Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68337 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
City new boy Tevez slams Ferguson

New Manchester City signing Carlos Tevez has fired a parting shot at Sir Alex Ferguson, accusing the Manchester United manager of not communicating with him.

The Argentine completed his move to City for £25 million on a five-year deal after undergoing a medical on Tuesday morning, having left United at the end of last season.

During his presentation at the City of Manchester Stadium, Tevez denied Ferguson's claim that he had ignored two text messages relating to the offer of a new contract by United, and said the manager only spoke to him once in two years at Old Trafford.

Tevez said: "I was there for two years, and Sir Alex never called me or sent a text message.

"The only time he talked was after the match against Roma (in 2007/08) because we needed to talk about me playing for Argentina, and I don't think this is the way to treat a player who is at the club for two years.

"There was no line of communication."

Tevez also denied the suggestion, mooted by Ferguson, that a deal was done with City in January.

The 25-year-old said he had moved to Eastlands because he wanted to work in a more supportive atmosphere, and had not been motivated by money.

He said: "I want a club and a manager that wants me, and a good environment around me. Money was not a factor."
Tevez added that "a part of my heart" would always belong to the United fans who campaigned vocally for him to stay at Old Trafford throughout last season.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14072009/58/premier-league-city-new-boy-tevez-slams-ferguson.html

Does that sound like a reason that makes any sense As much as we gbadun u reash, tevez u Bleep up! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tevez let United fans down

I am a big fan of Carlos Tevez and I was disappointed to see him go to Manchester City.

If he'd gone to a club of equal or bigger stature to Manchester United, it would have been understandable, particularly in light of United's reluctance to offer him a permanent contract.

He had the opportunity to sign for Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter Milan or even Real Madrid, and he would have been competing for silverware straight away at those clubs.

But when he says he is going to City to win things, it just doesn't add up. However ambitious the club's owners, it is fanciful to suggest they could compete for the Premier League this season.

Sir Alex Ferguson's suspicions that a deal was done with City in the winter will increase the feeling among United fans that they have been let down by somebody they adored.

They gave Tevez an incredible amount of support, and insisted that the club made an effort to keep him.

But he turned United down to go to their near neighbours, and you can only conclude that money was his motivation.

Throw in the possibility that he knew as early as January that he was off to City, and he may get a hot reception when he returns to Old Trafford.

Of course Tevez's agent Kia Joorbachian, who basically owned him, had an interest in him taking the most lucrative deal - but in the end it is the player that signs the contract and neither of them would have gone hungry had he taken any of the other offers
. . . . . . . . . http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/paul-parker/article/10624/
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
Oh shut up! Who let who down? What utter crap! Why should you keep a world class player like tevez on the bench. You heard it, SAF only talked to him when it suited him. So selfish and unfeeling. Inter never wanted him, 'pool cant even pay their stewards let alone el apache, Real madrid? Thats a laff. We (chelsea) wanted him, but he wanted city, where he was sure of a shirt. Where he knew the manager loved him. Now he's going to teach you ungrateful scummers one or two.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by DrKitaun(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
LMAO ! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tevez added that "a part of my heart" would always belong to the United fans who campaigned vocally for him to stay at Old Trafford throughout last season.
just like some part of his heart goes to the hammers? how much of his heart is left for the city people?
when he leaves city, some portion will be left for City fans too

i think hes daft!

he chose city cos of money
simple. ill do same
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by eldee(m): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

just like some part of his heart goes to the hammers? how much of his heart is left for the city people?
when he leaves city, some portion will be left for City fans too

i think hes daft!

he chose city cos of money
simple. ill do same
Yeah right . . . he begged you guys to give him a contract
He was satisfied with coming from the bench for that 30mil piece-of-shit

He really loved you guys and he always gave his 100% everytime he wore the red shirt.
I'm not quite sure but wasn't he the guy that wore a Man Utd jersey to a Boca Juniors press conference??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
Yeah right . . . he begged you guys to give him a contract
He was satisfied with coming from the bench for that 30mil piece-of-shit

He really loved you guys and he always gave his 100% everytime he wore the red shirt.
I'm not quite sure but wasn't he the guy that wore a Man Utd jersey to a Boca Juniur press conference??
yeah right!
he did that cos we took him away from West Ham!!
he shld and will always be grateful to UNITED

He will always go to where the stakes are high
end of story!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by eldee(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

yeah right!
he did that cos we took him away from West Ham!!
he shld and will always be grateful to UNITED

He will always go to where the stakes are high
end of story!!!
Typical scummer talk . . .
You expect him to sit there and beg when Man City's trying to be poor man's Real Madrid??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
Typical scummer talk . . .
You expect him to sit there and beg when Man City's trying to be poor man's Real Madrid??
so where is his heart?

the last time i checked, he turned down UTDs bid to sign him at the last minute.
where lies his heart? hes a PRO and will always play for money
They dont have any allegiance to any club
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by eldee(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

so where is his heart?

the last time i checked, he turned down UTDs bid to sign him at the last minute.
where lies his heart? hes a PRO and will always play for money
They dont have any allegiance to any club

He spent two months asking for a contract . . . you guys were silent
City and Chelsea came knocking offering more playing time and double money and then you guys came.
It's obvious you guys only really wanted him after losing Ronaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
Sauron
just heared on CNN how sports people/ football players are running scared of playing in England cos of tax.
Lance Armstrong even spoke on how he chose to live in Switzerland cos of this.

The UK govt are however not ready to relax the rules cos of any shortfalls in the sporting community
Tough times ahead for EPL clubs i guess

i think we shld start buying the Ashley Youngs and the home grown talents if things get too tight

eldee:

He spent two months asking for a contract . . . you guys were silent
City and Chelsea came knocking offering more playing time and double money and then you guys came.
It's obvious you guys only really wanted him after losing Ronaldo

excuse me
he had Chelsea as an Option, why didnt he go to Chelsea if it was purely based on footie
wht will City guarantee apart from money?

I think his agent does the thinking and prepares his speech
hes a dumbo in its simplest form
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by eldee(m): 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

excuse me
he had Chelsea as an Option, why didnt he go to Chelsea if it was purely based on footie
wht will City guarantee apart from money?

I think his agent does the thinking and prepares his speech
hes a dumbo in its simplest form
Chelsea was never really serious . . . they've got Drog-Anelka
And it's obvious that he had better chances of getting playing time at City.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
Chelsea was never really serious . . . they've got Drog-Anelka
And it's obvious that he had better chances of getting playing time at City.
we wish him well

we have Owen so no probs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by eldee(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

we wish him well

we have Owen so no probs

Funniest joke of the year grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
Funniest joke of the year

how is it a joke?
Owen scored more than Tevez last season playing for Newcastle
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tevez to City?
MU beware of your archilles heels.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tevez to City?
MU beware of your archilles heels
archilles heels ko, tendon joint ni grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by allboyz(m): 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

archilles heels ko, tendon joint ni grin

LMAO grin

BlueDiva:

Tevez to City?
MU beware of your archilles heels.

S'up BD? longest time! wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Allboyz,

I'm good.
Thank God for off season.
Time for me to concentrate on relevant stuff.

SAF was a fool to let Tevez go.
I can bet my car, Tevez will be his nemesis during the Manchester derbies.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

we wish him well

we have Owen so no probs
Seriously am not ecstatic about Owen but we shall see . . . . . . . . .  Well now that Benzema is gone who else is there for us to buy?
We need a striker!! 'cant rely fully on Owen.
I hate Real Madrid right now angry. . . . . . . . buying every good thing off the market!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
Alex has wrapped up for the season.
He ain't buying nobody.
BTW, buying all the stars ain't gonna make Madrid the best in the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
BlueDiva:

Alex has wrapped up for the season.
He ain't buying nobody.
BTW, buying all the stars ain't gonna make Madrid the best in the world.
I know. How are you? been sometime
But they bought the ones we needed!! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
tubabie:

Seriously am not ecstatic about Owen but we shall see . . . . . . . . .  Well now that Benzema is gone who else is there for us to buy?
I hate Real Madrid right now angry. . . . . . . . buying every good thing off the market!
Yea, if I were you, I would hate me too! cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
TKB
Tev didn't go to City for the money only. He went firstly for the chance to be sure of a starting place. Remember his grouse with Fergie first started when Berba arrived and he had to be benched repeatedly like he was some dude from Stoke on loan. Twaz after that that the issue of his wages came up.

I think Fergie didn't really want to keep him.  .  .was probably thinking he could get 'em Benzema et. al at that time. Tev's case isn't like Ronaldo's. Ronaldo already had his entire being set on Madrid. Tev, on the other hand, wanted to stay but Fergie didn't think the dude deserved all he asked for. So, he had to go where he was certain he would get all he wants - a first team shirt and a substantial pay rise.

Will definitely miss Tev, but I don't blame him. Your club is your identity.  .  .if you're not satisfied there, what's the point? Besides, he always gave his all whenever he wore the red shirt, headless chicken or not. grin

Looking forward to having him scare the liver outta Vida and co. grin This season will definitely be interesting, both the EPL and La Liga.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Borat1: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
I dont trust SAF. Maybe he got stuff up his sleeve. Is he for real shocked
Well o well, if he sticks to his words, then he is SCREWED! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
Wow!!

There is still a bit of hope for scumtwats - not everyone has been carried away with Sarong's applesauce.  grin

Tevez left due to lack of respect and a desire to be wanted, not treated like a disposable rag. Imagine you've won the CL and EPL with a club and they decide to sign someone external over you while you remain on loan and then get benched. . . Fergie can say all he wants, he always felt Tevez was disposable and not integral to his plans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Anyone who has followed ManU for a while knows its not difficult to discern between when Fergie wants a player and when he doesnt.
Fergie wanted Tevez as an after thought.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
biina:

Yea, if I were you, I would hate me too! cheesy grin

Tssk. . . . . . smiley
Just go keep your thread alive!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
tubabie:

I dont expect you to be. . . .Especially when the dude is a DUD!
Wellbeck will prolly score more goals than him all season - IN THE CARLING CUP! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dyabman(m): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
Michael Jackson Owen what a waste
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by presido1: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
I don't blame Tevez one bit, we should have signed him after the first year but SAF chose to sign a snail instead.
At the same time we will come good without him.
Wish him Goodluck.
Atleast he will help to send some club to 5th position grin grin grin.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 11:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
presido1:

I don't blame Tevez one bit, we should have signed him after the first year but[b] SAF chose to sign a snail instead.[/b]
At the same time we will come good without him.
Wish him Goodluck.
Atleast he will help to send some club to 5th position grin grin grin.

Is that Obertan or Berbatov by any chance? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101)

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 31st October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: El Clasico (1 - 2) On 2nd April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.