Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (82997 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / 2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Gtbank Recruitment 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by dsouled: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
Meemee247:
Based on the email they sent after successfully submitting the application, I believe only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. I'm not sure a list will be released for all to see like that of PTDF. I wish they had told us the date or number of weeks it would take to make a decision.. Waiting is no fun. We're all growing impatient.

I totally agree with you, I think only those shortlisted will be contacted, this was the same thing that happened last year too, someone had to send a mail and this was their response

Thank you for your email.
Shortlisting is still ongoing at the moment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted either by a telephone call, text message or email.
If you do not receive any of this, it means you were unsuccessful on this occasion.
We do not publish the names of shortlisted candidates during the selection exercise until we have selected the final scholarship recipients.

Regards,

Eno George | Customer Services (Comments & Complaints) | British Council | Lagos, Nigeria

Lagos T 234-1- 4603090-99 | Mon-Thur 8:00am-3:30pm, Fri 8:00am-12:00pm

Abuja M +234 806 9005871, +2348128228152 Mon-Thur 8:30am-4:00pm, Fri 8:30am-1:00pm

P/Harcourt T 084 237173 | Mon-Thur 8:30am-4:00pm, Fri 8:30am-1:00pm

W www.britishcouncil.org.ng

Follow us: Twitter | Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/studyintheukhttp://www.youtube.com/britishcouncilng

But this, I guess was when it was handled by the British Council, maybe things might be different this time around. I suggest putting a call through or sending a mail will aid this situation.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
In THEORY, being patient is as easy as it sounds, but in PRACTICE, it isn't. Ah! It takes courage to wait.

3 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by daawah: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hello, anyone shortlisted here? I have been checking my mail daily but nothing is appearing. We need to know whether somebody here is shortlisted, so that you may give up.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
daawah:
Hello, anyone shortlisted here? I have been checking my mail daily but nothing is appearing. We need to know whether somebody here is shortlisted, so that you may give up.
I know right. I keep wondering if the process has been completed. There's hardly much time left before the school sessions start. As much as I'd like to be selected, something tells me they've already made their selection and started the visa acquisition process. Is there a number or email to call and make enquiries? It would be nice to know where we stand..
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2016
Meemee247:
I know right. I keep wondering if the process has been completed. There's hardly much time left before the school sessions start. As much as I'd like to be selected, something tells me they've already made their selection and started the visa acquisition process. Is there a number or email to call and make enquiries? It would be nice to know where we stand..

Well I called British council Port Harcourt +234 844653777 though they said they are still working with NLNG on the aspect of screening but didn't work with them on registration....
They said NLNG would contact soon that due to the volume of applicants that vetting would take sometime, you could also call them on monday too to get further clarification. If we can get a number to contact NLNG on it would better cause we would hear directly from them.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by culturalrebel: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
I think I have to give up on this scholarship thing, as the school that accepted me gave me deadline of July 28th to accept their offer and pay a £1,000 deposit. When I don't even know if I'm going to be called up for interview or not, not to talk of when we will finally hear who will be given the grant. This radio silence must end so people can know what their next move will be.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Stevostical(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
culturalrebel:
I think I have to give up on this scholarship thing, as the school that accepted me gave me deadline of July 28th to accept their offer and pay a £1,000 deposit. When I don't even know if I'm going to be called up for interview or not, not to talk of when we will finally hear who will be given the grant. This radio silence must end so people can know what their next move will be.
Whichever school that is my advice is, mail them to inform them you are keen on accepting their offer but you are currently expecting a scholarship and because of the dollar/naira ish you can't pay up for the acceptance fee, then politely ask for an extension of the acceptance. My humble opinion, (shey na when all the school for UK dey beg person for admission as their Nigerian customers don dey run away, I bet they will gladly extend it for you)

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Jefa4real: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
NLNG has selected. Applicants status is being displayed on each applicant's portal.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by greatcity: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Jefa4real:
NLNG has selected. Applicants status is being displayed on each applicant's portal.
pls what do you mean by each applicant's portal. i mean where can i find ''applicant's portal''
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2016
Jefa4real:
I believe you're talking about the portal we used to register. I can't seem to find the link to it on their website.. Under CSR --> Scholarships, all I see is "quick links". Please share the right steps to check. Thanks a lot.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by dsouled: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Jefa4real:
please do well to quote the link of the portal on this platform
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by dsouled: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2016
Go to Careers on their website and log in to Job portal using your username and password at time of registration, check your application to find out if you were selected or not.
All the Best
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2016
dsouled:
Go to Careers on their website and log in to Job portal using your username and password at time of registration, check your application to find out if you were selected or not.
All the Best
Thanks a lot, just checked mine.. Under application status, it says 'in progress'. I guess that's the polite way of saying 'you weren't selected'. Goodluck everyone.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by strictlynaija: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2016
I've been trying to log in since yesterday; it's been displaying this sh** 'Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts'.

I've also requested for new password for like 3 times but it's still the same thing.

What do I do guys
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by sarahade(f): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
strictlynaija:
I've been trying to log in since yesterday; it's been displaying this sh** 'Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts'.

I've also requested for new password for like 3 times but it's still the same thing.

What do I do guys
Same thing happening to me o
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by culturalrebel: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
I saved my password and username and it still wouldn't let me log in. Now I've been locked out of my account.

If their servers can't handle a lot of people trying to see their results, can't they just send e-mails instead?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by strictlynaija: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
sarahade:

Same thing happening to me o

Is there way to contact them
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by johnbimbo12(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
strictlynaija:

Is there way to contact them
Same thing happened to me too. " Password logon no longer possible."

I filled the contact form on their website to report the issue. I'd advice we all do same so they'll probably fix it faster.

Yet to get any reply anyway.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by vladimirputin: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Try a different browser. It works with google chrome.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by greatcity: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
Guys please how do i log in. i requested password, got it on mail and inputted it, yet it shows incorrect password. please what do i do?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Ability247(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Chai. Naija! We don suppose big pass all these nonsense nah undecided Is it that they don't have the financial muscle for bigger or better servers? Must everything be designed to be stressful and 'managed'?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Ability247(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
My school has been calling like I'm a new prize boyfriend: they want to know if this, they hope I know my course starts on that, am I ready for this, my CAS/VISA that... I don tire. I wish NLNG would just clear the air like ptdf. Or are they scared?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 12:39am On Jul 29, 2016
greatcity:
Guys please how do i log in. i requested password, got it on mail and inputted it, yet it shows incorrect password. please what do i do?
The fields are case sensitive. When I had a similar problem, I alternated to upper case for the username and it worked. Try and remember what you used for the username. Hopefully that would resolve the problem for you.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 12:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Ability247:
My school has been calling like I'm a new prize boyfriend: they want to know if this, they hope I know my course starts on that, am I ready for this, my CAS/VISA that... I don tire. I wish NLNG would just clear the air like ptdf. Or are they scared?
Some people saw "Not Selected" under the application status. A lot of people actually. I'm yet to hear/see anyone who has actually been selected but at least we can be sure the wait is over. Let's give it a few more days and hopefully, we'll all know where we stand.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2016
If you don't see this, there's still hope.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by sarahade(f): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2016
I got a mail from nlng yesterday.

Dear xxxxx,
Thank you for your enquiry.
We have not communicated to applicants to check their status of their application online. Please disregard any communication like that. We shall communicate to you on the success of your application in due time.

Warm Regards,
Admin
External Relations
Nigeria LNG Limited

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by culturalrebel: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2016
And those of us who can't log in when the time comes to check, nko?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by greatcity: 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please i get "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts" when i try to log in. what do i do please?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 12:00am On Jul 30, 2016
greatcity:
Please i get "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts" when i try to log in. what do i do please?
Try using a different browser or request a new password. If this doesn't work, I'd advice you don't panic. According to the email @sarahade received, they're going to send out an email or some form of notification to candidates.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by daawah: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2016
That application status bar has been there for long, I dnt think the status would be changed to 'Selected' till the final nomination.
Thats my thought!
Though mine is also 'not selected', I hope everyones also is like that, so we can continue to await their comunication.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
culturalrebel:
And those of us who can't log in when the time comes to check, nko?
You won't be expected to check anything, an email will be sent to you if successful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Keystone Bank Test Score / How To Join The SSS, Customs / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.