Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (68361 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
OFFICIAL
Man.City.has.signed.Tevez.on.a.five.year.deal. He'll.complete.with.a.medical.in.a.few.days. I.think.he.should.be.getting.around.150k.a.week.

man city would still finish 7th or 8th, they might as well give their loot to charity or cancer research

Are you not aware that no arsenal player will start a game in Man United minus injury.

are u aware no man utd player would start a game 'in' arsenal [size=16pt]+[/size] injury grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2009
Fine. . . . . without Tevez and Ronaldo, on paper, UTD has lost a lot of menace - but players come and go; teams solja on!

Granted, Owen / Valencia are not as good a replacement for those guys individually but in the end it all boils down to how well the entire team plays, how well they jell!

Same applies to Real Madrid and everyother team is thats buying whatever from wherever; they can buy all the best players in the world but if they can't jell and play as the best team in the world then. . . . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 8:17am On Jul 14, 2009
ritchboy:

are u aware no man utd player would start a game 'in' arsenal [size=16pt]+[/size] injury grin

The fact AW brought out ur club's hard-earned cash to buy Mikael Silvestre of all people makes this your declaration all the more pitiful!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2009
Pls check the signs of the times. . . . Ronaldo is gone!

Man Utd was never a telepathic team. . . .it was a one man team. . . .your central midfield is below Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. . . . the only strength was in defence and with Ronaldo. . . . all of that is finito!

sometimes i wonder how you managed to cook up ur bollocks!!
You will come back to blame this on the harsh weather in the UK.

stop saying rubbish. UTD not a telepathic team cos they had Ronaldo? shocked shocked
LOL! UTD not a telepathic team cos our midfield isnt as strong as Chelseas and Pools?

For Gods sake, we dont need to have the best midfield b4 a team can be telepathic
stop saying stuffs you cant defend everytime Ibime!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 14, 2009
The amount of unaldurated rubbish (from the haters) being spread on this thread is going from ridiculous to worrying.
Especially that loudmouth from Madrid.
RuuDie:

Fine. . . . . without Tevez and Ronaldo, on paper, UTD has lost a lot of menace - but players come and go; teams solja on!

Granted, Owen / Valencia are not as good a replacement for those guys individually but in the end it all boils down to how well the entire team plays, how well they jell!

Same applies to Real Madrid and everyother team is thats buying whatever from wherever; they can buy all the best players in the world but if they can't jell and play as the best team in the world then. . . . . . . . .
Thank you my brother.
That's why I say I querry some people's sense of reasoning/logic.
Because CR stood out,some pinheads feel he was the backbone of United.forgetting
Why didn't CR win the game against Barca by himself?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2009
Eastbay
its worrying that people cant think again cos they wanna argue

can you imagine someone calling UTD a man one team shocked shocked
when did UTD become that? i tot CR7 only had 2 good seasons out of 6
when exactly did we turn a one man team?
the 2 season CR7 shone brilliantly?

undiluted baloney at its best
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 9:24am On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

can you imagine someone calling UTD a man one team shocked shocked
when did UTD become that? i tot CR7 only had 2 good seasons out of 6

Correction. . . . . CR7 had three great seasons out of 6. . . . . in the previous three seasons, where were Utd?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 9:36am On Jul 14, 2009
Correction. . . . . CR7 had three great seasons out of 6. . . . . in the previous three seasons, where were Utd?
yep he had a good 2006/7 season. Agreed!

from your submission, UTD won the 3 titles cos of CR7?
agreed he outscored everybody in his lst 2 seasons basically cos of the pattern of play

in 2006/7, Rooney got 23 goals in all competitions just like CR7
how on did tht mean we won the league or w/e cos of CR7
remove Rooneys goals, will UTD have won the league?

NO. UTD have never been a one man team
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:45am On Jul 14, 2009
Eastbay:

The amount of unaldurated rubbish (from the haters) being spread on this thread is going from ridiculous to worrying.
Especially that loudmouth from Madrid.Thank you my brother.

[b]Esther [/b]you need to relax and dont take a lot of things personal. . . . grin
It's all banter and that is the beauty of the sports thread on NL!
Ya all should chill the fuc.k out! wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

yep he had a good 2006/7 season. Agreed!

from your submission, UTD won the 3 titles cos of CR7?
agreed he outscored everybody in his lst 2 seasons basically cos of the pattern of play

in 2006/7, Rooney got 23 goals in all competitions just like CR7
how on did tht mean we won the league or w/e cos of CR7
remove Rooneys goals, will UTD have won the league?

NO. UTD have never been a one man team

Sojaman. . . . the proof will be in the pudding next season. . . . hold all analysis till then. . . . . Im trying to figure out how Owen, Rooney, and Berbatoff are gonna carry the atack next season. . . . abi big things are planned for Manucho, Wellbeck and Macheda? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2009
Sojaman. . . . the proof will be in the pudding next season. . . . hold all analysis till then. . . . . Im trying to figure out how Owen, Rooney, and Berbatoff are gonna carry the atack next season. . . . abi big things are planned for Manucho, Wellbeck and Macheda?
fingers crossed ganjaman grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2009
The number 7 shirt to Owen
George Best,Eric Cantona,David Beckham,Cristiano Ronaldo,Michael Owen
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2009

he is a former european footballer of the year
same way Milan bought Ronaldinho

whts wrong with it?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 10:37am On Jul 14, 2009
HNIC:

SAF thinks dashing Owen the number 7 shirt will revive his fading enthusiasm and waning footballing abilities
Fingers crossed. . . . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by justkunmi(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2009
. .well.no.better.person.to.wear.the.shirt. .
or.would.u.rather.Valencia.had.it? abi.na.Obertan?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:57am On Jul 14, 2009
dont mind dem, abi they want us to hang the shirt?

all these alakori sef grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

sometimes i wonder how you managed to cook up ur bollocks!!
You will come back to blame this on the harsh weather in the UK.

stop saying rubbish. UTD not a telepathic team cos they had Ronaldo? shocked shocked
LOL! UTD not a telepathic team cos our midfield isnt as strong as Chelseas and Pools?

For Gods sake, we dont need to have the best midfield b4 a team can be telepathic
stop saying stuffs you cant defend everytime Ibime!

It's not their fault. . . . . . Blame the British government and the economic recession for these fuckeries.
If i were Ronaldo or Benzema, i woulda moved to Spain as well.
The new 50% tax-cut on high salary earners has ruined the bargaining power of the top clubs in the EPL.
In Spain, it's about 23%.

Benzema in England

£150,000 per week(£75,000 take home pay)

Benzema in Spain

£150,000 per week(£120,000 take home pay).

United would have to pay him £240,000 per week to MATCH what he would earn in SPAIN.
Ridiculous!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So when retards like Biina, Brash, Ibime and Nateevs come here to say SAF is stingy and reh reh reh. . . .Just leave em to their ignorance.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2009
It's not their fault. . . . . . Blame the British government and the economic recession for these fuckeries.
If i were Ronaldo or Benzema, i woulda moved to Spain as well.
The new 50% tax-cut on high salary earners has ruined the bargaining power of the top clubs in the EPL.
In Spain, it's about 23%.

Benzema in England

£150,000 per week(£75,000 take home pay)

Benzema in Spain

£150,000 per week(£120,000 take home pay).

United would have to pay him £240,000 per week to MATCH what he would earn in SPAIN.
Ridiculous!!!
So when retards like Biina, Brash, Ibime and Nateevs come here to say SAF is stingy and reh reh reh. . . .Just leave em to their ignorance.
50% tax?
wow!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
hmm, breathe the fresh air of the united thread, missed it, its still d same though, with jackal and his fuckeries and consipicuous language he'll neva change, grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

50% tax?
wow!!!

Yeah used to be 40%. . . . . .Why do you think Sammy Eto'o was negotiating a tax free salary?
The tax swallows up the wages, and he/his agents wanted the club to pay him the standard amount and pay his taxes as well
I saw Lee Hendrie's (formerly of Aston Villa) payslip last year, around 40 odd grand a week, and his net pay was in the 20-odd region!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
Yeah used to be 40%. . . . . .Why do you think Sammy Eto'o was negotiating a tax free salary?
The tax swallows up the wages, and he/his agents wanted the club to pay him the standard amount and pay his tax as well
I saw Lee Hendrie's (formerly of Aston Villa) payslip last year, around 40 odd grand a week, and his net pay was in the 20-odd region
Nigeria is the best!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

50% tax?
wow!!!

That is what SAF is dealing with. . . . . . . . .
The reasons players don't wanna stay in the EPL is because of this stupid tax rate.

lordimpaq:

hmm, breathe the fresh air of the united thread, missed it, its still d same though, with jackal and his fuckeries and consipicuous language he'll neva change, grin

Lordimpaq? Bleep-it. . . . . .I see dead people.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by debosky(m): 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

The reasons players don't wanna stay in the EPL is because of this stupid tax rate.
RUBBISH!

Did the tax rate become 50% overnight from zero?

The calculations done by Sharon are also wide of the mark - If you earn 150k per week, you will take home at least 88k per week, NOT 75k (ok not a humongous difference but still more than 13k extra per week).

In fact if you make 160k a week, you are going to earn above [b]95k [/b]AFTER tax. Yes it's not pretty, but definitely not as bad as people make it.

Granted that the tax system in Spain is friendlier at the moment, it doesn't apply to people like Eto'o who have already spent more than 5 years in the country because after that, the rate goes to 43% even in Spain once you earn over 53k.

Bottomline is, Utd didn't bid HIGH ENOUGH for Benzema and Fergie said so himself. That aside, with Barca winning the treble and Real splashing money around, Spain is definitely more attractive in terms of football and trophies than England at the moment.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Is it only SAF who is dealing with it?
I hope you are not trying to pin the main underlying reason why big name players dont want to play for United to the tax system? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I hope you are not trying to pin the main underlying reason why big name players dont want to play for United to the tax system? grin

u certainly don't expect him to be talking AW's problems, do u!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
RuuDie:

u certainly don't expect him to be talking AW's problems, do u!?

You are a diseased donkey. . . . It is not about AW! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

It is only Man Utd in the whole of EPL that can attract big players in Europe. . . . .
Arsenal won't even bother to price David Villa or Benzema. . . . .Liverpool are in serious crisis and they don't win anything to generate income.
Chelsea have also suffered because of the recession. Roman does not splash like he used to.

Why do u think Adebayor is negotiating £170k per week in Man City?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
well for once i have to agree with jackal, em sorry sauron,

the tax rate is killing, do u think ribery would go to manutd with that tax rate thats probably why he's seemingly sing madrid,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Chelsea have also suffered because of the recession. Roman does not splash like he used to.
i laffed real hard when i saw somewhere tht Chelsea is biddin for IBRA for 70 mills euros
The Roman i know will not buy anybody in excess of 20mill GBP

Party is over!

But Sauron
i dont fcking believe its because of the tax shit we are not buying players
if we want etoo. . .
i think SAF and the Glazers are sharing 'our money'
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Esther [/b]you need to relax and dont take a lot of things personal. . . . grin
It's all banter and that is the beauty of the sports thread on NL!
Ya all should chill the fuc.k out! wink

Clara,
some of us are trying to have a serious discussion.some sense could be utilised here by some people.
Remember,we can't all be clowns (like you).
Ibime,
United were NEVER  a one man team.We were good enough for one of us to be World Footballer of the year.
Besides,Rooney has had to sacrifice a lot for the best of Ronny to show.i'm wondering who in Madrid is likely to be half as selfless for him to shine.
HNIC:

[b]George Best,Eric Cantona,David Beckham,Cristiano Ronaldo
,Michael Owen
What's your problem with who wears what when it's not arsenal?
tkb,
It's more than the taxes.if you notice,none of the "big Four" have actually strengthened.There aren't players available,and the few that are are valued by Real's purchasing power.The only people doing any sort of spending are City,and they largely are recruiting from England.Adebayor is probably going there since the guy doesn't care about winning titles.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by lordimpaq(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
Eastbay:

Adebayor is probably going there since the guy doesn't care about winning titles.

typical african if i must say, its all about d money, money and more money, lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
tkb417:

But Sauron
i dont fcking believe its because of the tax shit we are not buying players
if we want etoo.   .    .
i think SAF and the Glazers are sharing 'our money'

How much are they going to pay Eto'o per week?
For Eto'o to be on the same salary scale as he is in Barca, United have to double his wages.
Say Eto'o is on £90k a week in Barca. . . . .He wouldn't come to United unless we pay him £180k per week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: El Clasico (1 - 2) On 2nd April 2016 / PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.