Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo (60317 Views)

Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / Former Presidents, VP's To Get A Car From Buhari In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by chiefolododo(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Obj dey befriend iweala sha
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by homosapien(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Can you tell us how many states apart from Lagos (for obvious reasons) and oil producing states that have been doing better than South East states (apart from APC controlled Imo) in the past year that this breeze of low oil price started blowing?

Oga when your region stop receiving allocation from the federation account, and you experience real growth in all developmental indices then I will answer you questions.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
futureniyi:
I'm not defending the past government but when making your arguments of how we did not save, please consider the cost of funding the war against terrorism.

What a despicable response!

Consider the cost of funding for what war, bokoharam war? NOI is worse than an illiterate in the manner she supervised money set aside to fight the war.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
homosapien:

Oga when your region stop receiving allocation from the federation account, and you experience real growth in all developmental indices then I will answer you questions.

Can you mention any Human development index where the south east is not leading in Nigeria today?
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
seunmsg:

Why did you think Adeosun is not fit to be the finance minister? Did you come to this conclusion as a result of her performance so far in the last three months or you are going with the skewed and bigoted narratives of the wailers from south east who are desperately trying to bring her down due to the failures of NOI?

In terms of the core duties of a finance minister, can you mention one area where she has failed so far since her appointment?

Of all the ministers in the current cabinet, can you mention just one who has so far performed excellently well?

Seriously, I don't understand why some people have continued to repeat this narrative that Kemi is not doing well, she only came on board three months ago and the first budget that she will implement is still before the National assembly for consideration. Why all these unnecessary criticism?

Really, with this shameful budget that's riddled with holes even after it was stolen, smuggled and returned a couple of times. There is nothing tribalistic about saying what's obvious, the driving seat of the country's economy in this desperate times is not for interns.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by obailala(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

This is a very solid point that no one can dispute. Likewise no one will dispute the fact NOI is the best brain, of any male or female, ever produced from SE to serve the nation.

Obj has clearly articulated a defining piece and the OP, as well the rest of you SEasterners, agree in your remarks and reinforced inputs with the general Yoruba summation that people of South East are ineffectual in positions of authority and leadership command, from the best of them to the worst of them.

Left unsupervised, their humanity soon dissapear and their basic instincts take over and produce chaos and ruin that start with them then spread out and consume everyone. A SE must be supervised by a non-SE to bring the best and their humanity to surface.

NOI is a poster child for both a best brain out of SE and a call for SEasterners' need for supervision.
Some human minds are just too shallow that they are only capable of seeing things from the ethnic/tribal/religious perspective. It's a shame, grow up man!
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Can you mention any Human development index where the south east is not leading in Nigeria today?

Security, since you said just one.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

This is a very solid point that no one can dispute. Likewise no one will dispute the fact NOI is the best brain, of any male or female, ever produced from SE to serve the nation.

Obj has clearly articulated a defining piece and the OP, as well the rest of you SEasterners, agree in your remarks and reinforced inputs with the general Yoruba summation that people of South East are ineffectual in positions of authority and leadership command, from the best of them to the worst of them.

Left unsupervised, their humanity soon dissapear and their basic instincts take over and produce chaos and ruin that start with them then spread out and consume everyone. A SE must be supervised by a non-SE to bring the best and their humanity to surface.

NOI is a poster child for both a best brain out of SE and a call for SEasterners' need for supervision.

Mayor of Lagos has endorsed this message.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
obailala:
Some human minds are just too shallow that they are only capable of seeing things from the ethnic/tribal/religious perspective. It's a shame, grow up man!

You are lucky he got here before my ban had expired and say this in a diplomatic tone. I wouldn't have been this nice speaking this truth, and they will just have to ban me again for coming down too harsh on yanmiri and i wouldnt give a dayam!
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
engrkenny:

Really, with this shameful budget that's riddled with holes even after it was stolen, smuggled and returned a couple of times. There is nothing tribalistic about saying what's obvious, the driving seat of the country's economy in this desperate times is not for interns.

The budget office of the federation under the supervision of ministry of budget and national planning is responsible for budget preparation. Try understand how the system works before apportioning blame.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
seunmsg:

Formulating the national budget is the duty of the budget office but once it becomes an appropriation act, it is the duty of the finance ministry to source for the needed funds and release the funds to MDA'S based on the budget. The finance minister signs the warrant and orders the Accountant General to do the cash backing and not the budget office. So far so good, I don't think she has failed in doing the above.

Secondly, agreed it is the duty of the finance minister to come up with fiscal policies for the country, but again, what exactly is fiscal policy? Fiscal policy is the policy that guides the administration of taxes and revenue generation in the country. Simply put, fiscal policies are geared towards raising the needed funds to carry out government projects and also as a tool for correcting social imbalance. So far so good, she has done well in this area. For the first time in Nigeria, a budget of N6trillion was proposed in a period of serious shortage in oil revenue. We have a proposal whereby taxes and internally generated revenue will fund over 50% of the budget. If that is not a success in fiscal policy formulation, I don't know what it is. You may argue that the budget is yet to be implemented, but the fact is, she has set a big target for herself. Why not let's give her a chance to implement this budget before we crucify her.

Bringing in the tribal narrative is inevitable. The narrative from her haters is that the south west is trying to create their own NOI so therefore, the wailers from the south east must bring her down at all cost even when she's done nothing wrong.

Finally, I will ask you again, name just one of the current ministers that has performed wonderfully well in the past three months of their inauguration?

Who is this cat? Boy you are badt! cool
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
seunmsg:

The budget office of the federation under the supervision of ministry of budget and national planning is responsible for budget preparation. Try understand how the system works before apportioning blame.

I was reading page by page but couldnt comment due to ban, or so i thought, but ive been on a leash like a furious dog straining to leap for an assault.

You have explained this too many times already. Rest! Let me see the next yanmiri that is still suffering from the incomprehension that Adeosun is not responsible for budget.

Bloody freaks! angry

1 Like

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by obailala(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2016
MayorofLagos:

You are lucky he got here before my ban had expired and say this in a diplomatic tone. I wouldn't have been this nice speaking this truth, and they will just have to ban me again for coming down too harsh on yanmiri and i wouldnt give a dayam!
Grow up guys.. Just grow up.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Security, since you said just one.

Any data to back up your claim?
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
obailala:
Grow up guys.. Just grow up.

That message is for your brethren. They need plenty of growing up to do.

1 - stop ego trip
2 - stop comparing your incompetense in government and society with Yoruba 's solid track record as excellent policy makers and outstanding performers in leadership.
3 - we are not peers, Yoruba lead others follow.
4 - Yoruba pioneered urbanism and civilization in Nigeria and are still trailblazers in every aspect of society.
5. - even if you produce a 16yr old Chukwudi with Oxford degree, it's no cause for noise. Yoruba has had an Ayo, Funmi or Kehinde did the same at age 14 and no one heard cause we didnt make noise.
6 - Nigerians are tired of your noise and hollow chest beating, keep your noise in East.
7 - insecurity in SE does not translate to insecurity in West, stop looking for corresponding event, we are ahead of you in civilization and have a Custom that balances wrongdoing and punishes crime so insecurity is not issue.
8 - Eze is a foreign term in Yorubaland, grow up and respect your traditional monarchs and not bring disrepute to their titles and office.
9 - an achievement in East is just that, for East,. It is not transferable so dont bother us with your achievement being the groundwork for redemption. You cant redeem your Biafra, 50yrs in the making, you cant redeem second niger bridge and 40+ years and still counting, what gives you idea you can redeem Yoruba or Hausa?
10 - stop clowning, Nigeria is a serious business, treat it with the level of political seriousness it demands. No issue of ineffective and dud ultimatum and threats you have no purpose to fulfill.

Si take these growup advice and share with your brothers, they will need it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Any data to back up your claim?

Go into DSS reports and Ministry of Interior website andsee for yourself now.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Go into DSS reports and Ministry of Interior website andsee for yourself now.

Here you are - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/147105-south-west-nigerias-kidnap-capital-report.html
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by 1Hafter: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Here you are - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/147105-south-west-nigerias-kidnap-capital-report.html

Ukumgum, The man that pose with cheap and fake red label. lmaooo
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Here you go.

South West is Nigeria’s kidnap capital- Report
October 23, 2013 [size=16pt]Nicholas Ibekwe[/size]

What else doyou expect Ibekwe to say, that his village is the kidnap capital of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by onoja12: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2016
did you read at all, Ngozi only works under a strong leader, but when put under a wick leader like GEJ he is destruction

Brilliance9000:
Ngozi is no fool...she knows whom to serve with. Obasanjo, Jonathan...yes. Buhari...No...he still a dictator, won't listen to advice!
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MayorofLagos(m): 12:31am On Feb 21, 2016
onoja12:
did you read at all, Ngozi only works under a strong leader, but when put under a wick leader like GEJ he is destruction

You didnt capture it correctly.

Read what OPC said about how to transform Ibo from an animal with base instincts by putting him to serve under civilized Yorubas that will groom and blossom the hidden ideals buried deep in him. grin
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by BushidoBlue(m): 2:06am On Feb 21, 2016
I WANTED YOU TO SHUT UP!!!!
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by DeadWrong: 6:53am On Feb 21, 2016
semitunde:
OK so, granted a lot of people here are salary earners and hustlers with little idea of how to run organizations and companies.

Some here have consistently, ignorantly argued that Kemi adeosun the finance minister, is responsible for everything from the budget brouhaha to the falling naira in her 3months in office. This is unfortunate and a poor reflection of the intelligence and quest for knowledge, of such people.

I'll try to make this simple:

I have been on a project that was grossly undervalued. Apparently the QS office of a Lagos State ministry didn't wait for the structural drawings of the said project and simply used the architectural drawing in drawing their BOQ.

The project was a fixed one and hence not subject to additional cost. We as contractors then had to itemise the areas of increased scope/costs and tabled our grievances with the commissioner. He promptly called an all stakeholders' meeting that included the QS office, Structural consultants and Architecture office.

The ministry's finance office was never called simply because there was little or no link with it. It was later settled with the Q.S office doing a value engineering work on the BOQ. Some officers in the BOQ office were also queried.

The Bill of Quantities(BOQ) coming from a Quantity Surveying (QS) office is akin to the budget of a country coming from the budget office, which again ( as if for emphasis) is under the ministry of Budget and Planning!

As for the falling naira, it has externally influenced factors like the fall in oil prices and the fact that Iran has started selling again. The economics of how we deal with it is now more in the hands of the CBN governor ( under the influence of the president and somewhat inputs of the ministry of finance; and probably all other ministries).

Unfortunately, Ngozi Iweala, who was a coordinating minister of the economy ( almost the powers of the president); at a time when we were having an oil boom couldn't do the simplest economics- save for the rainy day! The new ministers and govt are still trying to get out of the shithole she and the previous govt got us into.

If NOI was that good and upright;

Why was she transfered to ministry of external affairs from finance under obasanjo?

Why was she angling for the MD position of World Bank while still the finance minister of a whole country ( talk less of the economic coordinator)? She found no joy in her work? She realised the niaja ship she was sailing was sinking and wanted to elope?

Pls, enough about NOI and the current ministry of finance hate. We were all alive and knew what went on before now. Nigeria is actually getting better.
Love you bro (no homo). A lots of these yeeboes are very dumb and myopic.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by yudee233: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2016
To be candid this would have been a good combination. Buhari area of weakness is Economics, unfortunately his VP was chosen not to compliment his weakness but to appeal to the southern Christian. But the truth remains that OBJ had other ulterior motive.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by cheruv: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
Igbo women; strong principle and high acumen. A trait identified by even white slave owners way back 400 years ago. Wow.

Hahahaha
So you're happy that despite the fact that our people were known to be highly suicidal, the slavers still came back requesting for "heebo slaves" cheesy

Anyway I'd say we're wasting our time being in this country... undecided
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by 989900: 8:38am On Feb 21, 2016
Who cares what you want, old man?

It's always about some underlying self-interest for you anyways.

https://www.nairaland.com/2588787/okonjo-iweala-failure-henry-boyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu & A Prison Warder In Court Today / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.