Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (64397 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Ibime
Come on, you make it sound like a repeat of the Zidane head-butt. grin Vida's wasn't that bad. Defensive slip-up. Eduardo's was just plain bad. And he had this cynical smile when the ref called it a pen 'cos he knew exactly what he was doing.

As for your ''untouchables'' list, hope you know John Terry is among the top 3.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime
Give yourself some chance to get human intelligence
How does Eduardo's case relate to that of Vidic? A case of pure simulation and here you are talking about something done in retaliation
albeit unintentionally. . . . . na you sabi pass Webb?
Pls free us. . . Ballack is meant to receive a life ban for punching Evra innit?

Mancs
Anytime i see this news, am always elated but somehow, i get disappointed.
I hope this is not another hope dashing news again
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6638568
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2009
Cristalz:

@Ibime
Come on, you make it sound like a repeat of the Zidane head-butt. grin Vida's wasn't that bad. Defensive slip-up. Eduardo's was just plain bad. And he had this cynical smile when the ref called it a pen 'cos he knew exactly what he was doing.

As for your ''untouchables'' list, hope you know John Terry is among the top 3.

Thankfully, John Terry is a clean player who rarely resorts to violence unlike Vidic.

With all deference to Cristalz, any idiot who believes that Vidic's assault on Rodallega was an honest mistake should avail themselves of youtube. Unfortunately, I am at work and have no access to youtube otherwise I would post the action again. I would also post videos of boxers who use the very same technique: a quick short hook to the face. That particular punch (the quick short hook) was brought to prominence by Mohammed Ali in his 2nd fight with Sonny Liston, which became known as the phantom punch. You can clearly see a deliberate movement of Vidics hand away from his body. Anybody with an iota of boxing knowledge recognises the deliberateness of that punch. It is disgusting.

Two idiots mentioned Ballacks move on Evra. That is a well known 'blocking off' cheat move. It is cheating, but something you would see happen in almost every match when a defending player is caught out by a quick one-two. Vidics move was simply violence and has no place in football.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime, why are you thinking about Vidic instead of concentrating on work? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime:

Two idiots mentioned Ballacks move on Evra. That is a well known 'blocking off' cheat move. It is cheating, but something you would see happen in almost every match when a defending player is caught out by a quick one-two. Vidics move was simply violence and has no place in football.    

Your uncanny ability to type like someone suffering from speech impediment amuses me. . . .

Ballack's move on Evra was dangerous. . . . .He coulda knocked his teeth off considering their sizes.
Bosingwa clearly kicked Benayoun's butt last season and nothing was done about it.
That was a match shown in the afternoon and UK kids were watching. . . .

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG4k3y4VlYQ&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
this Ibime boi has started again

abeg, whats the formation for tmr
dont have time for suegbe talk grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime will never learn.How on earth did terry escape the drop kick on a city player last season.How many Match ban did drogba get when he slapped Vidic in moscow. Dirty chavs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
Emperoh:

Ibime
Give yourself some chance to get human intelligence
How does Eduardo's case relate to that of Vidic? A case of pure simulation and here you are talking about something done in retaliation
albeit unintentionally. . . . . na you sabi pass Webb?
Pls free us. . . Ballack is meant to receive a life ban for punching Evra innit?

Mancs
Anytime i see this news, am always elated but somehow, i get disappointed.
I hope this is not another hope dashing news again
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6638568

Son, what are you on about?
Are you suggesting that there wasn’t any body contact between Eduardo and the keeper? Albeit, a tweeny likkle touch?

While I believe more and more players fall to the ground way to easily I also believe that it is one sure way of not getting injured.

In Eduardo’s case, I believe his dive was partly choreographed maybe because he was expecting a tackle from the keeper. If you look at the replay of that incident you’d notice that there was a slight touch between the keeper and himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
Cristalz:

Ibime, why are you thinking about Vidic instead of concentrating on work? grin

Dont worry about that.  cool

tkb417:

this Ibime boi has started again

abeg, whats the formation for tmr
dont have time for suegbe talk grin

I know the honourable tkb is a man who relishes the manly sports. A skilled pugilist such as himself cannot fail to applaud the skill and speed with which Vidic's move was executed. My ire is drawn from the fact that the MOTD presenters spent the whole programme discussing Rodallegas reaction without any reference to the condemnable actions of Vidic. Its like the establishment simply chose to ignore what I consider to be one of the most vile actions Ive ever seen on a football pitch.

As for the other idiots dragging non-issues, its best to ignore those infantile delusionists.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
Omo ibo,

sharrap. That was diving at its best. If it were to be a United player it will be concluded alex is at work again. Gallas brought down Utaka and nothing happened. Pompey lost 4-1 due to the referee.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime:

Dont worry about that. cool

I know the honourable tkb is a man who relishes the manly sports. A skilled pugilist such as himself cannot fail to applaud the skill and speed with which Vidic's move was executed. My ire is drawn from the fact that the MOTD presenters spent the whole programme discussing Rodallegas reaction without any reference to the condemnable actions of Vidic. Its like the establishment simply chose to ignore what I consider to be one of the most vile actions Ive ever seen on a football pitch.

As for the other idiots dragging non-issues, its best to ignore those infantile delusionists.
na who be skilled pugilist grin
u don smoke!!

show me where i said anything about Vidic or Rodallega?
face ur work otondo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2009
tkb417:

na who be skilled pugilist grin
u don smoke!!

show me where i said anything about Vidic or Rodallega?
face your work otondo

Abeg ignore Ibime's douchebaggery. . . . . .He is insane.
Letz discuss tomorrow's game. . . .
Who and who should start in the midfield and how do we beat Wenger's team without conceding?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by BinghiNya(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2009
nani park flecther anderson will be nice if we are to rape those gays again. I prefer owen starting alongside rooney to teach the gay men some lessons. United 3 Arsenal 1
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
I want scholes. . . . just that he can't tackle. These gaymen can run rings round him.
Else his game last week was peach. . . . .Any takes, nani to score!!

Ibime
Fraud has no better definition than what you are trying to paint
What happens to Bosingwa against Benayoun? Do you know Ballack coulda hit off Evra's tooth?
See just face ya team and stop being a glorified amebo. . . . . Olodo feeling funky tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Abeg ignore Ibime's douchebaggery. . . . . .He is insane.
Letz discuss tomorrow's game. . . .
Who and who should start in the midfield and how do we beat Wenger's team without conceding?

Foster
Fabio/Brown ( i need someone who can drop the inswinging crosses for the strikers)
Evans
Vida
Evra

Valencia
Nani
Fletcher
Scholes

Berbatov
Rooney

i dont wanna see Carrick till he gets himself

Ando to come in when things are steady
Owen to come in 25 mins to the end
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
man u d best
man u go nak arsenal
i dont wabt to see carrick leave for modric he`s better
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ All Mancs,

Are you guys really suggesting Paul Scholes should get a start against the Arses?
Blimey. . . . . .Mancs forget stuffs easily.
We are playing against kids. . . . .We need hustlers cos Arsenal will want to hug the ball.
The reason we were able to disgrace em in the Semifinal of the UCL was because we played Fletcher-Ando-Carrick in the midfield.
That was also the same triumvirate that raped em 4-0 2 seasons ago. . . .

To beat the Arses. . . .Scholes, Giggs, Owen and Berbatov must sit on the bench.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ All Mancs,

Are you guys really suggesting Paul Scholes should get a start against the Arses?
Blimey. . . . . .Mancs forget stuffs easily.
We are playing against kids. . . . .We need hustlers cos Arsenal will want to hug the ball.
The reason we were able to disgrace em in the Semifinal of the UCL was because we played Fletcher-Ando-Carrick in the midfield.
That was also the same triumvirate that raped em 4-0 2 seasons ago. . . .

To beat the Arses. . . .Scholes, Giggs, Owen and Berbatov must sit on the bench.
against the Arses last season, Carrick was sublime
we cant afford the present carrick againt the Arses. A fit scholesy will be ok with his passes

if Scholesy wouldnt play and we wanna gamble with Ando, then that will be a recipe for disaster cos we'll need some creativity and vision in the middle. carrick woulda done that but hes asleep presently. In Carricks absence, Giggs or scholes will be fine

Berba will start and will trouble Gallas with his ball holding skills
Owen will be taken out by Verma/Gallas so dont even go there
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2009
sauron
is there a reason Eduardo will be punished after the match has been done and dusted?

why didnt they reverse Fletchers red card last season when it was obvious the guy didnt do anything

why are they making this one a serious issue?

Fletchers card should have been rescinded.

UEFA are a buncha confuzzled bastards
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 3:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
tkb417:

against the Arses last season, Carrick was sublime
we cant afford the present carrick againt the Arses. A fit scholesy will be ok with his passes

Carrick hasn't played for about 10 days. . . . .Of course, he was rubbish against Burnley but you ought to question SAF's selection that night.
In a 3-man midfield. . . . . .Carrick is king. In a 2-man midfield with Scholes or Giggs. . .U are asking a lot from him.
Scholesy n Giggsy can only flourish with a partner like Fletcher who ain't shy to get his shirt dirty making crunchy tackles.
I am yet to see Carrick falter with Fletcher and Anderson doing all the dirty work for him. . . .Scholes/Giggsy are no-no for tomorrow.
They are just too old to get around GAYnners' midfield.

if Scholesy wouldnt play and we wanna gamble with Ando, then that will be a recipe for disaster cos we'll need some creativity and vision in the middle. carrick woulda done that but hes asleep presently. In Carricks absence, Giggs or scholes will be fine

You wanna sacrifice defensive duties for creativity? What happens when United don't have the ball?
Can Giggs and Scholes outpace Denilson, Diaby and those chumps in the GAYnners midfield?
Our defence will be exposed and there is no Rio to clean up the mess of these OAPs in the team.

Berba will start and will trouble Gallas with his ball holding skills
Owen will be taken out by Verma/Gallas so dont even go there

We don't even need Berba in this schitzo. . . . . . .Playing Berba means Rooney will be dropping deep to get the ball.
I want Rooney in the heart of the GAYnners defence. . . . .He can trouble Verminator and Gallas much more than Berbatov.
Berba and Owen can come in later in the game but whatever we do. . . . .Nani/Park, Valencia and Wazza must start in a 3-man attack tomorrow.

tkb417:

sauron
is there a reason Eduardo will be punished after the match has been done and dusted?

Retrospective bans have been existing since the days of Moses.

why didnt they reverse Fletchers red card last season when it was obvious the guy didnt do anything
why are they making this one a serious issue?
Fletchers card should have been rescinded.
UEFA are a buncha confuzzled bastards

Fletcher's red card was 50-50. . . . . .According to the letter of the law, Fletcher tackled Fabregas and Darren was the last man.
Once the ref gave Arsenal the foul, he was always going to send Fletcher off being the LAST MAN.
Eduardo's dive was stone-wall. . . . . . . .He should be banned for 8 months for conning the referee.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2009
Sauron
I understand your point but the form Scholes is in presently shouldn't be let to waste.
We need those peach passes. . . . . Valencia and Nani can do a hell lot of hustling. . .rememeber Valencia is a very physical winger.
I am just not happy at the current situation of our wingers. . .we need those swappings Ronaldo and Nani normally does.
But AV is one footed. . . . just his right leg and thats all!!
So i think Scholesy should get a chance!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Ibime,
Double-speaking as usual.
How can you avoid/sidestep the Evra/Ballack issue?
Ibime:

Is this not another case of the FA pandering to Man Utd?

Tell us when UEFA=English FA.
See your head
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
Emperoh:

Sauron
I understand your point but the form Scholes is in presently shouldn't be let to waste.
We need those peach passes. . . . . Valencia and Nani can do a hell lot of hustling. . .rememeber Valencia is a very physical winger.
I am just not happy at the current situation of our wingers. . .we need those swappings Ronaldo and Nani normally does.
But AV is one footed. . . . just his right leg and thats all!!
So i think Scholesy should get a chance!

Scholesy's form will be handful against the Wigans, Chelseas(they are OAPs as well), Hulls and Man Citys of this world, not ARSENAL.
GAYnners have a very mobile midfield full of young players who will run us ragged.
We failed to beat Arsenal at OT on the day we won the league cos Giggsy couldn't cope and our gameplay was distorted.
There are some certain players made for certain games. . . . .Giggs/Scholes are not Arsenal material.

There was a reason SAF left em out in the Semis(both legs).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fletcher's red card was 50-50. . . . . .According to the letter of the law, Fletcher tackled Fabregas and Darren was the last man.
Once the ref gave Arsenal the foul, he was always going to send Fletcher off being the LAST MAN.
Eduardo's dive was stone-wall. . . . . . . .He should be banned for 8 months for conning the referee.
noo
we all saw Fletcher made no contact with the last man when video was used. if they couldnt reverse the decision then cos the REF got it wrong, why are they using Video to punish Eduardo?

The REF on the field gave a penalty just like the REF on d field gave a REd to Fletcher
REFs decision shld always be final so they claimed against us, now they wanna punish the guy from the boardroom?
they are a dubious set up

i refuse to be drawn into an argument with you based on sentiments
clearly, Scholes deserves a shirt based on his performances in the last games and Carrick to sit down. Ando cant start. thts for sure.
The game is not for the gra gra people, its for the swift and the intelligents.
You cant rule out the experience Scholes and Giggs will bring to fore against the Diabys and other twerps
who are those in the comity of footballers? this isnt a 100m dash, its a 90 mins game of footie

let them come with their spikeshoes and start running up and down, we shall

Berba will play and has been playing behind Rooney so why will that change against the Arses?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
See your head
i deliberately kept quiet cos the next thing he'll say is tht i deliberately look for flaws to make him look bad and thts its uncommon for him to make errors. even when he admits, he blames it on alcohol grin

Ibime goofs like its running outta fashion grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
tkb417:

noo
we all saw Fletcher made no contact with the last man when video was used. if they couldnt reverse the decision then cos the REF got it wrong, why are they using Video to punish Eduardo?

Fletcher's trailing leg made full contact with Cesc's standing leg.

The REF on the field gave a penalty just like the REF on d field gave a REd to Fletcher
REFs decision shld always be final so they claimed against us, now they wanna punish the guy from the boardroom?
they are a dubious set up

I disagree. . . . . . .

i refuse to be drawn into an argument with you based on sentiments
clearly, Scholes deserves a shirt based on his performances in the last games and Carrick to sit down. Ando cant start. thts for sure.
The game is not for the gra gra people, its for the swift and the intelligents.

This kinda game ain't cut n dried for Scholesy/Giggsy.
Letz make a bet. . . . . . . .If we start the OAPs tomorrow, we won't take all the 3 points.

You cant rule out the experience Scholes and Giggs will bring to fore against the Diabys and other twerps
who are those in the comity of footballers? this isnt a 100m dash, its a 90 mins game of footie
let them come with their spikeshoes and start running up and down, we shall

Their experience has won us nowt. . . . . .Giggsy made us lose against Barcelona in Rome?

Berba will play and has been playing behind Rooney so why will that change against the Arses?

Tsssk tssk!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Their experience has won us nowt. . . . . .Giggsy made us lose against Barcelona in Rome?
did I hear u right? Your team was outplayed,outthought and outmuscled. If It had been a boxing match,the trainer would have thrown in the towels as the scummies were just chasing shadows.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Eastbay:

Ibime,
Double-speaking as usual.
How can you avoid/sidestep the Evra/Ballack issue?
See your head

Where u been at man? U think u can abscond and reappear like you wish tongue tongue
Good to have you back. . . did the mods visit your IM or something else?
Predict tomorrows game!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by superstar1(m): 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
my formation:

Rooney Berbatov

Nani Valencia

Fletcher Carrick

Evra Evans Vidic Rafael

Foster

Substitutes

1. Anderson
2. Scholes
3. Kuszchack
4. O; Shea
5. Owen
6. Gary Neville
7. Macheda
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
chic2pimp:

did I hear u right? Your team was outplayed,outthought and outmuscled. If It  had been a boxing match,the trainer would have thrown in the towels as the scummies were just chasing shadows.

U have not made any point. . . . .I said Giggsy made us lose and you are saying my team was outplayed n outmuscled.
Of coursem United were outmuscled because Giggsy started. . . . . .Pure plain n simple.
Giggsy never contributed defensively. . . . .neither did he contribute offensively. It was like 10 against 11.
I mentioned it here JS Park shoulda played in the midfield with Tevez/Berbatov in the attack.

When you play a team that loves possession football, you need hustlers and players who can run to get around them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

U have not made any point. . . . .I said Giggsy made us lose and you are saying my team was outplayed n outmuscled.
Of coursem United were outmuscled because Giggsy started. . . . . .Pure plain n simple.
Giggsy never contributed defensively. . . . .neither did he contribute offensively. It was like 10 against 11.
I mentioned it here JS Park shoulda played in the midfield with Tevez/Berbatov in the attack.

When you play a team that loves possession football, you need hustlers and players who can run to get around them.

I f u say so. Your team lost not because of giggs but cuz you were thoroughly outplayed period. No matter who u had on the pitch that day,the result would have been inevitable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
chic2pimp:

I f u say so. Your team lost not because of giggs but cuz you were thoroughly outplayed period. No matter who u had on the pitch that day,the result would have been inevitable.

So why weren't United beaten in 07/08 when we played Barcelona?
If we had ordinary Darren Fletcher then the result woulda been way different. . . . .All United needed that day was an enforcer to disrupt the flow between Xavi and Iniesta. Owen Hargreaves come to mind but Fletcher woulda been a pest to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (101)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.