Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? (56706 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Sajio(m): 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
who is more corrupt..? the one that is servicing the country without budget or the one with budget as it is now, we on the longthing! God save 9ja
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by wxyz1: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Caseless:
he's fvcked as Hell. He brought us here. He was actually telling us to do the right thing by voting him out, and we did just that.
He brought you here, but some of his policy is what is sustaining the government till date. check your record. your hero and lord has been in the office close to one year now without one clear policy, they are still brain washing you with corruption. was there no corruption before GEJ took over Governance in Nigeria. did you know how much your lord is spending travelling round the world even with our present situation. you people should let me hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by marc26(m): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
GEJ's still my hero

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mrmetoo1: 9:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
modik:

It is so amazing how people fail to see with their eyes but grop in the figment of their own imaginations.

1.GEJ was corrupt but Fashion commended his Road construction effort across the country.

2.GEJ was corrupt, yet Ratio Amaechi applauded his 3xtensive rail rehabilitation effort too.

3. GEJ was corrupt, yet him and his economic team managed inflation and held it down to a single digit all through his tenure.

4. GEJ was corrupt yet he sought to remove subsidy but the GURUS in power now cried wolf but did same in less than six months into power.

5.GEJ was corrupt, yet we had the fairest and freest election in Nigeria's history.

6.GEJ was corrupt yet we never had fuel scarcity except during the dying days of his tenure when opposition politicised and sabotaged his clean record of fuel availability to paint him black.

7. GEJ was corrupt yet he passed freedom of information bill and allowed freedom of expression across social media platform without gaging any body's voice

8. GEJ was corrupt yet...... I can continue endlessly.

Let's remove sentiment and appreciate good works for once.

Only time will tell.

This is the effect of his corruption we're dealing with right now. Bush's bad economic policies didn't begin to have a devastating effect until end of 2008. We were already borrowing money to pay salaries when oil was >$60. NOI was already making noise about tough times ahead even at oil selling at double of what it is right now. If they were already preaching doom then and borrowing to pay salaries, what do you think would be happening now? In 2015 they slashed capital spending to almost nothing, what do you think would have happened if they were there now? Nigerians always act like we suffer from short term memory loss. Any semblance of doing any work was because GEJ ruled this country during the highest oil boom as soon as there was a little downturn they stopped funding capital projects. Contractors stopped work because they were owed, oil marketers were owed. With the oil boom, they left humongous debt and diminished reserve. How do you make more, then owe more and have less? If they ruled how they should we should be several steps ahead as a country and we should not be feeling the effect so quickly because we'll have some funds left to act as a cushion.

I want this administration to be more aggressive in tackling this dwindling economy. I believe they could be doing more. I need them to treat it as an emergency and go after it with the energy and passion they're chasing Boko Haram and corruption but coming here trying to do some abracadabra like it wasn't corruption that got us here won't work.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mrmetoo1: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
Sajio:
who is more corrupt..? the one that is servicing the country without budget or the one with budget as it is now, we on the longthing! God save 9ja

Educate yourself more sir, last day to service 2015 budget is in March and since it had little to no capital expenditure, nothing really can happen till they pass the new one.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mrmetoo1: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
janco:
It takes courage to accept mistake and one trait of good leader is ability to carry others along.
GEJ was a very good leader, but unfortunately Nigerians prefare ruthless leaders who flog instead of patting on the back.

PMB will learn with time that you do not sail against the tide.
He wanted to be president or make the country ungovernable.
Now life has make him president..... he is still unable to make Nigeria "governorable"

For us Nigerians, I think its time we start appreciating what we have and make best use of the momment rather than cast blames on any one our thoughts reach out to.

Blessings

Answer this question, please what made GEJ a good leader?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by modik(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
mrmetoo1:

This is the effect of his corruption we're dealing with right now. Bush's bad economic policies didn't begin to have a devastating effect until end of 2008. We were already borrowing money to pay salaries when oil was >$60. NOI was already making noise about tough times ahead even at oil selling at double of what it is right now. If they were already preaching doom then and borrowing to pay salaries, what do you think would be happening now? In 2015 they slashed capital spending to almost nothing, what do you think would have happened if they were there now? Nigerians always act like we suffer from short term memory loss. Any semblance of doing any work was because GEJ ruled this country during the highest oil boom as soon as there was a little downturn they stopped funding capital projects. Contractors stopped work because they were owed, oil marketers were owed. With the oil boom, they left humongous debt and diminished reserve. How do you make more, then owe more and have less? If they ruled how they should we should be several steps ahead as a country and we should not be feeling the effect so quickly because we'll have some funds left to act as a cushion.

I want this administration to be more aggressive in tackling this dwindling economy. I believe they could be doing more. I need them to treat it as an emergency and go after it with the energy and passion they're chasing Boko Haram and corruption but coming here trying to do some abracadabra like it wasn't corruption that got us here won't work.

Coming here to Blame GEJ this GEJ that is most nauseating to say the least.

How long shall we continue to campaign for relevance even after elections have been long concluded? Is governance not a continuum? If I see myself incapable of proferring solution to the problem at hand, while I willfully applied for the job, is it not high time the helmsman got down to work rather than chasing shadows when the jungle is on fire? At what point in Nigerian history have we got it right by redirecting the economic fortunes to the rightful channel of productivity?

We sing "The labours of our heroes past" in our National Anthem but focus only on GEJ who is the scape goat! Forgetting all past leaders who brought the country to its knees through one policy sumasult or the other.

How long shall it take the present government to let Nigerians see, appreciate and key into their economic policy framework aimed at addressing the recession hitting our economy?

Did you read about Wole Soyinka's advise on the urgent need to convene a National economic conference aimed at addressing the looming recession?

Many questions begging for answer. For me, the time of campaign is over, let the government of the day settle down and address /impliment the theoretical policies they promised Nigerians.

No amount of blame game and propaganda can save or absolve them from their vicarious liability/responsibility of governance.

Nigerians are watching.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by manakocha(m): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
what a ras-mata..... can he even remember why, when & what made him read that now
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mrmetoo1: 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
modik:

Coming here to Blame GEJ this GEJ that is most nauseating to say the least.

How long shall we continue to campaign for relevance even after elections have been long concluded? Is governance not a continuum? If I see myself incapable of proferring solution to the problem at hand, while I willfully applied for the job, is it not high time the helmsman got down to work rather than chasing shadows when the jungle is on fire? At what point in Nigerian history have we got it right by redirecting the economic fortunes to the rightful channel of productivity?

We sing "The labours of our heroes past" in our National Anthem but focus only on GEJ who is the scape goat! Forgetting all past leaders who has brought the country to its knees through one policy sumasult or the other.

How long shall it take the present government to let Nigerians see, appreciate and key into their economic policy framework aimed at addressing the recession hitting our economy?

Did you read about Wole Soyinka's advise on the urgent need to convene a National economic conference aimed at addressing the looming recession?

Many questions begging for answer. For me, the time of campaign is over, let the government of the day settle down and address /impliment the theoretical policies they promised Nigerians.

No amount of blame game and propaganda can save or absolve them from their vicarious liability/responsibility of governance.

Nigerians are watching.

I'm not here to blame GEJ, I'm over GEJ. I was here to address folks that want to erase our memory, those that want to write history wrong. Fact is we got here because of some actions that were taken previously but we are here now. All I need is for this government to do what they can to make this situation better. However, the realist in me says it'll get worse before it gets better because we don't have anything in place yet to save us from the beating we're getting from low oil prices.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by sulmax: 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Prophet jona,na madness dey worried you,prophet ko proverb ni,were
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
chloee:
he gave APC change of Wetin he spend remain grin

Guy relax, we gave him four years to impress us. So far, I'm not complaining.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by buddylawson: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Carry on! my hero from Otuoke. Pls accept my heart felt sympathy on the demise of your cousin. God will surely bring his abductors to book. I pray God continue to give u the needed fortitude n resilience to continue to direct, help Buhari in this onerous task of leadership. We all now know APC wasn't ready but for d sake of acquiring power made them falsely deceived Nigerians. And up till now they are still deceiving the masses. Pls don't fail to contribute when where necessary.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Chrisabig(m): 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
It will be bad before it gets better, buhari will change this country, believe it or not.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Arnoldo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:

9$ /barrel and how much did you buy a cup of garri then?
Stop making yourself happy...the problem is nt crude oil price..its scarcity of dollars dat is d problem
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
Arnoldo:
Stop making yourself happy...the problem is nt crude oil price..its scarcity of dollars dat is d problem

Then you do not know the basics of the whole thing. Why don't you ask economists to educate you on this very important issue and how it affects the price of dollars?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by jaybee(f): 10:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pinkybush:
that's bcoz he was tryin 2 impress the foolanis by buildin universities, almajiri schs in d north, not knowing that they wil kick him out

Total nonsense! that's what you get when you refused to do your job, instead you try to impress those that did not seek your patronage.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery

And he also planned to lose the elections right? Dumbo
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
I wasn't a big fan of GEJ, but with the kind of adversity coming with this so called change, SMH.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
buahri govt has not don anytin for me to praise them, but calling gej best president of Nigeria is totally wrong. Gej is the worst tin that eva happen to Nigeria
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Arnoldo:
Are u sure u are a Nigerian?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by KINGLARY: 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
eleojo23:

You are still blaming GEJ abi?
Buhari's is almost one year in office and hasn't recorded any notable success either.
The economy is collapsing, Boko haram is still very much around.

The only thing making progress is Buhari's Global Tour Initiative which has made him visit nearly 20 countries in less than 12months with funds from the 'empty' treasury he inherited.

Buhari is actually taking us backwards.
Who goes far to talk about notable success? Even 'unnotable' success has not been recorded.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by dyn1800: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
The worst and most pretentious President I ever see
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 20, 2016
Thank God we got rid of the bastar.d
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mbanomixs(m): 12:16am On Feb 20, 2016
When I look at Nigerians, I laugh.. . You support a president who is doing nothing to bring us out of this economic downslide but only bent on bring in stolen funds which we have not still recorded anybody in jail... . Yet we blame the man who started to think ahead by kick starting manufacturing in your country... . Mhen Nigerians be wise o... .. Jonathan yes was a theif but still tried to make us independent
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by ODUBEZE: 12:47am On Feb 20, 2016
Icecream4U:
what do you want him to offer? Your greedy master (Gej) has stolen everything
PMB knew this yet fought for d post of presidency! SMH
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by PreyingMantis(m): 1:06am On Feb 20, 2016
drey076:
Jonathan administration was the most corrupt administration we ever had, sentiment even the waiters cannot discuss fact. It is too early to judge the current administration. We will use our vote to mark the script of buhari come 2019
#ImpeachBuhariNow!

Nigerians cannot wait till 2019. There might not be anyone left to vote in 2019 if we allow The Dullard to continue in his stride.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Toks2008(m): 1:34am On Feb 20, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery

Spot on.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by booblacain(m): 2:37am On Feb 20, 2016
santos247:
Let Jonathan and his co-travellers go and sit down. They brought our nation to its knees by what they did and what they failed to do. If we had built our reserves during rainy days, we would be able to insulate against the dwindling prices of crude in the world market. THose who claim Buhari and the CBN are wrong, i dare ask...What alternative policies do they suggest
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.

What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo) Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to work Does it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say.........

It's obvious you do not go to the market. Price of everything has gone up, from rice throught garri to meat.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by kgr8mike(m): 2:44am On Feb 20, 2016
With a Jonathan I saw the Road Map to the development of this country. He made the Road map to Rail Transport/development clear. He made the Road Map of Power Sector development clear. He made the Road Map of Agricultural development clear. He made the Road Map of all his achievements for this country clear in all the fields of human endeavor. But today I cannot see where we are going as a country. I cannot see where we are being lead to.

Jonathan got a PHD and applied it in his mission statements for this country. Nigerians enjoy 'gragra[b][/b]' men who likes to fight corruption and make a show of it. But we did not see that in Jonathan who today is the actual president that fought corruption and got so many things right with his BVN introduction.

I miss you dear Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Goddey03(m): 2:53am On Feb 20, 2016
this man called PMB him still get supporters?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by modik(m): 3:02am On Feb 20, 2016
kgr8mike:
With a Jonathan I saw the Road Map to the development of this country. He made the Road map to Rail Transport/development clear. He made the Road Map of Power Sector development clear. He made the Road Map of Agricultural development clear. He made the Road Map of all his achievements for this country clear in all the fields of human endeavor. But today I cannot see where we are going as a country. I cannot see where we are being lead to.

Jonathan got a PHD and applied it in his mission statements for this country. Nigerians enjoy 'gragra[b][/b]' men who likes to fight corruption and make a show of it. But we did not see that in Jonathan who today is the actual president that fought corruption and got so many things right with his BVN introduction.

I miss you dear Jonathan.

The gullible are in majority.

"Recovered loot will be used in funding inflated and over padded submitted and resubmitted 2016 National budget line items"

LOL.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by poshestmina(f): 3:11am On Feb 20, 2016
babs01:

Jonathan is an intelligent man he knew the economy of the country will worsen due to the way his corrupt cabinets is embezzling the nation's resources thats why he relinquished the power and our fulani brother was happy to be in control. who are people blaming now Jonathan or Buhari?

Finally, you agreed Jonathan was/is an intelligent man?
Not a clueless Otuoke drunk grin
Posterity is still resting, it hasn't started judging you wicked, desperate lots

I laugh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.