Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (63804 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
lordimpaq:

typical african if i must say, its all about d money, money and more money, lol
There's nothing African about this - Barry went to City because of money, so did Robinho and so did Tevez. Virtually every player at the club has signed for money before thinking about ambition.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

There's nothing African about this - Barry went to City because of money, so did Robinho and so did Tevez. Virtually every player at the club has signed for money before thinking about ambition.

true, but shame all d same, well, i'll do the same if i were them,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
lordimpaq:

hmm, breathe the fresh air of the united thread, missed it, its still d same though, with jackal and his fuckeries and consipicuous language he'll neva change, grin

Lordi. . . . . , welcome back, where you run go? Infact you have to pay ground rate ooh!!! we have been keeping the vermins at bay only for you to come back and criticise Sauron, The JOMO GBONO of Mancs in Nairaland!!!
Howdie??

Mancs
When will these vermins wandering uselessly all over our thread be wiped out?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Dammyray(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
I quite agree about the rest but wont agree tevez went also for money
Tevez went there for 1st team players
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
Lordi. . . . . , welcome back, where you run go? Infact you have to pay ground rate ooh!!! we have been keeping the vermins at bay only for you to come back and criticise Sauron, The JOMO GBONO of Mancs in Nairaland!!!
Howdie??

Mancs
ol boi
u come scarce o

come and help me verify one VIN na grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

How much are they going to pay Eto'o per week?
For Eto'o to be on the same salary scale as he is in Barca, United have to double his wages.
Say Eto'o is on £90k a week in Barca. . . . .He wouldn't come to United unless we pay him £180k per week.

I know the situation with the wages Sharon but do you think it is just that?
I dont think so. . . . .I think some top players just can be bothered playing for United ATM. . . . .
And pretty much every team across the country are getting priced out of a move for identified targets
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

ol boi
u come scarce o

my ppl no vex, i had to attend to some personal matters and i had to shelf NL temporarily.

Emperoh:

Howdie??

Mancs

jomo gbono of mancs in NL? now dats funny, i hope they don't intend 2 blow up the Arsenal fans thread like they did in Atlas cove, grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

But Sauron
i dont fcking believe its because of the tax shit we are not buying players
if we want etoo. . .
i think SAF and the Glazers are sharing 'our money'

Glad you saw things from another perspective. . . .
United dont want to pay ridiculous sums and something tells me SAF doesnt really want to join the Chelsea, Citeh and R-M bandwagon!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I know the situation with the wages Sharon but do you think it is just that?
I dont think so. . . . .I think some top players just can be bothered playing for United ATM. . . . .
And pretty much every team across the country are getting priced out of a move for identified targets

This is not rocket science.

I am a player and Real Madrid and Man Utd are interested in me.
If i go to Madrid, i will be paid £150k a week and take home £120k
If i go to England, i will be paid £150k a week but with a take home pay of £75k

Where would i go? Why would i wanna play in England where i would be losing £45k every week.
Don't u guys get it?
It's about the wages.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't u guys get it?
It's about the wages.

obviously its about the wages, dat doesn't mean they are gonna win the UCL or the EPL, or even the FA cup, with all the money splashing round,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
United > ronaldo + Tevez or any player on earth.

United will score more goals without ronaldo. He had just 21/2 good seasons and the wankers are drooling. While he was in united haters were saying he wasn't good. Watch how the other lads will step it up BIg time.

United has never been a team to rely on one player even from time past. We have  a lot of Big game players in the team. How many goals did ronaldo score against Liverpool, Chelsea all his time in United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am a player and Real Madrid and Man Utd are interested in me.
If i go to Madrid, i will be paid £150k a week and take home £120k
If i go to England, i will be paid £150k a week but with a take home pay of £75k
Where would i go? Why would i wanna play in England when i would be losing £45k every week.
Don't u guys get it?
It's about the wages.

Yeah it is not rocket science Sharon and yeah same analysis which i totally understand BUT dont you think -
A player who wants to win trophies with a top side like United wont be deterred by the tax system or would he?. . . .
A player that has won everything might think more about the money or wont he?
Do you really think Benzema chose Real over United because of the money? I dont think so. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
@monsieur crackles

his name is Sauron, not Sharon, he aint a gurl,

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yeah it is not rocket science Sharon and yeah same analysis which i totally understand BUT dont you think -
A player who wants to win trophies with a top side like United wont be deterred by the tax system or would he?. . . .
A player that has won everything might think more about the money or wont he?
Do you really think Benzema chose Real over United because of the money? I dont think so. . . . . .

This Brash na olodo o.

Firstly, there's nothing to say Real Madrid won't win their domestic league.
Benzema didn't join Man City or one nonsense club who won't have the chance to win titles.
He joined inarguably the biggest club in Europe so there's a high probability he would win trophies there.

Besides, he is bound to lose £45k every week if he moves to England.
Where would u rather be if u have 80% chance of winning a trophy and keeping 80% of your gross wages?
Compare it to the same 80% chance of winning a trophy in the EPL but with a tax-cut of 50%.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
lordimpaq:

@monsieur crackles
his name is Sauron, not Sharon, he aint a gurl,

Nah - His name is Sharon grin
He knows better. . . . . . .He recently applied to have it changed by deed poll from Sharon to Sharumi
Until that goes through, he remains Sharon! tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
welll, i guess he knows better
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

ol boi
u come scarce o

I have been around but going ons here got irritating to an extent. . . . . recycling old arguments thats been sorted out
I can't wait for the league to start jare!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

This Brash na olodo o.
Firstly, there's nothing to say Real Madrid won't win a domestic league in La Liga.
Benzema didn't join Man City or one nonsense club. . . . .
He joined inarguably the biggest club in Europe so there's a high probability he would win trophies there.
Besides, he is bound to lose £45k every week if he moves to England.
Where would u rather be if u have 80% chance of winning a trophy and keeping 80% of your gross wages?
Compare it to the same 80% chance of winning a trophy in the EPL but with a tax-cut of 50%.

If i slap you, you think i am OFOKA the dullard! grin cheesy

Anyways i still dont think Benzie joined Real because of the tax system. . . . If he wants to play for United, he will!
At times you dont even know what is going on in the minds of some of these players. . . . JT mulling over joining Citeh et all shocked grin
Benzema is prolly too daft anyway to realise the wages will shrink if he comes to United, how many footie stars are financially savvy?
They all rely on agents and advisors. . . . . .
Bottom line is, he just doesnt want to play for UTD and if United desperately want him, they will make an offer he can refuse!
If i was a top baller, i will prolly want to win trophies. . . . .What do i want that i cant get with £50grand a week?
Footballers are greedy nowadays. . . . . .An average office manager in the UK dont earn that in a year. . . . .
It is just silly and some restructuring needs to be put in place. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
Stop spilling bollocks Sharon £150k earns you £88k not £75k.

Wage is not the issue - it's quality of football overall.

We are talking about world class talents not some hungry twats looking for extra cash. If not, why have Rooney and others not moved to Citeh since they know they'll get more pay from there?  

UTD lost Benzema because they were outbid. Not on wages. Except for the draw to Madrid/Barca, how come Utd couldn't attract any other players?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

Stop spilling bollocks Sharon £150k earns you £88k not £75k.
Wage is not the issue - it's quality of football overall.

Are u a dolt? What is 50% of £150k
Letz even pretend you are correct. . . .

Whats the difference?
£150k would earn how much net in SPAIN?

We are talking about world class talents not some hungry twats looking for extra cash. If not, why have Rooney and others not moved to Citeh since they know they'll get more pay from there?  

Why would Rooney go to Citeh?
Citeh of all places? If he goes there, he ruins his chance of playing under Capello.

UTD lost Benzema because they were outbid. Not on wages. Except for the draw to Madrid/Barca, how come Utd couldn't attract any other players? 

Stop being a numbskull.
The players United wanted were also targeted by the big clubs in Spain.

Benzema, Ribery, David Villa.
U really think Fergie will sign a dud player in the name of attracting a big name in Europe?

The wages have dealt a massive blow to English clubs and United will not pay over the odds to land a player.
It would disrupt their wage structure.

MrCrackles:

They all rely on agents and advisors. . . . . .

U have answered your question yourself.
Where do you think Benzema's agents would advise him to go?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

U have answered your question yourself.
Where do you think Benzema's agents would advise him to go?

Regardless of where his agents tout him to, he wouldav prolly gone to Real Madrid anyway.
United just didnt do enough to convince him. . . . .It has nothing to do with the Wages!!
This is not Obertan my friend. . . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

U really think Fergie will sign a dud player in the name of attracting a big name in Europe?

Fergie currently parades an expensive tray of duds. . . . .dont he?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Regardless of where his agents tout him to, he wouldav prolly gone to Real Madrid anyway.
United just didnt do enough to convince him. . . . .It has nothing to do with the Wages!!
This is not Obertan my friend. . . . .  grin

U won't understand. . . . .

Obertan can come to United cos the big clubs in La Liga weren't interested in him.
For players like Ribery and Benzema, it's not the same.
They would carefully consider their options and they are better off in La Liga because of the wages and because they now have the same probability of winning titles like Man Utd.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

U won't understand. . . . .

Obertan can come to United cos the big clubs in La Liga weren't interested in him.
For players like Ribery and Benzema, it's not the same.
They would carefully consider their options and they are better off in La Liga because of the wages and because they now have the same probability of winning titles like Man Utd.

Sharon. . . . .You are one dodgy fella!
Till we meet again! wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
Sharon you are talking nonsense - did this wage thing just get introduced?? The Spain schitzo has been in place since 2005 so how come it's just affecting English clubs in 2009??

It has nothing to do with taxes - it's more down to exchange rate than anything else - £100k was equivalent to E140k but now is almost at parity, stripping out the benefit from the pound

Even at that, English clubs CANNOT/WILL NOT pay the transfer fees and that is the main stumbling blocks not player wages.

Clubs are the largest determinant in these issues - match their valuation and the player will likely move - UTD failed to do that with Lyon and the bubble burst.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

Sharon you are talking nonsense - did this wage thing just get introduced?? The Spain schitzo has been in place since 2005 so how come it's just affecting English clubs in 2009?? 

It was manageable in England until April this year when the tax on high salary earners in England shot to 50%.

It has nothing to do with taxes - it's more down to exchange rate than anything else - £100k was equivalent to E140k but now is almost at parity, stripping out the benefit from the pound

It's the combination of the two. . . . .
UK are in so much debt they are taxing the high salary earners to fill in the gap.

Even at that, English clubs CANNOT/WILL NOT pay the transfer fees and that is the main stumbling blocks not player wages.

Says who?
United offered more cash for Benzema's transfer fees, remember?
But Benzema failed to agree on personal terms.

Clubs are the largest determinant in these issues - match their valuation and the player will likely move - UTD failed to do that with Lyon and the bubble burst.

Clubs are the largest determinant but NOT the overall determinant.
It's more complex than you think. . . . . . .If a player cannot agree personal terms a la Tevez. . . .There's nothing u can do.
United offered Lyon more cash to prise Benzema off em.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

It was manageable in England until April this year when the wage structure in England shot to 50%.
Not true - how can a 5% difference simply become unmanageable?

It's the combination of the two. . . . .
UK are in so much debt they are taxing the high salary earners to fill in the gap.
It is a symbolic action and won't really bring in much revenue since they cut VAT. Anyways, it was a labor trick to get votes, but that is an unrelated matter.

Says who?
United offered more cash for Benzema's transfer fees, remember?
But Benzema failed to agree on personal terms.

FALSE!!

This is what Fergie said:

We went in for Benzema but, as far as we were concerned, the price tag was beyond his value. If other clubs want to go to that level, that's entirely their business. We had a value that we thought was fair and we didn't want to go above that position. Maybe Lyon thought we under-valued him and that's fine, it's their decision. They got €42m for him and they will be happy with that because they have done well. All this tells you about us is that we are sensible.

This was PRICE!!

Clubs are the largest determinant but NOT the overall determinant.
It's more complex than you think. . . . . . .If a player cannot agree personal terms a la Tevez. . . .There's nothing u can do.
I know it's complicated, but MOST players will take a fat pay package and go to a good team, even if they can get more cash elsewhere once the CLUB agrees a deal ok for them.

United offered Lyon more cash to prise Benzema off em.
Not true - Fergie's comments show as much.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/13/manchester-united-city-madrid-alex-ferguson
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
debosky:

Not true - how can a 5% difference simply become unmanageable?

See this OLODO boy. . . .The difference is 10%
It was 40% before then and now it's 50%.

FALSE!!

This is what Fergie said:

We went in for Benzema but, as far as we were concerned, the price tag was beyond his value. If other clubs want to go to that level, that's entirely their business. We had a value that we thought was fair and we didn't want to go above that position. Maybe Lyon thought we under-valued him and that's fine, it's their decision. They got €42m for him and they will be happy with that because they have done well. All this tells you about us is that we are sensible.

This was PRICE!!
I know it's complicated, but MOST players will take a fat pay package and go to a good team, even if they can get more cash elsewhere once the CLUB agrees a deal ok for them.
Not true - Fergie's comments show as much.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/13/manchester-united-city-madrid-alex-ferguson

FERGIE is just playing possum.

Manchester United were said to be moving closer last night to signing Karim Benzema, the France striker, from Lyons.

On the day that United announced the £15.25 million signing of Antonio Valencia, the Ecuador winger, on a four-year contract from Wigan Athletic, Miralem Pjanic, Benzema's team-mate at Lyons, claimed that the player was on the verge of a British-record move to Old Trafford.

“Benzema is nearly gone to Old Trafford,” Pjanic, the midfield player, said. “The English club are willing to pay close to €45 million [about £38 million].

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article6613682.ece
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
so who's lying then,

times or the guardian,

the guys has gone, left him alone, will ya,

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by biina: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
As per Benzema's price, both Debosky and Sauron are correct (in a way)

ManU had the higher true bid (£35 million), but if you add the conditional bonuses, Madrid would be higher (£ 30 million initial with a max of 35.8 million)

The 21 year-old French international has agreed what could amount to a 41 million euro (£35.8 million) move to Real – who were forced to increase their original offer of 35 million euros (£30 million), even though it was agreed with Lyon on Tuesday evening, after a flurry of activity from United on Wednesday morning.

Once United became aware that Lyon had accepted Real’s bid they then submitted an offer of 40 million euros (£35 million). However Benzema was already too far progressed in his discussions with Real, having also spoken to United, and the Spanish club were also willing to add extra payments, depending on targets and bonuses, which meant their bid came in slightly higher than United’s. Benzema has agreed a six-year deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/5712487/Karim-Benzema-joins-Real-Madrid-after-snubbing-Manchester-United.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by justkunmi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Lordi!. .welcome.back!. .
@Sauron. .u.got.that.right. Its.mos.defl'y.about.the.final.take.home. Even.Fergie.said.it.

Trophies.dont.seem.to.matter.anymore. Money.first. .then.we'll.start.lookin.at.what.we.can.win.
Adebayor.to.City.to.be.collecting.170k.a.week?!
Tevez.to.City.to.get.150k.a.week. .
And.they.offering.well.over.200k.for.John.Terry. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
Thank goodness Real were unsensible enough to dole out the dough. . . . . e 4 too vex me if we buy Karimu 4 dat amount!
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.