Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (64385 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

So why weren't United beaten in 07/08 when we played Barcelona?
If we had ordinary Darren Fletcher then the result woulda been way different. . . . .All United needed that day was an enforcer to disrupt the flow between Xavi and Iniesta. Owen Hargreaves come to mind but Fletcher woulda been a pest to them.
I think you will find out that barca dominated possesion both home and away. Failure to put away chances created cost them that match. Yes giggs was below par but so where both anderson and carick .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
chic2pimp:

I think you will find out that barca dominated possesion both home and away. Failure to put away chances created cost them that match. Yes giggs was below par but so where both anderson and carick .

As soon as Giggsy became a liability defensively n offensively. . . .It became a mammoth task for Carrick and Anderson to contain 3 quality Barca midfielders. Once Barca took control of the midfield, United lost the initiative and the attackers were starved of quality deliveries.
One bad unit in a system is enough to corrupt the whole works. Fergie miscued starting Giggsy that day.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

As soon as Giggsy became a liability defensively n offensively. . . .It became a mammoth task for Carrick and Anderson to contain 3 quality Barca midfielders. Once Barca took control of the midfield, United lost the initiative and the attackers were starved of quality deliveries.
One bad unit in a system is enough to corrupt the whole works. Fergie miscued starting Giggsy that day.
Fergie did not see it that way u know. At half time when he made his first substitution and decided to bring scholes on,he sacrificied anderson not giggs for scholes.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
chic2pimp:

Fergie did not see it that way u know. At half time when he made his first substitution and decided to bring scholes on,he sacrificied anderson not giggs for scholes.

And did it change anything? Hell Nah. . . .
His love for his old guards cost him the game.

He tried the experiment of playing Giggsy in a 3-man midfield against Arsenal at OT last season.
The schitzo backfired as United failed to record a single shot on target even with Ronaldo on the pitch.
He shoulda tried someone else in the midfield. . . . .Gibson woulda done a good job containing the likes of Iniesta/Xavi but he opted for Giggs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

And did it change anything? Hell Nah. . . .
His love for his old guards cost him the game.

He tried the experiment of playing Giggsy in a 3-man midfield against Arsenal at OT last season.
The schitzo backfired as United failed to record a single shot on target even with Ronaldo on the pitch.
He shoulda tried someone else in the midfield. . . . .Gibson woulda done a good job containing the likes of Iniesta/Xavi but he opted for Giggs.
U have the handsight perspective on things,fergie was not afforded that luxury. Till dis day fergie does not believe your theory,he acknowledges his team were thoroughly outplayed.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by bydot1(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2009
it can only be UNITED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
Bloody Mancs have cheated again.  angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by vinisky: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2009
We're bloody red barons.we didn't win this game we definitely stole it from arsenal.( we just did not bribe the ref)
                                    Glory Glory Man United
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2009
united is d best
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by A40(m): 1:05am On Aug 30, 2009
With some help from the ref and a slow thinkin Gunner y'all won but striking when the iron's hot is the name of the game and y'all did that so the spoils go to the victors impressive turn-around i'll admit although uber-lucky
And since ma caveat was fulfilled i'd also admit i was hasty in judging the Scummies
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 9:55am On Aug 30, 2009
grin grin grin

- 49 match unbeaten run ended by rudeboydivesteroy

rudeboydivestroy was at it again yesterday
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2009
- Notice that Almunia's hands did not even catch Rooney, instead it was rooney that fell on top of him intentionally . . . . grin grin grin grin . . . . Almunia's hands actually caught the ground and hit the ground infront of Rooney

- I think Rooney was already falling, before he even hit almunia . . . . (he has been taught well in synchronised diving, Eduardo still has a lot to learn grin grin grin)

[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2966/rsmbysixtoo.gif
[/img]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by ritchboy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2009
Rooney u deceptive bastard! And to think they were booing eduardo.

I pray Mike Dean dies a very slow & painful death. . .

can i get an AMEN? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
Man Utd is more have the refs in their pocket, grin grin grin

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2009
more evidence

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2009
Even the man-utd fans knew it was a penalty shocked shocked shocked

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2009
smiley @No2Atheism, stop spamming. One would think Arsenal has never got a wrong decision/call given in their favour in the past.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2009
it must be shouted on the roof top that ManUtd got lucky, the took away the opportunity of rubbing ur face into the sweet victory.

At least now u cannot make fun with the victory since u know its tainted.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2009
Am happy you feel deeply exactly how Celtic feels. Sore losers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
@tubabie chk out this link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316957.0.html#msg4451177

it should make for interesting reading grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
tubabie:

Am happy you feel deeply exactly how Celtic feels. Sore losers.

We did not lose we were robbed grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
ritchboy:

Rooney u deceptive bastard! And to think they were booing eduardo.

I pray Mike Dean dies a very slow & painful death. . .
can i get an AMEN? grin
Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin. So are u really expecting an amen? undecided . GOD only answers prayers not curses cool cool cool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2009
Robbed my foot.

Ok thanks for the link. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2009
tubabie:

Robbed my foot.

Ok thanks for the link. wink

Naa i can't rob ur foot i am a virgin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
^^^ huh huh.

Stop dwelling on your recent loss and hope you don't lose to Citeh  next week.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2009
tubabie:

^^^ huh huh.

Stop dwelling on your recent loss and hope you don't lose to Citeh  next week.

thank you , but we do not want crocodile tears grin grin grin grin thank you for robbing us grin grin grin

At least one thing u have done now is at least help us convince wenger we still need to buy more players.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2009
No2Atheism:

We did not lose we were robbed grin grin grin grin

But u weren't robbed when Adebayor used his 2 hands to score a goal at OT some seasons ago.
I am sure Mike Dean also told Diaby to head the ball into his own goal.

Buncha losers.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by superstar1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
Bunch of bad losers,

do they think we have forgotten Gallas tackle on Utaka , blatant penalty with red card interest
neither have we forgotten Eduardo the Nollywood star , thank God Mike Dean opened his eyes to see that of Ebou the comedian!!!!!!!!!!

I have watched the match 3ce now, arsenal played purposeless footie thruout the 90mts, they possession yes, but with how many shot at goal. Statiscally, we had 51% possession compared to theirs of 49%, Men are celbrating and baies are whinning,

WE RULE YOUR MIND AND YOUR WORLD

PROUDLY UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by No2Atheism(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
superstar1:

Bunch of bad losers,

do they think we have forgotten Gallas tackle on Utaka , blatant penalty with red card interest
neither have we forgotten Eduardo the Nollywood star , thank God Mike Dean opened his eyes to see that of Ebou the comedian!!!!!!!!!!

I have watched the match 3ce now, arsenal played purposeless footie thruout the 90mts, they possession yes, but with how many shot at goal. Statiscally, we had 51% possession compared to theirs of 49%, Men are celbrating and baies are whinning,

WE RULE YOUR MIND AND YOUR WORLD

PROUDLY UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on diet coke or something or which tackle on utaka are u talking about hope is not the same one where replays shows that utaka tripped himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2009
Score line = United 2 - 1 Arsenal. Get over it already, Arses.
Y'all were plain unlucky. Shit happens. Time to start looking forward to the goal Ade will put in the gaynner net for old times' sake. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by jalether(m): 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
Cristalz:

Score line = United 2 - 1 Arsenal. Get over it already, Arses.
Y'all were plain unlucky. Shit happens. Time to start looking forward to the goal Ade will put in the gaynner net for old times' sake. grin

It sure feels good when you aint on the receiving end cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.