Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? (56704 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by millhouse: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
Iweep for this country

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by azeeza(f): 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Kai e de pain you?
chkpoint:
Una still dey talk? Baba change don come, na only smoke and fire dey commot for he yansh, even better shit eno fit shittam. nothing to offer

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by beejay4all(m): 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
1)MY AMBITION IS NOT WORTH THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN... GEJ 2)DEMOCRACY CALLS FOR SACRIFICE AND TOLERANCE, AN OPEN EAR AND A STRONG VOICE...GEJ 3)CYNICISM AND SCEPTICISM WILL NOT HELP OUR JOURNEY TO GREATNESS. LET US BELIEVE IN A NEW NIGERIA...GEJ 4)I PREFER TO SEE THE SILVER LINING IN A DARK CLOUD RATHER THE DARK CLOUD IN A SILVER LINING... GEJ 5)WE ARE NOT SWORN ENEMIES... WE'RE NEIGHBORS WHO SOMETIMES OFFEND EACH OTHER BUT CAN ALWAYS SIT DOWN TO TALK OVER OUR DIFFERENCES...GEJ 6)OUR FOUNDING FATHERS...DID NOT DREAM OF A COUNTRY WHERE NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS WOULD EXCHANGE BULLETS IN PLACE OF HANDSHAKES...GEJ

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by ideatoprince18(m): 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
lielbree:

Then what do we call buhari, A RET.ARDED PEDOPHILE,
A BRIAN LESS BLOOD SUCKING TERRORIST.
........ U forgot to add GWORO SIPPING MONKEY

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by HopeAlive14(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Adminisher:

You have my sympathy

Thank you Mr. Sympathetic

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by jaymichael(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
santos247:
Let Jonathan and his co-travellers go and sit down. They brought our nation to its knees by what they did and what they failed to do. If we had built our reserves during rainy days, we would be able to insulate against the dwindling prices of crude in the world market. THose who claim Buhari and the CBN are wrong, i dare ask...What alternative policies do they suggest
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.

What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo) Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to work Does it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say.........
You have spoken truthfully. We will now be forced to look inward, consume locally produced goods, seek to produce for export to earn FOREX. Those that are wise will transition from extractive to processing industry.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by abdelmaleeq(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pinkybush:
Ex-President Jonathan said this during the 10th National Convention of the PDP. Could he be likened to a prophet?

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/columns/wednesday-columns/43763-between-president-jonathan-and-general-buhari

In his dreams dey is gain without pain

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by 1miccza: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Baawaa:
This is voice of JonaTAN the failure and the loser grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ironically you are describing what we are witnessing in the nation right now with someone who looks more like a figurehead than a president..
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by drey076(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Jonathan administration was the most corrupt administration we ever had, sentiment even the waiters cannot discuss fact. It is too early to judge the current administration. We will use our vote to mark the script of buhari come 2019

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by eph12(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
santos247:
Let Jonathan and his co-travellers go and sit down. They brought our nation to its knees by what they did and what they failed to do. If we had built our reserves during rainy days, we would be able to insulate against the dwindling prices of crude in the world market. THose who claim Buhari and the CBN are wrong, i dare ask...What alternative policies do they suggest
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.

What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo) Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to work Does it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say.........
Ok since you wanna know, i work in the confectionery industry and most of the accessories used are not produced in Nigeria neither are there alternatives. Margarine, butter are among other things that are not produced here. An airbrush machine that was sold for 45k this time last year was bought for 65k last week and today is 75k. All cutters used are imported from the US or UK. Now their prices have tripled. 55 pieces of nozzles sold for 7.5k last year is 15k now. And you say it's not affecting the ordinary man on the street? Please how much is a bag of pure water now? I support patronizing #madeinnaija things but there are so many things we can't get here.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by alfsalami: 5:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
I hope some body is not comparing the old prophets of God with a criminal . Governing for six years with nothing to point at other than the strenghtning of the kidnapping sector and articulate vandalization of our wealth . Days of reckoning are at hand , kirikiri is waiting

4 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Akaujaa(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Some people are just gifted when it comes to celebrating mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by hyperflex(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
illmatic101:

Then what will you call Buhari? grin

So far so good Buhari ain't shit! Dollar falling and he and His minions can't do nothing. Companies laying off workers to go and do what exactly? The so called well read people in the country that traveled out to get educated, had solid education that was quality can't do nothing for the country except bleed her resources dry. What do u expect from us that have less quality education. I say it again BUHARI ain't shit! We just in a merry go round of shyster politicians. Bleep all these bs. Dollar falling like its a ball on a slope. Shit am angry

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by TPAND(f): 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Culled this many months ago from Punch.

I scanned that particular page and saved on my phone.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by abdoolorunwa(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
THE ONLY THING I THINK I STILL REMEMBER VERY CLEARLY IS "STEALING ISN'T CORRUPTION".
I THOUGHT HE NEEDS HIS HEAD EXAMINED.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by atakamus: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
I wonder if people praising Jona have sense at as all. A man whose village has no light, water or good access road. He was a President for almost 6 years. A man that failed his people. He had good ideas for the country but had no control and no political will to implement them. That was why people in his govt did a lot of of nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Pinkybush: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
#teambringbackGEJ

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Sunbellar: 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
Behold the CHANGE mantra of the dullard has come and Nigerians awaits:

(1) Turning of 1 naira into 1 US dollar in the shortest
possible time, it's a promise

(2) Give us steady power supply asap

(3) Outright wiping out of corruption and corrupt individuals in the country

(4) Brand new refineries which will turn Nigeria into an
exporter of refined petroleum products

(5) It's equally time to drive on brand new roads devoid of
potholes.

(6) All our unemployed youths should be given jobs
immediately

(7) Boko haram to be totally flushed out completely
( Free education to all including feeding of school
children, so from next term, I won't bother about my child's
lunch or school fees.

(9) 24/7 all round security for Nigerians

(10) Medicare, food and agriculture, pipe born water etc
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
he is not, he was speaking in parables cos I knew d damages his administration has done in terms of looting d treasury. so he knew d incoming govt will do a lot of work to clear his mess.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by ajebuter(f): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
ideatoprince18:
Surely he was not a prophet ....... HE WAS and HE IS STILL AN INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON!!

An ' ineffectual buffoon' whose opinion and advice the ' Daura Dullardinhoo is seeking...

Jonathan never gave me any advice....... Odeehari.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Mackson01: 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
If the foundation be faulty, what do you do? You have to pull down the whole structure to rebuild. Buhari is laying a solid foundation vfor Nigeria. We have got to endure the pain to enjoy the gain.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Pinkybush: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
atakamus:
I wonder if people praising Jona have sense at as all. A man whose village has no light, water or good access road. He was a President for almost 6 years. A man that failed his people. He had good ideas for the country but had no control and no political will to implement them. That was why people in his govt did a lot of of nonsense.
that's bcoz he was tryin 2 impress the foolanis by buildin universities, almajiri schs in d north, not knowing that they wil kick him out

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery
so where is this Moses taking us and where is even the promise land?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
eleojo23:

You are still blaming GEJ abi?
Buhari's is almost one year in office and hasn't recorded any notable success either.
The economy is collapsing, Boko haram is still very much around.

The only thing making progress is Buhari's Global Tour Initiative which has made him visit nearly 20 countries in less than 12months with funds from the 'empty' treasury he inherited.

Buhari is actually taking us backwards.

Shut your stinking mouth.....the GEJ that is your hero chilling in otueke did he take you with him....how do you expect buhari to do anything with what Jonathan left ......this is the problem with all y'all iPod youth

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery
when will nigerians face the truth, you say jonathan knew all these crisis where coming then he must have been the best person to avert them. With your buhari in power, nigeria is declining to her worst state. My heart bleeds for our country and ignorant nigerians.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by ogasnow: 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Adminisher:
No Jonathan was not a prophet. He was a simpleton who was being coached to sound like Mandela. A thief, a robber of his own people, a robber of the poor and an enricher of his own enemies. The weakest and most stupid man ever to be given given office .

Well said. A simpleton. A mindless fool. A weakling. A liar. "An ineffectual buffoon". An enabler of corruption. A square peg in a round hole. Elevated to a position well beyond his capabilities by providence. A fraudster. A cruel joke...perhaps the most cruel hand fate has ever dealt Nigeria.

Never again.

Nothing he has to say is relevant to me.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by kunyeo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
You are a wicked soul! Why this to attract curses on Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Yorobastard(m): 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Lol...how did Nigerians get brainwashed during the election period and still their brain has not cleared...that must really be a strong brainwashing....did anyone notice that everything APC and buhari promised is being fulfilled in the opposite way

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by banki(m): 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
rudestmcblaze:
He is not a prophet, he knew buhari craved power n d sout-westerners were willing to give power to an hausa illitrate

Can't you stop this useless ethnic nonsense!

Was it only south south and south east that made jonathan president?

Was it not obasanjo that single handedly made jona president of nigeria?
Did states like katsina not vote for jonathan in 2011
Did tunde bakare mallam Nasir elrufai wole soyinka not march to national assembly to make jona president

How many south easterners came out to make jona president or even southerners?

4 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by elivis(m): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Cynicism has taken over many's reason. GEJ was voted out. The falling oil prices is not a reason for lacklustre. Oil prices has never and will never be stable. Every Leader looks at challenge as a stepping stone not inducing conflagratory comments. Nigeria should stop thinking in retrospect but embrace the circumstances and prove critics wrong by turning around a bad situation for progress and positive change. As Nigeria deserves.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Arnoldo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:

Stop fooling yourself,abacha sold crude at $9 a barell nd naira neva exceeded N85-1$...crude price has almost nothing to do with this,buhari's policies are driving investors away,one of d major problem is the scarcity of dollars...his economic team are asleep!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.