Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,560 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? (21488 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by ademega(m): 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
I no get
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by condralbede(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
cool cool
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by condralbede(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
I didn't get o
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Dephilos: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dont mind stupid federal nonsense,, i will be working 4 d money dem go dey dier d para with my fifty card

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
For those not sure what the charges are for, it's a charge for voting a dullard.

No...it is a charge for not diversifying your economy effectively.

The stamp duty has always been there. When oil was above $100 per barrel....we did not need it.Now that it is below $35 per barrel....we need the cash.

Even when oil was high.....we should have been charging it. We are not a rich nation. It is Nigerians who think that we have money like Croesus.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by solarisng: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
OP, you got just two so thank ya stars. I got 69 debit for same reason in just a day. That day my phone was just banging with with alerts so when I saw FIRSTBANK I was thanking God for a rainy day windfall while na me them dey rip off. When I went through all the alerts, I was lucky I wasn't standing then.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by opyscol(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:
I got a debit alert twice from my bank reading something like this-

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:17-02-2016 at 08:43 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:21JAN2016/ S710820

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:19-02-2016 at 03:58 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:03FEB2016

I don't know what the stamp duty is for and why I was only charged for the months of January and February when I've been using the account for a long time.
What aroused my curiosity more is the fact that the transaction was made simultaneously with just 2 days interval.
Fellow nairalanders, did any of you get similar message?
Yes I got the alert too. I was charged #100 on #2000 withdrawal I made over the atm

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by emerged01(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:

let's face the issue as a national one instead of shouting apc.
Im even curious to know why they started imposing this tax in the first instance

The crude oil price has dropped,govt looking for source to generate revenue to fund budget. As a country we are in hard time. Hard time hard measures.
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Mospring(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
amidst hunger and hard time faced by Nigerians this government of change is still changing things to worse.. there's God.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by peacengine(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
For those not sure what the charges are for, it's a charge for voting a dullard.

grin I agree

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by goodlifehyd(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
I guess this is the APC's change we are promised!
stop being silly, it's being in the law since 2009 ineffectual buffoon was just afraid to implement it just like a lot of other policies he left untouched, or was PMB the president in 2009 when it was singed into law moreover it's only on current accounts which I doubt you have

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by sparkleRed(f): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Linzo:
I was charged N50 on my account and i didn't deposit, receive, withdrew or carry out any transaction on the said account. Please can somebody explain to me why Stanbic Bank charge me unjustly, even when CBN excludes savings account from stamp duty

Yea stanbic has dis problem, everyone around me using d bank complains about d unjust taxation

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by luvbeloved(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
They charge salary accounts too o! So much for the change we brought on ourselves. But I can't talk much cos I voted them in.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:17-02-2016 at 08:43 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:21JAN2016/ S710820

A debit of NGN50.00 occurred on your A/C XXXXXX. Date:19-02-2016 at 03:58 Details:CBN STAMPDUTY:03FEB2016

I don't know what the stamp duty is for and why I was only charged for the months of January and February when I've been using the account for a long time.
What aroused my curiosity more is the fact that the transaction was made simultaneously with just 2 days interval.

Is for your federal govt.

Thats all

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by james2man: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Which way nigeria? It has gotten to the stage of milking the poor masses from the little they have to enrich the politicians(elites). The money generated from the natural resources was embezzle by the political theives, the money earned from the natural resources isnt enough so masses are the next prey. Even when the unemployment rate is so high, hardship is the order of the day, economic epileptic.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by nonnystar(f): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
They charged me twice and I was very annoyed, bcus they don't know how I suffered to get money, plsoooo they should deviate another means of generating their foolish revenue

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
nonnystar:
They charged me twice and I was very annoyed, bcus they don't know how I suffered to get money, plsoooo they should deviate another means of generating their foolish revenue

The only way they can generate revenue right now is by taxes.

And before you shout Agriculture....Nigeria right now does not have the capacity to get back into the agric game...with only 10% of our farming done on the large scale farms needed to generate enough revenue from agric.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by samx4real(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Here is a sample from my bank.

Alert: Debit
Acct:2XX..65X
Amt:N50.00
Rmks:sTAMP DUTY CHRG: 01184975 19-JAN-16 CD BY
By:07-Feb-2016 00:20:24

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by papparatzzi2013: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Why are we ll making noise at this time.

The Stamp Duty Act was passed in 2004, revised version was passed in 2009/10. Some people took the Act to court, up to Supreme Court and lost in 2012.

What were we all looking at for 12years before the implementation? it is high time we stop our lackadaisical attiude to governance and laws being passe by our lawmakers.

This is a major lesson for us.

Once a law is passed, government is duty bound to uphold it, no matter whose ox is gored.

My prayer point is the Lord that changed the story of moribund NIPOST overnight will change our stories too, From a Zero revenue generation institution, NIPOST suddenly became an institution that will be generating 2.6trillion per annum for govt. That is a miracle!!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by fghanni(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Well no one is saying anything, I believe the NLC need to say something.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by PecE2Make: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
My was just once and I was not happy about. I had about #3000.00 that I wanted to use for my TP after the deduction of #50 box I was stranded when I want to withdraw the 3k. Buhari has finished me. Those who licks PMB pant will say it's a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
E don red be that ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by olusolaideal(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
end time stamp duty angryend time stamp duty

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Sunofgod(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Broad daylight robbery . . ..

Your Naira has been devalued by stealth.....

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Yseone(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
I was charged #50 6× two Sundays ago, a total of #300 was deducted from my UBA savings Acct. Just because someone paid cash into my Acct which I withdrew 5×…Buhari N Co.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by ednut1(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
stanbic charged me 150 smh. even though d credits i received was salary. this country is jst sick

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by dokunbam(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:
Got some clarifications on the internet. The

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has clarified that the N50 stamp duty imposed on bank customers is not per N1000 but on the whole amounts received as long as it is beyond N1000,

The apex bank had earlier announced that a N50 duty would be imposed on an amount received by a customer exceeding N1000 but there has been rumour that the N50 would be deducted per N1000 received.

READ ALSO: N50 Stamp Duty: Nigerians React

Leadership reports that Mallam Ibrahim Mu’azu, the director of corporate communication of the CBN said on Thursday, January 21 that it was necessary to make the clarification following the rumour and misconception in circulation.

He clarified that eligible transactions that will be charged include all receipts given by a bank or financial institution in acknowledgment of services rendered in respect of teller deposits and electronic transfers for of the value of N1000 and above.

He explained that exeptions to the N50 charge include payments of salaries and wages, payments, deposits by self to self whether inter or intra bank among others.

Mu’azu said the implementation came after a federal high court ordered the CBN to direct Deposit Money Banks (DBM) to collect the duty on behalf of the federal government.

READ ALSO: FG To Make Billions Of Naira From stamp Duty

“Consequently, the DMBs have been directed to commence the collection of the duty thus: Banks are to collect the N50 stamp duty and remit same to the Nigerian Postal Services on behalf of the customer,” he said.

Source:https://www.naij.com/704761-n50-stamp-duty-cbn-makes-clarification.html
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by yousee(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Stanbic charged me twice on my savings account on two deposits I made last week.
I tweeted them and they said it's on all accounts not just current or coporate account.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by dokunbam(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Only on Current Account
Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Dubemkelly(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hmm, haven't noticed and I hardly notice dsuch charges unless some notification is made through SMS but truth be told, this is cruel and irrational,some people are only getting stipends and if u keep charging them over 1k received, thenn the govt is making the person's savings on the decline, people might like to resort to using" kolo" or the ancient way off money transaction. Lets enjoy the advanced tech of our time not to suffer for it

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Eyop: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yseone:
I was charged #50 6× two Sundays ago, a total of #300 was deducted from my UBA savings Acct. Just because someone paid cash into my Acct which I withdrew 5×…Buhari N Co.

Open a savings account with any bank or with same UBA and activate online banking. Let this account be the receiving account for deposits and once funds are credited into it,you can easily do an online transfer to your personal current account without any issues and you won't be charged stamp duty fees since both accounts carry the same name.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Got Charged 50# As CBN Stamp Duty Fee? by Zipopo(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
enieme:

To me.....it is called fraud

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lekoil Duped Into Thinking It Received $184 Million Loan / Nigerian Breweries Completes ₦5.1 Billion Automated PET Line In Ogun State / Brad E-commerce, Is It Legit Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.