Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,996 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? (56703 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by DerKaiser: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Those are some cold hard words.

You can't help but get chills reading them.

The truth and conviction in those words are piercing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Baawaa:
This is voice of JonaTAN the failure and the loser grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You, wake up from your slumber. A year in office (almost) and no notable achievement only - speak against me, face Efcc!
I mean one day, we go talk for nairaland, and Efcc go come find us.

Heard he's even threatening to stop Facebook. Anyone. Who speaks against his government is corrupt and Efcc would fight him/ her. Nonetheless, they found his estate in ogun state today grin. Who's kwarapt now?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Meritocracy: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
darlyboy387:
He saw it comming, he knew that the commuter president was desperate for powers. Now they have admitted that he had good idea for the country. May God bless every oxygen he takes and co2 he exhale including his body metabolism
Everybody has good ideas, the execution methods label person failure or success. Jona is a failure.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by charlycharles(m): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
very very prophetic
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by kolmart: 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
That was a political tone how can you judge PMB who is just spending just about 10 months in office with PDP who destabilized Nigeria for a whole 16 years? the different is clear. it is easy to damage but difficult to repair. we are reaping the PDP damages now so we need to give APC to do the repair. The problem of Nigerians is that we always in a hurry and we don't allow a good leader to fix the country. Many people are shouting hunger hunger hunger and that it was PMB that caused it. If I may ask this set of people are the one crying of hunger since inception of PDP ruling for the past 16 yrs. who now cause the famine in the land? Let give PMB a chance to fix Nigeria especially we masses no condition is permanent we need time.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Leboska(m): 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
I really miss Goodluck ebele Jonathan. this pig head called bokoharamic have really scattered Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Adminisher: 7:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
babs01:

Jonathan is an intelligent man he knew the economy of the country will worsen due to the way his corrupt cabinets is embezzling the nation's resources thats why he relinquished the power and our fulani brother was happy to be in control. who are people blaming now Jonathan or Buhari?

Jonathan is not intelligent and you know it.
He was an academic at sone point in his life but that is not intelligence. Maybe that was why even he was so dull as president and could not control anything around him.
He also did not know the economy of the country. It is a disgrace that a young man will say that Jonathan was good in government. It neans we have a long way to go and parochialism abd kocal mindedness has taken over the country.

He has been known to count private jets and touted it as an index of economic growth. A lot of people have watched Jonathan up close. He is not intelligent at all. Listen to all his interviews and you will know. You can hold on to your views but please if they give you sonething to lead or manage don't ever behave like Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 7:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Arnoldo:
Stop fooling yourself,abacha sold crude at $9 a barell nd naira neva exceeded N85-1$...crude price has almost nothing to do with this,buhari's policies are driving investors away,one of d major problem is the scarcity of dollars...his economic team are asleep!

9$ /barrel and how much did you buy a cup of garri then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
edoziebobbyyahoocom:

when will nigerians face the truth, you say jonathan knew all these crisis where coming then he must have been the best person to avert them. With your buhari in power, nigeria is declining to her worst state. My heart bleeds for our country and ignorant nigerians.

The best person to have averted the crisis my foot and he couldn't do anything to diversify the economy in his 6 years at the helm of affairs? And it was only when the price of crude was falling that his economic team throught of that? If he was still there, do you think the likes of those returning money could have done that? Do you not know that Nigeria could have been further ostracised?

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
dancok:
so where is this Moses taking us and where is even the promise land?

You just came out of the land of Egypt and it's only about 9 months. You are still in the desert.

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by NovusHomo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery

...And he also knew that he had emptied the national treasury, the slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
NovusHomo:

...And he also knew that he had emptied the national treasury, the slowpoke.

Yes, have you not been hearing? I think it a matter of public knowledge

1 Like

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by don4real18(m): 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Jonathan remains the best except to ethno religious bigots.
Take him to rule your house and watch crumbling in 3d.
Mention what GEJ has done for the benefit of this economy

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by paschu: 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
santos247:
Let Jonathan and his co-travellers go and sit down. They brought our nation to its knees by what they did and what they failed to do. If we had built our reserves during rainy days, we would be able to insulate against the dwindling prices of crude in the world market. THose who claim Buhari and the CBN are wrong, i dare ask...What alternative policies do they suggest
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.

What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo) Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to work Does it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say.........

You are SERIOUSLY confused. What's happening in your head is WAY out of sync with what's going on in the streets of Nigetia right now. So quit distorting reality. Just go to the streets and check out prizes starting with RICE, BEANS and OIL. Then you can come back and talk.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by paschu: 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
don4real18:

The fact that you pose that question shows you are clueless. You are asking what GEJ did for Nigeria economy? You must be a felon from Sudan.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by dasauce(m): 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
santos247:
Let Jonathan and his co-travellers go and sit down. They brought our nation to its knees by what they did and what they failed to do. If we had built our reserves during rainy days, we would be able to insulate against the dwindling prices of crude in the world market. THose who claim Buhari and the CBN are wrong, i dare ask...What alternative policies do they suggest
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.

What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo) Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to work Does it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say.........

I salute your sense of reasoning. ..may God preserve you for your family...good one
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by dklex(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
HopeAlive14:
I miss GEJ

U missed Corruption, Otuoke is not far dear.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by paschu: 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
kolmart:
That was a political tone how can you judge PMB who is just spending just about 10 months in office with PDP who destabilized Nigeria for a whole 16 years? the different is clear. it is easy to damage but difficult to repair. we are reaping the PDP damages now so we need to give APC to do the repair. The problem of Nigerians is that we always in a hurry and we don't allow a good leader to fix the country. Many people are shouting hunger hunger hunger and that it was PMB that caused it. If I may ask this set of people are the one crying of hunger since inception of PDP ruling for the past 16 yrs. who now cause the famine in the land? Let give PMB a chance to fix Nigeria especially we masses no condition is permanent we need time.

The price of oil was less than $20 when PDP took over? So what's your point?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by dklex(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
don4real18:

Nothing o o o, they all want the chop I chop politics to continue.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rudestmcblaze: 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
banki:

Can't you stop this useless ethnic nonsense!

Was it only south south and south east that made jonathan president?

Was it not obasanjo that single handedly made jona president of nigeria?
Did states like katsina not vote for jonathan in 2011
Did tunde bakare mallam Nasir elrufai wole soyinka not march to national assembly to make jona president

How many south easterners came out to make jona president or even southerners?
I'm too lazy to read ur comment. All I'm saying is that Jonathan made that statement because he knew buhari was only after the power n that buhari didn't have a plan on how to run the nation. Atiku wud probably have don beta, who knows
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by foriz4u(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Baawaa:
This is voice of JonaTAN the failure and the loser grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
tru u said but I'm sure u didn't understand the message, else , u will know how true dos words r fast working now.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by HopeAlive14(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
dklex:

U missed Corruption, Otuoke is not far dear.

No, I didn't miss corruption. I miss GEJ.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by klax(m): 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Gej was just right on the point. All he said in this quotation has all happened within 7 months.

I'm still asking God why did He gave us APC as alternative to PDP. APC is a Nigeria nightmare the biggest mistake in Nigeria history so far.

God pls uf it's our sins biko forgive APC is Nigeria doom. God have mercy on us. All what people were asking for then was a better CHANGE but all they got back now is *CHAIN*

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by thundafire: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Amaechi said GEJ didnt do any tangible rail way in dy country but which rail track is he busy touring on nd commisioning abi na,baba stinking language build dy tracks

Fashola said no road contracts wer given or awarded but which roads re dy planning 2 complete or is it not GEJ legacy dis bastards re enjoying nw
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by maxzzo1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
divide9ja:
[size=14pt]
The govt , GMB the dullard are confused.
They promised to make our currency better.

look at what the Naira was trading at before the dullard got into power
[/size]

[size=14pt]Look at it now[/size]

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt3bd2k40g95r.19daa360.jpg[/img]

[size=16pt]THE ONLY SALVATION IS TO REMOVE THE DULLARD[/size]
.....so how far na APC? d dullard if promise to make dollar = naira na hw far.....God punish n curse all those that voted APC....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by spartacusdove(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
I can't believe some pple are still praising JonaTAN after all the money stolen during his regime. are Nigerians this gullible?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by adekaz777: 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Pinkybush:
Ex-President Jonathan said this during the 10th National Convention of the PDP. Could he be likened to a prophet?

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/columns/wednesday-columns/43763-between-president-jonathan-and-general-buhari

hmmmm.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by janco: 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
It takes courage to accept mistake and one trait of good leader is ability to carry others along.
GEJ was a very good leader, but unfortunately Nigerians prefare ruthless leaders who flog instead of patting on the back.

PMB will learn with time that you do not sail against the tide.
He wanted to be president or make the country ungovernable.
Now life has make him president..... he is still unable to make Nigeria "governorable"

For us Nigerians, I think its time we start appreciating what we have and make best use of the momment rather than cast blames on any one our thoughts reach out to.

Blessings

2 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by chloee(f): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery
he gave APC change of Wetin he spend remain grin
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
APC is roofless set of party,..always blame without building
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by modik(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
alfsalami:
....... Governing for six years with nothing to point at other than the strenghtning of the kidnapping sector and articulate vandalization of our wealth . Days of reckoning are at hand , kirikiri is waiting

It is so amazing how people fail to see with their eyes but grop in the figment of their own imaginations.

1.GEJ was corrupt but Fashiola commended his Road construction effort across the country.

2.GEJ was corrupt, yet Rotimi Amaechi applauded his extensive rail rehabilitation effort too.

3. GEJ was corrupt, yet he and his economic team managed inflation and held it down to a single digit all through his tenure.

4. GEJ was corrupt yet he sought to remove subsidy but the GURUS in power now cried wolf but did same in less than six months into power.

5.GEJ was corrupt, yet we had the fairest and freest election in Nigeria's history.

6.GEJ was corrupt yet we never had fuel scarcity for six years except during the dying days of his tenure when opposition politicised and sabotaged his clean record of fuel availability to paint him black.

7. GEJ was corrupt yet he passed freedom of information bill and allowed freedom of expression across social media platform without gaging any body's voice

8. GEJ was corrupt yet...... I can continue endlessly.

Let's remove sentiment and appreciate good works for once.

Only time will tell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by mrmetoo1: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Not a prophet but a thief that knew what was coming. He didn't "see" he knew. He knew the damage they did to this country. Forex was flying up and down during elections like paper, now its scarce, demand is high, supply is low.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.