Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

“This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade (39264 Views)

Adebola Williams: Buhari Didn't Give Me The Change I Helped Him Campaign For / Yemi Alade: "How Sarkodie Disgraced Me 3 Times" / Cossy Orjiakor: "I Expected Kemi Olunloyo To Be Locked Up By Her Dad, Obasanjo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by xtervaganza(m): 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:

if you can answer why oil price is falling.
how about countries without oil and their money is stronger than the naira

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by kenoz(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
Btruth:
.....thank you & God bless you. Help tell them more, it seems people don't understand that the world economy is affected and not only Nigeria. What else do you want PMB to do? I tire oooo
excuses upon excuses.
Now it's okay because world economy is crumbling as well.
Smh for some silly peeps.
I feel like dealing 'em some serious slaps! sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by kenoz(m): 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
grin grin
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by lordizak(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
xtervaganza:
how about countries without oil and their money is stronger than the naira
has dollar not overtaken Euro? what more? Azerbaijan and many countries have asked for bailout. I won't comment further. Take it or leave it, I am impressed with PMB's performance. I am just sorry for this unenlightened generation. dollar is the global currency. every economies change rate is not same as b4. pls be informed.
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by CandiceJay(f): 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
This isnt matter of APC or PDP, its matter of leaders nd followers. D economy is crashing, people re affected, especially those at d grass root. These people nd crying nd pleading with their leader "help us out however u can, its why we voted u to lead us". A good leader goes d extra mile in order to ensure comfortability of his followers, dats what Nigerians re crying for. Dis year has not been wat we expected, rise in everything except income bt those at d top still enjoy stable income, not affected by d unstable economy. Is dat leadership Some people are asking "wat more do u want Buhari to do? " Question is "what has he done?"

3 Likes

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Kenneth10110:

pls if u Don't know What to type Go and sleep

Can you shut the Bleep up.....and tell me the rise in dollar effects you........and tell me how do expect change to come with this......

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by iretiland: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
Until now, I didn't realize how illiterate Nigerians are. Every empty head has suddenly become an economist with the knowledge to blame Buhari while exhonerating GEJ from the USD /Naira exchange rate.

Thank God we have PMB in office, else GEJ's handling of this would have been to print more money, thereby turning Nigeria to Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by bfire(m): 10:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
CandiceJay:

Permit me to say, you lack conscience. You call d cries of people "ignorance" and "hatred". Lets say u re amongst those who live above d average and ure not affected by things as it is. Go to a market tomorrow and see how much prices have tripled, making it difficult for d low earned ones to meet up, taking dat incomes re even been reduced despite d rise in cost of living. Yes oda countries av their own issues and, take it or leave it, its citizens re also complaining. Our leaders re put in power for their citizens, to hear their cries and sort a way out for them. Things re beyond bad as it is ryt now in Nigeria nd people av to voice their hardships, its wats expected in democracy. I feel pain wen people come to my Mum's shop to buy something nd they re told how much prices have skyrocketed, leaving them with no option but to settle for little or nothing. People re suffering and in d last few months, it has become worse, the gov should help its citizens, Buhari should rise to d occasion and proffer lasting solutions rather than keeping up with d blame games. #painsinmyheart

You are finding it very hard to comprehend what ignorance means; that's is your bane.

There was no suggestion in what I wrote that says people should not complain.

When you curse, as most of them often do, you are inveriably showing your ignorance of what is going on globaly.

Buhari or any president for that matter, would never wish hardship on his citizenry.

Read to comprehend; show that you grasp the discourse or just give your own opinion.

Your conscience can't be as regenerated as mine. I've seen more than you've ever seen or witness.

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by clemzo101(m): 10:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:

has dollar not overtaken Euro? what more? Azerbaijan and many countries have asked for bailout. I won't comment further. Take it or leave it, I am impressed with PMB's performance. I am just sorry for this unenlightened generation. dollar is the global currency. every economies change rate is not same as b4. pls be informed.
my friend don't be a dickk head, u talk like u are even dat enlightened, but its all poooo u ve bin writing.....name any country in d world as of today with its currency falling with d rate at which d naira is falling? Guy u need yo be schooled. May be wen it gets to 1000 naira to a dollar ur brain will start working...u are just a sentimental bigot

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by bfire(m): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
grandstar:

But does Canada have a rate of 1.45 officially and 2.50 at the black market? That is because the government there allowed the currency to depreciate naturally.

Buhari upon assuming power said he won't devalue the naira that he does not want Nigerians to suffer. Its like saying you don't like 1+1= 2.

There also no empirical prove that devaluation will solve the problem.

It's just a matching valuation of certain figure to a stated figure. It won't increase the reserve. Non essential importers are still going to demand for more dollars even at $1 to N1000.

Nigeria, as it is now, can't sustain the import of everything.

Canada do not use the same economic system as Nigeria. They are used to that type of economic determinant, where the controlling factor is free; per se, demand and supply in common language

What would you do over a time if you want to stop going miles to a friend to borrow a plate to put your food in other to eat?
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by babayinka77(m): 10:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
masterpower:
Madam you people rejected goodluck for badluck buhari, so live with it and suffer for their sins.
Your good luck was indeed a bad luck because he was d one that depleted our foreign reserves and wasted all our resources when the going was good. He never saved for the rainy days! So, PMB isn't a miracle worker too. My friend we have to live with the situation and fasten our belts cos we are now faced with the reality.

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by RexTramadol1: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Abeg wu sabi good ritualist

Abi beta Cele church

Or big C and S church

Or anybody wey dey Gee(work)

I need money, sweet onigi na two for N15

Tax sef dey

People dey lose jobs

Sex don cost for Ketere
No pleasure

In short, Jonathan wey mumu sef.....hin sufferness no reach dis!
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by STUT(m): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
masterpower:
Madam you people rejected goodluck for badluck buhari, so live with it and suffer for their sins.
Bros are u sure u are literate?

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by breakeven: 11:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:
The rate of illiteracy in Nigeria is going high by the day. The rise in dollar is affecting many economies in the world, it's not restricted to naira alone. Many countries however, have devalued their currencies. PMB does not want to do same. He has concrete reasons, you can check the effects of currency devaluation. I just have more reasons to love pmb for his resilience. Wailers wake up everyday wanting to hear bad news, and they just keep getting heartache. God bless Nigeria.
Trash. your knowledge of the world economy is poor. what other devaluation do you expect when the Naira is heading to 500 naira to a dollar. what resillience are you talking about. Did you listen to your hero last media chat. he displayed very high level of ignorance of the economy just like you.

2 Likes

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by schweinsteiger: 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:
The rate of illiteracy in Nigeria is going high by the day. The rise in dollar is affecting many economies in the world, it's not restricted to naira alone. Many countries however, have devalued their currencies. PMB does not want to do same. He has concrete reasons, you can check the effects of currency devaluation. I just have more reasons to love pmb for his resilience. Wailers wake up everyday wanting to hear bad news, and they just keep getting heartache. God bless Nigeria.
I swear,, They should at least watch CNN

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by lokonzo78: 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
What does she know than to make music? You better face what you know doing best than commenting on technical issue like economy bastardized for over six years.

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by InvertedHammer: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
masterpower:
/
Jonathan was not even an option.

APC should have fielded someone young, vibrant and modern but not grandpa Buhari.

That's all.
/
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by STUT(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
emperorchedda:
You didn't vote for change yet you suddenly start expecting change.

Madam yes the naira is highly losing its value but with patience and strong will we will get their

You don't expect a sharp and quick change in less than one year of a fresh government. Is it only a devaluing naira that makes a whole administration a failure??
Don't mind them,,they are ignorant people..enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by lereinter(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:

thank you for your short insight maybe is PMB that say crude price should fall.

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by sniperr007(m): 11:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:

Mention dat countries dat der economy is declining r d ones feeling d crunch. USA have not increased rates so y shud our naira b so weak. Its same rate & infact dey r tryin to stimulate spending so d dolla is early available.

Shameful dat u defend d sharp decline of our naira wen we import everything. Go to d ports & u c d decline in goods imported.

D economy dat was growing at 6% is expected to grow @ 3%. WATS dat called?

Inflation is rising,even bag of pure water has moved frm 80 to 120(Lagos). Where r we heading?
D economy is falling & d president is so concern abt looking at d past Dan d future/present.

2 Likes

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by grandstar(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
bfire:

There also no empirical prove that devaluation will solve the problem.

It's just a matching valuation of certain figure to a stated figure. It won't increase the reserve. Non essential importers are still going to demand for more dollars even at $1 to N1000.

Nigeria, as it is now, can't sustain the import of everything.

Canada do not use the same economic system as Nigeria. They are used to that type of economic determinant, where the controlling factor is free; per se, demand and supply in common language

What would you do over a time if you want to stop going miles to a friend to borrow a plate to put your food in other to eat?
What is "Hot money"? What is keynesian spending? What is an expansionary budget? What effect does an inflationary budget have on a currency? What is a loose monetary policy? How good is your economics?

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:
bro I swell ur sense no dey work at all. Resillience to u is being clueless and very confused, giving very few people power to profit from the sweat of the populace! fine sense grow for ur brain abeg

2 Likes

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by CandiceJay(f): 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
bfire:

You are finding it very hard to comprehend what ignorance means; that's is your bane.

There was no suggestion in what I wrote that says people should not complain.

When you curse, as most of them often do, you are inveriably showing your ignorance of what is going on globaly.

Buhari or any president for that matter, would never wish hardship on his citizenry.

Read to comprehend; show that you grasp the discourse or just give your own opinion.

Your conscience can't be as regenerated as mine. I've seen more than you've ever seen or witness.

Take your own medicine too dear. Take ur time to read and comprehend, it helps. You've not seen as much as you think u'v seen my dear

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by toni68: 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
[left][/left]
lordizak:
ii[b]
lordizak:
ii[/b]
lordizak:
can see you are high on special weed from the villa

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by omotonyx(f): 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
Una never see anytin
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by bfire(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
grandstar:
What is "Hot money"? What is keynesian spending? What is an expansionary budget? What effect does an inflationary budget have on a currency? What is a loose monetary policy? How good is your economics?

My guess is you are still a student who's learning the basics.

I'm in the real world where theory is applied to daily occurrences. The stage you are, I had done almost 30 years ago.

In short, I'm a realist. I practicalize the economic challenges daily; I'm not a learner.
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by Temysteve(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
lordizak:
Confirm!!!
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by CandiceJay(f): 11:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Until now, i didnt realise how dense SOME Nigerians are. categorising people as "illiterates" just becos they do not like how things re done. D "over-sabi, na me sabi" mentality of some individuals will never make them open-minded. As much as you try to claim right, be open to d opinions nd views of others. People saying GEJ didnt leave Nigeria with any money nd this n dat, why cant d present gov rule out unnecessary expenses from d budget of 2016, housing nd d likes for govt dat runs into billions, the uncalled for trips embarked upon by our president(it's called prioritization). Is it frm Buhari's personal pocket dat all those money re flying out from or Nigeria's purse? what has been done towards minimizing the importation of various goods frm outside d country (i do not mean just banning importation of dose goods, i mean wat has been done towards making Nigeria more self industralized cus i know dat will go a long way in stabilizing d value of our currency) I dont claim to know too much but wat i know, i speak. There is so much our president can do to put our economy right (to an extent, help our currency frm falling beyond the way it is).

*Any ITK dat spurs thrash towards my side all in d name of being stupidly wise will get it hot from me. I can be civil bt do not push it"
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by bfire(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
Getting education is not necessarily that you should be a university graduate.

Look around you, get informative sources: Internet, news, international social and economic news. It will greatly enhance your knowledge.

Stop forming local champion. Probably, you are operating in a box and thinks the world revolves around your local knowledge

There's some much to learn out there. Broaden your horizon. Wisdom is not your inheritance. There were people who were wiser than Methusellah.
Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by bennymark(m): 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
cruzita:
everybody was shouting change!!!change!!!.they didn't ask if its negative or positive change.

Illiteracy is a disease, crash in oil prices is consequent upon our current predicament. This is cos Nigeria relies on oil. So it is not a question of political party. Even the almighty Russia is facing same crisis due to decline in oil price.

If you never want to see the good in Buhari, nothing he does will ever please your soul. Wishing Nigeria well and stop complaining, your positive prayer can quench the negativity in the 'Change' mantra

1 Like

Re: “This Is Not The Change I Expected, At All” – Yemi Alade by omohayek: 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
grandstar:

Keep on fighting the good fight! Individuals like you with some understanding of economics are unfortunately few and far in between on Nairaland; it's strange how so many people can be so confident in their assertions about a subject they've never bothered to study ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uriel Oputa Pictured With Mercy Eke In Dubai / Caroline Danjuma's Husband Rubbing Her Feet At A Night Club (photos) / Jay Jay Okocha Pictured With Wizkid (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.