Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince (10590 Views)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by buchilino(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2016
PERSONALLY, I DON'T C D DIFFERENCE. BOTH R D SAME. SOME HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS BUT NEVA IMPLEMENT THEM. WHILE OTHERS IMPLEMENT THEM BUT INSIDE DER HEARTS THEY R DOING IT 4 PUBLIC SHOW.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by kk34: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2016
jiggaz:
Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

What do you think righteousness is about? Something you
do or something you are? Right doing or right being ?
The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience. (Romans 4:5–cool This is new covenant righteousness—a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you are sinful. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!

Thought For The Day

You are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/righteousness-is-not-right-doing-but-right-being/
Amen. If u have the experience as regard to your write up, u will surely get to heaven. Continue.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by aanyasougo: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Dcaliphate:
Now the question is, can there be right being without right doing? I cant claim I'm being right while I'm doing wrong can I? How then can one seperate right being from right doing??

To attempt your question, there cant be right being without right doing. Right being is a product of right believing which leads to right doing. It starts from your believe system; right believing leads to right being, right being leads to right doing. Jesus speaking in John 8:32 says, 'you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free indeed. Until you know the truth and be the truth, you cannot do the truth. Hope i have attempted to help?
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by handsomebolanle: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2016
sassiemyk:
Use grammar to vague all they say and then tell us we need some deeper understanding to crack the knowledge. I wonder how crazier one can get. Jesus taught in the simplest of structures, yet diz self acclaimed holier than saints come here to give me puzzles to solve. Keep it up...

Different times Different People.... and what was obtainable then is different now.....
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Marioplus(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2016
It is important we declare OUR STATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IN CHRIST JESUS NO MATTER WHAT WE HAVE DONE WRONG BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST DOES NOT CHANGE {"JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER" HEB.13:8} WHO DWELLS AND CONTROLS OUR LIVES FROM THE MOMENT WE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS OUR OWN PERSONAL LORD, SAVIOR, REDEEMER AND GOD however it is VERY VERY IMPORTANT that we follow up our declarations with GENUINE/SINCERE REPENTANCE AND RECONCILIATION.
FIRST
MY FATHER AND GOD I AM SORRY FOR COMMITTING THIS SIN {CALL THE SIN IT'S ORIGINAL NAME AND DO NOT GIVE IT trivial nick-name; FORNICATION CALLED FORNICATION and not FUN} "If we confess our sins he who is FAITHFUL and just will FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS" (1 Jn.1:9), please wash me CLEAN AND MAKE ME WHOLE AGAIN with THE PRICELESS PRECIOUS BLOOD OF YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST which HE POURED OUT FOR MY SANCTIFICATION ON THE TREE OF THE CALVARY {'Instead, one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear and at once BLOOD AND WATER came out' Jn.19:34} in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
BELIEVE IT IS DONE {"IT IS FINISHED" Jn.19:30}
"So I tell you, WHATEVER you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it and it will be yours" {Mk.11:24}
This is not directed to make Believers go ahead committing SIN with the intention to fall back on FORGIVENESS/MERCY OF GOD. GENUINE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD REMOVES EVERY DESIRE/THOUGHT FOR SIN IN YOU "...the children of God do not SIN because THE SEED OF RIGHTEOUSNESS HAS BEEN PLANTED IN THEM, they CANNOT SIN" (1 Jn.3:9), the Holy Spirit puts a STRONG HATRED SIN AND AN HONEST DESIRE FOR HOLINESS {" For I will [a]take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your uncleanness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My ordinances and do them" Ezek.36:24-27}.
After reconciling with GOD
Go ahead and reconcile with THE HUMAN BEING INVOLVED WHETHER he offended you or you offended him
GO TO HIM/HER
DO NOT LOOK AT HIS/HER FACE
OR ELSE YOU WILL BE DISCOURAGED OR ANGERED AGAIN
SAY "I AM SORRY" OR "I HAVE FORGIVEN YOU"
EXPECT THE WORST REACTIONS
IT DOES NOT MATTER what he/she says or reacts to
WHAT MATTERS IS YOU HAVE SET YOURSELF FREE FROM UNFORGIVING SPIRIT {DOWN-CASTING DEMON}
just to respond to MasterP who was quoting Isaiah "out righteousness is like a filthy rag before God" {Isaiah 64:6} YES, but it is for those who claim to BE HOLY OR RIGHTEOUS on their own power or ability without STANDING ON THE MERITS/EFFECTS OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS PRICELESS PRECIOUS BLOOD FOR THEIR OWN SOURCE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
GOD THE FATHER HAS MADE JESUS CHRIST OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAVING JUSTICE, WISDOM, SANCTIFICATION AND REDEMPTION {1 Cor.1:30}
and ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL LORD, SAVIOR, REDEEMER AND GOD through declaration ("because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation" Rom.10:9-10), BAPTISM {"Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God" Jn.3:5} and FOLLOW UP LIFESTYLE OF GENUINE HOLINESS "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]" (Mtt.7:21-23)
ARE NOW SEEN BY GOD THE FATHER ON BEHALF OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AS RIGHTEOUS thus
"He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious loving kindness]" (2 Cor.5:21)

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by EvangelistNdudi(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8h4fFCPOw

We will live with Christ at the end
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by eph12(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2016
Scatterscatter:

The piece didn't ask you not to do right, it's just an eye opener that your right doings aren't what makes you righteous. Believing Jesus Christ is what makes us righteous
That's true. But hope we all agree that believing Jesus Christ and not showing that in our actions can't make us righteous.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Otapipia: 9:01am On Nov 13, 2016
jiggaz:
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience. (Romans 4:5–cool This is new covenant righteousness—a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you are sinful. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!

Thought For The Day

You are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/righteousness-is-not-right-doing-but-right-being/
Don't deceive people please. How would one ever make heaven without right doing? Right being alone does not guarantee eternity with Christ. You have to consciously obey God's commandments as they relate to your daily living and activities. You cannot continue to dwell in sin and claim to be righteous. Get yourself into the presence of God and you'll get more understanding of the subject.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Otapipia: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
Marioplus:
It is important we declare OUR STATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IN CHRIST JESUS NO MATTER WHAT WE HAVE DONE WRONG BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST DOES NOT CHANGE {"JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER" HEB.13:8} WHO DWELLS AND CONTROLS OUR LIVES FROM THE MOMENT WE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS OUR OWN PERSONAL LORD, SAVIOR, REDEEMER AND GOD however it is VERY VERY IMPORTANT that we follow up our declarations with GENUINE/SINCERE REPENTANCE AND RECONCILIATION.
FIRST
MY FATHER AND GOD I AM SORRY FOR COMMITTING THIS SIN {CALL THE SIN IT'S ORIGINAL NAME AND DO NOT GIVE IT trivial nick-name; FORNICATION CALLED FORNICATION and not FUN} "If we confess our sins he who is FAITHFUL and just will FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS" (1 Jn.1:9), please wash me CLEAN AND MAKE ME WHOLE AGAIN with THE PRICELESS PRECIOUS BLOOD OF YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST which HE POURED OUT FOR MY SANCTIFICATION ON THE TREE OF THE CALVARY {'Instead, one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear and at once BLOOD AND WATER came out' Jn.19:34} in JESUS NAME. AMEN.
BELIEVE IT IS DONE {"IT IS FINISHED" Jn.19:30}
"So I tell you, WHATEVER you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it and it will be yours" {Mk.11:24}
This is not directed to make Believers go ahead committing SIN with the intention to fall back on FORGIVENESS/MERCY OF GOD. GENUINE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD REMOVES EVERY DESIRE/THOUGHT FOR SIN IN YOU "...the children of God do not SIN because THE SEED OF RIGHTEOUSNESS HAS BEEN PLANTED IN THEM, they CANNOT SIN" (1 Jn.3:9), the Holy Spirit puts a STRONG HATRED SIN AND AN HONEST DESIRE FOR HOLINESS {" For I will [a]take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your uncleanness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My ordinances and do them" Ezek.36:24-27}.
After reconciling with GOD
Go ahead and reconcile with THE HUMAN BEING INVOLVED WHETHER he offended you or you offended him
GO TO HIM/HER
DO NOT LOOK AT HIS/HER FACE
OR ELSE YOU WILL BE DISCOURAGED OR ANGERED AGAIN
SAY "I AM SORRY" OR "I HAVE FORGIVEN YOU"
EXPECT THE WORST REACTIONS
IT DOES NOT MATTER what he/she says or reacts to
WHAT MATTERS IS YOU HAVE SET YOURSELF FREE FROM UNFORGIVING SPIRIT {DOWN-CASTING DEMON}
just to respond to MasterP who was quoting Isaiah "out righteousness is like a filthy rag before God" {Isaiah 64:6} YES, but it is for those who claim to BE HOLY OR RIGHTEOUS on their own power or ability without STANDING ON THE MERITS/EFFECTS OF THE FINISHED WORKS OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS PRICELESS PRECIOUS BLOOD FOR THEIR OWN SOURCE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
GOD THE FATHER HAS MADE JESUS CHRIST OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAVING JUSTICE, WISDOM, SANCTIFICATION AND REDEMPTION {1 Cor.1:30}
and ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR OWN PERSONAL LORD, SAVIOR, REDEEMER AND GOD through declaration ("because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation" Rom.10:9-10), BAPTISM {"Jesus answered, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God" Jn.3:5} and FOLLOW UP LIFESTYLE OF GENUINE HOLINESS "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]" (Mtt.7:21-23)
ARE NOW SEEN BY GOD THE FATHER ON BEHALF OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AS RIGHTEOUS thus
"He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious loving kindness]" (2 Cor.5:21)
You've said it all. God bless you.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Otapipia: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Beautiful piece... This is a message the devil is trying so hard to prevent from circulating because he knows it will only make Christians stronger In Christ as we will become solely dependent on Him and the works He has done for us. Beautiful!
On the contrary, this is the message the devil wants believers to so earnestly hear and believe. This message extols "right being" to a level that is not within the contemplation of the Bible. It seeks to elevate "right being" far above 'right doing".

For emphasis sakes, right being alone cannot take anyone to heaven. In fact, right doing makes right being complete.

3 Likes

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Janeyinspires(f): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Usually because of Joseph Prince's WoF predispositions, whenever I decide to partake in any of his message bowls, I cautiously and carefully eat the grains and without hesistation quickly spit OUT straws caught in between, however on this ocassion I subscribe wholeheartedly to this brilliant message article of his and fully endorse it.
Found no straw in the grains, Joseph Prince on this one, completely nailed it.

Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness
- Genesis 15:6

For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
- Romans 4:3

So also, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness
- Galatians 3:6

And the Scripture was fulfilled that says,
"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called a friend of God.

- James 2:23

As is noted in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, righteousness apparently is joined at the hip with ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' where ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' is synonymous with FAITH

Righteousness, can also have the same meaning as approval too,
where approval is gained from ''simultaneously doing the right thing, at the right time and still standing on God's right hand side''

I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just.
Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised."
- Genesis 18:19 NLT

The righteousness credited to Abraham in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, the righteousness enjoyed by Abraham is not the ultimate righteousness. It is not the supreme approval but the righteousness of God in Christ is

The righteousness of God in Christ is like a Seal of Approval stamped on all that believe in God.
It is a divine indication that all that believe in God, all that believe in every word of God are looked at as accepted and/or looked at favourably

The righteousness of God in Christ, is a ready to wear, off the shelf, off the peg, off the rack, ready-made ''God approval via Christ'' superimposed on every believer, so that God, ONLY & ALWAYS, sees the perfection of Christ in every believer, instead of seeing the believers' imperfections, shortcomings, weaknesses, limitations, failings etcetera

Every one that believes, has the ''Righteousness of God in Christ'', no limits, FREE credit, lodged in their account
''Righteousness of God in Christ'' is not earned, is not worked for but it is something given

Great add-on..Not by works that anyone should boast.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by RexKexMilann: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2016
"Saved by Grace THROUGH faith." So if it is not backed up by faith, then it is not the Grace of God.
" Faith without works is dead."
Works is the only proof that you have Faith.
Only a lazy Christian (no offence) will accept this unbalanced teaching.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by doubleportion: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2016
RexKexMilann:
"Saved by Grace THROUGH faith." So if it is not backed up by faith, then it is not the Grace of God.
" Faith without works is dead."
Works is the only proof that you have Faith.
Only a lazy Christian (no offence) will accept this unbalanced teaching.

I can see that you don't understand the "work" in the context of the scripture that you quoted, it is not the work of flesh, it is taking right steps in the direction of your faith. Have you ever try to stop an habit and you find it difficult to do,read Roman 7 and discover more
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Kei144(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2016
jiggaz:

Thought For The Day

Ja. 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
Ja. 2:21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
Ja. 2:22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
Ja. 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” [Gen. 15:6] and he was called God’s friend.
Ja. 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Ja. 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
Ja. 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

1Jn. 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
1Jn. 3:8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by RexKexMilann: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2016
doubleportion:

I can see that you don't understand the "work" in the context of the scripture that you quoted, it is not the work of flesh, it is taking right steps in the direction of your faith. Have you ever try to stop an habit and you find it difficult to do,read Roman 7 and discover more
I have long refrained from anything that has to do with this teaching so I wouldn't engage in any form of argument here.

No one can stop a habit on his own. However, there is the FREE GIFT of Grace and there is the ENABLING POWER of Grace. You cannot receive the free gift without receiving the enabling power (to stop that habit). Doing that would mean you are subscribing to an unbalanced Truth (which is, as a matter of fact, No truth at all).

I perfectly understand the work I meant, sir. There are works of faith and works of righteousness which Grace (through the enabling power) helps us to perform thereby bearing fruits of righteousness.
My point is that this teaching is unbalanced. I am yet to discern yours. God Bless.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by abiambo(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Usually because of Joseph Prince's WoF predispositions, whenever I decide to partake in any of his message bowls, I cautiously and carefully eat the grains and without hesistation quickly spit OUT straws caught in between, however on this ocassion I subscribe wholeheartedly to this brilliant message article of his and fully endorse it.
Found no straw in the grains, Joseph Prince on this one, completely nailed it.

Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness
- Genesis 15:6

For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
- Romans 4:3

So also, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness
- Galatians 3:6

And the Scripture was fulfilled that says,
"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called a friend of God.

- James 2:23

As is noted in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, righteousness apparently is joined at the hip with ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' where ''believing the LORD'' or ''believing the word, report, etcetera of the LORD'' is synonymous with FAITH

Righteousness, can also have the same meaning as approval too,
where approval is gained from ''simultaneously doing the right thing, at the right time and still standing on God's right hand side''

I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just.
Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised."
- Genesis 18:19 NLT

The righteousness credited to Abraham in Genesis 15:6 etcetera, the righteousness enjoyed by Abraham is not the ultimate righteousness. It is not the supreme approval but the righteousness of God in Christ is

The righteousness of God in Christ is like a Seal of Approval stamped on all that believe in God.
It is a divine indication that all that believe in God, all that believe in every word of God are looked at as accepted and/or looked at favourably

The righteousness of God in Christ, is a ready to wear, off the shelf, off the peg, off the rack, ready-made ''God approval via Christ'' superimposed on every believer, so that God, ONLY & ALWAYS, sees the perfection of Christ in every believer, This is what was described as the gospel (good news) instead of seeing the believers' imperfections, shortcomings, weaknesses, limitations, failings etcetera

Every one that believes, has the ''Righteousness of God in Christ'', no limits, FREE credit, lodged in their account
''Righteousness of God in Christ'' is not earned, is not worked for but it is something given
This is what was described as the gospel (good news) In the bible .
Not all those panic, judgmental teachings we hear in nigeria today.

God has judged christ as righteous and sees us as christ by faith becos firstly our personal righteousness the bible says is like a filthy rag before God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by abiambo(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2016
buchilino:
PERSONAL, I DON'T C D DIFFERENCE. BOTH R D SAME. SOME HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS BUT NEVA IMPLEMENT THEM. WHILE OTHERS IMPLEMENT THEM BUT INSIDE DER HEARTS THEY R DOING IT 4 PUBLIC SHOW.
There's a big difference between them my brother.
Because we cannot please God with our righteousness no matter how hard we try. Believing christ is our only way to right standing with God. The blood that speaks better things . Jesus said I am d way the truth and the life no one COMES To THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME. Self righteousness is funny
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by doubleportion: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2016
I discovered lately that the only weapon that devil is using against the body of Christ in this end time is ignorance, Jesus did everything, we refused to take the delivery, we are trying to complicate what had been simplified. It wasn't a problem that start with this generation, apostle paul have to conceal a revelation for 14years because believers can't take it, it was too high for them 2cor 12:2, 1cor 3:1-3.

This is the dispensation of the Holy spirit in which one of His primary responsibilities is to make us know the truth, therefore let us engage Him with quality meditation for relevant revelations, and you know the spirit beareth witness so that we can know if somebody is preaching heresies.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by doubleportion: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2016
RexKexMilann:
I have long refrained from anything that has to do with this teaching so I wouldn't engage in any form of argument here.

No one can stop a habit on his own. However, there is the FREE GIFT of Grace and there is the ENABLING POWER of Grace. You cannot receive the free gift without receiving the enabling power (to stop that habit). Doing that would mean you are subscribing to an unbalanced Truth (which is, as a matter of fact, No truth at all).

I perfectly understand the work I meant, sir. There are works of faith and works of righteousness which Grace (through the enabling power) helps us to perform thereby bearing fruits of righteousness.
My point is that this teaching is unbalanced. I am yet to discern yours. God Bless.

grin it is natural to man to boldly kick against whatever he doesn't understands,it's not a crime. To a Pharisee calling yourself a son of God is a serious crime.
Engage the holy spirit.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jayAjoku(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2016
yes this is very true righteousness is a gift from God to those who are born again. you can't work to get it ... its a free gift
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Bernard1162: 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
Righteousness is nt only a right being but also a right doing.By definition, Being is what Is.right doing on the other hand is the manifestatn of what is i.e right being.Thus,to complement it all,one who is righteous(right being) must do the work of righteousness(right doing) or else you falls into the sin of omission i.e you have failed to do what is right.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Dammyak4: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
[quote author=hisjosan post=50996248]I'd say it's both of em[/quote

You would say its both right but the SCRIPTURES says its only by faith. Just by faith. Simple enough.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
So if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you're not righteous?
Scatterscatter:

The piece didn't ask you not to do right, it's just an eye opener that your right doings aren't what makes you righteous. Believing Jesus Christ is what makes us righteous
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by omojeesu(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
jiggaz:

Thought For The Day

Both.
Right being, first; which makes right doing acceptable by God.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
Dcaliphate:
Now the question is, can there be right being without right doing? I cant claim I'm being right while I'm doing wrong can I? How then can one seperate right being from right doing??
[b][/b][i][/i]. You nailed it, for no one can say s/he is right (being)without doing right. If you'd embibed right being, it can only translate to right doing, when the righteousness of Christ Jesus is credited to you, His ways of living would be found in you without your effort or struggle

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by mykeuvih: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
To those who think the text is full of big dictionary grammars, Actually, I don't see any strange or implicit words in the text....
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Scatterscatter(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
ItsQuinn:
So if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you're not righteous?

I'm sorry, YOU ARE NOT!!!
right works without Christ only makes you a moralist and maybe a philanthropist.

"Abraham believed God and God counted it to him as righteousness"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by Scatterscatter(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Otapipia:

On the contrary, this is the message the devil wants believers to so earnestly hear and believe. This message extols "right being" to a level that is not within the contemplation of the Bible. It seeks to elevate "right being" far above 'right doing".

For emphasis sakes, right being alone cannot take anyone to heaven. In fact, right doing makes right being complete.

One question for the road,
Should a Christian be found doing evil (wrong)?

Listen, any Christian that still dwell in sinful act doesn't know his true identity. Being the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus doesn't give you the liberty to do evil! But the good news is, should you fall into sin due to human nature, you have a grace over an unbeliever and the grace is the fact that you can always run to the Father to ask for forgiveness and repent sincerely. Through this, you will not stray further away.
When an unbeliever errs, he runs away from God totally because he believes God is only interested in destroying sinners; Listen, this is the message the devil is promoting to get people farther away from the loving grace of God. God is not interested in destroying sinners, rather he wants them to repent and accept Jesus, His Son as their Lord and saviour.

Believe in Jesus and the works He did on your behalf, live a life of love and it shall be well with your soul.
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
Night
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2017
Pppp
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
Koooo
Re: Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead / Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point? / The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.