Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? (5638 Views)

Should I Tell My Neighbour To Go & Do DNA Test On His Kids? / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
Errmm.. i'll be quick on this one. My fam rented an apartment some months ago. And since i wasn't around when my mum & my sisters parked in, there were some arrangements in the house that wasn't nicely done example, the wiring in the house wasn't done properly. Imagin the electrician sharing our generator wire connection with our neighbour. Well, i noticed all of this when i came back. And at first, i didn't really look into all of that cos i thought our neighbour who is a lady that could be around 27 years old was gonna be wise as well as act mature enough to know the right thing to do. The fact is whenever we power our Gen, she'll also be sharin our free light with us. I overlooked all of this thinkin maybe at a point she'll be helpin to fill the tank on her own without us tellin her. But months passed and she turned a blind eyes on us. What vex me most is the fact that she has stop greetin me, actin like i never exist whenever she pass by. And whenever i power the Gen, she'll lock herself inside and be enjoyin my sweat that i suffered to fill the tank sad
She has never for once ask me or my sisters how much we've been buyin the fuel talkless of givin them money to fill the tank. So i made up my mind yesterday to disconnect the Generator wire supplyin her light from our power socket. But before i do that, since am a carin and a soft hearted guy that hardly hurts people..i want to know if what am about to do is right... Or should i just let her keep enjoyin the free light?. Please your advice will go a long way..thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Kingsasian(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
Bros, abeg feel free to cut her off since she has made you know that she is an ingrate.

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by DickDastardly(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:
Errmm.. i'll be quick on this one. My fam rented an apartment some months ago. And since i wasn't around when my mum & my sisters parked in, there were some arrangements in the house that wasn't nicely done example, the wiring in the house wasn't done properly. Imagin the electrician sharing our generator wire connection with our neighbor. Well, i noticed all of this when i came back. And at first, i didn't really look into all of that cos i thought our neighbor who is a lady that could be around 27 years old was gonna be wise as well as act mature enough to know the right thing to do. The fact is whenever we power our Gen, she'll also be sharin our free light with us. I overlooked all of this thinkin maybe at a point she'll be helpin to fill the tank on her own without us tellin her. But months passed and she turned a blind eyes on us. What vex me most is the fact that she has stop greetin me, actin like i never exist whenever she pass by. And whenever i power the Gen, she'll lock herself inside and be enjoyin my sweat that i suffered to fill the tank sad
She has never for once ask me or my sisters how much we've been buyin the fuel talkless of givin them money to fill the tank. So i made up my mind yesterday to disconnect the Generator wire supplyin her light from our power socket. But before i do that, since am a carin and a soft hearted guy that hardly hurts people..i want to know if what am about to do is right... Or should i just let her keep enjoyin the free light?. Please your advice will go a long way..thanks
lgnore her and her folly. You'd bring yourself to her low world by doing that. Doing that will make her feel you have her time. Dont be that petty. Rather let your mom take such decision, but never you get into the picture unless you are the petty type.
But if you insist( and are still right), then expect all sorts of silly pranks and innuendos from her and hey, dont come back here with that episode cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
DickDastardly:

lgnore her and her folly. You'd bring yourself to her low world by doing that. Doing that will make her feel you have her time. Dont be that petty. Rather let your mom take such decision, but never you get into the picture unless you are the petty type.
But if you insist( and are still right), then expect all sorts of silly pranks and innuendos from her and hey, dont come back here with that episode cheesy
so i should let her enjoy the free light for this hot weather abi? E go pain me o
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
Kingsasian:
Bros, abeg feel free to cut her off since she has made you know that she is an ingrate.
she deserve it bro.. Well i didn't want to look like a bad person sha. Let me read from others opinion before i do as u've said
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by DickDastardly(m): 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:
so i should let her enjoy the free light for this hot weather abi? E go pain me o
Thats what maturity entail. Btw, the consumption rate of your Generator will not change if you cut her off.
Me think you yearn for her time which she seem not to be giving you due to reasons best known to her. but i bet she greets your mom. Dont be mad about that. believe me once you stop eating "mama thank you" and are on your own, even 50yrs old women will always throw basket of greetings your way. No offeinse tongue
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by nedu2000(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
An extra bulb/tv won't drastically affect your fuel guage,The problem here is that no one likes to feel cheated.
I know if she kindly shows a sign of appreciation you won't be thinking of cutting her off.Ignore her and let her enjoy the free light. She's a wicked person

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by jmichlins(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
I do not know why i have this feeling that you asked her out and she refused and then started to ignore you then you now thought that the best way to get back to her is to disconnect her. Should that be the case you are in for serious issues in that compound and she will use that as leverage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by kelechi50: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
jmichlins:
I do not know why i have this feeling that you asked her out and she refused and then started to ignore you then you now thought that the best way to get back to her is to disconnect her. Should that be the case you are in for serious issues in that compound and she will use that as leverage
guy you're talking don't mind him because the lady ignored your advice towards her you want to cut her light poor you. Grow up

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
DickDastardly:

Thats what maturity entail. Btw, the consumption rate of your Generator will not change if you cut her off.
Me think you yearn for her time which she seem not to be giving you due to reasons best known to her. but i bet she greets your mom. Dont be mad about that. believe me once you stop eating "mama thank you" and are on your own, even 50yrs old women will always throw basket of greetings your way. No offeinse tongue
lol, u makin sense tho
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
nedu2000:
An extra bulb/tv won't drastically affect your fuel guage,The problem here is that no one likes to feel cheated.
I know if she kindly shows a sign of appreciation you won't be thinking of cutting her off.Ignore her and let her enjoy the free light. She's a wicked person
lwkm..shez evul cheesy
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
jmichlins:
I'm 23 and shez 27..how can i ask her out? sad plus she no even enter my eyes self

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by PresVA: 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Why was it connected at the first place? Who instructed the electrician to do so?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Olasco93: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Though for not coming to appreciate your mum for once atleast is wrong of her. But Two wrong they say cannot make a right. You know she is wrong, but you shouldn't allow her immature attitude affect you because it doesn't change your high status in anyway.
The truth is, her Conscience is fighting her, she is just pretending to be unconcerned. And you know what it means when your conscience is fighting you.
Be that matured guy you've always been, and don't let this her act make you think below your original status.
#Ignore her because the Law-of-Karma is real and it will definitely work on her.
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
PresVA:
Why was it connected at the first place? Who instructed the electrician to do so?
lol..if u ask me na who i go ask cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Olasco93:
Though for not coming to appreciate your mum for once atleast is wrong of her. But Two wrong they say cannot make a right. You know she is wrong, but you shouldn't allow her immature attitude affect you because it doesn't change your high status in anyway.
The truth is, her Conscience is fighting her, she is just pretending to be unconcerned. And you know what it means when your conscience is fighting you.
Be that matured guy you've always been, and don't let this her act make you think below your original status.
#Ignore her because the Law-of-Karma is real and it will definitely work on her.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by byvan03: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Just cut off the light, let her learn. You ignore, she will think it's only normal not to acknowledge a favour. She feels that she didn't ask for your help in the first place.

Since it bothers you, this is the solution.

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by ivyT(f): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:
Errmm.. i'll be quick on this one. My fam rented an apartment some months ago. And since i wasn't around when my mum & my sisters parked in, there were some arrangements in the house that wasn't nicely done example, the wiring in the house wasn't done properly. Imagin the electrician sharing our generator wire connection with our neighbour. Well, i noticed all of this when i came back. And at first, i didn't really look into all of that cos i thought our neighbour who is a lady that could be around 27 years old was gonna be wise as well as act mature enough to know the right thing to do. The fact is whenever we power our Gen, she'll also be sharin our free light with us. I overlooked all of this thinkin maybe at a point she'll be helpin to fill the tank on her own without us tellin her. But months passed and she turned a blind eyes on us. What vex me most is the fact that she has stop greetin me, actin like i never exist whenever she pass by. And whenever i power the Gen, she'll lock herself inside and be enjoyin my sweat that i suffered to fill the tank sad

guy pls cut her off,DAT is wot she deserves ,life is hard already

do follow my advice.. #UrDoppleganger

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by lolaluv1(f): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
What is the size of your gen that you are supplying her with electricity? Its like you don't like how you manage it when there is no light.
What happens when its overloaded and packs up because she starts using it to iron and cook on the electric cooker?

This is not even about her not greeting you. Though I don't understand why she shouldn't appreciate such a kind gesture....

Anyways. You are not the government. You don't owe her electricity.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by lolaluv1(f): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:
I'm 23 and shez 27..how can i ask her out? sad plus she no even enter my eyes self

Then why are you waiting for her to greet you first? In Yoruba land, na your elder she be.
Is it because of the gen that you expect her pander to your whims? You self get for hand.

My stance remains the same. Disconnect her!

Problem solved.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:

Has your caring attitude ever put fuel in your generator?
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
orbitalgis:

Has your caring attitude ever put fuel in your generator?
question for the gods
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
lolaluv1:

Then why are you waiting for her to greet you first? In Yoruba land, na your elder she be.
Is it because of the gen that you expect her pander to your whims? You self get for hand.

Problem solved.
lol..u know there are some point where she's suppose to greet first..but she'll jst carry face for up like say na me dey bang am sad
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
ivyT:

guy pls cut her off,DAT is wot she deserves ,life is hard already

do follow my advice.. #UrDoppleganger
mehnn.. I'll try..just that i've start pityin her already..due to the kind heat she go dey xperience in this critical time

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by mistarsam(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
lolaluv1:

Problem solved.

You no dey waste time at all. short and sharp

longest time. how do u , my e-aunty?*lol

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by peacengine(m): 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
bigneorapz:

Dude, if you want to do good, do it without expecting anything in return. If things are hard for you financially, tell her she needs to contribute to the buying of fuel, if she refuses cut her off.
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Dheartless: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
guy if you no cut that light you definately wrong.

1. she knows it is wrong to share some else's gen power without their knowing , yet she kept quiet.

2. your mum doesn't even know a stranger is tapping her gen power without her permission

3. overloading can affect gen power and even cause malfunction.

if she is sure what she is doing is right she won't hide it from you or your mum.
it is only maturity on her person, if she inform you or your mum and ask if you can help her by letting her tap and how she can contribute from time to time.

it is wickedness and immoral of her, to keep quiet on this issue, she definately won't be happy with a neighbor or probably start a quarrel if she was in your shoes.
guy you are doing no wrong if you cut that light infact you are doing the correct thing, if she want light from your moms gen , she should talk to her .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
peacengine:

Dude, if you want to do good, do it without expecting anything in return. If things are hard for you financially, tell her she needs to contribute to the buying of fuel, if she refuses cut her off.
did i tell u that am lookin for something in return? My main concern is for her to be showin appreciation either by thankin or contributin.. Thatz all
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
?.
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Dheartless:
guy if you no cut that light you definately wrong.

1. she knows it is wrong to share some else's gen power without their knowing , yet she kept quiet.

2. your mum doesn't even know a stranger is tapping her gen power without her permission

3. overloading can affect gen power and even cause malfunction.

if she is sure what is doing is right she won't hide it from you or your mum.
it is matured for her to inform you or your mum and ask if you can help her by letting her tap and how she can contribute from time to time.

it is wickedness and immoral for her to keep quiet on this issue, she definately won't be happy with a neighbor or probably start a quarrel if she was in your shoes.
guy you are doin no wrong if you cut that light infact you are doing the correct thing, if she want light from your moms gen , she should talk to her .

hmm..bro u've just change my thinkin now. I wanted to let her be but i think i'll just do has u've said. sad
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by lolaluv1(f): 7:30am On Feb 21, 2016
mistarsam:

You no dey waste time at all. short and sharp

longest time. how do u , my e-aunty*lol(even though e fit b say we dey d same age bracket,)?

looool. I'm fine. How are you doing too?
Re: How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 21, 2016
Disconnect her over and over again..
Even if your gen can power the full street.
That kind babe will soon make you feel that the light is her right, she will use your gen to power her freezer, hotplate and iron

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Feel Any Urge Or Passion for my wife anymore / The Pastor Who Proposed Fingering Me. Part One / Another Nigerian White Baby Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.