Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,266 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (82972 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / 2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Gtbank Recruitment 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
mazgidi:
Compulsory IELTS is the hindrance. please who knows if applications without IELTS would be considered
i think we should ask how to get IELTS done...pls help
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by bfbellexce: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
hi fellows pls I just registered but yet to fully fill d required. pls wat am I expected of in the cover letter and questionnaire sections. any major difficulties or setbacks from ur experience pls share. tanx
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2016
chayomastic:
i think we should ask how to get IELTS done...pls help
Visit ielts.britishcouncil.org, hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2016
mazgidi:
Compulsory IELTS is the hindrance. please who knows if applications without IELTS would be considered

I'm yet to complete my application, however I intend to select ''Not Specified" for IELTS score.

I can Start Preparing and I think IELTS shouldn't be a hindrance at this stage considering that you can register and write the exam within a month or two.

Have you tried submitting your application with the ''Not Specified" option Selected?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Please what's the implication of stating you're applying for other scholarship opportunities?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by chukzy4u(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
have u submitted?
I keep getting this response even after filling all section,
"You cannot submit your application; first complete questionnaire NLNG PG Scholarship Questionnaire"

What do i do?

spicyuzo:

I'm yet to complete my application, however I intend to select ''Not Specified" for IELTS score.

I can Start Preparing and I think IELTS shouldn't be a hindrance at this stage considering that you can register and write the exam within a month or two.

Have you tried submitting your application with the ''Not Specified" option Selected?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Not yet bro, I haven't submitted.

Double check on each field on the questionnaire to make sure you entered the required information. I am yet to complete my own application so I have not experienced this issue. I sincerely hope its not caused by the IELTS requirement. Did you enter an IELTS score?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by chukzy4u(m): 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
No, i selected not specified
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Collineno: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
The link is not opening for me ooo what link are u guys using to apply??
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by aibaybay(f): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi Nairalanders. I truly appreciate this thread, i have been trying to register froma pc for almost 2weeks and im yet to see the form. its great to kno that other have been able to register. pls will anyone who has registered post the exact link to the form. Pls this is my chance, pls help. hank you Sirs.

ps ielts is compulsory, its almost 70 thous to take depending on the one you are going for. For more information, try to visit the British Council in either Lagos or Abuja or their website.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
aibaybay:
Hi Nairalanders. I truly appreciate this thread, i have been trying to register froma pc for almost 2weeks and im yet to see the form. its great to kno that other have been able to register. pls will anyone who has registered post the exact link to the form. Pls this is my chance, pls help. hank you Sirs.

ps ielts is compulsory, its almost 70 thous to take depending on the one you are going for. For more information, try to visit the British Council in either Lagos or Abuja or their website.

Hello, sorry for the difficulties you have experienced so far, Please send me a pm, I'll mail you a direct link to the form. Expecting your Pm.

On the IELTS issue, what is the recommended average period of time to prepare for the IELTS exam?

Secondly, Does anyone have an idea of the deadline date for this NLNG scholarship application?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by aibaybay(f): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
hello IELTS is quite technical to put it mildly but I believe there's no challenge which cannot be overcome when the Grace of God is speaking for you. it has 4 sections Listening, Speaking, Reading and writing an essay. from an overview class i attended, you will have to do away with so many speaking mannerisms which seem commonplace to Nigerians and Africans in general for instance when i ask what is your name? you don't reply with my name is..., instead you answer directly....Mr. Batuchi, etc and you must not forget titles e.g Miss, Mr. before the name. There were so many things the man showed us in the in class and the funniest part was that in 2 hrs, we were only able to do overviews for 2 sections out of the the four. talk about re-learning your mother tongue!!

Basically, i feel the time you need to learn what you will be taught depends on
a. how fast of a learner you are
b. the time you have on your hands e.g if you have a job and other commitments which take up your time
c. how much free time do you have to dedicate to practicing on your own apart from your tutor schedule

with all these factors taken into consideration, you can set aside a month. When you feel sufficiently prepared, you register for the exam and choose a date that is close to when you will be free to take the exam so what you learnt will still be fresh in your mind. You may not see a lot of people to practice with except those in your class are also keen on group study.

the deadline is June 19th, so there's some time to get good with the practice before taking the test

what is a pm? and how do i do send it?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Spicyuzo pls send me d direct link to the form to 08082364017 or ochuko.orakpoghenor@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
orakpo02:
Spicyuzo pls send me d direct link to the form to 08082364017 or ochuko.orakpoghenor@gmail.com
Done. Goodluck
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
aibaybay:
hello IELTS is quite technical to put it mildly but I believe there's no challenge which cannot be overcome when the Grace of God is speaking for you. it has 4 sections Listening, Speaking, Reading and writing an essay. from an overview class i attended, you will have to do away with so many speaking mannerisms which seem commonplace to Nigerians and Africans in general for instance when i ask what is your name? you don't reply with my name is..., instead you answer directly....Mr. Batuchi, etc and you must not forget titles e.g Miss, Mr. before the name. There were so many things the man showed us in the in class and the funniest part was that in 2 hrs, we were only able to do overviews for 2 sections out of the the four. talk about re-learning your mother tongue!!

Basically, i feel the time you need to learn what you will be taught depends on
a. how fast of a learner you are
b. the time you have on your hands e.g if you have a job and other commitments which take up your time
c. how much free time do you have to dedicate to practicing on your own apart from your tutor schedule

with all these factors taken into consideration, you can set aside a month. When you feel sufficiently prepared, you register for the exam and choose a date that is close to when you will be free to take the exam so what you learnt will still be fresh in your mind. You may not see a lot of people to practice with except those in your class are also keen on group study.

the deadline is June 19th, so there's some time to get good with the practice before taking the test

what is a pm? and how do i do send it?

Thanks alot for giving so much details, I'll work towards preparing to meet the June deadline, So i guess this is the end of the road for me with this scholarship as I am sure the Application time-frame must have elapsed by June.

I visited the british council nigeria website and I discovered that for previous applicants of this scholarship, IELTS test score was required for shortlisted candidates, which implies that IELTS probably wasn't mandatory until candidates have been shortlisted. In anycase, seems this trend has changed.

Goodluck To all applicants.

And Yes that was a PM you sent. Glad I was the first to receive one from you.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
i would also appreciate a direct link to the form . thanks
spicyuzo:

Done. Goodluck
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by smileysmiley(f): 5:56am On Mar 05, 2016
spicyuzo:

Done. Goodluck
... thanks
thanks a lot, I just received it
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by smileysmiley(f): 6:08am On Mar 05, 2016
spicyuzo:

Done. Goodluck
I keep getting an error message "500 sap internal server error"... any idea why?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2016
smileysmiley:
I keep getting an error message "500 sap internal server error"... any idea why?
None that i can think of. Maybe you should try using a different browser, do you get the message while trying to login or while registering?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by smileysmiley(f): 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
spicyuzo:

None that i can think of. Maybe you should try using a different browser, do you get the message while trying to login or while registering?
I've used three different browsers, I get it whenever I try to register
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 05, 2016
spicyuzo:

Thanks alot for giving so much details, I'll work towards preparing to meet the June deadline, So i guess this is the end of the road for me with this scholarship as I am sure the Application time-frame must have elapsed by June.

I visited the british council nigeria website and I discovered that for previous applicants of this scholarship, IELTS test score was required for shortlisted candidates, which implies that IELTS probably wasn't mandatory until candidates have been shortlisted. In anycase, seems this trend has changed.

Goodluck To all applicants.

And Yes that was a PM you sent. Glad I was the first to receive one from you.

then it was managed by British Council. NOT NOW. I want to ask for info on IELTS registration procedure and fee. Pls someone be kind to let me know.plssssss
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by bfbellexce: 8:55am On Mar 05, 2016
i suggest u use chrome. its been workin wel for me.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
5555K:

then it was managed by British Council. NOT NOW. I want to ask for info on IELTS registration procedure and fee. Pls someone be kind to let me know.plssssss

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts

Look up the link. Hope it helps.

Fee is around 52k excluding bann charges
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by spicyuzo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
smileysmiley:
I've used three different browsers, I get it whenever I try to register

Are you using a phone?

If its a PC hope your connection is reliable. Had the issue the first time I tried. But it disappeared after a while and until now everything is fine.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by smileysmiley(f): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
spicyuzo:

Are you using a phone?

If its a PC hope your connection is reliable. Had the issue the first time I tried. But it disappeared after a while and until now everything is fine.
Its a phone, I'll try a PC... thanks alot
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by jeffoe(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
In situation where one already has a pteacademics text score can't it be used Instead of ielt since they are both language test score
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Stevostical(m): 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
And finally am here, please what are the compulsory documents needed to be uploaded?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by jeffoe(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
jeffoe:
In situation where one already has a pteacademics text score can't it be used Instead of ielt since they are both language test score
any info on this
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Collineno: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
Please someone should kindly send me the link to the application form. I can only open the first page but once I click on apply I keep getting errors upon errors since last month. Please help
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by saxoholic1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
for IELTS or Toefl training and materials..,..contact Mr ThankGod...,08176422750 or 08034697789
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by tvreporter: 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
I just stumbled upon this scholarship Application which is currently ongoing for the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship 2016 Award and all eligible applicants can now send their application using the procedure i will be showing to us on this article.
This scheme was actually launched in October 2012 as it where and it is being managed by the British Council. When this same was conducted some few years back, the first 10 persons who where the beneficiaries and second 13 beneficiaries left to the United Kingdom for their studies in 2013 and 2014 respectively as i have said earlier on.

From our source onground the scholarship happens to be valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, but it depends on the course, and is tenable for programmes in top academic institutions in the UK. Courses covered by this scheme include Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
To apply, click >>> NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship 2016 Award

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Keystone Bank Test Score / How To Join The SSS, Customs / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.