Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? (56701 Views)

Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by dikamzy(m): 3:15am On Feb 20, 2016
illmatic101:

Then what will you call Buhari? grin
did u understand what he said @ all?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by light004: 4:07am On Feb 20, 2016
babs01:

Jonathan is an intelligent man he knew the economy of the country will worsen due to the way his corrupt cabinets is embezzling the nation's resources thats why he relinquished the power and our fulani brother was happy to be in control. who are people blaming now Jonathan or Buhari?

Why do we like turning logic on it head. I guess ignorance should be responsible. Jonathan never said he solved all our problems but he took steps that resulted in tangible achievements and beneficial reforms. If you are unbiased and objective, no one needs to tell you the truth in his saying. Today, Amaechi is singing like a bird on Jonathan's achievements that he said during the campaign never existed; Fashola the same with roads n power. Look at the govt with conflicting statements on arm purchase; at one point, no arm was purchased; at another time, arms purchased were sub-standard and finally, the military came out to clear the air that the arms they are using in fighting Boko haram are not sub-standard. And yet the same Lai Mohammed said the military has "technically defeated" boko haram and none of his gullible followers asked with what weapons? because the govt is yet to procure arms.

This is not about Jonathan or Buhari or APC or PDP but the individual who failed to use his sense of judgement to think critical before accepting anything but out of parochial sentiment and prejudices prefer to be myopic and accept lies and propaganda to glaring facts and truth no matter how obvious. If this is not stupidity, I don't know what is!

APC said Jonathan did nothing for six years but the same APC is going round the country identifying with his works n projects. And yet their gullible followers.
want to remain with the campaign propaganda that Jonathan did nothing; how can such individuals be helped? Let stick to facts and not sentiment; truth is everlasting but a lie only last for awhile.

3 Likes

Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2016
engrkenny:

And he also planned to lose the elections right? Dumbo

He saw the handwriting on the wall. He knew he was going to lose
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Chuksyno(m): 7:11am On Feb 20, 2016
APC = ACUTE POVERTY CONVERTER PDP = PROMOTE DAILY PROGRESS
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by moyin2009: 7:14am On Feb 20, 2016
Our5k:
Jonathan knew Buhari is only capable of ruining things. He was a dictator and still is. But my own problem be say, owing to the steady devaluation of the naira, I don't see Buhari giving me my monthly 5k in the next 8 years cry cry cry
. Are you praying to remain jobless till eight years time from now? God forbid, my brother think of how to better your destiny above their promised 5k that is not real.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2016
babs01:

Jonathan is an intelligent man[b][/b] he knew the economy of the country will worsen due to the way his corrupt cabinets is embezzling the nation's resources thats why he relinquished the power and our fulani brother was happy to be in control. who are people blaming now Jonathan or Buhari?

Intelligent kwa?
Whatever happens to clueless now!?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by noblegrex: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Jonathan remains the best except to ethno religious bigots.
and what exactly made him the best. Just metion 3 reasonable thing that made him the best and let's see if you're not the Ethno Religious Bigot. Small boy.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by noblegrex: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2016
HiddenShadow:
and what exactly made him the best. Just mention 3 reasonable thing that made him the best and let's see if you're not the Ethno Religious Bigot and if you reason with your head at all. Small boy.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by MxFactor: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2016
I keep laughing when I hear people talk about this jonathan. What else would you've expected him to say? When you eat sour moimoi what do u expect.
He wrecked this country, he knew the damage he has caused and could easily predict the hardship nigerian will possibly pass through due to his inept governance. He only prophesy his own failure.

To judge the present you need to look at the recent past -- History 101
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by babs01(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2016
poshestmina:

Finally, you agreed Jonathan was/is an intelligent man?
Not a clueless Otuoke drunk grin
Posterity is still resting, it hasn't started judging you wicked, desperate lots

I laugh
did call anyone wicked? guy respect ursef
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by babs01(m): 9:06am On Feb 20, 2016
mykl01:

Intelligent kwa? Whatever happens to clueless now!?
Clueless? his middle name or what?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by payosehtor(m): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Best for looters, ipob,SE,SS=5% and enemies of nigeria.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by payosehtor(m): 9:14am On Feb 20, 2016
rottennaija:
He didn't have to be a prophet. He knew that the crude price was falling lower and lower. He also knew that nigerians where shortsighted, with short memory and would quickly forget what they have lost or where they could have been if they had not stolen everything stole able.

He also knew that nigerians are like the Israelite that forgot the pains and hardship they passed through in Egypt and wanted to go back there just because of the hardship of crossing wilderness to the promise land and by so doing, they quickly forget what gain whatever they have gotten by being freed from slavery
exactly,that's why wr call the weillers.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by HiddenShadow: 9:23am On Feb 20, 2016
noblegrex:
and what exactly made him the best. Just mention 3 reasonable thing that made him the best and let's see if you're not the Ethno Religious Bigot and if you reason with your head at all. Small boy.

You can ask Amaechi and Fashola what they said about his input.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by truthisbittar12: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2016
nothing he says thats relevant to present situation.
besides govt of lessthan a yr judging it is a clear
MADNESS!!!

JONATHAN no nothing about governing cos during his tenure
nobody can figure out the direction or end goal of where is
his administration achieve. just every day killings,
kidnapping, rituals etc

BUHARI has achieve security 90&,corruption 60&
economy ppl are wailing need time to see the gains
or ortherwise in it.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Baawaa(m): 11:08am On Feb 20, 2016
foriz4u:

tru u said but I'm sure u didn't understand the message, else , u will know how true dos words r fast working now.
Thanks,that you accepted the statement,but what is happening now is consequence of the past administration. So,I understood the message than you.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by orisa37: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2016
That's a Witch Hunt.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by don4real18(m): 11:50am On Feb 20, 2016
paschu:

The fact that you pose that question shows you are clueless. You are asking what GEJ did for Nigeria economy? You must be a felon from Sudan.
I'm clueless if he actually did something... Please tell me what he did #TeamHumble
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by foriz4u(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Baawaa:

Thanks,that you accepted the statement,but what is happening now is consequence of the past administration. So,I understood the message than you.
look @ ur neighbour n say, neighbour? have u blame GEJ today?

keep blaming u hear? as if he was d 1st president since Nigeria had her independence.

lazy ppl always look for whom to put their incompetence and inability on instead of looking for solutions.

so u expected to come me a state free of troubles, challenges n abundant treasuries abi hahaha... u r mistaken my frnd.
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by foriz4u(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
don4real18:

I'm clueless if he actually did something... Please tell me what he did #TeamHumble
google is ur frnd not d police
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Arnoldo(m): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
charliboy654:

Are u sure u are a Nigerian?
Are u sure u knw whats happening? i said there is scarcity of dollar in d parallel market u are asking if i am a nigerian..
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by Arnoldo(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
rottennaija:

Then you do not know the basics of the whole thing. Why don't you ask economists to educate you on this very important issue and how it affects the price of dollars?
Are you kidding? so its the crude oil price that is affecting the naira? are we the only nation depending on returns from oil sales?
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by rottennaija(m): 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
Arnoldo:
Are you kidding? so its the crude oil price that is affecting the naira? are we the only nation depending on returns from oil sales?

Thats why I asked an economist educate u. The country is more important driven than export. Fuel, kerosene, technology, schools, you just can name it and all this are driven in dollars where nothing much to export there making the Naira weak. When the crude high, it was good but now crude is everywhere causing the price to crash and since we depend more on exporting crude than anything else, the Naira suffers.

What the last government did was year was to use the foreign reserve to defend the dollars, each time the Naira falls, they pay for it with the foreign reserve. But the foreign reserve is so low that this present govt cannot subsidise the dollar for nigerians, if they touch the foreign reserve, them Nigeria is as good as dead because it's the foreign reserve that gives the investor the need confidence to come into your country to invest. You can think of it as the capitalisation in the banking industry.

So, the present govt hv to take some bold step, hard decision which affects the dollars and naira. Banning some goods from and if anyone needs such importation, he will have to source for his own dollars to import it, but again, you know nigerians, they will inflate the price and so that is why the dollars is rising, not the official rate but only in the parallel market.

The dollars in the official market is only used by the government to support industries and companies, not for some petty importation or paying of school fees abroad or travel for vacations
Re: Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? by noblegrex: 2:59am On Feb 21, 2016
HiddenShadow:

You can ask Amaechi and Fashola what they said about his input.
you've got no point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Charly Boy Reacts As Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Says "Imo State Is Gone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.