up their operations here and take advantage of the steady power supply,” he explained.

The governor also explained that his administration was expediting action on all uncompleted roads in the zone to ensure an effective linkup between the various communities. “When our work is fully done, there will be a lot of progress and prosperity, a lot of activities that will generate income and a lot of jobs for our people. So, when we finish, this part of the state and Anambra State as a whole will witness a significant economic improvement,” he enthused pointing out that his administration had outlined several programmes that would help stimulate domestic growth in the state.

According to him: “We have commenced special training in oil and gas and in agriculture in the Federal Polytechnic, Oko and Anambra State University, Igbariam respectively, to prepare our people to take full advantage of the expected employment opportunities in the emerging industries.

“ We have commenced these trainings because when these investors come, they will need trained hands to work with them. Because that an industry is located in a particular place does not mean that every indigene would be automatically qualified to work in it.”

According to him, the state government is “anticipating the demand for properly trained indigenes that will take over the industries in the future. So, register through your local governments so that you will make yourself employable in the future. These trainings are offered free of charge to willing participants. We are encouraging our sons and daughters to read petroleum engineering because ultimately, they will be the ones to take over these investments when the expatriates are gone.”

The governor also used the opportunity to debunk the malicious rumour in the social media which claimed that he planned to rename the proposed airport after his home town of Aguleri.

“Don’t listen to detractors who are going around insinuating that an airport in Umueri will be named after Aguleri. It is a lie. That sort of thing can never happen. It cannot even be contemplated at all. These people just want to cause trouble for the fun of it. Please ignore them,” he pleaded.

Earlier, Obiano had inspected the 40 Km Aguleri-Uno – Oil Rig road project and expressed satisfaction with the pace and quality of work done so far, hoping that construction work on the road would reach an advanced stage before the onset of the rainy season.

He further noted that the road which cuts across seven agrarian communities was designed and being constructed to take heavy duty vehicles involved in oil and gas business while it would also open up food producing areas for effective harnessing of the abundant resources in the area.

In his own remarks, the Commissioner for Works, Sir Callistus Ilozumba, disclosed that two more dualized roads from Umunya and Nteje respectively would equally lead to the airport, while the state government had made several representations to the federal government for the dualisation of the Onitsha – Aguleri – Adani road with an interchange at the junction of the new road.

Sir Ilozumba also disclosed that the state had secured approval for the airport project and acquired enough land for its construction while the contract for the major road to the facility was awarded to a competent contractor.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jubilation-as-obiano-begins-work-on-umueri-airport-road/202668/

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Chukazu: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
this Obiano guy is GOOD THINKING, GOOD PRODUCT!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
Chukazu:

that was the main reason Delta state went and built and airport 5minutes from Onitcha, hoping to attract, not delta indigens, but Anambra Marchants.

so going forward Anambra needs and international airports, even more than what we have in Enugu.
Airport is a Must for Anambra State!..... We should by now talking of Another small airport or airstrip arround Awka area, if we did Onitsha Airport along time ago!.... Obiano All We Are Saying Give Us AIRPORToooooo!!!!.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by PAINGAIN: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
I must obiano is really working. I visited naija in 2013 and what i saw around awka and especially my hometown okpuno was impressive. Then i was home this past christmas and i was wowed with d level of development in awka and okpuno. Amazing. Really impressed with obiano.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by PAINGAIN: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
I want the governors to organise governors forum seminar where Obiano will be lecturing the governors on how to attract investment and develop their respective states. Leadership 101 course code
u think these people no know what to do to make their states better? They know but they have chosen not to do them.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Chukazu:

that was the main reason Delta state went and built an airport 5minutes from Onitcha, hoping to attract, not delta indigens, but Anambra Marchants.

so going forward Anambra needs an international airports, even more than what we have in Enugu.
the main reason Enugu airport has not been commercially viable is very simple, the city is not as commercialized as Onitcha, so any airport sited in Onitcha would rival port Harcourt and Kano airports in terms of relevance

Any airport in Anambra will be the busiest airport during festive season. Anambra people sabi travel during that time. Imagine direct flights for those in Germany, US, China, Japan, Hungary, UK, Canada, lol. An airport in Anambra would be a money maker for the state.

Obiano should look for foreign investors who can invest, finance , build and run the airport. They can keep 70% ownership, state at 30%. I understand the delay is due to lack of funds...
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
PAINGAIN:
u think these people no know what to do to make their states better? They know but they have chosen not to do them.
I don't blame them the people who voted for them got what they wanted
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Descartes: 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
MrEverest:
Oh my God, such fine skyscraper! It would have been great if he had built it in Awka or Onitsha, would activities in Umuchukwu support the optimum use of that gigantic biulding? Kudos to the owner!

That building might be for offices in a view to strategically develop the area thereby dicongesting Awka and Onitsha Metropolis
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by o42austino(m): 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Umuchukwu is in which town ?
I don't remember the name again but near Umunze in Orumba south,Anambra.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:10am On Feb 15, 2016
o42austino:
Yes
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by tonychristopher: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2016
o42austino:

Thete is nothing liie umuchukwu..we have umuchu
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by kamnene(f): 8:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Umuchukwu is formerly known as Umuchu.it is in Aguata L.G.A in d state. very close to Achina,Akpo,Amesi and by extension, Uga town. hope I tried
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by asha80(m): 8:33am On Feb 15, 2016
tonychristopher:

Thete is nothing liie umuchukwu..we have umuchu
kamnene:
Umuchukwu is formerly known as Umuchu.it is in Aguata L.G.A in d state. very close to Achina,Akpo,Amesi and by extension, Uga town. hope I tried

Their is umuchukwu formerly known as nkerefi in orumba south lga..the name was changed after some hot dispute
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2016
MrEverest:
Bro that area is also developing fast I went to Umunze yesterday, What I saw on ground I was impressed, good structures, good road network, the towns were lively, Ekwulobia, Oko, Ajali, Umunze etc there are More than 9 commercial bank branchies within axis, both bank of industry in Oko, two high institutions Federal poly Oko and Federal college of Education Umunze, In fact I really enjoyed myself, I left the town late, there was this new road I took before Oko within 25 minutes I was in Awka I boycotted Oko, Ekwuluobia, Agulu and Nise.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Chukazu:

Who told you Enugu airport is not viable?
Even from stats, it's doing well for a neglected international airport.
Meanwhile, the local airport is doing well
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2016
kamnene:
Umuchu still exists as umuchu.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Umuchu still exists as umuchu.
Yes of coarse Umuchu is in Aguata Lga of Anambra State, why Umuchukwu formerly Nkerefi is in Orumba South Lga!.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by Blackfire(m): 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bab news.... Bad news.
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano signs Memorandum of Understanding with Dozzy Investment Limited for the for the development of an International Standard Estate in Awka Capital Development Territory.
This Ultra Modern Estate is broken down in the ratio of 30% built up housing units and 70% site and services plots, which will include recreational park, police post, shopping mall, central borehole with water treatment plant, power, school, hospital, internal roads, central sewage system, CCTV among others.
Invest Nigeria... Think Anambra

1 Like

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
More!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by AngryNigerian(m): 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
mynd1:
lol. Ok d man is good. Feel better now? grin

No, i dont...because i'm born to make people angry!!!
Re: Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development! by investnow2013: 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
13 FEBRUARY 2016
This Day (Lagos)
Nigeria: Developer Partners With Anambra Govt to Develop 10,000 Homes

By Anayo Okolie
In his determination to solve housing problems in Nigeria, especially in his home state, Anambra, the Chief Executive Officer of LAC Properties Nigeria Limited, Mr. Chikelo Ejikeme, has promised to partner with Anambra State Government to develop about 10,000 homes for civil servants in the state.

Speaking to journalists in Lagos, Ejikeme said that his company had contributed immensely in reducing housing problems in Nigeria by providing qualitative and affordable housing units for Nigerians, especially in Lagos and Abuja.

According to Ejikeme, "Extending our service to my home state has always been my dream. I am from Anambra State, Nnokwa precisely. I have done some good works in my hometown, and I wish to extend this service to other parts of the state as well.

"I am looking at partnering with the state government to develop about 10,000 homes for civil servants in the state; low mortgage homes with three bedroom bungalows in a good and secured neighbourhood, coupled with good road network and beefed with facilities such as children's park, swimming pool, recreation centre and good security. I am looking at kick starting this project next year."

Speaking on the high rate of unemployment in the country, Ejikeme said that LAC Properties Nigeria Limited had not only focused on ending the problem of housing but it was also committed to drastically reducing the annoying rate of unemployment in Nigeria.

He said: "Where two or more people are brought together to work and earn money for themselves, it is employment. We have created over 100 direct and indirect jobs. We are still looking at employing much more hands. We are now challenging ourselves to take on bigger projects so as to employ more hands and tackle unemployment on a much larger scale".

"I employ both skilled and unskilled; graduates and non-graduates. We employ non-graduates for the manual and menial jobs while graduates are employed to supervise the non-graduates. It is a mixed blend, aimed at rendering the best of our service to our teeming customers."

He also attributed problem in real estate sector to lack of funding and therefore urged the government to assist real estate developer with fund in other to reduce housing problem in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Want President Buhari Dead- Femi Fani Kayode / Dino Melaye Watch As Governor Yahaya Bello Knelt Before Tinubu / Go To Nigeria And Be Kidnapped - Nigeria Now Ranked The 6th Kidnapping Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.